What warrants a hex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What warrants a hex?

Note: I looked over forum rules and didn't see anything about posting about this (some websites are anti-hex discussion).
    Please let me know if I'm violating anything

What, in your opinion, warrants a hex?
    Have you ever needed to cast one?

I tell you what warrants a hex, Rev Eddie Long and his desire to touch teens. I personally want to send some hurt his way :smileroll.

Comment

well, a hex is a minor curse, usually not intended to be serious or always long lasting.

My ex..took my kids, told me that I couldn't see them, allowed his "wife" to say and do some nasty things to them, popped in and out of their lives, broken promises, hurtful things...so..yeah, lets just say he did a few years in prison.

I think it should be taken seriously no matter if its a curse, hex, jinx or whatever and one has to be prepared to deal with effects that may or may not fall back on them.

I would say that if one is angry and in the heat of the moment, to NOT do anything until one is more level headed and can weigh everything before its done.

It's up to the individual to decide on if they think its warranted or not.

Comment

A Hex is a curse, they can take many forms and have different definitions depending on the path. But generally it is all about Blessings or Curses, Baby - Blessings or Curses.

Comment

Yep, lets all curse Eddie Long. Sorry, that man really gets me going.

Comment

I read this as "what warrants sex" and my response would be "whatever tickles your pickle"

But as for hexes, not a fan at all. Someone would have to hurt me pretty badly I think for me to try to hex them. The farthest I generally go is a piss poor attempt at a psychic attack.

Carry on.

Comment

the same sorts of things that warrant shooting someone, there aren't very many, and you'll know them when you see them.
              "The word "natural" is completely meaningless! Everything is natural! Nature includes everything! It's not just trees and flowers! It's everything! A chemical company's toxic waste is completely natural! It's part of the nature! We're all part of nature! Everything is natural! Dog shit is natural! It's just not real good food!" George Carlin

http://www.last.fm/user/kidthorazine/

Drop acid, not bombs.

Add me on facebook! (please mention that you are from MW and include username)

Comment

I've never done psychic attacks before. Heard of them but never done them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nox_Mortus View Post
                  the same sorts of things that warrant shooting someone, there aren't very many, and you'll know them when you see them.
                  Unlike with shootings though, hexes and curses and the link can vary in degree on how they go out. (from minor to major) When you shoot someone you shoot someone.

To each their own I guess though. Although I do think its something it should be taken seriously. Perhaps not as serious as shooting someone though

Comment

Originally posted by TuathaSidhe View Post

I would say that if one is angry and in the heat of the moment, to NOT do anything until one is more level headed and can weigh everything before its done.
                    Indeed you should think it over but the anger/rage is what powers the hex or curse....

Comment

Originally posted by TuathaSidhe View Post
                      Unlike with shootings though, hexes and curses and the link can vary in degree on how they go out. (from minor to major) When you shoot someone you shoot someone.

To each their own I guess though. Although I do think its something it should be taken seriously. Perhaps not as serious as shooting someone though
                      You clearly haven't heard of rubber bullets.
                      "The word "natural" is completely meaningless! Everything is natural! Nature includes everything! It's not just trees and flowers! It's everything! A chemical company's toxic waste is completely natural! It's part of the nature! We're all part of nature! Everything is natural! Dog shit is natural! It's just not real good food!" George Carlin

http://www.last.fm/user/kidthorazine/

Drop acid, not bombs.

Add me on facebook! (please mention that you are from MW and include username)

Comment

Originally posted by Nox_Mortus View Post
                        You clearly haven't heard of rubber bullets.
                        i may have a good use for rubber bullets...*wheels start turning*

Comment

Originally posted by herbal_legends View Post
                          Note: I looked over forum rules and didn't see anything about posting about this (some websites are anti-hex discussion).
                          Please let me know if I'm violating anything

What, in your opinion, warrants a hex?
                          Have you ever needed to cast one?

If someone pisses me off enough ^^

Yeah, i've hexed people..i guess. All i did was ask they get what they give in return...happened to be some very loud disruptive neighbors.

Generally if someone hurts/threatens my family/friends/property then I'll do whatever I have to to protect it/them and accept the consequences.
                          ~*~ )o( Blessings in Shadow & Light! )o( ~*~

~ Semper Fi ~

Comment

Originally posted by herbal_legends View Post
                            Indeed you should think it over but the anger/rage is what powers the hex or curse....
                            Anger and rage are rarely easily controlled. Using them generally results in sloppy work.

