Generations - Pluto's dance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RedRose
    Hi Valerie! I am really enjoying learning about the Pluto in Libra generation. Seemingly you all are the majority generation here at Astrology Mysticwicks? or the most outgoing? or the most likely to be astrologers? Whacha think/feel?

RedRose

(By the way, someone confused me with someone called RubyRose who posts at Mysticswicks. She has a nice name. bet she is mighty fine people. I only post here in the Astrology section, though the whole site seems wonderful. Pluto in Libra generation at work and play?)
    Funniest thing is me, Keishin and Valkie all have pretty similar charts... Ascendants all close together. We also live in the same state, and me and Keishin were both born in PA. Funny how we all met up here huh? I'm pretty sure we all have Pisces at or near the Midheaven, so that could explain our fascination with the mystical realms.

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say the Pluto in Scorpio generation might be the majority here, with Libra placing a close second and Virgo third, but like you say that could just be because they post more...

Kadynas and KEIshin,

I am a cock-eyed optimist and consecrated into the service of Mama Gaia; the Goddess. I pray to be heart awakened and to have all my chakras up and running, full kundalini ON. I have zero personal tolerance for wasting another life here on earth chasing crazily after $tuff, sex/romance/and/or power mongering, guilt tripping, micro-managing, rat racing etc.
    Similar leanings here... despite having Venus in Taurus and a second house Mars, I'm about as unmaterialistic as you can get... I have no desire to be fabulously wealthy, or to have any of these "things" that people seem to collect to show their status in life. My "things" are my books, my art and my journals. Other than that I can do without it. I hate the fact that I have to work to make a living when there's so many other worthwhile uses for my time... working on my art, meditation and spiritual pursuits, writing... In the meantime though I'm trying to get a book together in hopes that I can eventually make a living at least partially doing something that I love. Now as for sex and romance... well most of us here know my life. I think a big part of my soul's growth is tied into my relationships this time around. Everytime I try to just be alone and do my own thing, someone seems to pop onto the scene. It's like the universe won't /let/ me be a hermit. But I do tend to take a more spiritual approach to sex and love. I don't want these head-games and mind-trips that pass for relationships nowadays... I want a deeper kind of love, a real spiritual, soul-level connection. I've been blessed (or cursed, depending on what day of the week you talk to me ) with meeting up with a few highly significant members of my soul kin this time around... Trying to figure out what exactly it is we're supposed to accomplish together can be dizzying, but it's really opening me up on many levels, especially concerning my intuition and healing abilities.

I personally connect with Apollo and Athene on a very deep level, but honor the entire pantheon as I feel each have something to teach me. Though I've been a "witch" (for lack of a better label) for almost 7 years now, I'm just beginning to delve into the energy work that accompanies my spiritual path. I started out focused on honoring the gods and lots of study, but now I'm starting to go more "interactive" if you will. People have always told me that I have a very strong energy to me, and I think in the past I was a bit frightened of that in myself, but slowly but surely I'm opening up to it more.

I have learned astrology very slowly over the course of my life. Age 13-17 I found out I am an Aquarius and that was very freeing. Age 17-21, I learned I have a Leo Moon (Hey, hey!). 21-25, I figured out my Taurus Rising and had a first look at my own chart, and had my first reading. It was at my Saturn Return (age 28 or so) that I finally snapped to how dang HARD my scope is, Grand Fixed Squary-scary. Imagine my surprise to suddenly awakened to find that I have Saturn in Scorpio on my Descendant, exactly conjunct my X-husband's Scorpio Sun?
    I always loved reading the astrology specials in the teen magazines when I was a kid. When I was 12 my grandfather introduced me to Dell Horoscope magazines, and showed me how to draw up my chart and I was hooked ever since. By the time I hit college I was reading everything I could get my hands on and that hasn't stopped yet.
    I have a couple difficult T-Squares (Venus/Saturn/Uranus and Mars/Chiron/Juno), along with a Grand Fire Trine and a Yod... just starting to feel the approach of my Saturn Return. There seems to be an urgency to "make up your mind already!" to bring more focus to what it is I actually want to do with my life... Saturn in Leo seems to say to me "I've given you all these talents, now do something with them... something real. Quit dabbling!" Luckily he's part of my Grand Trine... I'm actually embracing my Saturn Return, because I'm hoping it'll give me more of a firm sense of direction! I'm not overly attached to anything right now so if Saturn and Pluto want to tear through and wreak havoc taking away all the useless clutter in my life so be it! I'm ready!

