Practicing Witch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practicing Witch?

I have spent a lot of my time ever since I was 15 just reading and studying all I could. Now I feel it's time to get more experience through practicing. Learning how to raise energy, simple spells, prayers, chants what have you. I am just not sure where to start or what to do. For those advanced, what would you recommend for a new practicing witch?

Bless your heart,welcome friend,im sure someone will respond here shortly,I dont know much either,im taking a class right now in the CoT

Comment

Originally posted by azzeenasman
      Bless your heart,welcome friend,im sure someone will respond here shortly,I dont know much either,im taking a class right now in the CoT
      Thank you so much ^^ That's very kind of you <3 By the way, I love your signature

Comment

And by the way,there are many good teachers here,they just are not online yet,like Bethra,Brigid Moon,and many others,keep asking,youll find them

Comment

I would suggest something very simple, a horse shoe over the door for luck things along that line and build from there.

Comment

Hello and welcome. I have always recommended the book by Raymond Buckland, 'Bucklands' Complete Book of Witchcraft'. It was a wealth of information and is easy to understand. The book really gives you a good place to start. Mostly though, if you've done enough reading you should know the basics of all of these things; spells, chants, raising energy etc, and anyone will tell you, it all has so much more power if you come up with them on your own. I know how you feel though, I was studying for years before I actually began practicing because I was so afraid of doing it wrong. Just jump in and do it. believe in yourself! You'll learn from you mistakes, we all have. Good luck and blessed be!!!!!!!!
            Jumbles of Confusion

Comment

I suggest you go to some of those books you've read and studied. They should contain some exercises to get you started. I like Starhawk's The Spiral Dance. It contains many exercises for beginners, including visualization, meditation, raising energy, etc.

Comment

The key word is "practising". So practice. Do something. I doesn't really matter what it is. Just do it. What you learn there will carry over into doing other things.
                "The facts do not change, but their order is given another dimension through another myth. They are experienced differently; they gain another tale."-James Hillman

Justice is blind. A witch is not.

Comment

I do not know what all Your konwledge contains so if these suggestions are mundane excuse me ,I do not mean to insult.If I were You I would start off with practicing grounding and centering and meditation exercises,then work up to candle magic which is good for beginners to practice.If You are unsure of Yourself then take a basics of spell craft type class and always keep learning and broading Your mind.I hope this helps!
                  ~Magic and Rituals & Advanced Paganism Forum Guide~
                  ~Paths: Palo, Santeria, Hoodoo, Voodoo Forum Guide~
                  Thanks Catiana and Athena-Nadine for the beautiful banners!

I am the daughter of earth and water, and nursling of the sky; I pass through the pores of the ocean and shores; I change but cannot die.{Percy Bysshe Shelley}

RIP Tony
                  05/25/67 - 06/22/08
                  You are my Angel

Comment

Well, you sound rather well-read about the Arts, so I'm not going to suggest any books, but I will give some examples of what I started out with.

Some easy energy work is always good. Get used to feeling energy flowing through your chakras. Eventually, you fill find which chakras it is easiest for you to move energy with. For instance, my one friend feels that he channels energy easiest through his heart chakra. I move it better with my hands.

Once you're comfortable with energy (proficiency is less important than confidence), some easy candle spells or image spells are much fun and very simple.

Most important is that you follow your heart and experiment with what interests YOU. I never did the easy meditations or worked with crystals because I had no desire to do so. Instead, I skipped to candle magic and some easy astral travel. Work with whatever draws YOU in.

Best wishes. ^.^
                    - Daniel -
                    ~ Kosher Kitchen Queen ~
                    "Inspirer de l'air, expirer de toi..." - Lara Fabian
                    My LiveJournal - Facebook, My Addiction
                    "That's why I'm not gonna spit in yo' face. You know what? You know what? I will, however, *****-slap yo' face!" - New York

Comment

Originally posted by Mizu no Tennyou
                      I have spent a lot of my time ever since I was 15 just reading and studying all I could. Now I feel it's time to get more experience through practicing. Learning how to raise energy, simple spells, prayers, chants what have you. I am just not sure where to start or what to do. For those advanced, what would you recommend for a new practicing witch?
                      Witchcrafting by Phyllis Curott. It is, bar none, the best book for beginners around these days. Following through with the exercises in the book will give you a really solid foundation in spiritual practice.

I'd also recommend spending as much time as you can in nature, sitting in silence, and watching your thoughts - keep them in check with who you want to be. That is as magical as anything else you can do.

Saffron

Comment

Working...
                      X