Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generations - Pluto's dance

Hi all,

I want to talk about these times and the hope I find in astrology ala Pluto. Pluto sends whole generations to earth and because Pluto's orbit is a big oval, some generations last longer than others and they all have their owm personalities and agendas/purposes. For instance. both my parents AND my grandparents were part of the Pluto in Cancer generation. It lasted from 1912-1939. They are a patriotic, Mom and apple pie, they like to be coddled, they can go into denial easily, and their drug is booze.

The WW2 babies, the Baby Boomers, are the Pluto in Leo generation and we are a dramatic generation. Lots of egotists and also lots of heart awakened powerful and good lion hearted folks. Boomers have brought the spot light to what the Cancer generation was hiding in the cultural closet and have instituted many new healing breakthroughs. But those Pluto in Leo egotists in powerful positions are a real bummer.

Now after the Boomers, the generations have come faster.

The Pluto in Virgo generation are those born between 1956-1972.

Pluto in Libra generation, 1973ish-1984.

Pluto in Scorpio, 1983-1995

Pluto in Sag - babies now or not yet born

So my parents and grandparents were of the same generation and my children are of two different generations, astrologically speaking.

Please share about what you notice about your generation. Here is an interesting website to help:

http://www.adze.com/zine/genplut.html

RedRose
    Last edited by RedRose; October 11th, 2005, 09:02 AM.

Hmm, well I'm a Pluto in Libra gal and I've found it to give a love and desire for all things in the creative arts. Just look at the huge explosion of interest in music and movies via the internet (especially once Uranus moved into Aquarius in the mid 1990's).

Then also we also all tend to get up in arms about society and it's ills, but rather than take our parents tack of public protests (very Leo) it seems most of his generation like to work from within so as to not upset the balance needlessly (very Libra). I think there will be a need to also balance the economical and political power of many a nation - maybe the military might will be balanced by equal funds for the arts and education?

And the last thing I predict would be the dissolution of the stangant views of relationships based solely on the strictures of religion - i.e all marriages must be between only two people of two different genders. No, you can have a three person family, two guys or two girls - or many other different combinations. As long as it works, what should your neighbors care?
    Astrology Forum Guide- Do you know YOUR planets?
    Certified Astrologer - AMAFA - through the American Federation of Astrologers

Comment

Pluto in Libra also.

One of the strong things that I've noticed is that art isn't just the visually soothing. It's taken on a very Plutonian air to it. Very sexual and dark. Though most of the artist that first come to mind are part of the Pluto Virgo/Pluto Leo generation, their art first began to gain wider acceptence during the mid-late 70s.

Another thing that I've noticed is that the Libra Pluto generation has taken a whole new very towards relationships than the generations before. Before the 70s, divorce was rare, men were the "head" of the household even though we were far past the feminist movement, and the gender lines/roles were clear. Things have been fuzzy since then. There are no longer any definate roles in relationships of who takes care of what, everything is a trade.

With the current Pluto transits, none of the Libra Pluto generation has come into the square yet. I don't think that those lines that we blurred will start to get some real definition back to them until that. No, I don't think the roles will ever go back to the way that they were, but it's more of a situation where instead of it being "this could be my job, or it could be your job... it doesn't matter what the gender association is with it" it would become "this is my job, and this is your job, dispite what the gender association is"
      Valerie

thanks Faeawyn for the banner
      astrology forum guide

... don't say I didn't warn you.
      ------This is my adopted smilie, I found him passed out on the floor.

How can you say that a oak is more beautiful than an elm, or the mountians more beautiful than the ocean? Everything from the Goddess is beautiful in its own way, but not everyone is going to see the beauty. Don't spend your lives being the mountian that longs to be the ocean.

owner of Random Quote 1419

Comment

Hi KEishin and Valkie,

I think what you are saying about the Pluto in Libra generation is all very true and fascinating. Are you both from the Pluto in Libra generation, Neptune in Sag. sub-generation?

I am from the Neptune in Libra sub-generation of the Pluto in Leo generation. This gets me to thinking about how long term learning and earth changes can flow down through the generations.

My Neptune in Libra 1942-1956 generation only dreamt about what you guys are manifesting. It was our ideal. Likewise what the Pluto in Libra, Neptune in Sag. generation is dreaming up will manifest in the young kids of today, the Pluto in Sag generation.

And it is the Pluto in Virgo, Neptune in Scorpio generation that has a strong connection with the Pltuo in Scorpio, Neptune in Capricorn teens of today. I think we all should reach out to this very small but extremely powerful generation, Pluto in Scorpio packs a pow. Anyone here born between 1984 and 1995?

