Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Empaths a product of their life or are We born that way ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Empaths a product of their life or are We born that way ?

I have been doing alot of thining about this and wondered what everyone at MW's views are on this subject. Do You think empaths are a product of the life they live or were they born this way? Some of the things that happened as I was growing up have made me wonder if it is a product of what happened to us along the way.I do recall being like this at a very young age though.
    ~Magic and Rituals & Advanced Paganism Forum Guide~
    ~Paths: Palo, Santeria, Hoodoo, Voodoo Forum Guide~
    Thanks Catiana and Athena-Nadine for the beautiful banners!

I am the daughter of earth and water, and nursling of the sky; I pass through the pores of the ocean and shores; I change but cannot die.{Percy Bysshe Shelley}

RIP Tony
    05/25/67 - 06/22/08
    You are my Angel

both.. or either one. i think it depends.

Comment

That's tough, because I remember being like this at a young age as well, but went through so much in my childhood that I can't tell if it's a product of environment.

Color me confused as well!
      "The Rat hummed a tune, and the Mole recollected that animal-etiquette forbade any sort of comment on the sudden disappearance of one's friends at any moment, for any reason or no reason whatever."
      -Kenneth Grahame

Comment

Originally posted by LadyLeo
        both.. or either one. i think it depends.
        I am new at this empathy....i have kow idea how to controll it..how to use it to my benifit or anything and i am 15...i dont remember anything when i was younger about it...but i am also and astro-projector and dont remember anything about that either..i think it grows while you grow...
        **Robin**

Comment

Empaths

FYI: There are three ways in which Spirit communicates with us. 1. Clairvoyance: clair means clear and voyance means to see. Clear seeing. 2. Clairaudiance: Clear hearing. 3. Clairsentience: Clear feeling.

Today, people who are clairsentient are often called empaths. We can thank Star Trek for that.

These abilities are things that all people are born with to a greater or lesser extent. All are called psychics.

Hope this helps.

Bright Blessings,
          Lady Avalon

Comment

Originally posted by Charms_91789
            I am new at this empathy....i have kow idea how to controll it..how to use it to my benifit or anything and i am 15...i dont remember anything when i was younger about it...but i am also and astro-projector and dont remember anything about that either..i think it grows while you grow...
            I am 40 years old and still struggle with trying to control it.

I am the daughter of earth and water, and nursling of the sky; I pass through the pores of the ocean and shores; I change but cannot die.{Percy Bysshe Shelley}

RIP Tony
            05/25/67 - 06/22/08
            You are my Angel

Comment

could someone post something clarifying what you guys mean? because i have no idea..

Comment

I have been this way for as long as I can remember. As a child everytime I watched a show with someone swimming I couldn't breathe myself. I am still this way. But, I just learned a year ago that there is actually a name for it. I think that yes we are born with it, but it also grows and matures as we do.
                [I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it.

Cleverly Disguised as a Responsible Adult.

Comment

I think that everyone is born with psychic abilities, we just have to learn to hone them and use them constructively. Some are born with more advanced abilities than others, but we all have psychic capabilities. Some people can always remember being empaths, some people's abilities were triggered by events in their lives, and some people have to work on developing empathy(this applies to all other psychic abilities, as well.) So I think that sometimes, how strong it is, or whether is surfaces or not, can be due in part to the environment one grows up in and how much one is willing to develop their abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by ravynbynorthwynd
                    could someone post something clarifying what you guys mean? because i have no idea..
                    For me I was born with strong gifts of Clairvoyance(clear seeing) and also strong in Clairaudience( clear feeling) .There is also Clairsentience(clear hearing) I am not strong in that area. What it boils down to for me is that I get glimpses of others lives and feelings.I try not to shake hands or have alot of physical contact with people because of the Clairsentience.I can just be around someone and pick up on that but physical contact impacts it greatly for me.Thats like a magnifyer for me.As for the Clairvoyance it has been a struggle to control even after 40 years.I can have it happen at the most inopportune times.I hope this helps You understand what we are talking about. I work with the public and I feel so many emotions and see so many things sometimes its overwelming for me.

