Real Vampires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Vampires?

Can someone explain to me what REAL vampires are.....
    I heard of energy vampires, which I do believe in, but are there any other kinds???? And what are they/what do the do? Help?

Originally posted by xxUnderTheFullMoonxx View Post
    Can someone explain to me what REAL vampires are.....
    I heard of energy vampires, which I do believe in, but are there any other kinds???? And what are they/what do the do? Help?
    There are other threads elsewhere that cover this but I won't take the time to bother looking. Short answer is they don't exist, long answer is there are several types that do exist.

There are people who believe in psyvamps, people who have the ability to either use or drain other peoples energies and emotions. This can be used in several ways. For example I have a co worker who is constantly complaining about his family, health, finances, ect. When he walks in the room peoples attitudes instantly change. One could describe him as a psyvamp because his presence changes the "energy level"...at the same time my emotions are regularly based on the emotions of people around me, some say I am a psyvamp. There are yet others that believe they actively feed off of the energies of others, they call themselves psyvamps.

There are also sanguines, people who drink blood for various reasons. Some do it for intimacy, others for pleasure, some because they believe it adds to their strength or vitality.

With that in mind, vampires from classic or modern myth/lore do not exist, Twilight vamps, Anne Rice vamps, Bram Stoker vamps, they do not exist. With that in mind the most dangerous and idiotic are Vampire the Masquerade vamps...these are people who get so caught up in a game they believe they have become their character...they are to be mocked and shunned.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. H.L. Mencken

Comment

Solid answer there Memnoch, that about sums it up.

Comment

memnoch has given you the answer

to bad tho, I really want that Edward kid
        This will be a good signature one day

Comment

There is a disease called porfyria, that makes the skin scar and change in UV-light, and it drains the blood in the body of its iron. One of the cures in the old times were to drink human blood on a regular basis.
          Wounded I hung on a wind-swept gallows
          For nine long nights,
          Pierced by a spear, pledged to Odhinn,
          Offered, myself to myself
          The wisest know not from whence spring
          The roots of that ancient rood

They gave me no bread,
          They gave me no mead,
          I looked down;
          with a loud cry
          I took up runes;
          from that tree I fell

-Hلvamلl

Comment

Originally posted by Moon_reaper View Post
            There is a disease called porfyria, that makes the skin scar and change in UV-light, and it drains the blood in the body of its iron. One of the cures in the old times were to drink human blood on a regular basis.

Nice answer, the truth in fiction - porphyria ,
            Last edited by Umbress; January 16th, 2011, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X