Bray Road Beast-the other white meat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bray Road Beast-the other white meat

In Wisconsin, near Elkhorn, there is a legendary creature called the Bray Road Beast. It's being called a werewolf and apparently it's been spotted pretty often in the past.

A friend of mine and myself are going to Elkhorn in a couple weeks to drive up and down the road where it's been seen a few times with a video camera because really, what else is there to do in Wisconsin this time of year?

Has anybody heard anything about it or seen it in real life? What could it be?
    "Guessing...guessing...I guess there's no one around."

Don't Fall in Love with Everyone you See.

Amantes sunt Amentes -- Lovers are Lunatics.

We are unusual and tragic and alive.

I have heard of it. They made a movie about it. I don't know what it is, personally. Could be anything.
    Tweet THIS.

sigpic

Comment

I am in WI. I have gone down the road a few times. I have never seen it. It is a favorite ledgend of mine. The fact that the Humane Officer has a file labled "werewolf" is hilarious. There are several credible witnesses over the years. Who knows? I like to believe it is out there.
      Health&Beauty & Sports Forum Guide

Comment

Beast Link

Sorry about the source, but someone is taking it seriously!

What about this thing? Chupacabra < mournful howling in background>
        Last edited by Cunae; October 12th, 2009, 06:11 PM.

Comment

I'm also in southern WI, and I have heard of it. I actually saw some show that had a segment about it - maybe on the history channel or something.

My friend's Mom grew up in that area, and supposedly she was an eye witness. I completely believe that she saw something out of the ordinary that scared her to death because she refuses to talk about it. Apparently the last time she gave a full account of her encounter was when she gave the report to law enforcement back when she saw it.

I've been in that area in the daylight - especially in the kettle moraine area, where I believe the majority of sightings have been. Even before I knew about the sightings that area always gave me a creepy feeling. I had to help a rescue look for a lost dog in that area, and I couldn't get out of there fast enough!

Comment

Oh I just got done watching some history channel thing that mentioned it...I'd go too...except I'm chicken$hit...
            "We are such stuff as dreams are made on. . . "
            The Tempest-IV

"I believe in the fundamental truth of all great religions of the world. I believe that they are all God-given and I believe that they were necessary for the people to whom these religions were revealed. And I believe that if only we could all of us read the scriptures of the different faiths from the standpoints of the followers of these faiths, we should find that they were at bottom all one and were all helpful to one another. "
            Mahatma Gandhi

"...for I believe that which is sacred does not care by which name it is called."
            Gwynneve

“Stand at the crossroads and look
            Ask for the ancient paths
            Ask where the good way is
            And walk in it."
            Jeremiah 6:16

"What makes a religion false? If any religion is right, then maybe they all have to be right. Maybe God doesn't care how you say your prayers, just as long as you say them."
            Jeffrey Sinclair

:banallama:

Comment

Let us know if you see anything!!!
              "We are such stuff as dreams are made on. . . "
              The Tempest-IV

"I believe in the fundamental truth of all great religions of the world. I believe that they are all God-given and I believe that they were necessary for the people to whom these religions were revealed. And I believe that if only we could all of us read the scriptures of the different faiths from the standpoints of the followers of these faiths, we should find that they were at bottom all one and were all helpful to one another. "
              Mahatma Gandhi

"...for I believe that which is sacred does not care by which name it is called."
              Gwynneve

“Stand at the crossroads and look
              Ask for the ancient paths
              Ask where the good way is
              And walk in it."
              Jeremiah 6:16

"What makes a religion false? If any religion is right, then maybe they all have to be right. Maybe God doesn't care how you say your prayers, just as long as you say them."
              Jeffrey Sinclair

:banallama:

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Morrigan View Post
                Oh I just got done watching some history channel thing that mentioned it...I'd go too...except I'm chicken$hit...
                Ummm.... me too! I don't want to be the person to discover that it's real... as in, real enough to remove any of my vital body parts!

Comment

Living in Williams Bay, I travel through Elkhorn all the time. And also through Delavan, which is proported to be another place that the Beast has been spotted.

Haven't seen it yet, but I am always hopeful! I'd like to think that someday I might catch a glimpse.

I have met someone who saw it years ago. But then he was a tiny bit crazy.

Comment

We did it!
                    I looked at all the links posted, we bought a crappy video recorder and we went to Bray Rooooad!
                    It was AMAZING and we saw absolutely NOTHING! You know when you're scared, but you don't like to admit so you just giggle a lot and screech and scream every ten seconds...that was pretty much the entire trip :D
                    it was really fun though. We taped pretty much the whole time and all you can hear, except for when we actually were on the road where it had been sighted, is us giggling. We were so paranoid that we kept ''seeing" stuff and I almost had a stroke every few seconds but it was blast anyways. We're going again in the spring. I got hungry after the drive and we stopped at a restaurant and the waitress told us that her mom had seen the Beast and that she refused to leave her outside after dark so some of the people near the area really do believe in the the Beast. It was fun and probably wasn't much more than a really twisted girls night out but we're definately going again.
                    Maybe there should be a massive Wisconsin mystic wicks get together! That would be rather exciting.
                    "Guessing...guessing...I guess there's no one around."

Don't Fall in Love with Everyone you See.

Amantes sunt Amentes -- Lovers are Lunatics.

We are unusual and tragic and alive.

Comment

Oooooooh - I would totally go!

Comment

Originally posted by Heather2011 View Post
                        Maybe there should be a massive Wisconsin mystic wicks get together! That would be rather exciting.
                        There'd be enough food there to keep the beast going for awhile anyway!

Comment

Working...
                        X