No announcement yet.

Cryptids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My theory is that these exist but in other planes and sometimes depending on the time of year or just your natural ability you step between worlds for a minute and are able to see them.
    If I really could ride a broomstick, then I wouldnt get stuck in traffic!!

Happy Mabon.. Fall is here!

Comment

Chupacabras are pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by FaerieGothMommy View Post
        Great poll!

I voted for Loch Ness monster, just because theres so many reportings and even photos, and i've always found it interesting to read about.
        But i also think Mothman is extremley interesting, i'd like to learn more about the mothman.
        Mothman is a rogue spirit of someone's cartoon character who has gone spare and roams about the time-space continuum frightening the hell out of people. Given that he looks more like a "super-owl" I suspect he is the product of some feverish imagination in recent years than an ancient deity.

Most of the others are possibly homesick spirits who passed over years ago or even millennia ago and never reincarnated; Nessie certainly is as she couldn't have existed so long without there having been a breeding colony and obvious evidence of her existence apart from a few sightings of her shadowy form in the depths of photographs. I have never been into wandering about looking for clues on the shores of Loch Ness, they would assume I'm up to something else BUT I know people who do investigate things like UFOs and so on once they switch on and find out what they really are.
        BROWNED OFF WITH BROKEN BRITAIN? Email me, Michael Howard MP, on [email protected]

"People don't want a date with destiny, they just want a date with a dentist. So open wide, Volpone, and stop screaming!" - Dentling Nick, yesterday

"He took the bells from many clocks /And hung them from a branch
        "When he struck up with feet and hands / It made our laddies dance"

--The Ballad of Neddy Dick, by Mr Fox

"He took the balls from many clerks / And hung them from a branch
        "When he struck us with feet and hands / It made Volpone dance"

--The Ballad of Dentling Nick, by Mr Owl

"I told him that I'd seen a house /In the middle of a wood
        "And anyone that went in there / Could never come to good"
        --
        Mr Fox, by Mr Fox

"I told him that I had a house / In the middle of a wood
        "And if he ever came inside / I'd Az him right and good."
        --
        Mr Owl, by Mr Owl

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HedwigHarfang View Post
          Mothman is a rogue spirit of someone's cartoon character who has gone spare and roams about the time-space continuum frightening the hell out of people. Given that he looks more like a "super-owl" I suspect he is the product of some feverish imagination in recent years than an ancient deity.
          Is that him in your avatar? :weirdsmil
          “If you are going through hell, keep going." ~ Winston Churchill

"If someone gets into your house, which would you rather have, a handgun or a telephone? You can call the police if you want, and they'll get there, and they'll take a picture of your dead body. But they can't get there in time to save your life. The first line of defense is you." ~ Tom Palmer

"It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights – the "right" to education, the "right" to health care, the "right" to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery – hay and a barn for human cattle." ~ Alexis De Tocquiville

Comment

i chose 'other' since i find all of them fascinating. i've always been interested in cryptozoology and have often wondered what it would be like to study and try to prove/disprove the existance of cryptids and figure out what animals mythological creatures came from.
            "The lover of nature is he whose inward and outward senses are truly adjusted to each other, who has retained the spirit of infancy even into the era of manhood."
            Ralph Waldo Emerson
            'Nature'

"Nature is not constrained by our lack of imagination."
            'Dragons; fantasy made real' on Animal Planet

Comment

Nessie has always fascinated me...I'd love to go to Scottland sometime to watch for her...
              "We are such stuff as dreams are made on. . . "
              The Tempest-IV

"I believe in the fundamental truth of all great religions of the world. I believe that they are all God-given and I believe that they were necessary for the people to whom these religions were revealed. And I believe that if only we could all of us read the scriptures of the different faiths from the standpoints of the followers of these faiths, we should find that they were at bottom all one and were all helpful to one another. "
              Mahatma Gandhi

"...for I believe that which is sacred does not care by which name it is called."
              Gwynneve

“Stand at the crossroads and look
              Ask for the ancient paths
              Ask where the good way is
              And walk in it."
              Jeremiah 6:16

"What makes a religion false? If any religion is right, then maybe they all have to be right. Maybe God doesn't care how you say your prayers, just as long as you say them."
              Jeffrey Sinclair

:banallama:

Comment

My favorite has to be the Thylacine, because it's the only one that has a pretty legitimate chance of being found. We know that they existed in the past, and there's a chance that they exist to this day but are hard to find.