RIP Tony
                    05/25/67 - 06/22/08
                    You are my Angel

Comment

IMO I think some are born that way, others acquire the ability along the way (NOT saying they don't already have it, because I too believe everyone has the ability) just not sure how to use it or if it is awake in them.

I personally am an empath (clairavoyant) ... take your pick of words. I was born with it. I remember (under the right circumstances) things that happened as a child and as I grew up.
                      Unen zurhenees yoslov [Greeting you with a true heart]
                      Izbranniki Dukhov [Chosen By the Spirits]

Path: Native American/Shaman/Healer/Seer
                      Healer: 1st Degree Reiki certified
                      Divination: Beginner Tarot Reader
                      Specialize in: Herbs and Crystals
                      Hobbies: Writing, Basketweaving, Beading

Comment

FYI: There are three ways in which Spirit communicates with us. 1. Clairvoyance: clair means clear and voyance means to see. Clear seeing. 2. Clairaudiance: Clear hearing. 3. Clairsentience: Clear feeling.

~~~~~~~~
                        IMO I think some are born that way, others acquire the ability along the way (NOT saying they don't already have it, because I too believe everyone has the ability) just not sure how to use it or if it is awake in them.

I personally am an empath (I have the ability to do all three above, depends on the situation rather it is more or less per situation though) ... take your pick of words. I was born with it. I remember (under the right circumstances) things that happened as a child and as I grew up.
                        Unen zurhenees yoslov [Greeting you with a true heart]
                        Izbranniki Dukhov [Chosen By the Spirits]

Path: Native American/Shaman/Healer/Seer
                        Healer: 1st Degree Reiki certified
                        Divination: Beginner Tarot Reader
                        Specialize in: Herbs and Crystals
                        Hobbies: Writing, Basketweaving, Beading

Comment

It's hard to say, since I have yet to see any display of empathy that was not in fact attributable to reading body language. Nobody I've ever met yet has been able to tell me what a person who's face and posture they could not see was feeling.

Comment

I know there is definately an enviromental factorto empathy: if it is nurtured or shut down. I believe many who later "learn" to be empathic are just reclaiming it. I don't know if everyone is born with empathy or not, or if someone who wasn't could later acquire it. In fact, it doesn't really make sense to me to speak of it that way. A potential perhaps could be born, but practice has to be done. Is a person born with the ability to play a musical instrument?
                            "The facts do not change, but their order is given another dimension through another myth. They are experienced differently; they gain another tale."-James Hillman

Justice is blind. A witch is not.

Comment

Upon some deep thought, I have come to the conclusion that we are all born empaths. Life simply robs some of it, while making others more keenly aware of it.

MHO is that we are created to be empathic, compassionate, loving creatures. Empathy is the gift we are given in order to acheive that. To FEEL someones emotions, or to FEEL the energy of a place or person, is a manner in which we are able to connect with others, and a manner in which we are able to protect ourselves, and others.

As one grows, lifes worries, trials, and tribulations bog down that sense. Surely, ones environment can also impact that. Whether ones parents are compassionate, empathic, etc, and nurture that in their children, or not. Parents in ignorance, will often ignore the feelings, and "flashes" that their children have, often scoff at them, etc, instead of paying attention to them, and teaching a child to trust what he or she feels. A child who is consistantly taught to ignore his or her feelings, will not believe in his or her own powers of intuition, empathy, etc. Unfortunately, this creates problems for the child, in his/her own adulthood. Parents will often decry the inability of their child to make positive decisions for themselves, will often decry what they call a "Lack of common sense", and yet, through constant ignoring, or even ridiculing the childs "Sense", they have hindered the developement of it, and perhaps in many cases, destroyed it.

I do not believe empathy to be a singular gift. I believe it to be a universal ones. Some bury it, or have it buried, but it is a universal gift.
                              Lucas Michael, you are with me still. Not a day will go by that I won't remember. Lucas Michael Demascena con. 5/15, dec. 6/29. Wait for me.

Forum Guide- History Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X