No announcement yet.

North Nodes - our soul's agenda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, there are a lot of similarities when I use the Sidreal.
    Same Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Ascendent, Midheaven and Node
    And the other ones are only a sign off either way (I think).
    Interesting!

Comment

The way in which our charts are set up to push us along (and give us some things to push against) always manages to infinitely amaze me.

Like my 10th House NN's @ 29d Leo conj. my (Rx) Leo Mars (and in an out-of-sign conj. w/ my 3d Virgo Jupiter); and trine my 2nd House Saggi Neptune and Pars Fortunae. My Pisces Sun's in the 5th, which I imagine'll only help that energy.
      But, then, there're energies in my chart (above and beyone the 4th House SN) pulling away from that: my Moon (in the 3rd) is in the same sign as my SN (though, interestingly, on the other end of the spectrum - it's at 1 degree while my SN's at 29 degrees); my 11th House Saturn in Virgo pushes a feeling of seperateness (helped along by my 1st house Uranus); and my Pisces Sun - though in the 5th - has to get warmed up to "boasting and song".

Quick question: Both my SN and NN are sq to my Uranus (at Scorpio in the 1st) and both are favorably aspected by my Neptune/Pars Fortunae conj (the NN's trine and the SN's sextile) - what might that indicate?
      Patience is passion tamed.
      -----
      Reavers ate my gorram ship!

Comment

Originally posted by proxieme
        Quick question: Both my SN and NN are sq to my Uranus (at Scorpio in the 1st) and both are favorably aspected by my Neptune/Pars Fortunae conj (the NN's trine and the SN's sextile) - what might that indicate?
        do things your way ... maintain your alignment with the universal truth and things should go smoothly, if they do not, regain your balance and center and push against the flow of what is 'not' in alignment with the universal truth. the uranus is a push (square), neptune is naturally going to be well aligned ... uranus will push to adjust the environment to align with the personal truth.
        peace & harmony,
        elaine
        'freedom must be exercised to stay in shape!'
        ... visit my blog ... business voodoo

**** LISTEN TO THE sideREAL world ***
        Now available on PodCast
        next LIVE show on SATURDAY ... 17 MARCH 2K7
        5:30 P.M. PST
        "On Da Moon"

"as long as the youth of the world is taught what to think instead of how to think, liberation from ignorance - the problem of the era - will not be achieved." manley p. hall

... do you want to hear some good music ...

sigpichttp://www.blogtalkradio.com/blackpantyhoes

Comment

Thanks bv :D

That seems to hold quite true for me -
          I've noticed that when my environment isn't "aligned" with the core-of-me (and I do nothing about it or continue to attempt to fit myself into the mold), I get very depressed very quickly. That applies even if the environment might look "ideal" to those outside of my situation. In order to regain my center, I must pull away and realign myself (sometimes violently).

That's actually sort of the great thing about these aspects: They've forced me to discover that I have the strength mind and will to do the above; they've forced me to see just how much inner transformative power I hold rather than allow me to entirely drift with the flow of life.

Here's my chart (just in case seeing that might help to make the above any less foggy )

You'll notice that some of the aforementioned aspects are a little loose - I agree, but I also tend to go with the philosophy that an aspect you can feel is an aspect that's real (if the orb's in question).
          Last edited by proxieme; August 13th, 2006, 12:06 PM.
          Patience is passion tamed.
          -----
          Reavers ate my gorram ship!

Comment

i quite agree with you, orbs are relative to the entire chart and often, unfortunately, socialized reinforcement of certain flows of energy in an individual ... e.g., a loose opposition in one person's chart where conflict was the rule and not the exception in their parents' house, can have more impact than a tight opposition in a house of say more trinal energy.
            peace & harmony,
            elaine
            'freedom must be exercised to stay in shape!'
            ... visit my blog ... business voodoo

**** LISTEN TO THE sideREAL world ***
            Now available on PodCast
            next LIVE show on SATURDAY ... 17 MARCH 2K7
            5:30 P.M. PST
            "On Da Moon"

"as long as the youth of the world is taught what to think instead of how to think, liberation from ignorance - the problem of the era - will not be achieved." manley p. hall

... do you want to hear some good music ...

sigpichttp://www.blogtalkradio.com/blackpantyhoes

Comment

Hi Shatril and all,

Here is that great thread on North Nodes.

