Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nothing Like Your Sign (ATTN Pro-Astrologers as well!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing Like Your Sign (ATTN Pro-Astrologers as well!)

I'm wondering how many people aren't very much like their sun sign. I'm a Capricorn sun and cancer moon and while I have some traits from my sun sign, I'm one of the least Capricorn-y people I know. I'm way emotional and empathetic and the only time I'm ever miserly about anything is when spending money on myself. I'm an ENFP personality type which I think explains me way better than Capricorn.

That said, I've heard (from the They Who Say Things) that for women, your moon sign is important. I've also heard/read several places that since the stars are in different spots than they were 2000 years ago, we're all actually a full astrological sign off, which would make sense to me as I'm far more like an Aquarian than a Capricorn. I understand that everyone isn't going to have 100% of their astrological personality, but I find it very odd that I'm so not a Cappy in the most well known traits (serious, logical, materialistic, unemotional, cautious to the extreme, reserved) that I've come across.

So here's my questions:
    -Why am I so different from my sign? Is it the "star shift" and I should really be an Aquarius?

-Does my moon sign influence me more than my sun sign?

-Who else isn't very like their astrological signs?

-Why do you think that is?

-If you're an astrologer, do you correct your charts to align with where the stars are now, or has the core personality traits of the signs themselves started to shift?

Feel free to go as in depth on that last one as you want, I'm very curious about this and just never had a place to ask.
    Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu meryt Sekhmet-Hethert
    "Ki'sommkiistomisam waamisookiiksisapoo, noohkohka'pssi kiistinoonnitsitapii"
    "Ba ar pet sat ar ta"
    Spiritual blog:
    Dividing by Zero: Hanging out with God(desse)s

There have been numberous discussions about the star shift on this board and others. Though many skeptics use this to debunk astrology, I haven't seen an impact in any readings and do not do 'corrections' to the alignment

Why are you so different from your Sun Sign? Because the same as you are not just your head, but your whole body; your astrology profile is not just your Sun, but all the planets. There are many other things to consider in a chart, and a Cancer Moon is no slouch that would gladly play second fiddle to any Sun, even a Leo Sun.
    Valerie

thanks Faeawyn for the banner
    astrology forum guide

... don't say I didn't warn you.
    ------This is my adopted smilie, I found him passed out on the floor.

How can you say that a oak is more beautiful than an elm, or the mountians more beautiful than the ocean? Everything from the Goddess is beautiful in its own way, but not everyone is going to see the beauty. Don't spend your lives being the mountian that longs to be the ocean.

owner of Random Quote 1419

Comment

Originally posted by Valkie View Post
      There have been numberous discussions about the star shift on this board and others. Though many skeptics use this to debunk astrology, I haven't seen an impact in any readings and do not do 'corrections' to the alignment

Why are you so different from your Sun Sign? Because the same as you are not just your head, but your whole body; your astrology profile is not just your Sun, but all the planets. There are many other things to consider in a chart, and a Cancer Moon is no slouch that would gladly play second fiddle to any Sun, even a Leo Sun.
      Thanks for your reply!

So is the only way to get a truly accurate astrological reading is to have not just your sun/moon but the position of planets as well? Do you find, in your experience anyways, that woman are more like their moon than their sun sign and men are more like sun over moon or is that just bunk?

If emphasis needs to be placed in all areas, why then, do we (as non-astrologers or people like me with an exceedingly basic understanding of astrology) put so much emphasis on the sun sign or are these just the parameters set up for operation in ancient times?
      "Ba ar pet sat ar ta"
      Spiritual blog:

Comment

Sun/Moon/Acs are good if you're just looking for a basic general reading. As an astrologer, if I have someone who is looking for BG, that's what I would look at. If they were looking for a full general reading, I would direct them to astro.com.

Personally, I'll step in when the questions that they are looking for answers to can not be found through a computer generated reading and they are looking for human contact.

The 'women are the moon and men are the sun' theory is crap, for lack of a better word. Both men and women have male/female energies.