Now I am in my Chiron return process (1* Aquarius yet), and I am so tired of doing hindsight astrology, or using astrology to scare myself. I keep looking at scopes and seeing what we are capable of.
    I know what you mean, particularly as I've delving into the esoteric branch at the moment. I'm starting to see possibilities, getting a sense of where we all fit in in the bigger picture and it's absolutely fascinating!

I have Pluto in Leo in the 5th House, opposite Mercury in Aquarius. Oppositions are about equal partners. So our Mercury is as powerful as PLuto in our charts, and Pluto is power itself, pure and big. Our whole generation, comes to us, through the 5th House and shoots right out, via communication (Mercury) into the 11th house (writing, public speaking, social justice activism, internet etc).

We are the voice of our generation, you might say. That is one of our gifts; others have other gifts.

RedRose
    Is that anything like the pen being mightier than the sword? Couldn't resist... But I see your point... To me it seems to be about going deep inside ourselves to find our answers and then communicating those to the world.
    "The fault is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings."

Comment

Hi Lost Sheep,

Frankly, all humans age 15-25 are dealing with sexual energy a lot, and more likely to be obsessed by sex than older people. I actually suspect, though I don't know, that the Pluto in Scorpio generation are more comfortable with sex and that being het. or gay or bi doesn't mean as much as it has with earlier generations. I would expect greater acceptance of the full spectrum of sexual experience and more exploration but also more safety(condoms etc.) and a strong regard for privacy.

What do you think?

RedRose
      You know, I think you could have something there ... i know that for a while, i wasn't sure whether I was gay, straight or bi... I was fairly f****ed up about it at the time, but that was because of pressure from parents and school and all that, but now i've decided, hey what the heck ... and yeah, I can't believe i'm telling people this either.
      ~ Light up, light up, ~
      ~ As if you have a choice ~
      ~ Even if you cannot hear my voice, ~
      ~ I'll be right beside you dear. ~

^ Thanks to GEBS for my little friend here ^

:

Comment

Funniest thing is me, Keishin and Valkie all have pretty similar charts... Ascendants all close together. We also live in the same state, and me and Keishin were both born in PA.
        You know what's funnier? My birth date was right in between you kids and I live right between the two of you geographically!

I'm pretty sure we all have Pisces at or near the Midheaven, so that could explain our fascination with the mystical realms.
        In my case not only do I have Pisces on the MC, but its ruler Neptune is in my 6th house of work!

Now, what I'm really interested in is everyone's Uranus aspects! I know that Uranus rules astrology... and I know that I've got a strong Uranus and that Kady has a strong Uranus (gods, that sounds soooo wrong) but I don't know about Keishin's, Fluff's or yours.
        It's Rx at 14 Scorpio, only a few minutes from exact opposition with my Sun. I wouldn't say it's a prominent as it could be, being in the 5th, but it does get felt because of it's aspects. It's in so many configurations it's not even funny. (See for yourself - 5 May 1978, 8:34 am EDT, Tunkhannock PA)

Being Rx, it is always asking for me to push my boundaries in the areas of my relationships, my creativity and just having plain ol' fun. (The latter of which I never really learned how to do until Pluto passed over it! ) I was the stereotypical "nerd" kid - smart, big mouth, always reading (that hasn't stopped) and just chock full of questions. I was interested in spiritual stuff from a very early age - always have had very clear precognition, which was scary - so being apart from the kids my age (for a variety of reasons) left me lots of time to study and figure things out.

I have learned astrology very slowly over the course of my life.
        I hear you there RedRose. I knew my Sun sign and rising as a child, but never really looked into the deeper meanings until I got older. I picked up books over the years but never really got hooked until Pluto passed over my Neptune! Once that happened, I really dug into my chart and realized, like it sounds you did, that I had the map out of my broken life that I had been looking for! I saw what I could be if I could harness it, so I went after it, with all the vigor that a Fire Trine person can do (which is a lot)! And voila, here I am.
        Astrology Forum Guide- Do you know YOUR planets?
        Certified Astrologer - AMAFA - through the American Federation of Astrologers

Comment

Whoa. Awesome insights. Wonderful. Inspiring. This is the best darn thread. Thanks for helping me research this question.

