Tyra Banks-Witches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyra Banks-Witches

I'm watching it right now, its alright so far. Has anybody else seen it/watching it?

be well,
    Autumn
    Our bible is the Wind and the Rain

Love, light, peace, & blessings to all

OPEN FOR READINGS NOW!Get Your Readings Here!

I've seen parts. It's a rerun I believe.
    An older thread, not too many posts though: the tyra banks show(witch episoad)
    I don't think I was too impressed with it. I believe there was "White Magick" mentions...or something. I don't know.

Comment

Oh yeah, the mentioned later in the show.
      Booo. :/
      It disapointed me after watching the whole thing. Dark/light witches, then the Christian who used to be a witch said it was dangerous because her spirit guide told her to kill herself. Well, I'm sure the guide meant to symbolically kill the unwanted energies, but if she's too stupid to figure it out, its her loss of an amazing practice.

Dumb, stupid people.

be well,
      Autumn

Comment

Tyra will just figure out a way to turn it all around so it's about her.
        I don't watch her. She's a waste.

Comment

This is true. I also didn't realize it was a rerun.

Booo.

Why can't something about witches be projected on TV and let it be true? Well, there was this one family of witches that they interviewed on TLC and it was done very well, but thats like the only show, ever ever. :/

be well,
          Autumn

Comment

True doesn't sell. On the whole we are much too normal. Scandal sells. Freaky sells. Sex sells. You don't get much of any of that (especially scandalous freaky sex) if you are tied to the truth...

"It's sad, but the average American would not know how to question authority if it were on the other end of a knock knock joke."

Paul Gilmartin

"The Earth is the cradle of humanity, but mankind cannot stay in the cradle forever."

Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

Comment

This is true again. But I think the general public needs to know that we don't eat babies and worship Satan and run around with green faces and such. I guess it'll happen more as our population grows more....

but I still think the truth needs to happen, some people are too stupid to read a book about it so they'd know we aren't odd and creepy.

be well,
              Autumn

Comment

But I think the general public needs to know that we don't eat babies and worship Satan and run around with green faces and such.
                Oh, I couldn't agree with you more. Just that it will be an uphill battle. But we will persevere....

"It's sad, but the average American would not know how to question authority if it were on the other end of a knock knock joke."

Paul Gilmartin

"The Earth is the cradle of humanity, but mankind cannot stay in the cradle forever."

Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

Comment

Originally posted by DarkDancer View Post
                  True doesn't sell. On the whole we are much too normal. Scandal sells. Freaky sells. Sex sells. You don't get much of any of that (especially scandalous freaky sex) if you are tied to the truth...
                  Which is precisely why they don't show normal Christians or Muslims on TV very often either - all we see are the crazies.

The way I figure it, if people are too dumb to realize that what you see on TV isn't the whole truth, then they probably wouldn't listen to "the truth" anyway.

Comment

You know, a friend of mine asked me about this yesterday... and Ive been meaning to coem back to this thread and put my 2cents in.

I think it was what it was. Its daytime television... its bound to happen. I still absolutly adore Tyra Banks... and to be fair Tyra is what she is.

I just loved seeing Fiona Horne again .

I dont think that it should be paid too much attention to. Yes its perpetuating stereotypes... but I doubt that the Tyra Banks show is really that important in the grand scheme of things. My coworker, who isnt Pagan or wiccan but does read tarot cards :0 said she thought the guests were quite well spoken, despite the last one.

Like i said, I still love Tyra for having Fred Phelps' daughter and grand daughters(??) on... and completly destroying them.

असतोमा सद्गमय। तमसोमा ज्योतिर् गमया।
                    मृत्योर्मामृतं गमय॥
                    ॐ Om Asatoma Sadgamaya, Tamasoma Jyoti Gamaya, Mrityoma Amritam Gamaya ॐ

Comment

I have not watched one Tyra show since this has aired. She's a waste of air-time.

Comment

I remember seeing a clip of the tyra show where she gave her entire audience something really stupid, like a block of cheese, and she was freaking out about it as if she had just won 12 million dollars herself....

Some people don't deserve to have a television show, and some people are tyra banks
                        Herein the day of upon us
                        Much less caring
                        For others haunts us
                        No one can make another
                        Promise to us

You find it strange how
                        The darkness calms us
                        Alone at home and hopeless

Drown in the life
                        We've left behind us
                        -MRH-

"For it is easier for a man to destroy the light inside himself, Than to defeat the darkness all around him."

Comment

I'm almost disappointed I missed the Phelps show.
                          You have to be the change you wish to see in the world

Be careful,do not make a woman cry, because Allah (SWT) counts her tears.

A woman came out of a man's rib. Not from his Feet to be walked on. Not from his Head to be superior over, but from his Side to be Equal, under the Arm to be Protected, and next to the Heart to be Loved.
                          "We take hate and flip it like a pancake; We take love and spread it like an outbreak" - Khalil

Comment

She did a show on Phelps? What a waste. I'm glad I didn't see that show.

"Madness takes its toll, please have exact change".

-Jessica [aka Whitewolf]sigpic

Myspace:http://www.myspace.com/White_Wolf1

My Paganspace page: http://www.paganspace.net/profile/whitewolf51

Comment

I had posted a detailed post/press release about this exact show on my blog. A lot of people replied and there was a general feeling that the show was poorly done and poorly researched. I take it to show how much more education needs to be put out about who we are. October is right around the corner, and Halloween specials will point in our direction, maybe this year things will take a turn for the better.

Comment

Working...
                              X