Non astrologers place emphisis on the Sun/Moon school because it's easy. When most people see what is involved with doing a full reading, it scares them and they get confused... expecially when they are first learning

Originally posted by Phoenix_Falls View Post
        Thanks for your reply!

So is the only way to get a truly accurate astrological reading is to have not just your sun/moon but the position of planets as well? Do you find, in your experience anyways, that woman are more like their moon than their sun sign and men are more like sun over moon or is that just bunk?

If emphasis needs to be placed in all areas, why then, do we (as non-astrologers or people like me with an exceedingly basic understanding of astrology) put so much emphasis on the sun sign or are these just the parameters set up for operation in ancient times?
        Valerie

thanks Faeawyn for the banner
        astrology forum guide

... don't say I didn't warn you.
        ------This is my adopted smilie, I found him passed out on the floor.

How can you say that a oak is more beautiful than an elm, or the mountians more beautiful than the ocean? Everything from the Goddess is beautiful in its own way, but not everyone is going to see the beauty. Don't spend your lives being the mountian that longs to be the ocean.

owner of Random Quote 1419

Comment

Don't forget your rising sign! I'm more like my rising sign than my sun or moon alone... though if you look at a chart as "the big picture", you will find influences from each area. Does that make sense?
          "The cosmos is also within us, we're made of star stuff.
          We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

Carl Sagan, as quoted by The Symphony of Science

Comment

I think I understand a lot better now. I appreciate the "you're not just one body part" analogy, that put it in perspective for me. I guess I'm gonna have to get the whole shebang done if I want to see how accurate it is
            "Ba ar pet sat ar ta"
            Spiritual blog:

Comment

You can't just look at the sun or moon sign, you need to take it all into consideration, you really need date/time/location. It's not the parts, its the sum of the whole.

That being said, I've noticed when people have more than three planets in the same sign (especially when the sun/moon are the same) then you start getting people who really "aren't like their sign." In fact, it's almost like they are the diametric opposite.

I have five planets in Pisces, including my sun and moon, and my ascendent is Virgo, which means it's elevated expression is Pisces. Nobody who knows me has ever said, "You're the most Pisces acting person I've ever met," the opposite, in fact.

Comment

For a long time I always considered myself different to my sign. I'm not a typical Aries personality at all, and I just couldn't relate to that stereotype of Aries people and Aries women. The fact all those around me are deeply into their starsigns made me wonder about this.

Then last week I came across a website about astrology. It asked me to put in my birth details. Unfortunately I don't know what time exactly on the clock when I was born except that it was night. I experimented with the website counter and put in a guess of 8 O' clock p.m. (or 20.00 hours) and then my other details, place of birth included. Then the site concluded that I was having certain planets alligned or rising, making me who I am. I could identify with this persona and it was uncanny.

Here's the astrology website that I mentioned:
                http://www.thatsme-horoscopes.com/
                :boing:The only thing that sucks around here is a straw.:boing:

Comment

Your sun sign is just one of many aspect of your astrological chart... I am a Virgo/Taurus/Sag but I have four planets in Libra... So I swing more Libra than in a lot of areas including both the way I related to men and women (as I have both Mars & Venus in Libra)...

I had an Astronomy professor who, during the first week of class would try to "debunk" astrology by asking the class to pick a set of 12 characterists to see which ones fit themselves... And then "disprove" astrologies accuracy by showing how many did not pick their "supposed sign"...

I politely replied to his obvious lack of knowledge on the subject that to say that astrology does not have merit based on one's sun sign alone is akin to saying our body's couldn't possibly consist of 80% water because we don't "puddle" when we walk...

You cannot take something that has so many facets and narrow it down to one size fits all, when the reality is there are an infinite amount of combinations... And to say something you don't understand is false is fundamentally against what science is supposed to be about...

Needless to say we steered clear of each other the rest of the semester..

*hops off of her soapbox*

So yes, you should be aware of all the facets of your natal chart to get a much larger and yet more detailed picture... I view the Sun sign as a sort of "Jesso"... It is the primer of your life's portrait... And it affects every other color on the canvas... but not always in ways readily seen...

Hope that makes sense...

Comment

Working...
                  X