X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LadyoftheWood
    replied
    I have an interesting one.

My NN is in Cancer in the 7th house -- which is ruled by Libra. My moon and my midheaven are both in Libra. Saturn is also in Libra (as well as Mars and Pluto). The moon is conjunct with both midheaven and Saturn, and Saturn is conjunct with Pluto and Mars is conjunct with midheaven.

Whatcha think about that? I could be very wrong but it sounds like one big happy family!

(As an interesting aside, I read some time ago about what the NN means for me... ::stamp:: DENIED! Reading it now, it couldn't possibly be more true. Now if I can only come to that same understanding in regards to my midheaven!)

Leave a comment:

• Lorrie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Spera
    replied
    I've got the book-- I'll go take a look.

Leave a comment:

• Lorrie
    replied
    The only one I am not seeing is North Node Aquarius, and it is the one for my new grandson. Could someone look it up for me? One of these days I will end up getting the book, really I will!

Leave a comment:

• Shatril
    replied
    Originally posted by thought_on_a_wind View Post
    Some of things in the first list were a little over-developed as a kid. Empathy was especially over-developed to the point of feeling close to physical pain when someone was going through a very traumatic point of thier life. I had to learn to tone it down, as well as the need to nurture others, as it made me very susceptible to others attempting to take advantage of me. I dunno if this info will help with anybodies studies, but just in case...
    It does help. A couple things in those statements. One it confirms that without fore knowledge of what needs to be developed through astrology or other divination, you were already developing it to a great degree. I have thought that was the case, but confirmations are always good. Makes me a better astrologer. Two, it gives me some idea of how early these things begin to develop. I think you need to learn balance to keep your sanity.

Shatril

Leave a comment:

• thought_on_a_wind
    replied
    Some of things in the first list were a little over-developed as a kid. Empathy was especially over-developed to the point of feeling close to physical pain when someone was going through a very traumatic point of thier life. I had to learn to tone it down, as well as the need to nurture others, as it made me very susceptible to others attempting to take advantage of me. I dunno if this info will help with anybodies studies, but just in case...

Originally posted by Shatril View Post
    Ok here are your NN tendencies to keep and leave.

NN is in Cancer in the second house.

Attributes to Develop:
    • Noticing and validating feelings
    • Empathy
    • Nurturing and supporting others
    • Building one's own foundation and security (Look at first Charka balancing)
    • Honest disclosure of feelings and insecurities
    • Humility
    • Accepting others' foibles and fluctuating moods without judgment
    • Staying centered in one's own feelings

Tendencies to leave behind:
    • Needing to control everything and everyone
    • Compulsion to take charge without fully understanding the situation
    • Ignoring the process; being to focused on the goal
    • Feeling completely responsible for everything
    • Hiding feelings and fears in intimat relationships
    • Doing things to gain respect or admiration from others
    • Taking care of others' feelings and neglecting one's own
    • Doing what is "socially acceptable" rather than what is totally honest
    • Thinking that things have to be difficult in order to be important

Here is a link to some other information on the NN

Hope you enjoy, more later on you Interecepted signs.

Shatril

Leave a comment:

• Shatril
    replied
    Thought on the Wind NN

Ok here are your NN tendencies to keep and leave.

NN is in Cancer in the second house.

Attributes to Develop:
    • Empathy
    • Building one's own foundation and security (Look at first Charka balancing)
    • Humility
    • Staying centered in one's own feelings

Tendencies to leave behind:
    • Ignoring the process; being to focused on the goal
    • Hiding feelings and fears in intimat relationships
    • Doing what is "socially acceptable" rather than what is totally honest

Here is a link to some other information on the NN

Hope you enjoy, more later on you Interecepted signs.

Shatril

Leave a comment:

• Lorrie
    replied
    Originally posted by Shatril View Post
    Lorrie you NN is in Cancer in the 12th house.

Atributes to Develop:
    • Empath
    • Building oune's own foundation and security
    • Humility
    • Staying centered inone's own feelings

Tendencies to Leave Behind:
    • Ignoring the process; being too focused on the goal
    • Hiding feelings and fears in intimate relationships
    • Doing what is "socially acceptabel" rather than what is totally honest

All this work will be done through the 12th house. Having this NN in the 12th house will help with the things that you need to leave behind as this is the house of endings. It will be easy to get rid of the things you want to leave behind. It is also the house of the unconscious, to you will have help in the area of those attributes you want to cultivate. Not only can you work on the consiously when fully awake, but you subconscious will be aiding you when you are not fully awake. This is probably a beneficial placement for the NN work, or at least I see it that way.

