No announcement yet.

witches in fairytales...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The witches in Enid Blyton books have a vast array .. both good neutral and evil, ugly pretty and indifferent. Digging further below the surface reveals alot more story.

Comment

Originally posted by Bec_W
      Isn't the witch in Snow White beautiful? After all, the only one "fairer" then she was Snow White herself.
      Have to say I did like Neil Gaiman's treatment of the Snow White story, with the good witch and the vampire Snow White...

gwyn eich byd

Ffred
      Ticfa Tلlcenn
      Tar muir mercenn
      a thrي thollcenn,
      a chrann crombcenn.

Canfaid mيchrلbud
      a méis ي n-airthuir a thige;
      fris-gérat a muinter uile:
      Amén, Amén.

Comment

well it's not a fairy tale but Casper the Ghost's best friend was a good witch...
        ~I ride the Dawn, I sail the Dusk, I am the world in between. ~

Comment

Originally posted by gurlygurl2004
          Why can't it be a beautiful witch that seduces(or at least tries to seduce) the prince.
          Little mermaid? The Disney version anyway. Vanessa was way hotter than Ariel. :crown:

I think the ugliness of the "witch" is a visual for her being the antagonist. i mean if u have a beautiful witch, you aren't going to think she's the bad guy.

Thanks Faeawyn!!!!!!

<script language="JavaScript" src="http://www.widgetsworld.co.uk/exe/moonphase.php">// Live Moon Phase Plugin v 1.0 from http://www.widgetsworld.co.uk/</script>

Comment

Maybe it seems like the 'good' characters are always Christians and the 'bad' characters are always pagans because you have WAAAAY too much time on your hands and a rather noticable persecution complex, as well as a sickening amount of smileys in your signature. Some people have to use dialup, you know.

Comment

Admin mode

Originally posted by Silverfire Darkmoon
              Maybe it seems like the 'good' characters are always Christians and the 'bad' characters are always pagans because you have WAAAAY too much time on your hands and a rather noticable persecution complex, as well as a sickening amount of smileys in your signature. Some people have to use dialup, you know.
              Excuse you?
              Xentor, your friendly-neighbourhood Checkerist
              Contact me | The Dialogues on Checkerism

Comment

I would like to see a new series of fairy tale where the evil stepmother is a Kenneth Copland- loving, Benny Hinn- following, Bob Larson giving- money- to fundamentalist Christian! Make them evil! Because they are! The guys in Venom have nothing on the evilness of the Religious Right!! We must prove ourselves as formidable enemies! If we want to survive! The Big Three are too powerful! We must resist!

Comment

Working...
                X