X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RedRose
    replied
    Hi Nightlady,

These descriptions are about your generation; not really about you. I mean you have these outer planets in common with your whole generation, but they may or may not really fit your personality. Our inner planets, Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus and Mars and Rising Sign talk abouit our personalities this life.

Still, the outer planets, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto may yet call you up, engage you in a generation cause or endeavor.

Now here is a step deeper yet:

I come from the Pluto in Leo Generation, the Boomers. George Bush 2 is also a Boomer. Some Pluto in Leos act very stuck or wounded Leo, generationally speaking, and some Pluto in Leos, shoot that energy of self-expression into Aquarius. We were the dawning of the Age of Aquarius generation and we still are.

Similarly some of the Pluto in Scorpio generation are going to get stuck in Scorpio - this isn't pretty; negative Scorpio is dark. Other Pluto in Scorpio generation folks will shoot that Scorpionic intensity right into Taurus. You will create sustainable, healthy, cozy, fun, deep, and artistic communities; grown food, buy local, in both urban and rural settings. I don't know if we will be using money as we know it now, or alternative currencies or what? You will come into your power in the next 20 years, during this Pluto in Capricorn time.

The Pluto in Sagely-Aware-ious children, kids nows, will light up the Gemini/Sag. axis - which will enhance communication and learning as well as cosmic connection - telepathy anyone?

Hope this helps.

RedRose
    Last edited by RedRose; February 22nd, 2008, 09:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nightlady
    replied
    ""The benevolent entrepreneurs," 1984-88 (Generation Y-a) (Uranus in Sagittarius, Neptune in Capricorn, Pluto in Scorpio) This is a more ambitious and well-disciplined group. It will include many far-seeing and important leaders and entrepreneurs. Though most will probably be on the conservative side, many will organize great projects for the public benefit. They feel a great duty to society and Humanity."

Hmm... that´s me, but I do not recognice myself... I have: Uranus sag. in house three... neptune cap. also house three and sextile to Pluto in scorpio, house one or two depending on house system...

Very interresting overview!!

I notice with great fascination that my father is a W-c (baby boomer II) and my mother an X-a (techno punk)... and that SHOWS!! My mother really is a former punk and an artist to that and my father is one of the most conventional guy you can find and very analytical... (while my mother can never in a moment be called analytical)... They ar such a mismatch that the actually end up fitting quite nicely together... I can also recognice my brother in Y-b... steady, persistent, determined all cover him but also cold, calculating, rigid... now I understand why he is so much capricorn... really should do his natal chart...

Still doesn´t recognice myself, but maybe it can be because I am the one trying to se the real me... doesn´t work that well... You really cannot evaluate yourself like you evaluate others... But I´m not diciplined or ambitious, and you couldn´t really say that I feel I have any kind of duty to humanity or society... Entrepreneur dosen´t fit... and no, I´m not that conservative... Oh, well my thoughts can maybe be called conservative but not my way of living or the way I look at life... ugh...

Oh, well I have allways been consodered quite and oddball... I think that my pluto in scorpio really brings out the nonconformist and catalyst (if that is the word...?... english isn´t my native)... Everything has a tendency to spark and come to life if I meddle in it... and I seldome care what people think of me... Uranus in sagittarius gives rebelliousness and a desperate fight for freedome and maybe my thirst for knowledge... combined with the third house I have noticed that I have a huge need to allways be free in a friendship, I do NOT want to be tied up by relationship bonds... I have the need to allways be able to take a break in a friendship, to step back... I hate it when people take my friendship for granted and makes it some sort of permanent bond.... I think my neptune in capricorn gives me stability enough to not be carried away by my uranus and scorpio... gives me calm... Frankly part of me is thankful that I do not have a crazy imagination as well... and part of me wonders what that would be like... My imagination is leashed to reality... what would it be like to have neptune in scorpio like my mother...

Everything becomes even more interesting when you compare my uranus sag to my brothers(born 1990) uranus cap... One thing, I like travel would like to go to india, egypt..., he has no urge to even go on a holiday trip to to Sweden... I have no interest what so ever in politics or even political systems while my brother is intensly inwolved in various political clubs and also has a great knowledge of politics... I enjoy early history very much (stone age to early iron age) he enjoys everything after the industrial revolution, especially the last twenty years... Both my brother and I have a great mamory and enjoy study but I have a far more relaxed attitude... I am a lazy bitch that still manages grerat reslults he is a really diciplined student that manages even greater results... I think he will go further that I will... he is soo diciplined... Really interesting... Also I am calm and mostly collectedansd sometimes percieved as cold, he is collected to the point of being really cold...

