Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evidence of 'jungle yeti' found

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/3734946.stm

I'd like to see DNA testing done on the hairs.
    “If you are going through hell, keep going." ~ Winston Churchill

"If someone gets into your house, which would you rather have, a handgun or a telephone? You can call the police if you want, and they'll get there, and they'll take a picture of your dead body. But they can't get there in time to save your life. The first line of defense is you." ~ Tom Palmer

"It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights – the "right" to education, the "right" to health care, the "right" to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery – hay and a barn for human cattle." ~ Alexis De Tocquiville

Hair analysis has its drawbacks. For one thing, I *think* they need the follicle to do DNA testing, but I could be wrong about that. Still, analysis of the hair itself might tell you what it isn't but it won't tell you what it is. Also, hairs from different parts of the same animal can be quite different. Belly hairs can be different from back hairs, etc. Unfortunately, the only thing that would convince the scientific community of yeti/bigfoot is a body.
    "I would rather make the gravest of mistakes than surrender my own judgement." -- Cora Munroe in Last of the Mohicans

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -- Conan the Barbarian in "Tower of the Elephant" by Robert E. Howard

"Moral outrage has little effect on a cat." -- Garrison Keillor

"There aren't many problems than can't be fixed
    with $700 and a .30-06." -- Jeff Cooper. Or maybe it was his daughter Lindy. I can't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Valnorran
      Hair analysis has its drawbacks. For one thing, I *think* they need the follicle to do DNA testing, but I could be wrong about that. Still, analysis of the hair itself might tell you what it isn't but it won't tell you what it is. Also, hairs from different parts of the same animal can be quite different. Belly hairs can be different from back hairs, etc. Unfortunately, the only thing that would convince the scientific community of yeti/bigfoot is a body.

They just recently discovered some new type of chimp/gorilla. So it shows it is definitely possible there could be large apes out there undiscovered. We are talking about highly intelligent creatures who are smart enough to remain hidden.
      “If you are going through hell, keep going." ~ Winston Churchill

"If someone gets into your house, which would you rather have, a handgun or a telephone? You can call the police if you want, and they'll get there, and they'll take a picture of your dead body. But they can't get there in time to save your life. The first line of defense is you." ~ Tom Palmer

"It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights – the "right" to education, the "right" to health care, the "right" to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery – hay and a barn for human cattle." ~ Alexis De Tocquiville

Comment

Originally posted by Laisrean
        They just recently discovered some new type of chimp/gorilla. So it shows it is definitely possible there could be large apes out there undiscovered. We are talking about highly intelligent creatures who are smart enough to remain hidden.
        Absolutely. There has been some analysis on footprint casts taken in North America by a fingerprint expert named Jimmy Chilicutt. He set out to de-bunk the whole bigfoot thing. He ended up convincing himself they're real. I read a proverb somewhere, Japanese or Tibetan, I'm not sure, that said, "What is the wisest animal? The one no man has seen."
        "I would rather make the gravest of mistakes than surrender my own judgement." -- Cora Munroe in Last of the Mohicans

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -- Conan the Barbarian in "Tower of the Elephant" by Robert E. Howard

"Moral outrage has little effect on a cat." -- Garrison Keillor

"There aren't many problems than can't be fixed
        with $700 and a .30-06." -- Jeff Cooper. Or maybe it was his daughter Lindy. I can't remember.

Comment

Working...
        X