Giant Fly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giant Fly?

Like over 6 inches long? It landed on me when I was at my cousin's house when I was little. Anyone know of such a thing?

No, but EWWW!
    "I'm a foodaholic and I'm on the road to recovery."
    "You can't really love anyone who never makes you laugh."

Daughter of Yinepu-Wepwawet. Beloved of Satet and Amun-Ra

I offer reasonable priced readings, please take a look here AND on Facebook

Comment

I saw one of these the other day! I didn't know flies could get that big!
      His:

Mine:

Comment

It's possible that it was a large locust that you mistook for a large fly. On the other hand, there are flies in Florida, Tabanus americanus, that measure 34 mm long (4 in.).

Who knows? What with all of the crazy environmental things going on, perhaps it decided to fly its' way up north. *shrugs*

Comment

We get them in Ontario in the heat of summer, especially at the barn. They do bite (nasty things) and go after horses and livestock. I've seen them about 3 inches or so long. They aren't really strange, just big, nasty, biting flies (they take chunks out of cow flesh - cringe).
          "Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."
          — Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway

Comment

At first I thought horse fly. We get so many around here, and one flew into the window at work. I was freaking out and the boss just laughed >_<
            "If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Remember your spirituality" - Ganesha to a friend in a dream, 2008

Comment

Working...
            X