Oh well, that about that... have had todays english practise now then... Comments to above said?

Leave a comment:

• RedRose
    replied
    I left out all the earlier generations in this fascinating overview!

http://www.wstardesigns.com/Horoscopes/generations.html

"The war babies," 1939-1946 (Generation W-a) (Uranus in Taurus/Gemini, trine Neptune in Virgo/Libra; Pluto in Leo) This group provided the leaders of the "60s generation." They are outspoken, visionary and unconventional, but they burned up much of their energy in their youth (Gemini). Impulsive, confident, spontaneous and restless, they are rebels with a cause and can become great leaders. But perhaps they have been too fickle or adaptable to remain true to the great ideals of their youth. This group and the next are very musically talented. Examples: Muhammed Ali, Joan Baez, The Beatles, Joseph Biden, Chevy Chase, Robert DeNiro, John Denver, Bob Dylan, Richard Gephardt, Newt Gingrich, Tom Hayden, Jimi Hendrix, Jesse Jackson, Mick Jagger, Janis Joplin, Ted Koppel, Oliver North, Pat Schroeder, Tom Selleck, Pete Townshend, Paul Tsongas.

"The baby boomers," 1946-1956 (Generation W-b) (Uranus in late Gemini and Cancer, square Neptune in Libra; Pluto in Leo) This populous group is famous for its idealism and provided the "shock troops" for the sixties rebellions. These "flower children" are outgoing, warm, adventurous, confident, outspoken and exhibitionist; but less original than the war babies. Born to prosperous but uncertain times, they were called "spoiled" and "impatient;" yet although they dropped out as "hippies," they also became the first "yuppies" (young urban professionals). They insist on their creative autonomy (Leo), but also long for union with others (Libra); so some of them are emotionally insecure or inconsistent. Examples: Cher, Bill Clinton (1946), Kevin Costner, Billy Crystal, Al Gore Jr., Jay Leno, David Letterman, Joe Montana, Jane Pauley, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jerry Seinfeld, Bruce Springsteen, Meryl Streep, John Travolta, Robin Williams, Oprah Winfrey.

"The baby boomers, part two," 1957-62 (Generation W-c) (Uranus in Leo, Neptune in Scorpio, Pluto in Virgo) This group was too young for the sixties and so are more conventional in their approach to life. They are talented investigators or analysts and provide many of the "yuppie" computer professionals. Most in this group are self-contained, shrewd, secretive, careful, tenacious, calculating and capable. They are more thoughtful, hesitant, reflective and unsure than the elder boomers, but often no less outgoing and exhibitionist (since Uranus is in Leo). In fact, many in this group have already made quite an impression in the show business world. Examples: Scott Baio, Matthew Broderick, Katie Couric, Tom Cruise, Michael J. Fox, Woody Harrelson, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Demi Moore, Eddie Murphy, Donny Osmond, Sean Penn, Prince, Tim Robbins.

"The techno-punks," 1963-1969 (Generation X-a) (Uranus conjunct Pluto in Virgo; Neptune in Scorpio) It was said that the "punks" were the hippies of the eighties. This group is free-wheeling, impulsive, clever and resourceful, but more hard-nosed and cynical than the baby boomers were. They grew up in a declining society with little moral direction, and so have been called "the new lost generation" (the old was the group of "seekers" born during the Neptune-Pluto conjunction). They were labeled "Generation X" because they were so unsure of their identity or purpose. Despite having to grow up as "brash, pragmatic, suspicious, skeptical, selfish, sharp-eyed survivalists," this group has enormous creative potential once they find something to believe in. The first children of the computer age, they will undergo many personal upheavals and changes. Great scientists, artists and revolutionary political leaders could emerge from this group. Examples: Lisa Bonet, Kurt Cobain, Gary Coleman, Rob Lowe, Marla Matlin, Sinaid O'Connor, Luke Perry, Jason Priestley, Kiefer Sutherland.

"The mellow ones," 1970-1974 (Generation X-b) (Uranus in Libra, Neptune in Sagittarius, Pluto in Virgo/Libra) This is mostly a friendly, easy-going, confused, flabby, indolent group of "slackers," but it has great potential in music and diplomacy. Not so fanatical and less cynical than their elder brothers and sisters, they are often wise, generous and mature. This group needs to get off its duff and make up for its poor educational background. Once it does, some very talented artists, writers, philosophers and teachers may come from this sub-generation. Examples: Christina Applegate, Kirk Cameron, Neil Patrick Harris.

