Generations - Pluto's dance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Kadynas,

I believe that most/many people who are "all sunshine" and "sweetness and light" are actually filled with fear of their less than perfect aspects. They fear their bodies, their own passions. Thus they are as caught in false dualism as those who preach "Good is bad, bad is good, kill your cat for Satan."

Obviously rage/violence, greed, pride/egotism, heartless/mean lust, and emotional attachment/obsession can all cause lots of harm within and without. Getting dualistic about it all, doen't help, I do not believe. The Creator and Creation are ONE. There is no mind/body split.

Libras are smart and the Pluto in Libra generation is smart by nature too. Only truth can be balanced, because falsehood and lies are not real. Libras waffle, try this and that, but by the time your generation comes into prime political power (age 45-65) I think you will be awesomely aligned and widespread justice will result.

RedRose
    Last edited by RedRose; October 12th, 2005, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RubyRose
      Libras are smart...
      Why thank you for the compliment

This is all really interesting stuff!

Comment

Hi Belle,

Interesting in what way?

RedRose

Comment

Hi Kadynas and KEishin,

The three of us have Pluto in the 5th opposite Mercury in the 11th. You two have Pluto in Libra and Mercury in Aries, and I have Pluto in Leo, Mercury in Aquarius. Different generations but all three of us connect to our generational purpose in the same way. Can you share about your Pluto opposition Mercury and how Pluto in your chart hooks you into your generation?

RedRose

Comment

Goodness, let me catch up on the conversation here! lol

Sag Neptune sub generation too. I get the same feeling that Kady was describing, here for a reason, just don't know what it is yet. I always have the feeling that there is something more that I should be doing... I'm sure that my Neptune being part of 2/3 Kites doesn't help much either.

On thing that I've noticed among friends who are/were in relationships: One theme that comes up a lot is that there seems to be issues of their partner not being willing to accept all aspects of their personalities... Meaning that they just want the light and can't deal with the dark. They are there for the other when things are good, but desert them when the dark side of their personality comes out for a while... maybe it's my Pisces Moon talking... actually, it probably is my Moon... but if I had a quarter for every person who has told me that their partner can't handle the dark side of them... and I'm not even talking criminal behavior... I'd be rich.

Most of the stuff isn't even something that would make or break a relationship, but it usually does due to one side not wanting to comprimise and the other not willing to accept that it is part of the other. Psychologically, there seems to be a great need in this generation for relationships to be all consuming... half way isn't good enough.

Like you said RR, there are a lot of people denying the dark side, when they see someone or something that reminds them of it, they get defensive and try to obliterate it. But it doesn't work that way, especially in a relationship! The person that is doing the reminding gets defensive because the other is trying to change them into something that they aren't... many times, they have already accepted the fact that they are different and aren't comfortable with someone trying to make them "normal".
            Valerie

thanks Faeawyn for the banner
            astrology forum guide

... don't say I didn't warn you.
            ------This is my adopted smilie, I found him passed out on the floor.

How can you say that a oak is more beautiful than an elm, or the mountians more beautiful than the ocean? Everything from the Goddess is beautiful in its own way, but not everyone is going to see the beauty. Don't spend your lives being the mountian that longs to be the ocean.

owner of Random Quote 1419

Comment

*waves to Valkie*

Well for me the Mercury/Pluto plays out in how I talk with others. I guard my privacy zealously - few folks know my email, fewer my IM and only a treasured handful get my phone number.

I don't like to talk about the deeper things in my life with those I don't know well or trust. With Mercury in the 11th, I like to have a lot of friends, but Uranus is tugging on Merc, asking me to be careful what I share. So I have many acquaintences, but few close friends. One of them has referred to it as 'running your defenses, like in a giant game of whak-a-mole, where I'm the mole.' :hehehehe:

But on the other hand, I do enjoy a juicy bit of gossip/information about OTHER people/things. It's okay for me to dig into others but not for others to reciprocate. Merc is accidentally exalted here, so most of that stuff takes places on a more mental than physical level for me.
              Astrology Forum Guide- Do you know YOUR planets?
              Certified Astrologer - AMAFA - through the American Federation of Astrologers

Comment

Originally posted by Kadynas
                As for Uranus in Scorpio, I think that's another area which pushes our generation to spread its mystical wings as it were. But it also makes for some pretty unusual sexual/romantic situations, especially for those of us who have it in the 5th house! It definitely gives me bursts of creativity and the textbook definition about "intuitive flashes" fits to a T. I think I feel it more strongly than most since mine's in a T-Square though...
                my gods, I just caught this one! Oh, the pain of having Uranus in the 5th! If hubby tells me one more time that I become friends with the weirdest people... I can't help it, I like oddballs! I get the creative flashes too... nothing for weeks-months and then I want to take on the world.... draw, sing, write, carve... it all hits me at the same time and I want to do it now, but that doesn't stop the obligations that I've got to the family.

