North Nodes - our soul's agenda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Nodes - our soul's agenda

North/South Node work is my favorite thing. However, it is not an easy area because it pushes us to change and learn. When doing horoscopes for people who are not particularly on a spirtual growth path, I have learned to talk about the North Node very lightly and gradually. When the person is an elder, I might not mention it at all, because who wants to learn that they forgot to do what they were suppose to do this life and who am I to tell someone such a thing?

Again our North and South Nodes are an opposition. Whatever sign your North Node is in, your South Node is in the opposite sign (Aries-Libra, Taurus-Scorpio, Gemini-Sagittarius, Cancer-Capricorn, Leo-Aquarius, Virgo-Pisces...or vice versa, Libra-Aries, Scorpio-Taurus and so forth).

Your North Node is where your soul is trying to go, what it is here to learn this life and your South Node is where your soul has achieved some mastery in past lives.

Thus if you have an Aquairus North Node this life, you have a Leo South Node and you were probably a King, a Queen, or a Rock Star, or other famous public person in your past life or lives. You have charisma and you kind of expect everyone to simply "get that" about you and respond to your powers. Problem is, all those great Leo skills don't work for you this life. You have them, you are good at them, but they don't work anymore because your soul wants to learn NEW skills and evolve.

With an Aquarius North Node, you need to learn how to do group, not worry about shining as an individual. You are here to be an innovator, to be a paradigm shifter, a non-leader leader, to develop deep friendships, to fight authoritarianism and egotism. You still get to be special, but only by understanding that everyone is special and by dedicating yourself to win/win/win dynamics.

So look at your chart and find your North Node. Start by just considering the sign it is in. We will consider what Houses your Nodes are in a bit later. Whatever sign it is in, your South Node is in the opposite sign. What do you see?

RedRose

Ok, I'll play. No clue what I'm doing though! :D
    North Node: Taurus (a bit Aries too)
    South Node: Scorpio (I'm assuming with a bit of Libra thrown in)

In the past, I was good at being mysterious. I've mastered how to keep secrets, and grudges (both true), and have a finely toned ability to manipulate, which I think is fine. Manipulation is not a dirty word! Of course, I also have the habit and keeping parts of me sectioned off from everyone-I don't feel comfortable exposing certain things to daylight. I was reading and it was mentioned Scorpios may have a 'thing' for death (physical or just major changes)....I'm comfortable in cemetaries (really like them, actually) and it's easy for me to change things in my life. In fact, it's more of a necessity-I'm a military brat, and love moving. It seems like I've picked up a lot of habits....I think the Libra comes in in that I'm good at sweet-talking people into liking me (goes along with manipulation) and I'm a bit obsessive about relationships in this life. *pouts* It annoys me that I've never had a boyfriend.
    So that's where I'm coming from.
    As to where I'm going-Taurus with a bit of Aries. Those would be my moon and sun signs, respectively. As RedRose already said,
    Taurus North Node folk are here to create exquisite intimacy, to radiate high values, to create stable environments, cozy homes and worlds, and model ethical prosperity.
    Hmmm....as nice as mysteriousness is, it's not exactly cozy. I probably need to work on making people feel more comfortable around me (people tell me I'm intimidating, but I try not to be-it's silly what some people are intimidated by!). The intimacy I'm here to create seconds the idea of no secrets. I've already started doing that....I don't think anyone knows *all* of me, but the people I love know a lot. A cozy world-well, I'd like to be a diplomat so it'd be nice to stabilize the planet! The Aries bit implies I should be willing to be a leader, probably be a leader in creating coziness!!! *grin* That's all I have-this is fun. :D
    *Sylv*

"You've taken her, but You haven't got me yet. I know Your cunning. It's You who take us up to a high place and offer us the whole universe. You're a devil, God, tempting us to leap."
    -Graham Greene, The End of the Affair

"But in fact nature, like a most indulgent mother, has placed her best gifts out in the open, like air, water and the earth itself; vain and unprofitable things she has hidden away in remote places."
    -Thomas More, Utopia

