Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mairwen
    replied
    I hear you. I think "crowd" and have panic attacks.

Leave a comment:

• Cloaked Raven
    replied
    Oh hell no! I panic when it's more than just me, Hubby, our son, Hubby's mom and his brothers. I have to do a LOT of calming techniques to survive a staff party for Hubby's workplace. It wasn't bad when I still smoked, but I'll be five years smoke free next month. Meditation and books anyone?

Leave a comment:

• MammaStar
    replied
    Originally posted by monsnoleedra View Post

I'm naturally an introvert so don't do well in crowds anyway. Then have a general intolerance for pushy, loud people and it just gets worse so try to avoid it all together if I can. My wife had me do a Black Friday deal with her one year, swore I'd never do that again even though it was for our grandchildren. Interesting though about crowds given I'm retired military and had at times where I was in charge of groups up to 200 - 300 people at a time.

Might be wrong but your BFF sounds more like an acquaintance if she is that unaware of your stress in a crowded situation and doesn't get it. But like I said could be wrong
    She and I have been friends since we were 12. There are just some things, even after all these years (we're almost 50), she doesn't get about me. I did well at the music festival. We had seating and while there were a lot of people around, I didn't feel closed in and it was a fun time. Except when we had to walk through a bigger crowd. My beloved, who totally gets my anxiety, grabbed my hand and led me through. He could tell I was nearing a panic attack and got me out of there as fast as he could and kept saying "we're almost there, hang on." and I felt safe. Which is always a good thing.

Leave a comment:

• monsnoleedra
    replied
    Originally posted by MammaStar View Post
    I do have issues with crowds. I get panic attacks if I feel like I'm being overwhelmed. Which is a pain in the a$$ at live music shows. My friends get pissed at me sometimes, because I won't sit/stand where it's super crowded...like close to the stage.

I'm going to a Festival soon and my BFF is already giving me grief about it. She doesn't get it.
    I'm naturally an introvert so don't do well in crowds anyway. Then have a general intolerance for pushy, loud people and it just gets worse so try to avoid it all together if I can. My wife had me do a Black Friday deal with her one year, swore I'd never do that again even though it was for our grandchildren. Interesting though about crowds given I'm retired military and had at times where I was in charge of groups up to 200 - 300 people at a time.

Might be wrong but your BFF sounds more like an acquaintance if she is that unaware of your stress in a crowded situation and doesn't get it. But like I said could be wrong

Leave a comment:

• Mairwen
    replied
    she wouldn't be my bff for long if that was the case. not worth the stress.

Leave a comment:

• MammaStar
    replied
    I do have issues with crowds. I get panic attacks if I feel like I'm being overwhelmed. Which is a pain in the a$$ at live music shows. My friends get pissed at me sometimes, because I won't sit/stand where it's super crowded...like close to the stage.

I'm going to a Festival soon and my BFF is already giving me grief about it. She doesn't get it.

Leave a comment:

• Tazicat
    replied
    Nope. crowds and don't get along.

Leave a comment:

• Mairwen
    replied
    like crowds? i don't even like most people. avoid at most costs - because unfortunately one must leave the house on occasion no matter how much one would rather just stay home.

Leave a comment:

• CaeruleusLady
    replied
    Originally posted by Shilme View Post
    See I have tried shielding but if I put up more than a weak one I feel so very cut off, being confused as to the reason a person is upset and feeling it myself might suck but I prefer that to not knowing how others are feeling. I don't like feeling like I am in a bubble. Though I have a really bad habit of finding people who are in good moods and well using their happy to perk myself up. I have noticed lately that doing that is probably not a good plan.
    I know your post is years old, but have you tried making a shield or ward for yourself with a permeable membrane, like a cell, letting some things in(happy feelings, knowing when your friends are sad) and keeping others out(anger, hate)? Shields don't have to be walls. Sometimes it's better to have a door or window instead, just make sure you are the only one who can control it.

Leave a comment:

• MoonlitTigress
    replied
    I don't like them very much. I'll often keep repeating in my head "Don't touch me" as I snake my way through them. They irritate me when people just stand and block the way, then give lip to you.

As for empath wise.. I kind of dropped off the face of the earth outside of and inside of myself so I don't really pay attention to any thought or feeling that comes to mind. I used to be a bit more sensitive, but now I'm afraid to dig into my psyche and start improving my sensitivity again.

But no, I don't care for crowds.

Leave a comment:

• jinxfarfeather
    replied
    Crowds are usually my worst enemy, next to myself. All the different emotions come together and rush at me. It's like feeling a piercing knife go right through me. I usually get really sick to my stomach and sometimes a headache will start up.

Since I'm a Senior in high school, I find that school's the worst, especially when we're changing classes. I've been asked many times by my teachers if I'm sick because I will come in to class, white-faced and panting even, no matter the distance.

Fortunatly, I can still enjoy concerts most of the time. I think it may have something to do with the fact that everyone's emotions are somewhat the same and meld well together with my own emotions.

Everywhere else however, my emotions have a bidding war with everyone else's.

Leave a comment:

• Sera Kenina
    replied
    Oh, Goddess! I hate crowds. I can't stand to be in them. Just too much activity, too much to deal with. I can't stand crowded concerts or festivals or even the mall. It gives me a headache, and later when I get home, I am completely exhausted. Even worse, there have been times when I have completely lost it in crowds. I have had awful panic attacks and had to get away as quick as possible. I don't know if this is normal or not.

I don't think I could just let go and be part of the crowd (or let its emotions be part of me). Somedays I think it might actually drive me crazy.

I also didn't know that their was a forum here for empaths. This is really great.

Leave a comment:

• gracesong
    replied
    For the most part crowds are OK, but I've noticed that if you get a bunch of people together on a Friday night at a restaurant, they're such energy hogs!
    I felt like they were just fairly wanting to either invade or drain energy.

Leave a comment:

• MerrisHawk
    replied
    Most crowds give me near blinding headaches after about an hour, it really depends on the energy of the crowd and how many people. Smaller groups and parties are easier and I can hold out for a few hours before I'm drained and achy.
    I like being a homebody, .

Leave a comment:

• Cunae
    replied
    I don't like them but it depends on the crowd, how I feel about it. I've been in a couple of "marches" in DC and felt trapped in my spot.

This weekend I was in a large concert crowd in Denver but afterward it flowed so well in various directions I didn't mind at all.

I try not to think about how easily a stampede could be started!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X