Do you like crowds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like crowds?

I am mildly empathetic, more so obviously with people I am closer to but strong emotions will rip to shreds my horribly weak shields. I have issues with trying to help everyone who is feeling down or upset and this wears me down so I absolutely adore crowds most days. Just letting down everything and having it wash over me. Is this odd or even bad for me? I never really looked to far into it I just sort of let it happen and try to keep the super angry people who are around me out, so I don't know much...

Well shielding, grounding and that sort of stuff are excellent options in this case. Another is to just stay out of areas where people will mess with you...but I'd suggest a good shield, regular grounding/cleansing, and whatever else I forgot that's in the usual prescription for this sort of thing

I think Lunacie is usually smart about this stuff

By Star And Sword,
    ~Jon~ :cheers:
    The first glimmers of Primalism came with these words, born in meditation and risen to the surface over a year's time:

I am not the silvery disc of the moon, hanging high in the sky on a calm night...I am the wolf, the hawk, the bear, the blood moon...the wild rogue!

Polarity requires that strength be balanced by love...there may not be a princess there for me, but I am learning all sides of darkness and light, all means to gnosis...

I'l let you know when I find a magic system to stick with lol. Runes look kinda fun! :D

So every time I go on vacation, a god comes out of the woodwork lol...Hekate, then Thor on my KC trip, Pakhet on my Nevada trip - and the fourth god of Primalism - SET HIMSELF - has come recently. I will be tested in Storms of Steel, and Shalt Become... :bouncybob

Comment

See I have tried shielding but if I put up more than a weak one I feel so very cut off, being confused as to the reason a person is upset and feeling it myself might suck but I prefer that to not knowing how others are feeling. I don't like feeling like I am in a bubble. Though I have a really bad habit of finding people who are in good moods and well using their happy to perk myself up. I have noticed lately that doing that is probably not a good plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Shilme View Post
        See I have tried shielding but if I put up more than a weak one I feel so very cut off, being confused as to the reason a person is upset and feeling it myself might suck but I prefer that to not knowing how others are feeling. I don't like feeling like I am in a bubble. Though I have a really bad habit of finding people who are in good moods and well using their happy to perk myself up. I have noticed lately that doing that is probably not a good plan.
        Well shielding is a weaker option, I'm told...a temporary solution. The trick is grounding and cleansing - I have a grounding that works well for me. Come to think of it, I should have used it yesterday when I was flipping out over the issue with my girlfriend...

By Star And Sword,
        ~Jon~ :boing:
        The first glimmers of Primalism came with these words, born in meditation and risen to the surface over a year's time:

I am not the silvery disc of the moon, hanging high in the sky on a calm night...I am the wolf, the hawk, the bear, the blood moon...the wild rogue!

Polarity requires that strength be balanced by love...there may not be a princess there for me, but I am learning all sides of darkness and light, all means to gnosis...

I'l let you know when I find a magic system to stick with lol. Runes look kinda fun! :D

So every time I go on vacation, a god comes out of the woodwork lol...Hekate, then Thor on my KC trip, Pakhet on my Nevada trip - and the fourth god of Primalism - SET HIMSELF - has come recently. I will be tested in Storms of Steel, and Shalt Become... :bouncybob

Comment

Originally posted by Burning Angel View Post
          Well shielding is a weaker option, I'm told...a temporary solution. The trick is grounding and cleansing - I have a grounding that works well for me. Come to think of it, I should have used it yesterday when I was flipping out over the issue with my girlfriend...

By Star And Sword,
          ~Jon~ :boing:
          Lol probably, I am terrible about remembering to ground and cleanse but thats sort of what I feel like I am doing in crowded spaces, I just fall into the turbulent ocean of varying emotions from happy to furious to sad and leave myeslf behind to become part of the sea and then when I come back I am myself again. But I'm not sure will this leave any negative energy on the others in the crowded room, I don't want to give other people my muk.

Comment

I don't like them but it depends on the crowd, how I feel about it. I've been in a couple of "marches" in DC and felt trapped in my spot.