One thing that I love about my Uranus: where it sits natally, the transiting Sun hits it exact on Halloween night... it makes the holiday much more enjoyable.
                Valerie

astrology forum guide

How can you say that a oak is more beautiful than an elm, or the mountians more beautiful than the ocean? Everything from the Goddess is beautiful in its own way, but not everyone is going to see the beauty. Don't spend your lives being the mountian that longs to be the ocean.

Comment

Originally posted by RedRose
                  Hi Kadynas and KEishin,

The three of us have Pluto in the 5th opposite Mercury in the 11th. You two have Pluto in Libra and Mercury in Aries, and I have Pluto in Leo, Mercury in Aquarius. Different generations but all three of us connect to our generational purpose in the same way. Can you share about your Pluto opposition Mercury and how Pluto in your chart hooks you into your generation?

RedRose
                  Well my Mercury in this case happens to be retrograde... You'd never guess I was Aries on first meeting. (Actually ask Keishin: did I seem like an Aries? I don't think I said two words til she whipped out a chart!) I tend to be rather quiet at first, but my eyes and ears are always open... I like to take in my surroundings and get a general feel for the mood and atmosphere before I put my two cents worth in... And I'm forever running my lines in my head... I'm always thinking about what I should say, or worse, overanalyzing what I /should've/ said in a particular conversation. I also agree on the privacy issue... I can't stand thinking that someone is trying to pry into my secrets, even though I love knowing about theirs. But I won't spy on people like they seem to love to do to me. I hate when people try to read over my shoulder when I'm on the computer to see what I'm typing... if you want to know something ask me, and if I think you've proven yourself trustworthy enough to know the answer then I'll tell you. I find I've been burned many times by opening up too much too quickly and it's made me a tad cynical...

Even so I do still have Mercury in Aries, so if I do manage to bypass my "mental filter" and just blurt something out, I have about as much tact as a Merc in Sag! (no offense towards any Merc/Sags, of course! ) I always seem to say the wrong thing, or I pick the wrong words to say what I really mean.

Originally posted by Valkie
                  my gods, I just caught this one! Oh, the pain of having Uranus in the 5th! If hubby tells me one more time that I become friends with the weirdest people... I can't help it, I like oddballs! I get the creative flashes too... nothing for weeks-months and then I want to take on the world.... draw, sing, write, carve... it all hits me at the same time and I want to do it now, but that doesn't stop the obligations that I've got to the family.
                  same here! Especially with the bursts of energy/creativity... And with Venus opposing I find that romantic dramas always seem to bring out my creative side.
                  "The fault is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings."

Comment

(Actually ask Keishin: did I seem like an Aries? I don't think I said two words til she whipped out a chart!)
                    Hehehe, yeah. I was wondering if you'd made up your birth data. "Are you sure you're not a Capricorn?"
                    But the instant we started talking astrology it was .
                    Much to the chagrin of our tablemate who started counting holes in the ceiling tiles to keep herself awake.

Even so I do still have Mercury in Aries, so if I do manage to bypass my "mental filter" and just blurt something out, I have about as much tact as a Merc in Sag! (no offense towards any Merc/Sags, of course! ) I always seem to say the wrong thing, or I pick the wrong words to say what I really mean.
                    I know what you mean! I don't have it as bad as I used to, but I've worked hard to keep those comments on the inside and not coming out my mouth. I have a VERY strong sarcastic streak which most find amusing. But it's the one person who thinks I'm being rude that makes it hard. I'm not - I just live in a constant state of irony.

But take it from me - Merc direct in Aries isn't a bucket o'laughs either. It rules my Gemini AC . . . I don't even stop talking in my sleep!
                    Astrology Forum Guide- Do you know YOUR planets?
                    Certified Astrologer - AMAFA - through the American Federation of Astrologers

Comment

Hi Valerie! I am really enjoying learning about the Pluto in Libra generation. Seemingly you all are the majority generation here at Astrology Mysticwicks? or the most outgoing? or the most likely to be astrologers? Whacha think/feel?

RedRose

(By the way, someone confused me with someone called RubyRose who posts at Mysticswicks. She has a nice name. bet she is mighty fine people. I only post here in the Astrology section, though the whole site seems wonderful. Pluto in Libra generation at work and play?)

Kadynas and KEIshin,

I am a cock-eyed optimist and consecrated into the service of Mama Gaia; the Goddess. I pray to be heart awakened and to have all my chakras up and running, full kundalini ON. I have zero personal tolerance for wasting another life here on earth chasing crazily after $tuff, sex/romance/and/or power mongering, guilt tripping, micro-managing, rat racing etc.

I have learned astrology very slowly over the course of my life. Age 13-17 I found out I am an Aquarius and that was very freeing. Age 17-21, I learned I have a Leo Moon (Hey, hey!). 21-25, I figured out my Taurus Rising and had a first look at my own chart, and had my first reading. It was at my Saturn Return (age 28 or so) that I finally snapped to how dang HARD my scope is, Grand Fixed Squary-scary. Imagine my surprise to suddenly awakened to find that I have Saturn in Scorpio on my Descendant, exactly conjunct my X-husband's Scorpio Sun?