Comment

how interesting . . .

hmm, i'm the opposite of sylv. nn scorpio, w/uranus on the same degree, sn taurus. venus is also hanging out near nn, 2 degrees away. so i need to learn how to be mysterious, manipulative, & be ok w/death & change? i guess especially change, due to uranus.

i do have a horrible jealous streak, which i try to keep to myself. not that that works. although i'm not proud of it, i have been known to "back-stab" rivals in subtle ways. the uranus being there i'm sure is important, but in the context of scorpio & conjunction w/venus, i'm a little overwhelmed trying to sort out all that information. maybe i'm supposed to learn to be kinky in this life?
      Last edited by banondraig; December 29th, 2003, 08:27 AM. Reason: edited because my touchpad hates me.
      “A book must be the pick ax that shatters the frozen sea within us.”

-Franz Kafka

sigpic
      Thanks to Lilith Morgaine for the gorgeous Book Club banners! :yourock:

“For a wise, a knowing and a learned people are the least likely of any in the world to be enslaved.”
      —Samuel Webster, 1777

To change one's life:
      Start immediately.
      Do it flamboyantly.
      No exceptions.
      - William James

Check out my new place! http://baile-dragan.myminicity.com/ind/

Comment

Hi RedRose,
        Do we look at the Houses or Signs. You described my Houses it was in. But My north node is 02' in Pisces and that would make it Pisces and Virgo. Can you tell me that? Plus one more thing. My first House is in two signs Mostly Capricorn and the rest in Aquarius.Don't you have to look at both signs then?
        Last edited by Autumn Clair; December 29th, 2003, 09:53 AM.

http://mailartinternational.forumco.com/default.asp
        I trade so much my address is "The Post Office"
        I enjoy trading atc's, collage pages, traveling journals, matchbox fills, pen pal letters, postcards and much more.............

Comment

Yes, you guys have got the method here. According to astrology, your soul is here to develop the positive traits of your Node North sign and let go of the negative traits of your South Node signs. It is great for the purpose of comparison that you two have flipped Nodes too.

From Jan Spiller's "Astrology For the Soul":

North Node in Taurus
          ATTRIBUTES TO DEVELOP:

Loyalty

Awareness of boundaries

Taking things one step at a time

A sense of self worth

Awareness of personal values

Patience

Honoring expressed needs of self and other

Enjoying the 5 physical senses

Gratitude

Awareness of nurturing from Mother Earth

Forgiveness

Persistence

TENDENCIES TO LEAVE BEHIND

Attraction to crisis situations

Overconcern with other people's business

Impatience

Inappropriate intensity

Judgemental tendancies

Preoccupations with the psychological motivations of others

Resistance to cooperating with what other people want

Overreacting

Destroying something in order to eliminate one part

Obsessive-compulsive tendancies

NN in Scorpio
          ATTRIBUTES TO DEVELOP:

Self-discipline

Choosing constructive change

Releasing whatever causes stagnation and low energy

Eliminating non-useful possessions

Enjoying things without having to own them

Accepting support from others (ideas, money, opportunities)

Enjoying high-risk situations that make one feel alive

Awareness of other's psychology (their desires, wants, needs and motives)

Openess to partnering, supporting, and merging power with others

TENDENCIES TO LEAVE BEHIND

Attachment to comfort and the status quo

Possessiveness

Overconcern with accumulation and ownership

Questioning past decisions

Stubborness

Getting bogged down in sensual appetites

Repeatedly doing things one way (the hard way) even though another way is easier

Resistance to change and other people's imput

RedRose

Comment

Originally posted by RedRose
            From Jan Spiller's "Astrology For the Soul":
            I love that book! Don't have it anymore though...must've lost it when I moved. However I still have a copy of her "New Moon Astrology" which has a section on the Nodes.
            My North Node is 04 Libra (/very loosely/ conjunct Pluto at 14 Libra), and South Node is at 04 Aries across the 4th and 10th houses... Per Jan Spiller, Libra North Node people are: Learning to relax their focus on personal survival, Challenged with a tendency to project their standards onto others, Learning tac and diplomacy, Overcoming self-consciousness by learning to focus their attention on others, Learning to be sensitive to the feelings of others, Discovering the strength of teamwork.