"The explorers," 1975-1981 (Generation X-c) (Uranus in Scorpio, Neptune in Sagittarius, Pluto in Libra) This group is more intense, exuberant, and disciplined than the previous one. They are "mellow," but also very cynical. Relationships and sex are important to this generation, like other recent ones. Many children of the seventies and eighties feel the need to fill the cultural void in their lives by exploring the unknown and traveling widely. They see the lurking danger to their future, so the best of them are driven to investigate the roots of our problems. But others may act out their alienation destructively. Examples: Macauley Culkin, Fred Savage.

"Explorers, part two," 1982-84 (Generation X-d) (Uranus and Neptune in Sagittarius, Pluto in Libra) Temperamentally this exuberant group is more like the "mellow ones," but they are also definitely "explorers." They are undisciplined and unfocused, but probably very positive and mature otherwise. This transitional sub-generation will be a great source of visionaries, adventurers, humorists, storytellers, writers and philosophers, but don't look for too many great political leaders.

"The benevolent entrepreneurs," 1984-88 (Generation Y-a) (Uranus in Sagittarius, Neptune in Capricorn, Pluto in Scorpio) This is a more ambitious and well-disciplined group. It will include many far-seeing and important leaders and entrepreneurs. Though most will probably be on the conservative side, many will organize great projects for the public benefit. They feel a great duty to society and Humanity.

"The committed ones," 1988-1995 (Generation Y-b) (Uranus conjunct Neptune in Capricorn, Pluto in Scorpio) This is a group with outstanding potential. It is a very precocious generation, but won't burn itself out in youth. They are steady, persistent, determined, ambitious and passionate. They have great talent in the arts, politics and organization, and they may be the great leaders who lay down lasting foundations for a new age of civilization. On the other hand, some might consider them too cold, calculating, rigid, worldly or obsessed with their own goals.

"The flame throwers," 1996-2003 (Generation Y-c) (Uranus in Aquarius, Neptune in late Capricorn and Aquarius, Pluto in Sagittarius) This will be a very outgoing, irrepressible, exuberant generation, quick to question authority and convention. They will be brilliant intellectuals, inventors, reformers and propagandists.

"The universal free spirits," 2003-2010 (Generation Z-a) (Uranus in Pisces, Neptune in Aquarius, Pluto in Sagittarius/early Capricorn) Their successors will be similar, but more easy-going, sensitive and poetic. They will follow the paths laid down by the previous two generations, but will show greater brilliance in the imaginative arts. As the first of Generation Z, they will teach compassion for Humanity as we all reach the "omega point" of universal human awareness after 2012.

"Lonely rebels," 2011-2018 (Generation Z-b) (Uranus in Aries square Pluto in Capricorn; Neptune in Pisces) This group will be similar to those born in the early 1930s. Like them, they will be confused rebels or lonely seekers in their youth. Growing up in times of crisis, they will insist on breaking free from authorities and blazing their own path, however unsure of where it might lead them. Highly visionary, in later years some of them will be able to adapt and find a powerful leadership position within society.

"Silent searchers," 2018-2025 (Generation Z-c) (Uranus in Taurus, Neptune in Pisces, Pluto in Capricorn) This generation will be very similar to the "silent generation" of the late 1930s. Confused seekers like their elder brothers and sisters, they will quietly keep many of their hopes and dreams to themselves until later in life, when they will effectively act on their desire to help others. But many in this group will be acquisitive and conformist due to their overweening desire for security.

"Green pioneers," 2025-2032 (Generation A-a) Uranus in Gemini trine Pluto in Aquarius; sextile Neptune in Aries. With this generation we start our letter count over again and arrive back at "A" (the last such generation A having lived about 500 years ago). Like the "war babies" of the 1940s, this will be a highly idealistic, inventive, dynamic and creative group determined to change the world. Instead of "dropping out" or protesting against society as their grandparents did, these people will be intensely active and goal-oriented. They will be the young leaders of the "Green Revolution" at mid-century, intent on transforming the world no matter how disruptive it may be to the peace or the status quo.

Leave a comment:

• Shatril
    replied
    Well this bodes well for the environment, and certainly speaks loudly for no more politics as usual. I'm even feeling a little bit of that energy already, as I have expressed my disgust with politics as usual in my Avatar. It will be interesting to watch the presidential elections and candidates to see what happens. I have been watching the campaigns of the leading candidates, and I think I have figured out based on this set of astrological conditions which candidate will be elected. There is only one in my opinion that APPEARS to be a freshish face, and seems to not be locked into politics as usual.

Well, this is an interesting discussion. Going to run off to see what else we find.