Astrology books, blech! I keep hunting and hunting for more books and so few satisfy me. I learn more here on the internet and in my weekly astrology group. I like to work together with other astrologers, as equals; Aquarius Sun conjunct 11th House cusp. In my weekly group it is just like it is here. Three or four good astrologers meet and anyone else can come too and get readings and learn astrology. Holy holy mercy mercy. We learn so much and give excellent group readings.

RedRose

Comment

KEIshin,

Uranus opposite Sun is powerful no matter where it hangs. Your Sun is equal partners with Uranus and thus the Taurus/Scorpio axis potentially enlightens and electrifies your social/global impact (5th/11th house axis).

Conjunctions and oppositions with Uranus, Neptune and Pluto are all potentially huge empowerments, assuming we are able to merge with (conjunct), or channel (opposition) the outer cosmic planet's energy into this plane, this world, this life.

RedRose
            Last edited by RedRose; October 14th, 2005, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Oh yes, the "open mouth insert foot" syndrome... hubby is always telling me that I have no mental filter... my Mercury is Fixed T-squared opp Uranus square Saturn... no impulse control. Since we've seemed to jump to Uranus aspects for a bit, I might as well put mine up on the chopping block. Besides the T-square, mine is also a focal point of a Kite with Cancer Asc, Taurus Mercury, Pisces Moon and a Boomerange w/ Gemini Jupiter, Mercury, and Aries Venus/Mars.

I can sooo relate to the 'oddball'. Mental persuits are my entertainment. I took woodshop in 9th grade for the sole purpose of building a bookshelf.

RR:Jupiter conjunct Uranus in Cancer on the 3rd House side of my IC. How is that for speaking Astrolo-Ease, eh? well, that explains the impulse for speaking astrolo-ease (actually, I usually just call it Astrobabble)

And me too: Neptune in the 6th Pisces MC and Pisces Moon conjunct to MC.

as far as astrology starts: I was never interested in it when I was younger... guess I was too busy people watching. My interest in astrology started with hubby's girlfriend at the time. She dabbled and brought a Lisa Green book over the house one day... it was just too funny how much hubby fit the Sag description. I figured that there had to be something to it all so I started researching... that was the end of it. I've been into it for the past *counts on fingers* 4 years.
              Valerie

thanks Faeawyn for the banner
              astrology forum guide

... don't say I didn't warn you.
              ------This is my adopted smilie, I found him passed out on the floor.

How can you say that a oak is more beautiful than an elm, or the mountians more beautiful than the ocean? Everything from the Goddess is beautiful in its own way, but not everyone is going to see the beauty. Don't spend your lives being the mountian that longs to be the ocean.

owner of Random Quote 1419

Comment

The Pluto in Scorpio thing - mine is probably the reason why I'm so obsessed with the car accident I was in when I was 5. I'm afraid to get my driver's license because of it... I take the subway everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by KEishin
                  You know what's funnier? My birth date was right in between you kids and I live right between the two of you geographically!
                  LMAO Too funny!

In my case not only do I have Pisces on the MC, but its ruler Neptune is in my 6th house of work!
                  And even funnier, same here!

Being Rx, it is always asking for me to push my boundaries in the areas of my relationships, my creativity and just having plain ol' fun. (The latter of which I never really learned how to do until Pluto passed over it! ) I was the stereotypical "nerd" kid - smart, big mouth, always reading (that hasn't stopped) and just chock full of questions. I was interested in spiritual stuff from a very early age - always have had very clear precognition, which was scary - so being apart from the kids my age (for a variety of reasons) left me lots of time to study and figure things out.
                  Same here... I was considered an "Art Geek" in high school. There was a whole wing of the building that was just for art classes and I spent most of my time there. In fact senior year, over half of my classes were in art. We had an Advanced Art Class that year where we made portfolios to take with us to college interviews. It was wonderful to have that sense of community with other serious artists. We were a /very/ Uranian group.

Whoa. Awesome insights. Wonderful. Inspiring. This is the best darn thread. Thanks for helping me research this question.

