Cryptozoology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cryptozoology

Any one else here have an interest in this?

When I was a kid this topic ranked right up there with mythology, ancient civilizations, and horses for me!

Here in Florida we have a rich tradition of Chupacabra and the Everglades Skunk Ape (a cousin of Bigfoot)

I do. In fact I am currently reading an encyclopedia of cryptozoology. :flowers:
    “If you are going through hell, keep going." ~ Winston Churchill

"If someone gets into your house, which would you rather have, a handgun or a telephone? You can call the police if you want, and they'll get there, and they'll take a picture of your dead body. But they can't get there in time to save your life. The first line of defense is you." ~ Tom Palmer

"It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights – the "right" to education, the "right" to health care, the "right" to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery – hay and a barn for human cattle." ~ Alexis De Tocquiville

Comment

Originally posted by Loopaleigh
      in Florida we have a rich tradition of Chupacabra and the Everglades Skunk Ape (a cousin of Bigfoot)
      I too have a interest in Cryptozoology.
      We too have the legand of the Chupacabra here in TX. I've heard of the Skunk Ape also, we have a similar creature called "The Lake Worth Monster". Lake Worth is just out side of Ft. Worth and the reature has been described as half man half goat (AKA The Goatman). Granbury Lake is suppose to have a creature living in it similar to Loc Ness. Granbury is well known here in TX for the dinosaur foot prints and national park.

Please visit our store, it will make our puppies happy: www.paisleydays.com

Comment

Originally posted by wounded_crow
        I too have a interest in Cryptozoology.
        We too have the legand of the Chupacabra here in TX. I've heard of the Skunk Ape also, we have a similar creature called "The Lake Worth Monster". Lake Worth is just out side of Ft. Worth and the reature has been described as half man half goat (AKA The Goatman). Granbury Lake is suppose to have a creature living in it similar to Loc Ness. Granbury is well known here in TX for the dinosaur foot prints and national park.
        Perhaps that monster is just the Greek god Pan?

My favorite cryptozoological monster is Mothman, which seems not to be an animal at all but rather some supernatural creature. Supernatural creatures are cool...

"If someone gets into your house, which would you rather have, a handgun or a telephone? You can call the police if you want, and they'll get there, and they'll take a picture of your dead body. But they can't get there in time to save your life. The first line of defense is you." ~ Tom Palmer

"It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights – the "right" to education, the "right" to health care, the "right" to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery – hay and a barn for human cattle." ~ Alexis De Tocquiville

Comment

I have a great interest in cryptozoology. My favorite volume in my library is an old copy on the unabridged version of Bernard Heuvelmann's landmark work on the subject, On the Track of Unknown Animals.

Thanks to Faeawyn, WynnJera, Earthy and Mothwench for the beautiful banners and VB for my avatar!
          MerryMoot: My Gallery of Magick Realist Paintings
          Disciple of Jodarius, and Keeper of the Original Rod of Thwacking (a rather beat-up looking stick with a leather handle, but it's mine!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Laisrean
            My favorite cryptozoological monster is Mothman, which seems not to be an animal at all but rather some supernatural creature. Supernatural creatures are cool...
            I'm down with the Mothman. Some people think it was a bird, most likely a Sandhill Crane.
            Some believe the mothman was the result of the 200 year curse Chief Cornstalk's put on the town. Most of the people who believed the mothman events actually took place think that it was an alien but no one really knows for sure. It was only around from November 12, 1966 to December 15, 1967.

All we know about it is it had big red eyes, made screeching noises, interfered with radio and television waves, chased cars, had dark colored skin, ate dogs, had a wingspan of over ten feet, was able to fly at high speeds, and that it had the figure of a tall man- somewhere around 6-7 feet.

Please visit our store, it will make our puppies happy: www.paisleydays.com

Comment

i'm interested in it... but there are so many other things... i just don't have much time to really look into it. so, i'm interested, but ignorant. lmao.

Comment

oh man, we must've been separated at birth those were my childhood obsessions as well, plus starwars and superstitions. ooh and dinosaurs too.
                [CENTER]
                thank you to Faeawyn for the banner, it is of prettyness :drool: :spinner: and thanks to Aurora for the Councellors banner also thanks to Pandoras and thanks to skysilver for rotating them.

My MW Gallery My Art My LiveJournal http://www.ruzakart.com

Comment

i'm interested in cryptozoology, but haven't had much time to actually learn much about it..

Comment

I haven't read anything about it in years, but everytime there is a t.v. program on about it I get transfixed.....even if I have already seen the show 5 times!
                    Something about the thought of their being animals out there yet to be discovered ( or re-discovered) Mysteries waiting to be reveiled.
                    I recently picked up a book called cryptozoology A to Z. Not what you would call "in depth", but still very interesting. I think I'll start it soon.

And Keroberos....we were born in different years....but only 4 days apart.....hmmm.

Comment

I've seen this one program repeatedly that describes a woman's investigation of a Louisiana bayou version of Bigfoot... but I have a hard time taking it seriously because it's called the Booger monster. In most places, that would be something else entirely!

Thanks to Faeawyn, WynnJera, Earthy and Mothwench for the beautiful banners and VB for my avatar!
                      MerryMoot: My Gallery of Magick Realist Paintings
                      Disciple of Jodarius, and Keeper of the Original Rod of Thwacking (a rather beat-up looking stick with a leather handle, but it's mine!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by Boogins
                        I've seen this one program repeatedly that describes a woman's investigation of a Louisiana bayou version of Bigfoot... but I have a hard time taking it seriously because it's called the Booger monster. In most places, that would be something else entirely!

Hey, isn't your username kinda like that.

Comment

Funny, when driving to the Florida Panhandle to visit family, we got to S. Alabama around 2 to 3 a.m. or so. Gosh it was desolate. In the daytime it is GORGEOUS country, let me tell you. In the night, driving through, I told hubby to be careful because we were in "Yeti" country. I really kept waiting for a Yeti to jump out of the woods. Then I got back home and looked it up and found the legend of the skunk ape. Hmmmmm....

Also, I live north of the Mothman area here in Ohio. My hubby and daughter (I was not with them) came home at night to find something large on our roof. Hubby and daughter both saw it. He describes it as a large cat or small toddler child with HUGE wings. He got out of the car with the head lights on for a better look, and he said it "ran" down the roof to toward the back of the house, and when it finally flew, there was no sound. He went to the back of the house quickly and said it all but disappeared. No sound of it. No sight of it. Could have been an owl I guess, but he said it had more like bat wings. A gargoyle? The Mothman? Or just an owl or turkey vulture? Hmmmmmm....

Also, what about the stories of the "big lizards" in jungle tribes in Africa and the Amazon, ever here of those?

This board is fascinating!
                          ~*SnowyMoon*~

Banner created by SkySilver

"Before I knew it I was laughing freely, standing there, snowflakes coating my hair and brushing my face, as I stood still staring at the sky." ~ Melissa Ray Davis

Mooncup Evangelist.

Comment

Sounds like your husband and daughter encountered a baby mothman. Or is that, mothkid?

Comment

I love this stuff! I try to catch the shows they sometimes have on History and Discovery channel.
                              Wulfemoon Studios

Even more of my artwork over at deviantart.

Comment

Working...
                              X