Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underwater Nessie Pictures

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/mega...rt%20Rines.htm

These pictures taken in the 70's are probably the best evidence of Nessie to date, particularly the photo of the flipper. There have also been sonar images which show something large definitely is in the Loch, but what it is none can say.
    “If you are going through hell, keep going." ~ Winston Churchill

"If someone gets into your house, which would you rather have, a handgun or a telephone? You can call the police if you want, and they'll get there, and they'll take a picture of your dead body. But they can't get there in time to save your life. The first line of defense is you." ~ Tom Palmer

"It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights – the "right" to education, the "right" to health care, the "right" to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery – hay and a barn for human cattle." ~ Alexis De Tocquiville

Here in Vermont we have the Lake Champlain monster, Champ!
    Eowyn - "The women of this country learned long ago, those without swords can still die upon them. I fear neither death nor pain."

Comment

cool enteresting pics
      Tsalagi Nvwoti Didahnvwesgi Ale Didahnesesgi
      (Cherokee medicine practitioner of left and right hand paths)
      anikutani.stfu-kthx.net - The Anikutani Tradition

Comment

Cryptozoology is sooooo cool! Wow, there is definatly something big in that lake!

Dove

New to Wicca? Start Here!

"I sometimes find the excessive amount of "fluff-bunny" paganism on the 'net to be annoying, but the 'stinking-badgers" on the other end of the spectrum are just as unrepresentative." -I. Bonewits

MoringDove's Web Sitel Morning Dove's Live Journal My Pagan Quizes

:hearthearHave a Blessed Day!:hearthear

Comment

Ah...I know those these photos well....
          -RockHound-

Comment

For the most part, I think I'm only seeing what I want to see in those pics. Several of them really look like nothing

"The Triple Goddess as Maiden, Mother and Crone, is a relatively new concept which was made popular during the 20th century. Hekate is today most often equated to the Crone aspect of this triplicate archetypal image, but this idea of Hekate as Crone Goddess is one which would have been completely alien to the people of ancient Greece. The only possible explanation for the continued association today is that somehow the darker, scarier aspects of Hekate has been equated to wisdom in old age, which is, when you think about it rather ludicrous." -- Sorita D'Este. Read more in the book: Hekate: Keys to the Crossroads.

Comment

Ω
              Last edited by Galaxia; April 15th, 2007, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Holly
                For the most part, I think I'm only seeing what I want to see in those pics. Several of them really look like nothing
                Keep in mind the waters of Loch Ness are extremely murky so as far as underwater pictures go these are about as good as we can get.

"If someone gets into your house, which would you rather have, a handgun or a telephone? You can call the police if you want, and they'll get there, and they'll take a picture of your dead body. But they can't get there in time to save your life. The first line of defense is you." ~ Tom Palmer

"It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights – the "right" to education, the "right" to health care, the "right" to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery – hay and a barn for human cattle." ~ Alexis De Tocquiville

Comment

some of them are pretty good, others i really can't tell them apart from a rock... but then again, if they were perfectly clear, people would automatically dissmiss them as fakes, but when they are hard to see, then nobody really knows... those do look real, i do think there could be a nessie, but i think that there would be a family of them or something, because i don't think one creature could have lived so long.

Comment

It's my understanding that the really clear photo of the flipper has been heavily enhanced.
                    "I would rather make the gravest of mistakes than surrender my own judgement." -- Cora Munroe in Last of the Mohicans

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -- Conan the Barbarian in "Tower of the Elephant" by Robert E. Howard

"Moral outrage has little effect on a cat." -- Garrison Keillor

"There aren't many problems than can't be fixed
                    with $700 and a .30-06." -- Jeff Cooper. Or maybe it was his daughter Lindy. I can't remember.

Comment

Cool...I used to visit the nessie sites all the time. I know one thing, when I was younger and lived in Europe, they would tell us th stories of the Loch Ness monster and it used to intrigue me yet freak me out. I don't know exactly what it is, but the water the creature is supposed to be in gives me the willies. Maybe it's the vast and murkiness of it. Maybe it's the surrounding gloomy, dreary castle and weather.
                      "Be Aware and conscious of the direction of your thoughts;They create your life story."

Comment

I don't see anything
                        Sara Evans and I on Dec. 10, 2004

"As the fairy tale goes, in the story of the beauty and the beast, you cannot look upon the beast, until you can look upon the beast with love, because it bums him out completely and then it kills him."
                        -- Stevie Nicks

My Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks Photo Album[/SIZE]

Xena RolePlaying Forum
                        [/SIZE]

Comment

hmm, umm.. i duno. Me 2, im intruiged n freaked by nessie - the thought of something that big living htere for so long without being seen clearly/caught clearly on camera is definitely spine-shiver stuff, and at the same time, the logical voice in my head keeps asking how is it possible. We're talking about a really big animal, who presumably eats a lot. surely it would have run out of fish by now? Im just not sure.

Comment

I've read that seals and sometimes even porpoises find their way into the loch, as do salmon, so their is apparently a connection to the ocean. Is that connection big enough for an animal as large as Nessie is purpoted to be to get in and out undetected?

Also, sonar scans can be deceptive. A large signature could be a large object, or a bunch of little objects clumped together, like a school of fish.
                            "I would rather make the gravest of mistakes than surrender my own judgement." -- Cora Munroe in Last of the Mohicans

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -- Conan the Barbarian in "Tower of the Elephant" by Robert E. Howard

"Moral outrage has little effect on a cat." -- Garrison Keillor

"There aren't many problems than can't be fixed
                            with $700 and a .30-06." -- Jeff Cooper. Or maybe it was his daughter Lindy. I can't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Valnorran
                              I've read that seals and sometimes even porpoises find their way into the loch, as do salmon, so their is apparently a connection to the ocean. Is that connection big enough for an animal as large as Nessie is purpoted to be to get in and out undetected?

Also, sonar scans can be deceptive. A large signature could be a large object, or a bunch of little objects clumped together, like a school of fish.

The thing is, seals and porpoises do not fit the description of Nessie. Nessie has a very long tapered neck which seals and porpoises do not have. Some suggest it might be a Conger Eel (whatever that is) and that would make sense, I guess.

Another interesting theory is that Nessie is not a creature at all but rather some supernatural/spiritual being. Supposedly Aleister Crowley or someone did some black magick at Loch Ness and conjured up the monster back before the modern sightings started. I don't know if I believe this, though, because the sightings go back hundreds of years.

Comment

Working...
                              X