I would mostly agree with this, however the thing that puzzles me is that my Sun, while not conjunct my south node, is also in Aries...so pretty much I'm supposed to be moving opposite of my basic nature?? Also I'll be interested when you get to house interpretation, since my north node is in the 4th, which would seem to put more of an emphasis on family life, while sometimes I think that I'm too dependent on my family and need to break away. I also do not plan on having any children (and I have the moon in the 4th! ) so I tend to be more focused on my career and my upcoming marriage than the traditional family issues. In short I totally agree that I need to work with Libra issues, but I'm not sure how the 4th and 10th houses fit into this for someone like me - a balance of family and career? Or should I be leaning towards one or the other? The only thing that seems to strike me is that I would love to work for myself at home...
            "The fault is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings."

Comment

Your North Node is where your soul is trying to go, what it is here to learn this life and your South Node is where your soul has achieved some mastery in past lives.
              Ok, my NN is Virgo & SN is Pisces.
              I do have alot of persnickey Virgo tenances, like details and perfection.
              To the point of making myself crazy.

So, I'm suppose to be going opposite of my sun sign (Pisces)?
              No wonder I feel like a fish out of water at times...

And I also wonder if this may have alot to do with an attraction with Virgo's being friends & lovers.

No Regrets!
              Global Glasses

"You can dislike who you wish, hate what you want, or you can practice love, respect and understanding." ~Flar

"I don't abandon or dislike people for hope or love or who they are as a person. Life is too short for that." ~Dru

"When you assume, you make an ass outta you and me" ~ Someone's very intelligent Aunt
              "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

MysticWicks Candle Altar

Compassion is the highest virtue!
              ~ ~ ~

Witchy links 4 You!
              Welcome to my World!
              Something Special!

Do you ever wonder what I wish for?

Want fast, custom web content without writing a single word?

Comment

So... here's one for you. I looked into karmic astrology at one time... confused the hell out of me for this simple reason.

The site that I went to said that the sun placement in karmic also indicated where we needed our soul to grow and to focus our attention of developing the better qualities of that sign. I've got a Taurus sun & SN in Taurus. nope... couldn't figure that one out

Valerie
                Valerie

thanks Faeawyn for the banner
                astrology forum guide

... don't say I didn't warn you.
                ------This is my adopted smilie, I found him passed out on the floor.

How can you say that a oak is more beautiful than an elm, or the mountians more beautiful than the ocean? Everything from the Goddess is beautiful in its own way, but not everyone is going to see the beauty. Don't spend your lives being the mountian that longs to be the ocean.

owner of Random Quote 1419

Comment

Dear All,

Having your Sun in the sign of your South Node isn't that different from being a Full Moon baby, where your Sun and Moon are in opposition. When in doubt, do it all.

Or another way to look at it is, that it is time to practice the good qualities of your Sun and South Node and really let go of those bad/extreme traits, while also learning the positive North Node traits.

For instance, Kadynas is a go getter Aries, but she needs this life to develop Libra partnership and mediation abilities as well, drop the ego driven Aries thing. Flora is a magical and sensitive Pisces, who is here to bring order out of chaos, and be of service and healing. Valkie needs to create strong Taurus values and earn by the sweat of his brow, but he also needs to be a sorcerer and learn how to manifest ala Scorpio.

RedRose
                  Last edited by RedRose; December 30th, 2003, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Dear Autumn Clair,

Pisces North Node by Jan Spiller
                    ATTRIBUTES TO DEVELOP:

Being non-judgemental

Compassion

Surrendering anxiety to a Higher Power

Freeing the mind through meditation and self-reflection

Focusing on the spiritual path

Trusting in positive outcomes

Acknowledging connection with the universe

Welcoming change

TENDANCIES TO LEAVE BEHIND

Hyperanxiety reactions

Overanalysis

Obsessive worry

Exaggerating the importance of details

Critical first reactions

Fault finding - making others wrong

Excessive anxiety over making mistakes

Being Ms. or Mr. Perfect

Staying in unpleasant situations

Inflexibilty

RedRose
                    Last edited by RedRose; December 30th, 2003, 02:50 AM.