Shatril

Leave a comment:

• RedRose
    replied
    Pluto in Virgo conjunct Uranus in Virgo - The 60s babies

Here is an interesting article about those who were born in the late 60s during that wild Pluto/Uranus conjunction. Big news, these souls are entering their Uranus Oppositions. These folks will probably become pretty political, especially around healing the environment (Virgo).

http://astrotabletalk.blogspot.com/2...eneration.html

Leave a comment:

• Shatril
    replied
    It would be interesting to explore the Pluto in Capricorn expectations don't you think. We don't as yet have any empirical evidence, but certainly speculation would be fun.

OH BOY, I found this in one of my favorite books, "The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need", by Joanna Martine Woolfolk.

Because Capricorn is the sign of discipline and ambition. Pluto's influence here should stress responsibility and the ethic of work. Capricorn is the sign of government and long-term security, and Pluto may have the effect of bringing a new world order into being. Individual nations may join in a system of world government that leads to greater stability. Star-watchers are focused on the year 2012, which the Myan calendar marks as the "end of the world." Many spiritual movements believe this is a metaphor for a change in "consciousness" when the human race will adopt a more spiritual value system. Astrologically, Pluto holds out the hope there will be an end to war.

I'd like to get others take on this.

Shatril

Leave a comment:

• RedRose
    replied
    Hi all,

I love this tread! It is now Nov. 2007 and I am letting go of the longing for a Pluto in Sag, Neptune in Aquarius, Uranus in Pisces grand-baby. Pluto will enter Capricorn this next year and stay there for long time (just like it stayed in Cancer, ala my parents and grandparents generation). If so blessed, my grandchildren and great-grandchildren will all be Pluto in Capricorns. How exciting it has been to witness little Pluto swinging around the end of it's orbit! 7 astrological generations experienced in one lifetime.

RedRose

Leave a comment:

• RedRose
    replied
    It is August 2006 and Pluto is still doing a Retrograde Dance over Gallactic Center. The Full Moon in May was conjunct Pluto conjunct the center of the Milky Way Galaxy. Anyone getting more psychic these last couple months?

RedRose

Leave a comment:

• RedRose
    replied
    Came across this description of the babies being born these days:

http://www.astrology.com/allaboutyou...gittarius.html

Pluto in Sagittarius

The generation born under the placement of Pluto in Sagittarius may work, in a way, to get rid of many of the outdated traditions of generations past. This generation may develop a spiritual bent, but shun the organized religions of their grandparents. Instead, this generation may develop personal systems of belief far removed from anything that came before. Spirituality won't be the only thing this generation explores. Part of developing a higher viewpoint will come through travel into space and investigations under the sea. There will be a lot of educational reform during this time, as well, with a focus on developing the scope and quality of higher education. This generation may very well revolutionize the way we teach and learn. They could take everyone to a place previously unimagined.

Leave a comment:

• LostSheep
    replied
    These courageous people provided most of those who laid the political and cultural foundations of today's world, often following the course begun by the previous, more inventive generation S. Very sensitive, they loved to explore life's mysteries. But they had to be sharp, ruthless and adaptable in a collapsing world. Many of them died in the Great War; others experienced the upheaval of the 20th Century to its fullest. Examples: Jack Benny, Neils Bohr, Pearl Buck, Chiang Kai Shek, Charles De Gaulle, Will Durant, Jimmy Durante, T.S. Eliot, Dwight D. Eisenhower, William Faulkner, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Francisco Franco, David Ben Gurion, Martin Heidegger, Adolf Hitler, Ho Chi Minh, Aldous Huxley, Nikita Khruschev, Sinclair Lewis, Huey Long, Mao Tse Tung, Groucho Marx, Jawaharlal Nehru, Eugene O'Neill, Juan Peron, Dane Rudhyar, Josip Broz (Tito), J.R.R. Tolkien, Arnold Toynbee, Grant Wood.
    Adolf Hitler, Franco and Chairman Mao ... noted for their sensitivity. Guess this shows how lumping everyone born over a pewriod of a few years together in one great mass can result in just a few generalisations.

Leave a comment:

• mercuric
    replied
    ^^ wow cool! interesting stuff to read :D thanks

this whole thread is quite interesting, great posts. :cheers:

Leave a comment:

• RedRose
    replied
    Hmmm, this person seems a bit of a prig to me, but it is all about astrological generations so I am posting it.

RedRose

http://www.wstardesigns.com/Horoscopes/generations.html

THE GENERATIONS, A TO Z
    From Horoscope for the New Millennium by E. Alan Meece, reproduced with permission from the author.

