This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants to be a chart reader?

I'm about to have the admins reorganize this forum a wee bit and one thing I'll be implementing is a reader-to-reader subforum like the Tarot folks have. I'd like to be able to list the user names and skills of each reader so everyone can get an idea of their particular strengths.

As such, please review the following potential reader list I've drafted:
    Keishin - natal, transits, synastry, horary
    RedRose -
    Business Voodoo - evolutionary astrologer (natal, transit, event, relational charts)
    Fluffmeister - astrology columnist on Mystic Wicks Magazine; natal, transits and anything medieval
    Shatril - natal astrology
    Krowe - natal astrology
    Kadynas (?) -
    Valkie (?) - CoT teacher,

Anyone else want to be added? We could really use your help!

C'mon - this is the *perfect* opportunity for all you budding astrologers. The best way to learn how to read well is to practice, often, on a lot of different charts. Don't worry about being perfect - nobody's going to criticize you or your interpretation (against forum rules) and if you make a mistake . . so what? I've made plenty here, but that's how people learn! I'm really hoping some of our shyer posters would like to step up to the plate and help us out.

Please respond within this thread.
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by KEishin; October 16th, 2006, 02:23 PM.
    Astrology Forum Guide- Do you know YOUR planets?
    Certified Astrologer - AMAFA - through the American Federation of Astrologers

hmmmmmmmmmmm....
    yes, i think that would be a good idea ... i know i often lose track of and forget requests for readings that come from the PMs (so, if you've ever asked me for a reading via PM and i didn't get back to you ... i'm sorry, and no you don't bug me if you need to remind me!), and i like tarot's format for readings, and i think it would encourage all types of astrologers to offer up their gifts as well.

i don't know how to describe what kind of astrological readings i do though ... i guess i would use the word 'evolutionary' if the whole 'evolutionary astrology' thing didn't have such a can of worms and dogma attached to it now ... heck, when i heard there was such a thing as evo-astro, i was like yea!!! then i found out that in order to be "a real" evo-astroer, one had to belief in these "facts" ... oh, la, la. so, perhaps like reclaiming my other definitions such as "christian" and "republican" from those who have commandered it to their own ends, i will use the whole "evolutionary astrology" label as that is the one that describes the type of readings i do.
    peace & harmony,
    elaine
    'freedom must be exercised to stay in shape!'
    ... visit my blog ... business voodoo

**** LISTEN TO THE sideREAL world ***
    Now available on PodCast
    next LIVE show on SATURDAY ... 17 MARCH 2K7
    5:30 P.M. PST
    "On Da Moon"

"as long as the youth of the world is taught what to think instead of how to think, liberation from ignorance - the problem of the era - will not be achieved." manley p. hall

... do you want to hear some good music ...

sigpichttp://www.blogtalkradio.com/blackpantyhoes

Comment

Labels really are such a pain the behind, no? Yet we label because it makes things easier to understand. I tell people I'm a vegetarian and they immediately jump to the conclusion that I'm a militantly-liberal, PETA supporting, anti-fur clothing, bleeding-heart humanist who wants to save the baby whales. :laughs hysterically:

Would you like to write a brief description of evolutionary astrology for a future post to explain to those of us scratching our heads? I've got a post (somewhere) where I talk about different types of astrology, but I would love to expand it with your particular style. I only know a smidge about it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by KEishin View Post
        I'm about to have the admins reorganize this forum a wee bit and one thing I'll be implementing is a reader-to-reader subforum like the Tarot folks have. I'd like to be able to list the user names and skills of each reader so everyone can get an idea of their particular strengths.

myself - natal, transits, synastry, horary
        RedRose -
        Business Voodoo -
        Fluffmeister (?) -
        Kadynas (?) -
        Great idea!

I haven't been doing much reading here recently because I've been inundated with work, but I'd like to be on the list as I will contribute again soon!

Fluffmeister - astrology columnist on Mystic Wicks Magazine; natal, transits and anything medieval

Comment

Labels really are such a pain the behind, no? Yet we label because it makes things easier to understand. I tell people I'm a vegetarian and they immediately jump to the conclusion that I'm a militantly-liberal, PETA supporting, anti-fur clothing, bleeding-heart humanist who wants to save the baby whales. :laughs hysterically:
          Yup, I'm veggie too so everyone assumes that I'm a militantly-liberal, PETA supporting, anti-fur clothing, bleeding-heart humanist who wants to save the baby whales.

It's nonsense, of course. I'm actually a militantly-liberal, PETA supporting, anti-fur clothing, bleeding-heart fluffy new-ager who wants to save the baby whales.

Comment

fluff ...

they wouldn't let me send you karma love ... :bouncysmi

LOL!!!!
            peace & harmony,
            elaine

Now available on PodCast
            "On Da Moon"

"as long as the youth of the world is taught what to think instead of how to think, liberation from ignorance - the problem of the era - will not be achieved." manley p. hall

Comment

ok ... so i'll try my best to describe what i do ...

business voodoo ... evolutionary astrologer ... for those who understand the matrix movies, i can try to help you understand your process of 'waking up' or understand why the world you live in is asleep and what you can do to help ... natal, transits, events, and relational charts.

what do you think ... does that make sense or is it too 'obtuse' (my favorite word of my husband to describe what i write most of the time!) ...???
              peace & harmony,
              elaine

Now available on PodCast
              "On Da Moon"

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffmeister View Post
                Yup, I'm veggie too so everyone assumes that I'm a militantly-liberal, PETA supporting, anti-fur clothing, bleeding-heart humanist who wants to save the baby whales.

