Cryptozoology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Laisrean
    Hey, isn't your username kinda like that.
    We're coming up on Samhain, so...

Boo!!! :smileroll

Thanks to Faeawyn, WynnJera, Earthy and Mothwench for the beautiful banners and VB for my avatar!
    MerryMoot: My Gallery of Magick Realist Paintings
    Disciple of Jodarius, and Keeper of the Original Rod of Thwacking (a rather beat-up looking stick with a leather handle, but it's mine!!!)

Comment

I am a believer in the Loch Ness monster as being a herd of plesiosaurs. Ogopogo of Lake Okanagan in BC, Canada is a zeugloden (sp?) whale. And the Native Americans in the Pacific Northwest have long known about Bigfoot.

I have a Nessie sitting on my monitor right now.
      Eryck - wolf in wolf's clothing.
      "If you understand, or of you don't,
      If you believe, or if you doubt,
      There is a Universal Justice,
      And The Eyes of Truth, are always watching you".

Comment

My favorite is Mokelemembe, the african dinosaur in the jungle, I think it's a diplodocus or something, but the name is awesome, I might have spelled it wrong it's pronounced (Mo-kell-a-mem-bay). That one was alway my favorite. Though I'll admit nobody doesn't love nessie.
        [CENTER]
        thank you to Faeawyn for the banner, it is of prettyness :drool: :spinner: and thanks to Aurora for the Councellors banner also thanks to Pandoras and thanks to skysilver for rotating them.

My MW Gallery My Art My LiveJournal http://www.ruzakart.com

Comment

In SC we have the Lizardman....I'll find the link....

http://www.weirdnj.com/__weirdus_sto...lizardman.html
          Last edited by Old Witch; November 21st, 2004, 05:57 PM.

Thank You, CloakofStars9 and WynnJera for the beautiful banners!

Get off your butt....Rescue a mutt!!
          It's time to scat...Save a cat!!
          Visit Your Local Pound or Rescue!

Comment

Originally posted by Boogins
            I've seen this one program repeatedly that describes a woman's investigation of a Louisiana bayou version of Bigfoot... but I have a hard time taking it seriously because it's called the Booger monster. In most places, that would be something else entirely!
            Would you know where this was in Louisiana? We have the Honey Island Swamp Monster, which is the southeastern part of the state that butts up against southwest Mississippi, but as far as I'm concerned the Honey Island Swamp Monster is a hoax.

Incidentally, "booger" is a common southern term for things that go bump in the night.
            "I would rather make the gravest of mistakes than surrender my own judgement." -- Cora Munroe in Last of the Mohicans

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -- Conan the Barbarian in "Tower of the Elephant" by Robert E. Howard

"Moral outrage has little effect on a cat." -- Garrison Keillor

"There aren't many problems than can't be fixed
            with $700 and a .30-06." -- Jeff Cooper. Or maybe it was his daughter Lindy. I can't remember.

Comment

http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.d...=2004411130309

Here's an article of a recent sighting of the Florida Swamp Ape. The woman who reported the sighting admits she didn't do a good job with the drawing of what she seen, and I agree because the creature in the drawing looks like it was just caught naked in the shower.... :hehehehe:
              “If you are going through hell, keep going." ~ Winston Churchill

"If someone gets into your house, which would you rather have, a handgun or a telephone? You can call the police if you want, and they'll get there, and they'll take a picture of your dead body. But they can't get there in time to save your life. The first line of defense is you." ~ Tom Palmer

"It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights – the "right" to education, the "right" to health care, the "right" to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery – hay and a barn for human cattle." ~ Alexis De Tocquiville

Comment

Working...
              X