I find that in waiting, you have more control, and usually a much stronger (and more stable) base to work with. If you've ever truly felt anger, you know what I mean. It starts as hot and a bit unstable, but can turn into something cold and solid, which is what I prefer to work with. To each their own, I suppose.
                            Check out my shop for a variety of jewelry, salves, crafts, and more: www.divineessencecreations.com

Find me on Facebook for updates, coupons, and discussions on products that you want to see: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Divine...85628011493663

Comment

If I, as a Wiccan, may add a thought.

I would consider a hex appropriate for any circumstance that would require self defense. If someone is a threat and one has no legal recourse it is, in my opinion and in accordance with a healthy and legitimate instinct of self-preservation, then you can or even must defend yourself. A hex is nothing more than an act of psychic violence. If knocking someone out with your fist would be appropriate then I believe it totally acceptable to hit that person with a psychic punch.

Allow me to relay a personal experience of hexing myself.

Years ago, my son's mother was a rageaholic and was rather abusive to my son's older brother. Despite my best efforts and the efforts of her therapist she failed to see reason. Local social services was seemingly powerless due to the wishy washy nature of the caseworker assigned her case.

I decided I needed to take action. I cast a binding spell upon her. I had, when visiting my son (this was before I had custody) procured a bit of her hair from a comb she had laying around in her room and used it as a necessary psychic link. Then I went about casting a homemade spell to prevent her from doing any more harm.

The results were rapid and profound. Within a week she complained of feeling out of sorts. She felt less and less desire to interact with people (and she is extremely social), she stopped exercising, she began gaining weight and started experiencing bouts of crippling guilt and grief regarding her behavior toward her son. She couldn't get out of bed in the morning sometimes and had to give custody (at this time temporarily) of her children to others myself included.

She had lapsed into a deep depression because she was feeling, for the first time, the full impact of abuse she had committed against her son. She couldn't unsderstand why this was happening and because she was learning from the experience I had no intention of lifting the hex.

After some (perhaps four) months she finally snapped out of the depression with the help of Zoloft and therapy however, after it was over, she was a different person. Everything, even fundamental things like her taste in music and men, had changed. It was a seed change in her personality that she couldn't understand.

Best of all, her behavior toward her children improved (for the time being anyway but that a tale for another time) as though she had learned her lesson. She really believed that what she went through was a karmic punishment for her behavior toward her children. Who was I to argue?

The tale doesn't entirely end there, but that's enough for you to get the point. I hexed the hell out of her but the hex wasn't about punishment, it was about prevention and learning. I wanted her to stop abusing her son and to learn from her choices. I simply accelerated her learning process and prevented any more harm, either physical or psychological, from happening to her children. The hex was the only responsible thing I could do.

Here's a hint I can offer for effective hexing. Blind anger and rage are clumsy and difficult to control. Ice cold hatred, the kind of hatred that would allow you to shoot someone is far, far easier to work with. There is a clarity in hatred that makes it easier to work with. Anger has ebbs and flows. Anger can ease up, hatred does not. Hatred doesn't allow for other emotions like doubt to enter into the equation. Hatred has a certainty.

The important thing to consider is that my hatred wasn't for her, it was for her behavior. This is a subtle but important point. It may be hard to do, but I highly recommend that you direct your hex either to the behavior or toward the bringing of justice and not to simply bring harm in order to gain satisfaction in another's suffering. I acted not only out of hatred for her behaviour but out of love for my son's brother. I truly didn't want her harmed but, at the same time, I realize magick takes the route of least resistance and was willing to accept whatever came. If the only way for her to stop being abusive toward her son was to have her come to some harm I would have been ok with that. Fortunately, it didn't.

After she her abusive behavior stopped, my hatred naturally vanished as if it never existed. If I had hatred for her, the hatred would have remained and could have ultimately caused me harm. But because it was directed toward her behavior, it evaporated once the behavior ceased. I never experienced any snap-back, magickal backlash, or any negative karmic effects whatsoever. In fact, the hex was a success on all levels.

To this day my son's mother and I are good friends and she has changed a great deal since those terrible days.

Hexing works, just be careful what you wish for because you just might get it, especially if the hex works beyond your expectations. If your reasons are just and your motives (pure, not necessarily nice) you'll suffer no negative effects. Allow me to add that I do believe in karma and that malice can easily consume anyone who allows it too long in their heart. Self-knowledge is very important.

)o( Blessed Be,

Chris
                              Last edited by Sundragon; September 27th, 2010, 10:22 AM.
                              Come visit my blog

Sorcery and Spirit

where I discuss Magick, Mystical Spirituality and whatever else comes to mind.

" Wherever you are is home
                              And the earth is paradise
                              Wherever you set your feet is holy land . . .
                              You don't live off it like a parasite.
                              You live in it, and it in you,
                              Or you don't survive.
                              And that is the only worship of God there is."

- Wilfred Pelletier and Ted Poole

Comment

Working...
                              X