RedRose

Neptune in Scorpio 1956-1970

Neptune in Sag. 1970 to 1984

Neptune in Capricorn 1984 through 1998
        Last edited by RedRose; October 10th, 2005, 11:51 PM.

Comment

I'm Pluto in Scorpio (1985)....
          I read something that said we're all overly obsessed with sex

Anyone have any better info that that?

Comment

Hi Belle Terre,

You tell me. Do you think your generation is more obsessed with sex than other teens down through the eras? Death? Dark? Power? Evil?

Yes, all those things are the downside of Scorpio and Pluto. I'm not talking about the sex part, rather I mean the "obsessed" part, you understand.

You belong to a small generation, a small band of warriors. Warriors for love or for fear. Pluto loves Scorpio, so those who can use power well and for the good, will have various Scorpio super powers (psychic gifts) and pull off the amazing upside of Scorpio - the Wizard archtype in essence. There are many indigo children, and other sorts of kids who are not "neuro-typical" in the Pluto in Scorpio generation - ETs among us?

RedRose
            Last edited by RedRose; October 11th, 2005, 01:49 AM.

Comment

RedRose you always bring out such good topics!
              I'm Pluto in Libra, with Neptune in Sag and Uranus in Scorpio...

As an artist I can definitely relate to Valkie's comments about art... I'm a painter and collage artist, and I know my own work has an emotionally raw element. It's not about making something pretty, it's my way of dealing with my "stuff", one of the few areas I feel I can really expose my soul safely. The music of my generation seems much the same... edgy, angsty and yeah in some cases even "whiny". LOL And after you scream right along with it, you feel a little better. At least I do...

As far as relationships go, I won't settle for any less than a partnership of equals. No little woman here. But like the others have said, so called "traditional" partnerships are really losing their appeal. I know many of us are finding that we have multiple soul mates out there and struggling with the implications that that represents... I personally have no problem with any form of relationship between consenting adults: gay marriage, polyamory, etc. I'm all for the "do what you want and let others do the same".

That carries over to the political arena as well... I think a lot of us have strong views about things, particularly when it comes to social issues and personal liberties, but in politics that "live and let live" attitude that makes us a generally tolerant bunch often stops us from making our voice heard. We're so detestful of people that push their views on others that we don't want to try to do the same; end result is that we often find ourselves living under the rules of those who want to enforce their beliefs on everyone else. Oh irony...

I definitely feel a strong connection to Neptune in Sagittarius as well... RedRose and some others will remember my stellium there with Vesta and Pallas. I definitely feel a real urge to know why I'm here and what I'm supposed to do with my life. I want it to be meaningful, I want to understand the lessons that my soul has set up for me. To that end I've been delving into esoteric astrology lately and found myself fascinated with it. I also feel that paganism and alternative religions in general are flourishing in our generation... many people are starting to realize that there's one than just one path to the Divine or enlightenment or what have you. It's a wonderful thing.

As for Uranus in Scorpio, I think that's another area which pushes our generation to spread its mystical wings as it were. But it also makes for some pretty unusual sexual/romantic situations, especially for those of us who have it in the 5th house! It definitely gives me bursts of creativity and the textbook definition about "intuitive flashes" fits to a T. I think I feel it more strongly than most since mine's in a T-Square though...
              "The fault is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings."

Comment

There you are Kadynas! So glad to see you again. Was wondering if you were still posting here.

You know it is hard for me to relate to, or even remember, how darn unequal the sex roles were when I was a child (late 50s early 60s). They had two different "wants ads" in the newspapers, jobs for men and jobs for women. Nurse, teacher, waitress were your choices back then. Marriage and motherhood were every girl's prime directive and they called us "girls" until menopause. Don't bother to even mention it to yourself if you happen to be gay.

At the beginning of the 60s Rebellion women were called "birds" in the UK and "chicks" in the USA. This all spawned the Feminist Movement of the early 70s. I remember I was in my late teens and early twenties and pushing for equal rights but also wishing to be in a relationship with a man. Of course the vast majprity of men were not yet feminist in the least, and they were not happy in the least to have "their" women being do cocky, so to speak. With Neptune in Libra, the longing and dream of equal relationships was there but the reality wasn't yet. It was hard and heartbreaking and many of us didn't pull off anything like equal relationship until mid-life or later, probably much helped by the Pluto in Libra power of our kids.

RedRose
                Last edited by RedRose; October 11th, 2005, 09:04 AM.

