X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RedRose
    replied
    Shatril,

I run into this situation often while giving reading to grown ups and I never push elders to receive readings, not unless they are seriously asking...hey, they either did the work or they didn't. Scopes should be used as blueprints, not report cards. That said, most grown ups I study have done their Saturn work and are living their NNs too.

NN in Scorpio in the 2nd is about "manifesting" money and stuff, because earning it the old way tends to not work. With Chiron conjunct NN you are a healer and teacher and astrologer and warrior this life, but you won't make any money in these roles until after 50 ( or maybe never directly). You will successfully teach others how to be successful though!

NN/Chiron in the 2nd also gives you a COSMIC connection to the Earth Mama Gaia.

My partner has Scorpio NN and it often appears that having more money would solve all problems for him, but actually what happens involves others and magic. For instance, he gets offered the use of our neighbor's woodshop, stuffed with every tool and sitting unused.

RedRose
    Last edited by RedRose; November 8th, 2007, 10:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Shatril
    replied
    Uh OH Taurus NN

I had Jan Spiller's book on my shelf of yet to be read books. I pulled it down and went at it.

I have Taurus NN in 8th house with Chiron in lose conjunction like 9° orb, and Scorpio SN in 2th house with nothing close to it. When I looked at the list:

Taurus NN

Attributes to Develp
    • Loyalty
    • Awareness of boundaries
    • Taking things one step at a time
    • A sense of self-worth
    • Awareness of personal values
    • Patience
    • Honoring expressed needs of self and others
    • Enjoying the five physical senses
    • Gratitude
    • Awaremenss of nurturing from Mother Earth
    • Forgiveness
    • Persistence

Tendencies to Leave Behind
    • Attrcation to crisis situations
    • Overconcern with other people's business
    • Impatience
    • Inappropriate intensity
    • Judgemental tendencies
    • Preoccupation with the psychological motivations of others
    • Resistance to cooperating with what others want
    • Overreacting
    • Destroying somthing in order to eliminate one part

I went into complete denial. I'm going well you know I don't have those tendencies, and I already have most of those qualities. Then I remembered that I've live a good many years, so I looked back to earlier times. Sure enough those were all things that were part of my life, or I lacked them in my early life. I have to note at this point that about the time of my first Satrun Return, many of these things changed and for one good reason; I finally got some self-esteem.

So now I don't have to look up your NN and SN do I RedRose, as it is listed here. I'm going to leave this here for now, but when the activity slows down on this thread I"m going to move it to the Astrology Guide.

Off to see what Chiron Conjunct NN might mean. I already think I know, but want to confirm it.

Shatril
    Last edited by Shatril; November 8th, 2007, 02:59 PM. Reason: Used wrong Sign for NN

Leave a comment:

• RedRose
    replied
    Hi Shatril and all,

Here is that great thread on North Nodes.

RedRose

Leave a comment:

• business voodoo
    replied
    i quite agree with you, orbs are relative to the entire chart and often, unfortunately, socialized reinforcement of certain flows of energy in an individual ... e.g., a loose opposition in one person's chart where conflict was the rule and not the exception in their parents' house, can have more impact than a tight opposition in a house of say more trinal energy.

Leave a comment:

• proxieme
    replied
    Thanks bv :D

That seems to hold quite true for me -
    I've noticed that when my environment isn't "aligned" with the core-of-me (and I do nothing about it or continue to attempt to fit myself into the mold), I get very depressed very quickly. That applies even if the environment might look "ideal" to those outside of my situation. In order to regain my center, I must pull away and realign myself (sometimes violently).

That's actually sort of the great thing about these aspects: They've forced me to discover that I have the strength mind and will to do the above; they've forced me to see just how much inner transformative power I hold rather than allow me to entirely drift with the flow of life.

Here's my chart (just in case seeing that might help to make the above any less foggy )

You'll notice that some of the aforementioned aspects are a little loose - I agree, but I also tend to go with the philosophy that an aspect you can feel is an aspect that's real (if the orb's in question).
    Last edited by proxieme; August 13th, 2006, 12:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• business voodoo
    replied
    Originally posted by proxieme
    Quick question: Both my SN and NN are sq to my Uranus (at Scorpio in the 1st) and both are favorably aspected by my Neptune/Pars Fortunae conj (the NN's trine and the SN's sextile) - what might that indicate?
    do things your way ... maintain your alignment with the universal truth and things should go smoothly, if they do not, regain your balance and center and push against the flow of what is 'not' in alignment with the universal truth. the uranus is a push (square), neptune is naturally going to be well aligned ... uranus will push to adjust the environment to align with the personal truth.