It's nonsense, of course. I'm actually a militantly-liberal, PETA supporting, anti-fur clothing, bleeding-heart fluffy new-ager who wants to save the baby whales.

Y'know if it were anything else instead of meat people wouldn't blink an eye. If I said, for instance, that I don't eat broccoli, I doubt the following conversation would ensure . . . (which did happen - I've substituted food to show the absurdity):

"You don't like broccoli? . . . Why? (dramatic pause) Do you have something against broccoli? It's really a very nice vegetable. You know that broccoli is raised very humanely, right? Do you protest to save the other baby vegetables too? Do you have a "personal problem" with broccoli? Is it okay if I eat broccoli? Will you get upset if I enjoy it?"

No. I don't eat meat because it makes me sick. Nor do I care one whit about saving any baby animals. If they're dumb enough to get caught they deserve to be eaten. Or as one of my friends says - "I only eat meat from animals that smoke and do drugs. I figure I'm doing Nature a favor, because then the dumb ones don't get to breed."
                Last edited by KEishin; October 13th, 2006, 08:57 AM. Reason: spelling errors

Comment

Originally posted by business voodoo View Post
                  ok ... so i'll try my best to describe what i do ...

business voodoo ... evolutionary astrologer ... for those who understand the matrix movies, i can try to help you understand your process of 'waking up' or understand why the world you live in is asleep and what you can do to help ... natal, transits, events, and relational charts.

what do you think ... does that make sense or is it too 'obtuse' (my favorite word of my husband to describe what i write most of the time!) ...???
                  When he gets too much on your nerves tell him to osculate your posterior. That'll give you some peace while he goes and looks it up. :hahugh:

I like your description. I understand what you're getting at - it seems clear enough. It's less about figuring what is going on to *you* alone, and more about how you fit into the bigger pattern and what you can do to help others. Did I get it?

Comment

fluff ...

they wouldn't let me send you karma love ... :bouncysmi

LOL!!!!
                    {{{hugs}}}, yeah they wouldn't let me give you any more karma either! I've got to "spread it around a bit" first. I'm just not that sort of boy

Comment

yeah, i think that's about it ... if you get it, i'm cool ... anyone who doesn't -- like the baby animals too unfortunate to get caught ...
                      peace & harmony,
                      elaine

Now available on PodCast
                      "On Da Moon"

Comment

myself - natal, transits, synastry, horary
                        RedRose -
                        Business Voodoo - evolutionary astrologer (natal, transit, event, relational charts)
                        Kadynas (?) -

Anyone else want to be added? We could really use your help!

C'mon - this is the *perfect* opportunity for all you budding astrologers. The best way to learn how to read well is to practice, often, on a lot of different charts. Don't worry about being perfect - nobody's going to criticize you or your interpretation (against forum rules) and if you make a mistake . . so what? I've made plenty here, but that's how people learn! I'm really hoping some of our shyer posters would like to step up to the plate and help us out.

Please respond within this thread.
                        Thanks in advance!
                        I wish I had the confidence for this, but it would take me days to do just one, and I know that wouldn't be any good. I hope to learn a lot from the readings that others allow you to post.

Shatril

Ask, believe, receive. Thoughts become things!
                        I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
                        democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Comment

Shatril, I think you underestimate yourself, but I respect your decision. If you change your mind in the future send me a PM.

Comment

shantril ...

i agree with keishin -- i think you have some really great insights that people would be honored and very blessed to receive.

as for confidence and being 'ready' ... i would suggest to build your confidence that you not try to read the entire chart (ok, so keishin and red rose can be a little show-offy in that department ... as i am so jealous of their abilities in that regard!).

just start by writing by what you see first. little by little the story the chart has to tell through you in particular will pop right out ... sometimes it is a short as a poem, sometimes its an essay or short story ... rarely for me does a novel come out, and even then it comes out chapter by chapter with long term clients. personally, i start by digging into the similarities (or dissiliarities) i see between my chart and other's, or i use my 'tool de jour' (the thing i'm learning most about astrology at the moment) to help me guide the way.

besides ... this is a free forum, if someone needs more clarity or information you don't feel comfortable giving, tell them. i often cry for "help!" or send a reference to another reader (or website) on lots of areas of reading a chart -- and sometimes its not an area, but a particular chart in particular will not connect with me.
                            peace & harmony,
                            elaine

Now available on PodCast
                            "On Da Moon"

Comment

shantril ...

i agree with keishin -- i think you have some really great insights that people would be honored and very blessed to receive.
                              Absolutely. Even if you don't want to do an entire interpretation, Shatril, just an observation on one part of the chart can often illuminate areas that other astrologers here hadn't covered, or hadn't noticed. Teamwork can bring great results - that's why it's so good giving readings on a forum, because we can all share. So don't put your talents down, and don't be shy

Comment

Working...
                              X