No announcement yet.

Do you like crowds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

she wouldn't be my bff for long if that was the case. not worth the stress.
    ~ Mairwen

Comment

Originally posted by MammaStar View Post
      I do have issues with crowds. I get panic attacks if I feel like I'm being overwhelmed. Which is a pain in the a$$ at live music shows. My friends get pissed at me sometimes, because I won't sit/stand where it's super crowded...like close to the stage.

I'm going to a Festival soon and my BFF is already giving me grief about it. She doesn't get it.
      I'm naturally an introvert so don't do well in crowds anyway. Then have a general intolerance for pushy, loud people and it just gets worse so try to avoid it all together if I can. My wife had me do a Black Friday deal with her one year, swore I'd never do that again even though it was for our grandchildren. Interesting though about crowds given I'm retired military and had at times where I was in charge of groups up to 200 - 300 people at a time.

Might be wrong but your BFF sounds more like an acquaintance if she is that unaware of your stress in a crowded situation and doesn't get it. But like I said could be wrong

Comment

Originally posted by monsnoleedra View Post

I'm naturally an introvert so don't do well in crowds anyway. Then have a general intolerance for pushy, loud people and it just gets worse so try to avoid it all together if I can. My wife had me do a Black Friday deal with her one year, swore I'd never do that again even though it was for our grandchildren. Interesting though about crowds given I'm retired military and had at times where I was in charge of groups up to 200 - 300 people at a time.

Might be wrong but your BFF sounds more like an acquaintance if she is that unaware of your stress in a crowded situation and doesn't get it. But like I said could be wrong
        She and I have been friends since we were 12. There are just some things, even after all these years (we're almost 50), she doesn't get about me. I did well at the music festival. We had seating and while there were a lot of people around, I didn't feel closed in and it was a fun time. Except when we had to walk through a bigger crowd. My beloved, who totally gets my anxiety, grabbed my hand and led me through. He could tell I was nearing a panic attack and got me out of there as fast as he could and kept saying "we're almost there, hang on." and I felt safe. Which is always a good thing.
        It's been minutes, it's been days. It's been all that I remember. <3

Comment

Oh hell no! I panic when it's more than just me, Hubby, our son, Hubby's mom and his brothers. I have to do a LOT of calming techniques to survive a staff party for Hubby's workplace. It wasn't bad when I still smoked, but I'll be five years smoke free next month. Meditation and books anyone?
          "The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King.

"If a book has my name on it, I wrote it. Every word of it." ~Nora Roberts.

Comment

I hear you. I think "crowd" and have panic attacks.
            ~ Mairwen

Comment

Working...
            X