Astrology books, blech! I keep hunting and hunting for more books and so few satisfy me. I learn more here on the internet and in my weekly astrology group. I like to work together with other astrologers, as equals; Aquarius Sun conjunct 11th House cusp. In my weekly group it is just like it is here. Three or four good astrologers meet and anyone else can come too and get readings and learn astrology. Holy holy mercy mercy. We learn so much and give excellent group readings.
                  See that's what I long for, a nice little group that I could ramble on about this kinda stuff with for a few hours or so every week. Unfortunately Keishin and Valkie live on the opposite side of the state from me...
                  "The fault is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings."

Comment

Shynes,

Can we see your chart? If you post your birth data someone will pop your chart up here. Or maybe you know how to do that yourself. You interested in astrology?

RedRose

Comment

Astrology is very intresting to me, RedRose. I've already pretty much asked all the things I'd like to know about my chart. Everybody's been so nice to me here and have always helped with my questions, so thanks to them, I've really taken on a better understanding of my chart. Sorry, no, I don't know how to post attachments... here's my data if you're curious: May 10, 1986 12:44 am New York, NY

Comment

Dear All,

How many of the astrologers here didn't really get into astrology until the Saturn Return (age 28 or 29ish)?

RedRose

PS - Shynes,

I find entering the data into my 'puter and getting the chart loaded here to be tedious. I am slow at that sort of thing and busy and age 50. And I couldn't find the thread with your scope posted in it and I don't wish to push you to expose yourself anyway. Well not too much, that is.

I was simply interested in looking at your Pluto in Scorpio, where it falls in your chart and where you access your generation's power.

Comment

Hope this works. It's the best I could do with trying to post my chart: http://rep.astrology.com/free/9110/8031/gif1.html

My Pluto's in the 9th.
                          Last edited by Shynes; October 15th, 2005, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Dear All,

How many of the astrologers here didn't really get into astrology until the Saturn Return (age 28 or 29ish)?

RedRose
                            Well, I've got my Saturn Return going now... so I know it wasn't that. Looking back, I had a couple of heavy transits going.
                            1.T. Saturn conjunct N. Jupiter in Gemini in 12th.
                            2.T. Neptune in Aquarius in 8th was completeing my half formed N. Grand Sextile.

Transiting Saturn and t. Neptune were exact trine to each other.
                            Valerie

thanks Faeawyn for the banner
                            astrology forum guide

... don't say I didn't warn you.
                            ------This is my adopted smilie, I found him passed out on the floor.

How can you say that a oak is more beautiful than an elm, or the mountians more beautiful than the ocean? Everything from the Goddess is beautiful in its own way, but not everyone is going to see the beauty. Don't spend your lives being the mountian that longs to be the ocean.

owner of Random Quote 1419

Comment

O yeah, you all must be at your Saturn Returns now. Scratch that question.

...Neptune up in the sky, in Aquarius in your 8th House, was completing your half formed Natal Grand Sextile.

PING! What a lovely sight! So you received an astrology download from on high at that time? Or?

RedRose

Comment

Hi Shynes.

That works great.

You see how you have Pluto opposite Mercury just like I do and Kadynas and KEishin? Review what we have said about this in this very thread. Now you know what Pluto in the 9th means and Mercury in the 3rd?

Here is a canned description from www.astrology-numerology.com:

Ninth House Pluto

Pluto positioned in the ninth house of higher thought suggests the need to understand the fundamental forces of man and nature. The higher mental powers are especially strong and inclined toward regeneration of legal, educational, moral, and philosophic systems. There is significant perception of the core causes of problems connected with the larger social order. The intuition regarding such matters is highly developed giving profound insight and understanding. You have little tolerance for hypocrisy and social injustice. There may be a tendency to impose views on others.

Third House Mercury

Mercury residing in the third house produces an association with this location, its natural home, the house of the conscious mind. This placement stimulates matters of the mind, and shows that you are witty and clever, especially in the use of words. Not necessarily a deep thinker (but with Pluto opposite, you are in fact a deep thinker), but alert, adaptable, and versatile. You express ideas fluently, and display a variety of talents. You may find a tendency to become involved in many superficial contacts and passing fancies, because your mind remains always active and busy (again, Pluto makes it unlikely that you are flighty. More likely you can be too powerful at times, too articulate, and people freak out- don't know what to make of you).

RedRose

Comment

Working...
                                X