Now I am in my Chiron return process (1* Aquarius yet), and I am so tired of doing hindsight astrology, or using astrology to scare myself. I keep looking at scopes and seeing what we are capable of.

I have Pluto in Leo in the 5th House, opposite Mercury in Aquarius. Oppositions are about equal partners. So our Mercury is as powerful as PLuto in our charts, and Pluto is power itself, pure and big. Our whole generation, comes to us, through the 5th House and shoots right out, via communication (Mercury) into the 11th house (writing, public speaking, social justice activism, internet etc).

We are the voice of our generation, you might say. That is one of our gifts; others have other gifts.

RedRose
                      Last edited by RedRose; October 13th, 2005, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Hi KEishin and Valkie,

I think what you are saying about the Pluto in Libra generation is all very true and fascinating. Are you both from the Pluto in Libra generation, Neptune in Sag. sub-generation?

I am from the Neptune in Libra sub-generation of the Pluto in Leo generation. This gets me to thinking about how long term learning and earth changes can flow down through the generations.

My Neptune in Libra 1942-1956 generation only dreamt about what you guys are manifesting. It was our ideal. Likewise what the Pluto in Libra, Neptune in Sag. generation is dreaming up will manifest in the young kids of today, the Pluto in Sag generation.

And it is the Pluto in Virgo, Neptune in Scorpio generation that has a strong connection with the Pltuo in Scorpio, Neptune in Capricorn teens of today. I think we all should reach out to this very small but extremely powerful generation, Pluto in Scorpio packs a pow. Anyone here born between 1984 and 1995?

RedRose

Neptune in Scorpio 1956-1970

Neptune in Sag. 1970 to 1984

Neptune in Capricorn 1984 through 1998
                        yay. that's me. What does it imply? Are we obssessed with sex? that's what it usually says.
                        ~ Light up, light up, ~
                        ~ As if you have a choice ~
                        ~ Even if you cannot hear my voice, ~
                        ~ I'll be right beside you dear. ~

^ Thanks to GEBS for my little friend here ^

:

Comment

Hi Lost Sheep,

Frankly, all humans age 15-25 are dealing with sexual energy a lot, and more likely to be obsessed by sex than older people. I actually suspect, though I don't know, that the Pluto in Scorpio generation are more comfortable with sex and that being het. or gay or bi doesn't mean as much as it has with earlier generations. I would expect greater acceptance of the full spectrum of sexual experience and more exploration but also more safety(condoms etc.) and a strong regard for privacy.

What do you think?

RedRose
                          Last edited by RedRose; October 13th, 2005, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Hi Lost Sheep,

Frankly, all humans age 15-25 are dealing with sexual energy a lot, and more likely to be obsessed by sex than older people. I actually suspect, though I don't, that the Pluto in Scorpio generation are more comfortable with sex and that being het. or gay or bi doesn't mean as much as it has with earlier generations. I would expect greater acceptance of the full spectrum of sexual experience and more exploration but also more safety(condoms etc.) and a strong regard for privacy.

What do you think?

RedRose
                            From talking to others, I'd have to agree with this one. I actually got into a conversation about this with a couple of guys at the bar last week! It all stemmed from his commenting that his daughter introduces people (aka teen age friends) according to their sexual preference. "hi dad... this is my friend Larry. He's bi." It's like it's second nature now

Now, what I'm really interested in is everyone's Uranus aspects! I know that Uranus rules astrology... and I know that I've got a strong Uranus and that Kady has a strong Uranus (gods, that sounds soooo wrong) but I don't know about Keishin's, Fluff's or yours. As far as the rest of the board, I'm starting to think that they have no clue what we are talking about
                            Valerie

astrology forum guide

Comment

Hi Valerie,

Jupiter conjunct Uranus in Cancer on the 3rd House side of my IC. How is that for speaking Astrolo-Ease?

RedRose

Comment

Originally posted by Valkie

Now, what I'm really interested in is everyone's Uranus aspects! I know that Uranus rules astrology... and I know that I've got a strong Uranus and that Kady has a strong Uranus (gods, that sounds soooo wrong) but I don't know about Keishin's, Fluff's or yours. As far as the rest of the board, I'm starting to think that they have no clue what we are talking about
                                Uranus in Leo opposite Mars in Aqu. I've always thought this was a 6th house/12th house thing (Uranus in 12th), but my Uranus isn't hidden! I'm a computer programmer and an astrologer - publicly! Now a strange thing happened at the astrology conference I was at a couple of weeks ago. The bookstall there was selling "astro dice" - you throw these three twelve-sided dice and they have planets, signs, houses on - and Rob Hand threw Uranus in Leo in the 12th. I said "you've just thrown my dice - I've got Uranus in Leo in the 12th!" He asked me where my Ascendant was, and I told him late Leo - he said "well, then you've *really* got Uranus in the 1st as it's the same sign as the Ascendant." I know Rob's a great fan of whole-sign houses, and it did click into place when he said that - my Uranus isn't remotely hidden!

Comment

Working...
                                X