Skin walkers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tiberias View Post
    I don't know that there's anything to be said for differences in activity levels according to seasons. It's just that around here, most stories, and certainly stories of this import and nature, are not discussed in the darker months.
    I think it's more of a cultural thing than them being more active at this time. Certain stories weren't told at dusk as well because staoَ would be attracted to the are (note: I have absolutely no idea what you would call staَo in English. I've seen it variously translated as "ghost," "demon," "spirit of the wicked," "malevolent entity" or similar and while all these are technically right, they're not really it. I just think there's no word in the English language for staoَ).

Most tribes have cycle stories as well. There are some stories and things that shouldn't be spoken of/about during certain seasons. My nana often told us that she wouldn't tell stories to us in the daytime because we'd "go blind." I took that literally until I was about eight and realized that there's just so much going on in the daytime, that as a child (and even an adult sometimes), it's hard to pay attention fully.
    Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu meryt Sekhmet-Hethert
    "Ki'sommkiistomisam waamisookiiksisapoo, noohkohka'pssi kiistinoonnitsitapii"
    "Ba ar pet sat ar ta"
    Spiritual blog:
    Dividing by Zero: Hanging out with God(desse)s

Comment

Originally posted by EntwinedScylla View Post
      That "something else" is the title of this thread. There is no neopagan or weekend shaman term for what they are. They are what they are, murderers, sociopaths, and workers of malefic witchcraft who've become less person, and more monster.

Monsters are what dwell in our unconscious mind, driving us to do malevolent things. "Monster" is what makes a person molest a child, or murder family - the selfsame requirements for embarking on the "mocker" path.

Distance, care, and graceful handling of the information does not equate "fear" in the usual sense. This is like handling a tiger... you may live perfectly fine with a tiger for twenty years, and one day it rips your throat out. Careful handling goes a long way to keeping your throat.

No. This is not only a -craft-, but a psychospiritual disorder cultivated to enable that path. If you medicate it the "craft" still poisons. If you bind, the psychosis still acts. They aren't spirit-beings, they are physically human, possessed of an utterly warped core of power.

As one of the locals said "You see one and you put one in it's head, but then all his friends are gonna come settle that score, and it starts to look pretty bad for you when the bodies stack up".

You can't have done much research for that aspect to be lost on you. In order to become a "mocker" a "candidate" must kill another human being, usually close family.

So, as long as you're tethered by sanity while bare-handed strangling your sibling or child to death for the purposes of acquiring malevolent powers, you're gravy? Wrong. Killing is killing, and they kill to get where they are.

Because not everyone intentionally or unintentionally COURTS corruption. The "mocker" asks for, invites, and feeds corruption within them-self until there is nothing left BUT corruption.

Life, the occult, and the spirit-world are not fricken games. If you tangle with them, THEY will kill you. If you join them YOU must kill to do so. If you attempt to leave they will insure you don't make it out alive.
      Well put! I should just quit talking and wait for you to come around. You say what I try to say, only you say it. And more eloquently lol
      Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu meryt Sekhmet-Hethert
      "Ki'sommkiistomisam waamisookiiksisapoo, noohkohka'pssi kiistinoonnitsitapii"
      "Ba ar pet sat ar ta"
      Spiritual blog:
      Dividing by Zero: Hanging out with God(desse)s

Comment

Originally posted by EntwinedScylla View Post
        Re: Entheogens (psychotropic plants) as a vehicle for the "mocker" as a phenomenon - I'd strongly suggest that Datura spp. would be a likely candidate.
        This sounds very highly familiar. That might be the one that was mentioned as a possibility. Wish I could find that [email protected] book....I want to say the title had something to do with thunder but I could be mistaken and mixing it up with another book on Native Americans. Blah!
        Amo la mia vita!
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X