Comment

The Pluto in Scorpio generation are presently age 10-20 and again I believe that all of us should be paying a lot of attention to them. Scorpios are extra powerful at the 2nd and 6th chakras but unless they open their hearts they will not be perking on all levels. Scorpios who can't open their hearts are distorted and can be dangerous, to themsleves at least. Those who can open their hearts are meta-powerful. They need initiating. They need to be told they have a big purpose and they need to be held to the highest ethical standards - they love being tested and fight back when they are ignored. They are secretive and you have to go after them but they are worth it. The Harry Potter books were written for this generation.

Many Pluto in Scorpio kids have Pluto in Virgo, Neptune in Scorpio, parents. The Pluto in Virgo generation, often called Generation X, were too young to particpate much in the 60s Rebellion and they have lived so far in the shadow of the Boomers. Nobody talks about them but they too are a very important force for change....partly because they birthed the Pluto in Scorpio generation.

RedRose
                  Last edited by RedRose; October 11th, 2005, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Yes, I'm of the Neptune in Sag subset, and like Kadynas, Uranus in Scorpio and the Neptune/asteroid stellium too! We have almost identical charts, down to the houses - we were born about 15 days apart in almost the same location. Funny how we both ended up here! :D

It's interesting, because she and I are both artists - graphic designers as I recall. Like her, I my art is one of the places I can "escape," where no one is watching and caring what I do or say there. Unless of course I want to sell it. (That's my Taurus sun talking!) But even then, there seems to be a purging going on in my generation, where all the collective repressed emotions are having to come out, through art, music or other forms of expression. Libra is asking for balance so we're doing our best to provide that. Look at the all the 'alternative music' and how often it's full of teenage angst, while my parents (of the Pluto in Leo, Neptune in Libra gen.) had all the classic, romantic love songs.

And don't even TRY to tell me that I can't do something because I'm a woman. You better have a long head start and be wearing running shoes! If a guy can do it, then I can too - which is that balance thing again. Even if I don't WANT to, I like to know that I can if so choose. And it goes both ways; if a man wants to be the primary parent that's fine with me. Just as long as somebody takes care of the kids.

Your point is well made about Pluto in Scorpio folks - they are definitely on a different wavelength. My cousin's five children were all born with that and they have such a deep intensity to their playing even, that it's scary at times. Of course most of them were also born while Chiron was squaring Pluto which could really shake things up too!
                    Astrology Forum Guide- Do you know YOUR planets?
                    Certified Astrologer - AMAFA - through the American Federation of Astrologers

Comment

Wow, and you are both such excellent astrologers! Sharing transits with someone is so amazing. My nextdoor neighbor and I have the very same Taurus 22* Rising and all our houses are basically the same. She is very skilled at astrology and we rarely speak English to each other - rather we speak Astrolo-ease. We share how Mar going retrograde on our Ascendant FEELS. We both have 12th House Mars, but otherwise our planets and purposes are very different. Great way to learn depth astrology!

RedRose

Comment

RE: Pluto in Libra Generation:

There is a joke about the Libra boss who puts two evil people and three energy-suckers on your team for the sake of balance.

I admit that I have worried, at times, that the Pluto in Libra generation have been exploring, through art at least, the false teaching that dark and light are equal and opposites and require balance.

Actually, shine light at darkness and darkness disspells. Shine dark at lightness and dark also disspells. There is ONLY light power, dark has no power or reality except being light that is somewhat "darker" or heavier. Matter is energy too, but not evil juist because it is dark and dense.

RedRose
                        Last edited by RedRose; October 11th, 2005, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Humm, thanks for all the info of the Pluto in Scorpios. Quite interesting

Comment

Hey wait Belle Terre....did any of it resonate? What is your experience of the Pluto in Scorpio generation, can you give us the inside scoop?

By the way, to find how you personally connect into your generation's purpose, find your Pluto in your chart. Where is yours? What sign and house?

RedRose

Comment

Originally posted by RedRose
                              RE: Pluto in Libra Generation:

There is a joke about the Libra boss who puts two evil people and three energy-suckers on your team for the sake of balance.

I admit that I have worried, at times, that the Pluto in Libra generation have been exploring, through art at least, the false teaching that dark and light are equal and opposites and require balance.

Actually, shine light at darkness and darkness disspells. Shine dark at lightness and dark also disspells. There is ONLY light power, dark has no power or reality except being light that is somewhat "darker" or heavier. Matter is energy too, but not evil juist because it is dark and dense.

RedRose
                              I do see a lot of that... Even on certain threads here, you'll see a lot of people calling others "fluffy bunnies" because they only want to focus on the "light" side of things. To me, I would consider that "balance" of light & dark to be more a psychological thing, like the concept of the "shadow": realizing that we have both light and dark sides to our nature and embracing both so that we can be more integrated and whole instead of "projecting" the bad stuff onto "everyone else".
                              "The fault is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings."

Comment

Working...
                              X