Comment

According to Jan Spiller, "Astrology For the Soul"

Taurus North Node folk were often the top consort and advisor of a powerful person in their past lives. They long to merge completely with someone but this life they need to develop autonomy and self empowerment before they can experience true union. They need to control their own resources, not manipulate or misuse their powers, spend more time understanding themselves and less time psychologically delving into others.

Scorpio North Node folk, according to Jan Spiller, come into this life too stuck in their ways. They need to learn to let go, listen to other's opinions, be less stubborn and be less attached to owning and accumulating stuff. They want money, but need to learn how to manifest and use other people's resources, and welcome help and support from others.

Pisces North Node folk spent many past lives as healers, doctors and nurses. They had to "do it right" and not make mistakes but this life they need to be more mystical and practice faith.

Virgo North Node people have an innate awareness of the spiritual realms from their past lives, and higher realms. This life they need to focus on this realm, the here and now, creating order out of chaos and being a healing force.

RedRose
                      Last edited by RedRose; December 30th, 2003, 03:40 AM.

Comment

I'm the opposite of Flora. I have a N Node in Pisces and South Node in Virgo. Hey, Flora

I enjoy trading atc's, collage pages, traveling journals, matchbox fills, pen pal letters, postcards and much more.............

Comment

Originally posted by Autumn Clair
                          Hi RedRose,
                          Do we look at the Houses or Signs. You described my Houses it was in. But My north node is 02' in Pisces and that would make it Pisces and Virgo. Can you tell me that? Plus one more thing. My first House is in two signs Mostly Capricorn and the rest in Aquarius.Don't you have to look at both signs then?
                          Dear Autumn Clair,

The Sign that the North Node is in shows us "what" we need to develop this life to forward our souls. The House shows us "where" in our life we need to especially work on manifesting these qualities. So an Aquarius NN person is here to drop being center stage, fight egotism, and facilitate group process, and win/win/win (non-dualistic) dynamics.

If her NN is in the 10th House, that is a career thing. If it is in the 3rd House, she needs to communicate it or teach it. In the 8th House, she does it in more magical, mystical, wizard ways.

RedRose

Comment

Originally posted by RedRose
                            Dear Autumn Clair,

Pisces North Node by Jan Spiller
                            ATTRIBUTES TO DEVELOP:

Being non-judgemental

Compassion

Surrendering anxiety to a Higher Power

Freeing the mind through meditation and self-reflection

Focusing on the spiritual path

Trusting in positive outcomes

Acknowledging connection with the universe

Welcoming change

TENDANCIES TO LEAVE BEHIND

Hyperanxiety reactions

Overanalysis

Obsessive worry

Exaggerating the importance of details

Critical first reactions

Fault finding - making others wrong

Excessive anxiety over making mistakes

Being Ms. or Mr. Perfect

Staying in unpleasant situations

Inflexibilty

RedRose

Thanks your the best

Comment

Originally posted by Autumn Clair
                              Hey, Flora
                              Hello Autumn Clair!

No Regrets!
                              Global Glasses

"You can dislike who you wish, hate what you want, or you can practice love, respect and understanding." ~Flar

"I don't abandon or dislike people for hope or love or who they are as a person. Life is too short for that." ~Dru

"When you assume, you make an ass outta you and me" ~ Someone's very intelligent Aunt
                              "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

MysticWicks Candle Altar

Compassion is the highest virtue!
                              ~ ~ ~

Witchy links 4 You!
                              Welcome to my World!
                              Something Special!

Do you ever wonder what I wish for?

Want fast, custom web content without writing a single word?

Comment

Working...
                              X