RedRose

Comment

Uh OH Taurus NN

I had Jan Spiller's book on my shelf of yet to be read books. I pulled it down and went at it.

I have Taurus NN in 8th house with Chiron in lose conjunction like 9° orb, and Scorpio SN in 2th house with nothing close to it. When I looked at the list:

Taurus NN

Attributes to Develp
                • Loyalty
                • Awareness of boundaries
                • Taking things one step at a time
                • A sense of self-worth
                • Awareness of personal values
                • Patience
                • Honoring expressed needs of self and others
                • Enjoying the five physical senses
                • Gratitude
                • Awaremenss of nurturing from Mother Earth
                • Forgiveness
                • Persistence

Tendencies to Leave Behind
                • Attrcation to crisis situations
                • Overconcern with other people's business
                • Impatience
                • Inappropriate intensity
                • Judgemental tendencies
                • Preoccupation with the psychological motivations of others
                • Resistance to cooperating with what others want
                • Overreacting
                • Destroying somthing in order to eliminate one part

I went into complete denial. I'm going well you know I don't have those tendencies, and I already have most of those qualities. Then I remembered that I've live a good many years, so I looked back to earlier times. Sure enough those were all things that were part of my life, or I lacked them in my early life. I have to note at this point that about the time of my first Satrun Return, many of these things changed and for one good reason; I finally got some self-esteem.

So now I don't have to look up your NN and SN do I RedRose, as it is listed here. I'm going to leave this here for now, but when the activity slows down on this thread I"m going to move it to the Astrology Guide.

Off to see what Chiron Conjunct NN might mean. I already think I know, but want to confirm it.

Shatril
                Last edited by Shatril; November 8th, 2007, 02:59 PM. Reason: Used wrong Sign for NN

Ask, believe, receive. Thoughts become things!
                I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
                democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Comment

Shatril,

I run into this situation often while giving reading to grown ups and I never push elders to receive readings, not unless they are seriously asking...hey, they either did the work or they didn't. Scopes should be used as blueprints, not report cards. That said, most grown ups I study have done their Saturn work and are living their NNs too.

NN in Scorpio in the 2nd is about "manifesting" money and stuff, because earning it the old way tends to not work. With Chiron conjunct NN you are a healer and teacher and astrologer and warrior this life, but you won't make any money in these roles until after 50 ( or maybe never directly). You will successfully teach others how to be successful though!

NN/Chiron in the 2nd also gives you a COSMIC connection to the Earth Mama Gaia.

My partner has Scorpio NN and it often appears that having more money would solve all problems for him, but actually what happens involves others and magic. For instance, he gets offered the use of our neighbor's woodshop, stuffed with every tool and sitting unused.

RedRose
                  Last edited by RedRose; November 8th, 2007, 10:33 AM.

Comment

One of the sayings that comes to mind after reading up on my Chiron placement in the 2cd house is; "Those that can do, those who can't teach." In other words, I'm better at telling others how to manage there money than managing my own. :rollingla The other saying is; "Don't do as I do, do as I tell you."

Muh! Just full of them this morning eh?

Shatril
                    Last edited by Shatril; November 8th, 2007, 10:41 AM.

I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
                    democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Comment

ETA - oops, I asked if north node was aka true node, and see someone already answered that on page 2

Mine is in Leo. Which is.. well, surprising to me. I don't know too much about Leo, but from what I do know, how bizarre. Courage and confidence are definitely things I don't have. Fire seems to express itself in the oddest places in my chart.

Sun/Moon/Merc in Cap, 3 more signs in Vir, and 1 in Taurus. Asc is Sag. "All earth and fire" someone told me once a long time ago.
                      Last edited by RainInanna; November 8th, 2007, 11:31 AM.
                      Om Namah Shivaya.