People who are born and grow up in roughly the same period of history share many characteristics. Their attitudes are formed by common experiences. These are "the generations," and we can paint a miniature portrait of each of them by using the outer planets as "brushes." The traits of each group are revealed by the signs which the three outer planets are in when they are born, and the mutual aspects they make in their birth charts.

The youth of the 1990s are famous as "Generation X." So counting backward from them, we can give each generation a letter in the same series. But since a "generation" like Generation X is supposed to last about 20 years, and the positions of the outer planets usually change faster than that, there are also sub-groups within each generation which I have called, for example, Generation X-a, Generation X-b and so on. The sequence of modern generations starts with Generation T in 1885; the last Generation A would have lived about 400 years earlier. Generation T was very similar to Generation X; in fact, it was the previous "lost generation."

Before Generation T, however, there was an inventive, idealistic generation that shaped modern culture. The last of this group, called "the modernists," were born from 1878-84 and had Uranus in Virgo in trine to Neptune in Taurus, with Pluto in Taurus. We shall call them Generation S-c, although they could also be called the first of Generation T. Most of the modern artists and scientists of the early 20th Century, and many of its most visionary political leaders, came from this creative group. They were idealistic, yet practical. Examples: Mustapha Kemal (Ataturk), John Barrymore, Georges Bracque, Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, Albert Einstein, W.C. Fields, James Joyce, Henri Matisse, Benito Mussolini, Pablo Picasso, Sam Rayburn, Franklin Roosevelt, Oswald Spengler, Joseph Stalin, Igor Stravinsky, Leon Trotsky, Harry Truman.

"Seekers and founders," 1885-1897 (Generation T-a) (Neptune conjunct Pluto in Gemini; Uranus in Libra and Scorpio) These courageous people provided most of those who laid the political and cultural foundations of today's world, often following the course begun by the previous, more inventive generation S. Very sensitive, they loved to explore life's mysteries. But they had to be sharp, ruthless and adaptable in a collapsing world. Many of them died in the Great War; others experienced the upheaval of the 20th Century to its fullest. Examples: Jack Benny, Neils Bohr, Pearl Buck, Chiang Kai Shek, Charles De Gaulle, Will Durant, Jimmy Durante, T.S. Eliot, Dwight D. Eisenhower, William Faulkner, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Francisco Franco, David Ben Gurion, Martin Heidegger, Adolf Hitler, Ho Chi Minh, Aldous Huxley, Nikita Khruschev, Sinclair Lewis, Huey Long, Mao Tse Tung, Groucho Marx, Jawaharlal Nehru, Eugene O'Neill, Juan Peron, Dane Rudhyar, Josip Broz (Tito), J.R.R. Tolkien, Arnold Toynbee, Grant Wood.

"The flaming wits," 1898-1904 (Generation T-b) (Uranus in Sagittarius opposite Pluto in Gemini; Neptune in Gemini and Cancer) Many revolutionaries come from this group, along with many free-wheeling spirits. They were the "flaming youth" of the roaring 20s. Quite irrepressible, they made great actors and writers. Examples: Louis Armstrong, Humphrey Bogart, Chou En Lai, Gary Cooper, Bing Crosby, Thomas Dewey, Marlene Dietrich, Walt Disney, Enrico Fermi, Clark Gable, Cary Grant, Ernest Hemingway, Heinrich Himmler, Alfred Hitchcock, Bob Hope, Ayatollah Khomeini, Andre Malroux, Margaret Mead, Wayne Morse, Aristotle Onassis, George Orwell, Linus Pauling, Benjamin Spock, John Steinbeck, Adlai Stevenson, Strom Thurmond, Spencer Tracy.

"The organization men (and women)," 1904-1913 (Generation U-a) (Uranus in Capricorn and early Aquarius, opposite Neptune in Cancer; Pluto in Gemini) Bold and adventurous, many of these people were also emotionally unstable, secretive, extreme or fanatic. Though often dissatisfied with their lot in life, most remained conservative and traditional; experts at rising within the ranks and interested in business. Those born 1912-13 border the next group. Examples: Spiro Agnew, Leonid Breshnev, Warren Burger, Albert Camus (1913), William Casey (1913), Norman Cousins (1912), Richard J. Daley, Henry Fonda, Gerald Ford (1913), John K. Galbraith, Barry Goldwater, Dag Hammarskjold, Rex Harrison, Katharine Hepburn, L. Ron Hubbard, Howard Hughes, Hubert Humphrey, Lyndon Johnson, Marshall MacLuhan, Joseph McCarthy, Richard Nixon (1913), Lawrence Olivier, Tip O'Neill (1912), Ronald Reagan, Nelson Rockefeller, Dean Rusk, Jean Paul Sartre, Robert Young.

