sign compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sign compatibility

I've been reading with interest some of the threads about sign compatibility in relationships....I would love to hear what some of you people who are good with astrology think of my relationship, astrology-wise. I'm a Pisces sun, Cancer rising & Virgo moon. My DH is a Gemini...not sure of his moon but his b-day is May 28th, 1977. Not a clue on his ascendant because we don't have his time of birth. Hope to hear some thoughts on this! Thanks!

Blessings!

Rowenna
    ¸..·´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ Rowenna .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:-
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

So make the best of this test
    And don’t ask why
    It’s not a question
    But a lesson learned in time
    --Green Day

Do I dare
    Disturb the universe?
    In a minute there is time
    For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.
    --T.S. Elliot

I personally think it depends on which sign you act like. I don't agree with water/earth and fire/air combos all the time. One couple would do nothing, the other would never settle down.
    If this Gemini isn't so harsh, and your not too emotionally 'watery', it could work. I find that other Zodiacs such as Chinese, Celtic, Egyptian, etc are good too.

The past is bound, the present is made, the future will never stay the same. ~Me

If you can't forgive and forget, pick one. ~Robert Brault

Comment

Would a virgo(him) and a leo(me) make a good match? i´m born august he september same year as me

Comment

Originally posted by Rowenna View Post
        I've been reading with interest some of the threads about sign compatibility in relationships....I would love to hear what some of you people who are good with astrology think of my relationship, astrology-wise. I'm a Pisces sun, Cancer rising & Virgo moon. My DH is a Gemini...not sure of his moon but his b-day is May 28th, 1977. Not a clue on his ascendant because we don't have his time of birth. Hope to hear some thoughts on this! Thanks!

Blessings!

Rowenna
        If you don't have the approximate time and location of his birth then it's virtually impossible to hazard any sort of a guess, you can't even figure out the moon if you don't know the time/location.

Suns really don't mean a hoot in a holler astrologically in terms of whether a relationship works or no. Astrologically the sun is the face you present to the world, not who you are on the inside, your psychology or what exerts the most powerful influence on your thought processes.

Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by OneGreyOwl View Post
          Astrologically the sun is the face you present to the world,
          That's the description of the ascendant in my book.

The sun is just as interesting in r/p study as any other personal planet. For those interesting in psychology, it's kinda like the Self which is supposed to be the whole person but at the same time contains other distinct splinters -would be the other personal planets-

A comment on synastry in general. Personally, I find questions like how compatible is my chart with my partner's approach Astrology by the wrong -predictive- end. What a lot of Astrologers don't state plainly to neophytes is the duality within every Archetype between its "light" and "dark" side and the dynamics it creates which make it very hard to pinpoint someone at whatever point in their life because you can't assess on paper their level of maturity and how they've managed to harness each planet's energy.

instead of chasing after the cat's tail, what's more helpful is to ask yourself how you or your partner feels in the relationship, look for any area of tension and see where it might stem from in your chart to figure how to remedy them.
          Last edited by watchman11; September 18th, 2010, 06:24 PM.

Snakenet metal radio (requests and discussion board)
          "King of the night time forever
          It's all I'm living for
          I'll embrace my immortal
          Forever night"
          - WASP "Raven Heart" -

Comment

Originally posted by watchman11 View Post
            That's the description of the ascendant in my book.
            How I learned it was the sun is the face you present to the world, the moon is who you are at your core and your ascendant is what drives you and what strongly colors your attitudes and its worked for me *shrug*

Comment

OK. For me, the Sun is the Self and lady Moon is our emotions. If you feel like discussing it further, how do you interpret Mercury and Mars?

Snakenet metal radio (requests and discussion board)
              "King of the night time forever
              It's all I'm living for
              I'll embrace my immortal
              Forever night"
              - WASP "Raven Heart" -

Comment

Really you can't judge whether a relationship has the blessings of compatible signs without knowing all aspects of the alignment of the planets. Too many different variables where one thing could make it not work at all when it "typically" should. Same goes the opposite way around. Too many different variables can make something that normally wouldn't work into something that has the greatest blessings of the universe.

For example, I'm a virgo and my friend is a leo. Normally me and him would never get along dating for very long since leos tend to love to be center of attention and virgos have no patience for such attitudes. However, based on the combinations of all the alignments of the planets, everything indicates that we would have a perfect relationship with a beautiful family life if we ever decided to get together. The only aspect that doesn't line up with us in a relationship is that our sun signs are supposed to be incompatible. Another example is myself and a Taurus friend. We're supposed to be perfect for each other, but when it comes to relationships, we don't mesh too well. Our sun signs are highly compatible, but since there is more to it than that, we have conflicting aspects with other planets and really would not be good for each other. We would just hurt each other's feelings way too much, which has been an issue before.

A good web site I use to determine compatibility is this one:
                http://www.new-astrology.com/index Time and birthplace are necessary for any sort of accuracy.
                Amo la mia vita!
                sigpic

Comment

Judging compatibility without the ascendant is chancy because the ascendent reveals the decedent, the sign on the cusp of the seventh house (Marriage and partnerships)

And Yes, the sun is your general will or personality and the ascendent is the face you show the world. I've never heard of it the other way around. The moon does give a clue to your emotions and Venus gives clues to how you approach the romantic aspects of love.

Comment

i used to believe in sign compatibilities. i am a gemini and my first boyfriend is aquarius. we were "blessed" by a chinese match maker (because he is chinese) and he said that things will go well between us. unfortunately, we ended up the worst kind of way.

then i had my second, a virgo. it lasted for quite a long time due to our common interests but when we started to move in together, it seemed that common interest alone never bonded us. they say virgo and gemini is a so-so relationship but again, we ended up the worst kind of way.

then a few weeks ago, a friend of mine brought up something related to astrology that made me realise something. according to astrology, gemini's bond worst with scorpios, cancers, and pisces. looking back at the closest and trusted people in my life it's the people with the three signs who've been with me for at least a decade! my bestest best cousin (june- cancer), guy best friend (feb-pisces), housekeeper (feb pisces) my father figure (march pisces), my trusted traveling buddies (nov-scorpios), who in spite of being guys, i can trust sleeping with "sardined" in one bed, my childhood friends (oct-nov scorpios), closest female buddy (june-cancer), trusted college housemate (july-cancer)...

for the record, i never had trusted and closest buddies under the signs of aquarius, libra or saggitarius.

i guess it would depend on how we are gonna relate to others
                    Last edited by vicegerent; October 29th, 2010, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X