No announcement yet.

What is an Aspect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I moved this because of the subject matter. One of the links is no longer valid as it was talking about an event that took place over 6 years ago. That is not pertinent to the rest of the content of this thread. Enjoy.

Shatril

Ask, believe, receive. Thoughts become things!
    I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
    democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Comment

Along with the content of this thread, you can also look at this website for some more details, and to fill in the foreign language issues. MUH!

http://www.cafeastrology.com/article...astrology.html

Good luck Rain,

Shatril

I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
      democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Comment

Need to know more about Orbs

While this thread is helpful, it really doesn't give me enough of an understanding about what each aspect means . I would also like to understand what a hard aspect and a soft aspects are.

I hope that all the astrologers here can give me more information.

Thank you in advance for your help.
        Shaddar
        Last edited by Shaddar; December 22nd, 2007, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shatril View Post
          Good luck Rain,
          Oh thank you, some excellent information here. Much for me to learn.
          Om Namah Shivaya.

"Im finding seeking the sacred, well, that its rather like falling in love, the harder you seek it, the less likely it is to happen." - Brightshores

"When your consciousness is directed outward, mind and world arise. When it is directed inward, it realizes its own Source and returns home into the Unmanifested." ~ Eckhart Tolle

Comment

The Hard and Soft

Shaddar,

As I understand it, the hard aspects are the opposition, square, semisquare. These are aspects that some feel have some sort of negative effect on the planets involved. It is my feeling that these aspects stimulate or cause tension that cause us to take action. Now this doesn't mean that a negative effect, as very often it is beneficial. The tension or action may well counter balance an overactive effect of something else in the chart. The hard aspects show obstacles to be overcome and testing times, which are often necessary to undergo before the harmony ensues of the end achievement. All charts need some hard aspects in order to provide stability and endurance.

The soft aspects are those that have a harmonious flow between the planets involved, and the are the trine, and sextile. It is sometimes believed that it would be better in a chart to have all easy aspects, however, this is not necessarily the case, as one can become complacent if there are not challenges to overcome in this life.

Conjunction-Generally considered Soft
            The conjunction tends to be a harmonious aspect. Its quality depends greatly on the planets involved, as well as on how close the aspect is. For example, a conjunction between the Sun and Mercury is generally regarded as harmonious. If, however, the distance between them is less than a few degrees, Mercury is said to be “burnt” or “in combustion”, with corresponding results. In general, the conjunction shows an immediate connection which usually works in one way or another.

This is were the orb would be considered important.

Shatril

Comment

While jumping around today looking at the astrological aspects for some things I came across this web article about which aspects to use when looking at Grand Trines, Kites and other astrological patterns. I have always wondered about this. When you exclude the NN and the Part of Fortune (PF), many of the patterns disappear. I was wondering if any of the rest of the astrologers have a way that they interpret the patterns.

The other question that comes to mind here, is what about aspects with the NN and PF with other planets? Do these have any significance within the chart interpretation outside the aspect patterns?

http://astrodynamics.blogspot.com/20...nd-energy.html

Just some things to chew on for a while. I haven't yet formed my own opinion about this. However, I will probably chew this one for a while.

Shatril

Comment

Working...
              X