Leave a comment:

• proxieme
    replied
    The way in which our charts are set up to push us along (and give us some things to push against) always manages to infinitely amaze me.

Like my 10th House NN's @ 29d Leo conj. my (Rx) Leo Mars (and in an out-of-sign conj. w/ my 3d Virgo Jupiter); and trine my 2nd House Saggi Neptune and Pars Fortunae. My Pisces Sun's in the 5th, which I imagine'll only help that energy.
    But, then, there're energies in my chart (above and beyone the 4th House SN) pulling away from that: my Moon (in the 3rd) is in the same sign as my SN (though, interestingly, on the other end of the spectrum - it's at 1 degree while my SN's at 29 degrees); my 11th House Saturn in Virgo pushes a feeling of seperateness (helped along by my 1st house Uranus); and my Pisces Sun - though in the 5th - has to get warmed up to "boasting and song".

Quick question: Both my SN and NN are sq to my Uranus (at Scorpio in the 1st) and both are favorably aspected by my Neptune/Pars Fortunae conj (the NN's trine and the SN's sextile) - what might that indicate?

Leave a comment:

• Agaliha
    replied
    Wow, there are a lot of similarities when I use the Sidreal.
    Same Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Ascendent, Midheaven and Node
    And the other ones are only a sign off either way (I think).
    Interesting!

Leave a comment:

• business voodoo
    replied
    no, no cool bowl, just a simple arrow ... the similarities are interesting .... i've attached a pdf of the chart i consider to be the closest 'imprint of me' ...
    Last edited by business voodoo; August 11th, 2006, 12:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Agaliha
    replied
    The North node: I did my chart on cafeastrology.com and it said:
    South node Aries. So I'm assuming the North is Libra.
    SEEN HERE

Then on the Astro.com chart for the Tropical one is said "True Node -- Taurus"

I don't know which one is right.
    The Sidreal one said Aries I think.

Wow, trippy- the similaries. Do you have a bowl shape too?

Leave a comment:

• business voodoo
    replied
    ... i just looked at your initial post ... you indicated north node in libra and the chart you posted a link to has the north node in aries ... don't know if that helps? i have that same configuration ... also in the 9th house ... just this year i have begun to understand and relate that to configuration to myself. with the sun in the 2nd house as well, that's likely where the challenge of relating to the the aries north node lies ....

we have many chart similarities as i was also born in the Pac NW but on 17 Sept. about 2 decades before, and at 4:26 a.m. (although 4:19 am was the time i used to incorrectly remember as my birth time ... so that freaked me out a bit!)

Leave a comment:

• Agaliha
    replied
    I'll read that thread in a sec.

The Aries-Libra aspects don't seem to click with me, which is what I mentioned before.

Leave a comment:

• business voodoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Agaliha
    So both are valid and give infomation and insight about the person. Interesting. I'll have to read all about my other side then!
    i liken it to the type of perception/reality shifts they depicted in the matrix ... definitely check out the thread on our discussion of the sidereal.

Leave a comment:

• business voodoo
    replied
    agaliha ... not really ... if you check out the discussion on the thread started by red rose on sidereal ... side real? i think its entitled, we are discussing the differences and how i use the two different zodiacs to look at the individual ... read the aries/libra node info and see how it strikes you ...

Leave a comment:

• Agaliha
    replied
    Well I found this--

Question:
    If both systems are valid astrological systems, then what side of myself is my Vedic chart showing me, and what side is the Tropical chart showing? My tropical chart indicates certain characteristics that seem to fit, but so does the vedic chart.

Answer:
    It's a good question. The answer can only be speculative. I've heard that some people believe that the Western chart represents the level of the personality and the Vedic chart represents the level of the soul. This makes sense to some extent since the Western chart emphasizies the Sun/Earth relationship, the seasons, which are temporal conditions on earth. This could be considered a more surface value like the personality. The Vedic chart emphasizes the actual star constellations which is a more cosmic indication, irrespective of the seasons. This could be considered a deeper value like the soul. Since I don't practice Western astrology I can't comment from experience of working with the Tropical system. I believe that both systems can give accurate information relative to their vantage point of looking at the same celestial phenomenon.
    http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com...ish-012606.htm
    So both are valid and give infomation and insight about the person. Interesting. I'll have to read all about my other side then!
    Last edited by Agaliha; August 10th, 2006, 03:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X