This weekend I was in a large concert crowd in Denver but afterward it flowed so well in various directions I didn't mind at all.

I try not to think about how easily a stampede could be started!

Comment

Most crowds give me near blinding headaches after about an hour, it really depends on the energy of the crowd and how many people. Smaller groups and parties are easier and I can hold out for a few hours before I'm drained and achy.
              I like being a homebody, .
              Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it happened.
              sigpic

Comment

For the most part crowds are OK, but I've noticed that if you get a bunch of people together on a Friday night at a restaurant, they're such energy hogs!
                I felt like they were just fairly wanting to either invade or drain energy.
                Follow me on Twitter!
                The Scenic Route of Life from the Eyes of a Blind Visionary

Comment

Oh, Goddess! I hate crowds. I can't stand to be in them. Just too much activity, too much to deal with. I can't stand crowded concerts or festivals or even the mall. It gives me a headache, and later when I get home, I am completely exhausted. Even worse, there have been times when I have completely lost it in crowds. I have had awful panic attacks and had to get away as quick as possible. I don't know if this is normal or not.

I don't think I could just let go and be part of the crowd (or let its emotions be part of me). Somedays I think it might actually drive me crazy.

I also didn't know that their was a forum here for empaths. This is really great.
                  “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
                  -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Crowds are usually my worst enemy, next to myself. All the different emotions come together and rush at me. It's like feeling a piercing knife go right through me. I usually get really sick to my stomach and sometimes a headache will start up.

Since I'm a Senior in high school, I find that school's the worst, especially when we're changing classes. I've been asked many times by my teachers if I'm sick because I will come in to class, white-faced and panting even, no matter the distance.

Fortunatly, I can still enjoy concerts most of the time. I think it may have something to do with the fact that everyone's emotions are somewhat the same and meld well together with my own emotions.

Everywhere else however, my emotions have a bidding war with everyone else's.
                    Jinx's Code
                    Wailing moon I feel your pain…Please lend me strength before you wane.
                    Blood was spilt and bones were broken; bruises were made with every word spoken.
                    We've lived through the pain and we've tasted the blood. We've stood in the rain and fell in the mud.
                    We'll treat this life like a fairytale. If it hurts, we'll never tell.
                    Wailing moon I feel your pain...Please lend me strength before you wane.

Comment

I don't like them very much. I'll often keep repeating in my head "Don't touch me" as I snake my way through them. They irritate me when people just stand and block the way, then give lip to you.

As for empath wise.. I kind of dropped off the face of the earth outside of and inside of myself so I don't really pay attention to any thought or feeling that comes to mind. I used to be a bit more sensitive, but now I'm afraid to dig into my psyche and start improving my sensitivity again.

But no, I don't care for crowds.

Comment

Originally posted by Shilme View Post
                        I know your post is years old, but have you tried making a shield or ward for yourself with a permeable membrane, like a cell, letting some things in(happy feelings, knowing when your friends are sad) and keeping others out(anger, hate)? Shields don't have to be walls. Sometimes it's better to have a door or window instead, just make sure you are the only one who can control it.
                        "Bubble, bubble, toil, and trouble, the sheep in the fields, the cow in the corn."
                        "The past is like a fish. You can't change it."

Check out my shop on Etsy:
                        http://www.etsy.com/shop/HoodedCrowCrafts?ref=si_shop

Comment

like crowds? i don't even like most people. avoid at most costs - because unfortunately one must leave the house on occasion no matter how much one would rather just stay home.
                          ~ Mairwen

Comment

Nope. crowds and don't get along.

Comment

I do have issues with crowds. I get panic attacks if I feel like I'm being overwhelmed. Which is a pain in the a$$ at live music shows. My friends get pissed at me sometimes, because I won't sit/stand where it's super crowded...like close to the stage.

I'm going to a Festival soon and my BFF is already giving me grief about it. She doesn't get it.
                              It's been minutes, it's been days. It's been all that I remember. <3

Comment

Working...
                              X