Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You's guy's are so sweet! Ok, I will try this, because I do have the basics of chart interpretation. I prefer doing Natal for now. As I gain more knowledge and experience, then maybe others.

Thanks for the encouraging words.

Shatril

Ask, believe, receive. Thoughts become things!
    I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
    democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Comment

Originally posted by business voodoo View Post
      shantril ...

i agree with keishin -- i think you have some really great insights that people would be honored and very blessed to receive.

as for confidence and being 'ready' ... i would suggest to build your confidence that you not try to read the entire chart (ok, so keishin and red rose can be a little show-offy in that department ... as i am so jealous of their abilities in that regard!).

just start by writing by what you see first. little by little the story the chart has to tell through you in particular will pop right out ... sometimes it is a short as a poem, sometimes its an essay or short story ... rarely for me does a novel come out, and even then it comes out chapter by chapter with long term clients. personally, i start by digging into the similarities (or dissiliarities) i see between my chart and other's, or i use my 'tool de jour' (the thing i'm learning most about astrology at the moment) to help me guide the way.

besides ... this is a free forum, if someone needs more clarity or information you don't feel comfortable giving, tell them. i often cry for "help!" or send a reference to another reader (or website) on lots of areas of reading a chart -- and sometimes its not an area, but a particular chart in particular will not connect with me.
      Wow, that is sort of how I work. I think I'm always learning, but when I see what you others do, I get a little intimidated. But frankly, I haven't really done much of this stuff, except for people that I know and I think it is time to spread out and try what I know now. With a view to continuing to expand my knowledge. This will encourage me to do that. Thanks again to you all for the wonderful encouragement.

Ask, believe, receive. Thoughts become things!
      I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
      democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Comment

I will give it a shot.

I've become a lot stronger on the natal front with my practice here lately. I would be willing to give it a shot. I am pretty strong at natal from what I've been told.

I dabble with synastry, transits, and horary but I'm not very strong at them. Just budding actually. Too many angles and equations sometimes. Gets a bit overwhelming.

But if people are patient I can usually do a pretty detailed and nice chart/reading for them in about 3 days. I know that seems awhile, but I like to be thorough and make sure that I'm not missing anything or taking something out of context or exxagerating anything I see.

Peace!

Krowe
        godflesh is dead. long live jesu.

Comment

Shatril & Krowe -

Whoo hoo!
          Thank you for stepping up to the plate. While we're a bit slow in charts at the moment, when it (inevitably) speeds up again, your help will be very welcome!

And don't worry about rushing to finish a chart on a schedule. The people asking for readings are getting them for free, so they probably won't mind waiting a few days. (If they want a chart right now, they can send me my usual fee, which starts at $100 p/hour. )
          Astrology Forum Guide- Do you know YOUR planets?
          Certified Astrologer - AMAFA - through the American Federation of Astrologers

Comment

I'll do some charts.

Natal, transits, returns and rectification.

Anything else will take a go at. Leave the synastry/composite well away from me. One is enough!

Comment

I humbly offer my skills as a reader.

BHK

Comment

Fabu!
                Thanks to Owl, coffee and Blue Heartd Kitty . . . :D
                I've been away on work business for the last week and a half and I can't check the internet when doing so. (MW isn't 'business appropriate' most likely) I could use the help getting caught up.

Comment

Owl...I wish you wouldn't go but if you must then go ahead. We appreciate your hard work in this forum...at least I know I do!

Thank you again for helping me along with many others with our charts.

Thank you for being my friend and please don't forget about ME...I'd be lost without YOU!!

YOU are such a blessing to me!

Love,
                  Lori
                  "Just when you think you've got me figured out the seasons already changing"~ Meredith Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by ~Owl~
                    I am hereby resigning my "position" as a Chart Reader for this forum.

That is all.

~Owl~

Thanks for the time you put in. I don't know how you found the time between all you do here and running your own board.
                    Support MW by subscribing

We don't exist without your help.

Comment

RedRose here!

I have been off trying to make money for several months but I popped in today for some fun and love and I LIKE THIS FORMAT! I find it hard and tiring trying to give readings, teach beginners and learn advanced astrology all at once in the same place. Now I don't have to!