"The techno-altruists," 1914-1919 (Generation U-b) (Uranus in Aquarius, Neptune in Leo, Pluto in Cancer) This group is similar to the previous one, but is more intellectual and more dedicated to social ideals. They were very charismatic leaders or personalities and provided most of the corporate technocrats. They were the knights of Kennedy's "Camelot." Examples: Leonard Bernstein, Walter Chronkite, Jackie Gleason, Paul Harvey, John F. Kennedy, Eugene McCarthy, Robert McNamara, Howard Metzenbaum, Edmund Muskie, Gregory Peck, William Proxmire, Anthony Quinn, Anwar Sadat, Arthur Schlesinger, Pete Seeger, Sargent Shriver, George Wallace (1919), Mike Wallace, Alan Watts, Caspar Weinberger, Orson Welles.

"The warm souls," 1920-1929 (Generation V-a) (Uranus in Pisces, Neptune in Leo, Pluto in Cancer) This group is inwardly secure and confident. They are conventional, warm-hearted and sensitive and are subject to strange mystical experiences. Though humanitarian, they have made generally poor political leaders. But many excellent actors and poets come from this group. Examples: Marlon Brando, David Brinkley, Richard Burton, George Bush, Johnny Carson, Jimmy Carter, Fidel Castro, Judy Garland, Allen Ginsberg, John Glenn, Alexander Haig, Joseph Heller, Lee Iaccoca, John Paul II, Robert Kennedy, Henry Kissinger, Timothy Leary, Jack Lemmon, Norman Mailer, George McGovern, Don Rickles, Rod Serling, Sen. Paul Simon, Gore Vidal, Kurt Vonnigut.

The last part of this group (1927-29) has Uranus in Aries; thus is more rebellious, activist and individualist: Cesar Chavez, James Garner, Che Guevara, Martin Luther King, Patrick McGoohan, Harvey Milk, Walter Mondale.

"The rebels without a cause," 1930-35 (Generation V-b) (Uranus in Aries square Pluto in Cancer; Neptune in Virgo) This is an unpredictable, sometimes wild and explosive group that provided the leaders of the "Beat Generation." They make innovative, caring leaders, but often lack specific goals and are insecure or unsure of their direction. It is the first generation born after Pluto's discovery, so it and succeeding groups are sometimes less wedded to ancient traditions. Examples: Marshall Applewhite, Mario Cuomo, James Dean, Michael Dukakis, Mikhail Gorbachev, Dick Gregory, Jim Jones, Jack Kemp, Ted Kennedy, Ken Kesey, Paul Krassner, Charles Kuralt, Jerry Lee Lewis, Shirley MacLaine, Charles Manson, Bill Moyers, Ralph Nader, Leonard Nimoy, Peter O'Toole, Ross Perot, Elvis Prestley, Dan Rather, Carl Sagan, Elizabeth Taylor, Robert Anton Wilson, Boris Yeltsin, Andrew Young.

"The silent generation," 1935-1939 (Generation V-c) (Uranus in Taurus, Neptune in Virgo, Pluto in Cancer) With all three planets in passive signs, they tended to be shy, quiet, conforming, moody, dreamy, sympathetic and introspective. But sometimes they have become outspoken due to their desire to help others; and like the previous group can be quite unpredictable. Examples: Woody Allen, Bruce Babbitt, Warren Beatty, Jerry Brown, Pat Buchanan, Judy Collins, Jane Fonda, David Frost, Gary Hart, Dustin Hoffman, Barbara Jordan, Jack Nicholson, Robert Redford, Sam Nunn, Ted Turner.

"The war babies," 1939-1946 (Generation W-a) (Uranus in Taurus/Gemini, trine Neptune in Virgo/Libra; Pluto in Leo) This group provided the leaders of the "60s generation." They are outspoken, visionary and unconventional, but they burned up much of their energy in their youth (Gemini). Impulsive, confident, spontaneous and restless, they are rebels with a cause and can become great leaders. But perhaps they have been too fickle or adaptable to remain true to the great ideals of their youth. This group and the next are very musically talented. Examples: Muhammed Ali, Joan Baez, The Beatles, Joseph Biden, Chevy Chase, Robert DeNiro, John Denver, Bob Dylan, Richard Gephardt, Newt Gingrich, Tom Hayden, Jimi Hendrix, Jesse Jackson, Mick Jagger, Janis Joplin, Ted Koppel, Oliver North, Pat Schroeder, Tom Selleck, Pete Townshend, Paul Tsongas.