"Im finding seeking the sacred, well, that its rather like falling in love, the harder you seek it, the less likely it is to happen." - Brightshores

"When your consciousness is directed outward, mind and world arise. When it is directed inward, it realizes its own Source and returns home into the Unmanifested." ~ Eckhart Tolle

Comment

Well here is an interesting thing. I just realized that I used the wrong NN in my earlier post. No wonder that stuff didn't sound so much like me. Now that I realize that my NN is Taurus and NOT Scorpio, it sounds more like me. Some of the tendencies to leave behind are gone with the Saturn return, and it helped the ones to develop, most especially my self-worth. This seems to be the one for me.

I remember praying for Patience once, and found that the way to get more patience is to have your patience tried. OMG what a lesson that was. Fortunately, I'm much better at this, but still have to remind myself occassionally to relax. HEHEHE

Comment

I have really been surprised on what I've learned about my north node and south node. The north presents a real challenge for me. But the info I found out about my south node really clarifies and explains some of my habits and childhood memories.

Here's a great tutorial on nodes and also a description of what each suggests
                          North Node through the signs
                          North Node Leo/South Node Aquarius
                          North Node Leo.
                          Last edited by RainInanna; November 17th, 2007, 02:36 PM.
                          Om Namah Shivaya.

"Im finding seeking the sacred, well, that its rather like falling in love, the harder you seek it, the less likely it is to happen." - Brightshores

"When your consciousness is directed outward, mind and world arise. When it is directed inward, it realizes its own Source and returns home into the Unmanifested." ~ Eckhart Tolle

Comment

NN in Signs & House

Here is an excerpt from the Astrology for the Soul by Jan Spiller:

Signs and Houses--For each of us the north Node is located in a sign in a house. The sign in which the NN falls denotes the psy7chological shift that needs to occur withing the personality. The house containing the NN show the experiences that allow the person to access this new psychological awareness.

In my experience, the house is at least of equal importance to the sign. The house position indicates the arena in which the life lessons of the NN are learned. For example, if you NN is in Cancer in the 11th house, you are learning to get in touch with and communicate your feelings (Cancer) through cultivating the energy of friendships and learning to "go with the flow" (11th house); if your NN is in Aries in the 4th house , through getting in touch with your gut instincts (4th house) you can discover and communicate who you are (Aries).

Comment

Lorrie NN

Lorrie you NN is in Cancer in the 12th house.

Atributes to Develop:
                              • Noticing and validating feelings
                              • Empath
                              • Nurturing and supporting others
                              • Building oune's own foundation and security
                              • Honest disclosure of feelings and insecurities
                              • Humility
                              • Accepting others' foibles and fluctuating moods without judgment
                              • Staying centered inone's own feelings

Tendencies to Leave Behind:
                              • Needing to control everything and everyone
                              • Compulsion to take charge without fully understanding the situation
                              • Ignoring the process; being too focused on the goal
                              • Feeling completely responsible for everything
                              • Hiding feelings and fears in intimate relationships
                              • Doing things to gain respect or admiration from others
                              • Taking care of others' feelings and neglecting one's own
                              • Doing what is "socially acceptabel" rather than what is totally honest
                              • Thinking that things have to be difficult in order to be important

All this work will be done through the 12th house. Having this NN in the 12th house will help with the things that you need to leave behind as this is the house of endings. It will be easy to get rid of the things you want to leave behind. It is also the house of the unconscious, to you will have help in the area of those attributes you want to cultivate. Not only can you work on the consiously when fully awake, but you subconscious will be aiding you when you are not fully awake. This is probably a beneficial placement for the NN work, or at least I see it that way.

Shatril

Comment

hehehehehehehe, thanks, I was going from one link to the other trying to figure out where the north node is!!!!:hahugh: I was beginning to pull my hair out when I decided to look further down the page !

I've got ADD and OCD so that means I've got something new to obsess about every 5 seconds.sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X