"RedRose is a Neptunian astrologer" - The Fluffmeister

"Mom doesn't quite believe in astrology, but astrology sure believes in her!" - My daughter, who is a better astrologer than I.

At age 14, I learned that I am an Aquarius with a Leo Moon and what that meant. At 21 I learned I have a Taurus Rising and I didn't like that so I quit astrology. At age 29 it was pointed out to me that I had married a man whose Sun exactly conjuncted my 23* Scorpio Saturn on my Descendent and that my Saturn Return was upon me. Grand Fixity dawned on me too, and I started really studying astrology after that, but SLOWLY....

I divorced my first husband at age 35, right as Pluto was going over his Sun, my Saturn. Then at my Uranus Opposition I suddenly found that horoscopes made sense....like I could look at them and whole movies would pop into my mind without thinking or figuring. I am 52 now, Saturn is on top of my Pluto trined Pluto in the sky which is on top of my North Node/Venus/Ceres conjunct!

Not sure any of that makes me a good astrologer but I am sincere. Astrology is something I keep learning, and getting better at, and I am fascinated by destiny. I love seeing people 's problems and seeing the gifts they have to handle them - the areas they need to work harder at, or relax about, or ignore or explore. Astrology never stops amazing me.

My method (which IS pretty Neptunian, with Venus overtones) is simply to imagine that I have your chart. What would I feel/think if I had a scope like yours.

I am advanced at beginning astrology only, - just now playing with progressions and beyond. Give me another few decades and I'll be fabulous!

RedRose

Comment

Originally posted by RedRose View Post
                        RedRose here!

I have been off trying to make money for several months but I popped in today for some fun and love and I LIKE THIS FORMAT! I find it hard and tiring trying to give readings, teach beginners and learn advanced astrology all at once in the same place. Now I don't have to!

"RedRose is a Neptunian astrologer" - The Fluffmeister

"Mom doesn't quite believe in astrology, but astrology sure believes in her!" - My daughter, who is a better astrologer than I.

At age 14, I learned that I am an Aquarius with a Leo Moon and what that meant. At 21 I learned I have a Taurus Rising and I didn't like that so I quit astrology. At age 29 it was pointed out to me that I had married a man whose Sun exactly conjuncted my 23* Scorpio Saturn on my Descendent and that my Saturn Return was upon me. Grand Fixity dawned on me too, and I started really studying astrology after that, but SLOWLY....

I divorced my first husband at age 35, right as Pluto was going over his Sun, my Saturn. Then at my Uranus Opposition I suddenly found that horoscopes made sense....like I could look at them and whole movies would pop into my mind without thinking or figuring. I am 52 now, Saturn is on top of my Pluto trined Pluto in the sky which is on top of my North Node/Venus/Ceres conjunct!

Not sure any of that makes me a good astrologer but I am sincere. Astrology is something I keep learning, and getting better at, and I am fascinated by destiny. I love seeing people 's problems and seeing the gifts they have to handle them - the areas they need to work harder at, or relax about, or ignore or explore. Astrology never stops amazing me.

My method (which IS pretty Neptunian, with Venus overtones) is simply to imagine that I have your chart. What would I feel/think if I had a scope like yours.

I am advanced at beginning astrology only, - just now playing with progressions and beyond. Give me another few decades and I'll be fabulous!

RedRose
                        It's nice to see you again RR!
                        "Just when you think you've got me figured out the seasons already changing"~ Meredith Brooks

Comment

Thanks Scorpiochick, nice to see you again too!

Comment

:waves:
                            Hi there!

Comment

Hi Keishin,

Again, I like the new format with the separation of focuses! However, when I went to look at charts I noticed that "readers" are no longer posting the scopes. As you know I am getting old and calculating charts takes me time and I make mistakes so I have to go back and check, and I have a pile of charts to calculate without playing here. My favorite fun while at MW is to ADD some insights and info.

Am I missing something? The conversation texts seems separated by lots and lots of scrolling through photos and quotes. Where are the scopes?

RedRose

Comment

Yo my bitches, how we all doing? (dont spank me please)
                                :hehehehe:

I was away for a while and now Im back. But I will be jetsetting off again shortly, so you must be used to not having me around.

Looks a bit busy here.

Comment

Working...
                                X