Shatril

Yes, every tarot reading for past lives points to this being my biggest lesson this life, letting go of what is no longer needed. I am a pack rat, physically and emotionally. I see alot of my extra baggage in those lines! Some I have been able to get past, some still working at. Some of the attributes I think I overdid. I printed out the list so I can sit down and take a good look at it all, grandbabies are not cooperative tonight. My oldest is yelling " Bamma, I need CUDDLES!!!" I think I had better listen.

Leave a comment:

• Lorrie
    replied
    hehehehehehehe, thanks, I was going from one link to the other trying to figure out where the north node is!!!!:hahugh: I was beginning to pull my hair out when I decided to look further down the page !

Leave a comment:

• Shatril
    replied
    Lorrie NN

Lorrie you NN is in Cancer in the 12th house.

Atributes to Develop:
    • Empath
    • Building oune's own foundation and security
    • Humility
    • Staying centered inone's own feelings

Tendencies to Leave Behind:
    • Ignoring the process; being too focused on the goal
    • Hiding feelings and fears in intimate relationships
    • Doing what is "socially acceptabel" rather than what is totally honest

All this work will be done through the 12th house. Having this NN in the 12th house will help with the things that you need to leave behind as this is the house of endings. It will be easy to get rid of the things you want to leave behind. It is also the house of the unconscious, to you will have help in the area of those attributes you want to cultivate. Not only can you work on the consiously when fully awake, but you subconscious will be aiding you when you are not fully awake. This is probably a beneficial placement for the NN work, or at least I see it that way.

Shatril

Leave a comment:

• Shatril
    replied
    NN in Signs & House

Here is an excerpt from the Astrology for the Soul by Jan Spiller:

Signs and Houses--For each of us the north Node is located in a sign in a house. The sign in which the NN falls denotes the psy7chological shift that needs to occur withing the personality. The house containing the NN show the experiences that allow the person to access this new psychological awareness.

In my experience, the house is at least of equal importance to the sign. The house position indicates the arena in which the life lessons of the NN are learned. For example, if you NN is in Cancer in the 11th house, you are learning to get in touch with and communicate your feelings (Cancer) through cultivating the energy of friendships and learning to "go with the flow" (11th house); if your NN is in Aries in the 4th house , through getting in touch with your gut instincts (4th house) you can discover and communicate who you are (Aries).

Leave a comment:

• RainInanna
    replied
    I have really been surprised on what I've learned about my north node and south node. The north presents a real challenge for me. But the info I found out about my south node really clarifies and explains some of my habits and childhood memories.

Here's a great tutorial on nodes and also a description of what each suggests
    North Node through the signs
    North Node Leo/South Node Aquarius
    North Node Leo.
    Last edited by RainInanna; November 17th, 2007, 02:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Shatril
    replied
    Well here is an interesting thing. I just realized that I used the wrong NN in my earlier post. No wonder that stuff didn't sound so much like me. Now that I realize that my NN is Taurus and NOT Scorpio, it sounds more like me. Some of the tendencies to leave behind are gone with the Saturn return, and it helped the ones to develop, most especially my self-worth. This seems to be the one for me.

I remember praying for Patience once, and found that the way to get more patience is to have your patience tried. OMG what a lesson that was. Fortunately, I'm much better at this, but still have to remind myself occassionally to relax. HEHEHE

Leave a comment:

• RainInanna
    replied
    ETA - oops, I asked if north node was aka true node, and see someone already answered that on page 2

Mine is in Leo. Which is.. well, surprising to me. I don't know too much about Leo, but from what I do know, how bizarre. Courage and confidence are definitely things I don't have. Fire seems to express itself in the oddest places in my chart.

Sun/Moon/Merc in Cap, 3 more signs in Vir, and 1 in Taurus. Asc is Sag. "All earth and fire" someone told me once a long time ago.
    Last edited by RainInanna; November 8th, 2007, 11:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Shatril
    replied
    One of the sayings that comes to mind after reading up on my Chiron placement in the 2cd house is; "Those that can do, those who can't teach." In other words, I'm better at telling others how to manage there money than managing my own. :rollingla The other saying is; "Don't do as I do, do as I tell you."

Muh! Just full of them this morning eh?

Shatril
    Last edited by Shatril; November 8th, 2007, 10:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X