Even revered biologists and scientists have accepted the slim chance of there being a small group of them left in Tasmania. There are sightings all the time, of them.

I love tazzie tigers.
                Yes we can to justice and equality. Yes we can to opportunity and prosperity. Yes we can heal this nation. Yes we can repair this world. Yes we can.

hell's fire, mother night and may the darkness be merciful.

[thanks to Anam for the banner!]
                we need some reception, a higher message, just tell us what to fear

cause I don't know what tomorrow brings, it's alive with such possibility,
                all I know is I feel better when I sing... burdens are lifted from me...
                that's my voice rising.

Comment

I voted other because I couldn't choose just one. My first one was Nessie but after I started learning about all the others then it just grew and I couldn't pick after that.
                  "A true warrior is an angel who walks among the mortals with burned wings."

Now avaliable for Mentoring, please PM me :smileroll

:uhhuhuh: :hahugh:*Clicky my new egg* :hahugh: :uhhuhuh:

~*Draconian Wicca Teacher*~

Comment

I voted Nessie because it's the closes to where I live, only several hundred miles, and I like pleisiosaurs!

Comment

Nessie and the thunderbird!
                      "If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Remember your spirituality" - Ganesha to a friend in a dream, 2008

Comment

Originally posted by Laisrean View Post
                        I think my favorite one is Mothman because it seems to be a supernatural creature.
                        All the weird stuff is interrelated, cryptids, UFOs, ghosts etc. For example, while Bigfoot is usually assumed to be an ordinary (albeit rare) animal, it's been reported a number of times with aliens, sometimes as research material along with humans, and sometimes being used apparently as slave labor. In addition, if Bigfoot and the Yeti are related, then another member of the family would be the Wild Man of the Wood AKA the Green Man of Celtic and Medieval art.

Aliens and elves are nearly interchangeable. Reports of one are easily mistaken for the other. The famous Night Under the Hill story (exemplified by the tale of Rip Van Winkle) is common to many cultures. An overnight stay in the Faerie lands that lasts a hundred years, is exactly what you'd expect to happen in a UFO traveling at time-dilating relativistic speeds. As for old Rip, himself, the Washington Irving story claimed that the little men weren't aliens or elves, but ghosts. Specifically, the spirits of Henry Hudson's crew.

Comment

I voted Yeti. This is not only because I'm fascinated by large mysterious beasts unknown to science, but also because of the fun I've had on computer games. In "Quake" for instance, there was a Yeti type monster on there. There are also similar creatures in the game "Rune".
                          :boing:The only thing that sucks around here is a straw.:boing:

Comment

NESSIE! I would give my right arm to see Nessie. Preferably not literally - i wouldn't want Nessie to actually rip off my right arm.

~ Blog: Kitten of Discord ~ Twitter: @DiscordianKitty ~

"Demons have existed [...] for at least as long as the gods, who in many ways they closely resemble.
                            The difference is basically the same as that between terrorists and freedom fighters." Terry Pratchett, Eric

Respect is earned. So is disrespect.

Comment

Chupacabra has my vote! Goat sucker FTW!

And why no Mothman?!? I went to school just across the river from Point Pleasant WV, Mothman has a statue downtown! How many other creatures can claim that?!?!

(Well actually most of them, but that's not the point!) :bigblue:
                              sigpic

Hail Ptah! The craftsman who, like myself, sculpts worlds with his words.
                              Look me up on the HON forum: Follower_of_Ptah
                              Accepting tarot reading requests. Send PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X