"The baby boomers," 1946-1956 (Generation W-b) (Uranus in late Gemini and Cancer, square Neptune in Libra; Pluto in Leo) This populous group is famous for its idealism and provided the "shock troops" for the sixties rebellions. These "flower children" are outgoing, warm, adventurous, confident, outspoken and exhibitionist; but less original than the war babies. Born to prosperous but uncertain times, they were called "spoiled" and "impatient;" yet although they dropped out as "hippies," they also became the first "yuppies" (young urban professionals). They insist on their creative autonomy (Leo), but also long for union with others (Libra); so some of them are emotionally insecure or inconsistent. Examples: Cher, Bill Clinton (1946), Kevin Costner, Billy Crystal, Al Gore Jr., Jay Leno, David Letterman, Joe Montana, Jane Pauley, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jerry Seinfeld, Bruce Springsteen, Meryl Streep, John Travolta, Robin Williams, Oprah Winfrey.

"The baby boomers, part two," 1957-62 (Generation W-c) (Uranus in Leo, Neptune in Scorpio, Pluto in Virgo) This group was too young for the sixties and so are more conventional in their approach to life. They are talented investigators or analysts and provide many of the "yuppie" computer professionals. Most in this group are self-contained, shrewd, secretive, careful, tenacious, calculating and capable. They are more thoughtful, hesitant, reflective and unsure than the elder boomers, but often no less outgoing and exhibitionist (since Uranus is in Leo). In fact, many in this group have already made quite an impression in the show business world. Examples: Scott Baio, Matthew Broderick, Katie Couric, Tom Cruise, Michael J. Fox, Woody Harrelson, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Demi Moore, Eddie Murphy, Donny Osmond, Sean Penn, Prince, Tim Robbins.

"The techno-punks," 1963-1969 (Generation X-a) (Uranus conjunct Pluto in Virgo; Neptune in Scorpio) It was said that the "punks" were the hippies of the eighties. This group is free-wheeling, impulsive, clever and resourceful, but more hard-nosed and cynical than the baby boomers were. They grew up in a declining society with little moral direction, and so have been called "the new lost generation" (the old was the group of "seekers" born during the Neptune-Pluto conjunction). They were labeled "Generation X" because they were so unsure of their identity or purpose. Despite having to grow up as "brash, pragmatic, suspicious, skeptical, selfish, sharp-eyed survivalists," this group has enormous creative potential once they find something to believe in. The first children of the computer age, they will undergo many personal upheavals and changes. Great scientists, artists and revolutionary political leaders could emerge from this group. Examples: Lisa Bonet, Kurt Cobain, Gary Coleman, Rob Lowe, Marla Matlin, Sinaid O'Connor, Luke Perry, Jason Priestley, Kiefer Sutherland.

"The mellow ones," 1970-1974 (Generation X-b) (Uranus in Libra, Neptune in Sagittarius, Pluto in Virgo/Libra) This is mostly a friendly, easy-going, confused, flabby, indolent group of "slackers," but it has great potential in music and diplomacy. Not so fanatical and less cynical than their elder brothers and sisters, they are often wise, generous and mature. This group needs to get off its duff and make up for its poor educational background. Once it does, some very talented artists, writers, philosophers and teachers may come from this sub-generation. Examples: Christina Applegate, Kirk Cameron, Neil Patrick Harris.

"The explorers," 1975-1981 (Generation X-c) (Uranus in Scorpio, Neptune in Sagittarius, Pluto in Libra) This group is more intense, exuberant, and disciplined than the previous one. They are "mellow," but also very cynical. Relationships and sex are important to this generation, like other recent ones. Many children of the seventies and eighties feel the need to fill the cultural void in their lives by exploring the unknown and traveling widely. They see the lurking danger to their future, so the best of them are driven to investigate the roots of our problems. But others may act out their alienation destructively. Examples: Macauley Culkin, Fred Savage.

"Explorers, part two," 1982-84 (Generation X-d) (Uranus and Neptune in Sagittarius, Pluto in Libra) Temperamentally this exuberant group is more like the "mellow ones," but they are also definitely "explorers." They are undisciplined and unfocused, but probably very positive and mature otherwise. This transitional sub-generation will be a great source of visionaries, adventurers, humorists, storytellers, writers and philosophers, but don't look for too many great political leaders.

