No announcement yet.

Mastering Witchcraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally don't believe that one book can show you how to master witchcraft and so I don't think that it was the right title for the book.

For the record, Huson has said that the title was pasted on by the publisher. he worked with a title like "A Guide for Witches, Warlocks and Covens."
    Ian

Comment

Oh if you want to know his name was Paul Huson, scary guy.

That just seems silly to me. Huson is an amateur scholar with a deep interest in the occult. Mastering Witchcraft isn't about satanic Witchcraft at all, though he doesn't mind an occasional reference to the Old Fellow. It's plainly about the Pagan gods, and especially about how to employ their power in magic.

If you find instruction in cursing scary, then there's some scary stuff in the book, otherwise it's just the usual spells for protection, divination and love.

Huson's work on the Tarot is some of the best in the Pagan movement. I highly recommend "Mystical origins of the Tarot".

Comment

Originally posted by IanCorrigan View Post
        .. Mastering Witchcraft isn't about satanic Witchcraft at all, though he doesn't mind an occasional reference to the Old Fellow. It's plainly about the Pagan gods, and especially about how to employ their power in magic.
        Since I hadn't read it in a number of years though I'd find the PDF and re-read it.

However, from the forward endorsement and intro to the book

Here is a beginner's guide to practical witchcraft, revealing the techniques and secret workings of those who practice the black arts .. From reciting the Lord's Prayer backwards, through all the satanic rituals and practices, Paul Huson carefully explains the details of witchcraft..
        Like I said, back then it was all satanic in the eyes of most people.

Comment

Oh if you want to know his name was Paul Huson, scary guy.

That just seems silly to me. Huson is an amateur scholar with a deep interest in the occult. Mastering Witchcraft isn't about satanic Witchcraft at all, though he doesn't mind an occasional reference to the Old Fellow. It's plainly about the Pagan gods, and especially about how to employ their power in magic.

If you find instruction in cursing scary, then there's some scary stuff in the book, otherwise it's just the usual spells for protection, divination and love.

Huson's work on the Tarot is some of the best in the Pagan movement. I highly recommend "Mystical origins of the Tarot".
          Oh I don't think that cursing is scary. If I believe that it was then I wouldn't be interested in learning about it. There seems to be a lot of amateur scholars going on out there, writing books. However one thing that I'll say about the book it's not anything closely like the fluff that comes from Silver and D.J Conway.

Comment

Originally posted by MonSno_LeeDra View Post
            Since I hadn't read it in a number of years though I'd find the PDF and re-read it.

However, from the forward endorsement and intro to the book

Like I said, back then it was all satanic in the eyes of most people.
            (Eye rolls) yeah, your right. Heck I watched a video about a woman that attacked paganism and said that it was due to the genostic movement and science. Give me a break.

Comment

I personally don't believe that one book can show you how to master witchcraft and so I don't think that it was the right title for the book.

For the record, Huson has said that the title was pasted on by the publisher. he worked with a title like "A Guide for Witches, Warlocks and Covens."
              Ian
              Now that was stupid, keep the title the author wants.

Comment

But the full title is:

MASTERING WITCHCRAFT
                A Practical Guide for Witches, Warlocks and Covens

Which by the title does not mean one masters witchcraft but moves along the road to mastering it. A play on words and meaning but a significant difference in actuality.

Comment

Originally posted by MonSno_LeeDra View Post
                  But the full title is:

MASTERING WITCHCRAFT
                  A Practical Guide for Witches, Warlocks and Covens

Which by the title does not mean one masters witchcraft but moves along the road to mastering it. A play on words and meaning but a significant difference in actuality.
                  I really hate play on words book title. However I'm willing to give the book another shot. Now that I've gotten over my shock, and I know more about the author and time frame, I'll read it again and let you know what I think about it from a non-shocked view.

Comment

Working...
                  X