witchcraft families

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• witchcraft families

i'm starting to think i'm almost one of a kind here.... both sides of my family are witches for generations... i didn't really realize until now (which is funny.. because i'm 25 years old), that it doesn't just 'work that way' for everyone... so, how many of you come from a family tradition? just out of curiosity.. i'm not trying to make a big deal out of who is 'natural' or any of that stupid crap.. i'm just interested..please explain also...

my mother and father are both german, but mom is a little less than half irish... back to at least their great-great-great grandmothers, they were all witches of very similar trad., apparently the great(x2) grandmothers of both my mom and my dad were great friends in europe... i find that very amazing.... anyway, i guess that's how the family paths got crossed and became so similar. so, i was born of two witches.. how bout you?
    no.
    39.62%
    yes, one parent is a witch
    6.21%
    yes, both parents are witches
    3.58%
    yes, someone before my parents (grandparents, great aunts/uncles, etc.)
    19.57%
    don't know
    31.03%

no, but I plan on starting one :hehehehe:

Do you follow that family tradition, or are you wiccan?
    How much of the hereditory traditions do you incorporate into your craft?

Comment

i am not wiccan, i don't agree with wicca...

and, i have all the hereditary trad. i don't always use them, but i have them to pass on.

Comment

No I'm not. All of my relatives are Christians with the exception of a Grandpa who is an Atheist.

Comment

I had to go back almost 2 hundred years genealogically to find any ancestors who weren't christian. There's quite a few rather colorful characters I'm distantly related to that I highly suspect must have been witches, although I can't prove it, there's a lot of circumstantial evidence

Comment

I have a feeling I do, but I can't prove it. My SO thinks I must, but it's so well hidden, I doubt we'll ever be able to say definitely.

Comment

well.. i guess i'm lucky to know. i think there have to be more than just me.. lol. maybe everyone just doesn't know like my family does.

Comment

My Grandma taught me everything I know. She was a Catholic witch, as was her mother before that.

I kept the witch part and dropped the Catholic bit.

Comment

To the best of my knowledge my family is christian on both sides as far back as I can trace. I decided to find a different path because christianity didn't make sense to me.
                  Matt Olsen

Comment

I don't come from a witch family but we were very spiritually ecclectic and were taught about the power of prayer ect. My mother is in the process of being a cabalist. Although we are offically Catholic (the kind where its basically Mary worship)

Comment

My mom's side of the family is Irish/Italian and has a history of producing people who are "gifted." I don't think they ever called themselves witches per se, but they were local healers and magic workers. I have a great grandfather who was famous for curing warts! That's about it, father's side, not so much.

Comment

My grandmother on my mother's side was/is. I really have no idea if she is alive or not. My mother gave me this information, and I had to pry more out of her, which she barely knew. There were books, tons of them, hand written. My mother was going to give them to me, she said some had dated back to the late 17th century. Unfortunately, the books were lost in a fire, I was told.) My maternal grandmother was Irish, and english. Born and raised in England. Her family traces back to both Ireland and England.

She came to America with my papa. She was a war bride. My papa, who was 100% French and Catholic (his parents immigrated from France in April 1912, they actually came over on the Carpathia. They were originally headed for a vacation in the Mediterranean, but well got side tracked, when the Carpathia answered the distress call of the Titanic. When the Carpathia arrived in New York, they disembarked, and decided to stay.) fought in WWII, he was sent to France & England. When he came home, my grandmother came with him.

However, my grandmother and he did not see eye to eye on raising children. She had her way, and he had his. So, 4 years after my mother was born in '57, they split. She left all of her belongings, and just disappeared. My mother said their different backgrounds is what split them up. I have no idea if she is alive, or not. I do not even know her maiden name. And most of that information died with my papa in 2002.

Anyway, there is a little bit of *Linx* history.

Comment

Quite a story you have there, Linx! (Sorry to threadjack - but I love interesting stories. Couldn't resist commenting <g>)
                          Stephanie ءine llllllllllll
                          Forum Guide/Celtic Christianity
                          Paths: Druids, Celts, & Celtic Christians

2 Cor. 5:17-19 / Matt 22:37-40 / Luke 11:33-36

Comment

Everyone in my family except for me and my older sister(that I know of) are witches of some type but most of family claims Christianity. However psychic and sixth sense does run in my family, particularly my father's famiy(but both sides) even not many of them will admit it, some are even worse then other when trying to express a premonition that they have warn you about.

Comment

Oops I meant to say that me and my sister are witches, but everyone else claims Christianity.

Comment

Working...
                              X