"The benevolent entrepreneurs," 1984-88 (Generation Y-a) (Uranus in Sagittarius, Neptune in Capricorn, Pluto in Scorpio) This is a more ambitious and well-disciplined group. It will include many far-seeing and important leaders and entrepreneurs. Though most will probably be on the conservative side, many will organize great projects for the public benefit. They feel a great duty to society and Humanity.

"The committed ones," 1988-1995 (Generation Y-b) (Uranus conjunct Neptune in Capricorn, Pluto in Scorpio) This is a group with outstanding potential. It is a very precocious generation, but won't burn itself out in youth. They are steady, persistent, determined, ambitious and passionate. They have great talent in the arts, politics and organization, and they may be the great leaders who lay down lasting foundations for a new age of civilization. On the other hand, some might consider them too cold, calculating, rigid, worldly or obsessed with their own goals.

"The flame throwers," 1996-2003 (Generation Y-c) (Uranus in Aquarius, Neptune in late Capricorn and Aquarius, Pluto in Sagittarius) This will be a very outgoing, irrepressible, exuberant generation, quick to question authority and convention. They will be brilliant intellectuals, inventors, reformers and propagandists.

"The universal free spirits," 2003-2010 (Generation Z-a) (Uranus in Pisces, Neptune in Aquarius, Pluto in Sagittarius/early Capricorn) Their successors will be similar, but more easy-going, sensitive and poetic. They will follow the paths laid down by the previous two generations, but will show greater brilliance in the imaginative arts. As the first of Generation Z, they will teach compassion for Humanity as we all reach the "omega point" of universal human awareness after 2012.

"Lonely rebels," 2011-2018 (Generation Z-b) (Uranus in Aries square Pluto in Capricorn; Neptune in Pisces) This group will be similar to those born in the early 1930s. Like them, they will be confused rebels or lonely seekers in their youth. Growing up in times of crisis, they will insist on breaking free from authorities and blazing their own path, however unsure of where it might lead them. Highly visionary, in later years some of them will be able to adapt and find a powerful leadership position within society.

"Silent searchers," 2018-2025 (Generation Z-c) (Uranus in Taurus, Neptune in Pisces, Pluto in Capricorn) This generation will be very similar to the "silent generation" of the late 1930s. Confused seekers like their elder brothers and sisters, they will quietly keep many of their hopes and dreams to themselves until later in life, when they will effectively act on their desire to help others. But many in this group will be acquisitive and conformist due to their overweening desire for security.

"Green pioneers," 2025-2032 (Generation A-a) Uranus in Gemini trine Pluto in Aquarius; sextile Neptune in Aries. With this generation we start our letter count over again and arrive back at "A" (the last such generation A having lived about 500 years ago). Like the "war babies" of the 1940s, this will be a highly idealistic, inventive, dynamic and creative group determined to change the world. Instead of "dropping out" or protesting against society as their grandparents did, these people will be intensely active and goal-oriented. They will be the young leaders of the "Green Revolution" at mid-century, intent on transforming the world no matter how disruptive it may be to the peace or the status quo.

Leave a comment:

• RedRose
    replied
    Hi Fluffmeister,

Well here is hoping it brings about a mass consciousness awakening, leading to peace on earth, and good will towards all beings!

Below is an interesting take in it!

RedRose

http://www.daykeeperjournal.com/alex.shtml

What will this passage of Pluto over the Galactic Center evoke? We can only wait and see. Some things will be clear as they emerge in the current events of the next two years, but the fruits of the seeds that are planted, the children born now, will not be apparent for a generation.

In the USA, expect a more serious, if bitter, debate over the Constitution and the relative powers of the three branches of government, with a special emphasis on the judiciary, and the role of religion in government. The PATRIOT Act will be an important test of the changes that will be made in the law during Pluto’s time here; it is interesting that the House’s recent one-month prolonging of the current Act is set to expire precisely as Pluto moves to the degree of the Galactic Center. Will we choose “safety” over freedom, and will the government’s powers to observe and direct our lives be increased, or will “liberty” trump fear? Will the people reclaim their sovereign power or continue to allow the slide into fascism represented by the unholy alliance of corporatist wealth with fundamentalist intolerance?

Leave a comment:

• Fluffmeister
    replied
    Originally posted by RedRose
    So Fluffmeister, Monk, Mercuric etc.

What do you make of Pluto being conjunct Galactic Center?

RedRose
    I don't, personally. I'm not saying there isn't a significance, I've just got no idea what it is.

Leave a comment:

• RedRose
    replied
    Pluto conjunct Galactic Center

So Fluffmeister, Monk, Mercuric etc.

What do you make of Pluto being conjunct Galactic Center?

RedRose

Leave a comment:

Working...
X