Dragons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragons

Maybe I've just been watching too much Game of Thrones, but I had a whopper of a dragon dream last night. I was at a relative's house, but she didnt look like herself AT ALL in the dream. She was a long-dead but loved aunt who was already a crone when I knew her as a child, but in this dream she was weird: young, rather unfriendly, and looked fake and plastiv-like. I left her house and looked up in the sky & saw a dragon circling overhead. As I watched, many more began appearing as clouds around them dissolved away.

Then the first one landed on the ground not far from me; it was HUGE and black (think Balerion the Dread). I managed to scoot out of its field of vision and down a fissure or gullet while it was concentrating on some other people. I got away while it was incinerating them.

In going to have to ponder on this a bit to see if I can tease out any meaming.

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality;
    and then there are those who turn one into the other. ~ Douglas Everett

"We gaze up at the same stars, the sky covers us all, the same universe encompasses us. What does it matter what practical system we adopt in our search for the truth? Not by one avenue alone can we arrive at so tremendous a secret."
    Symmachus
    384 C.E.

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes."
    ~ Gene Roddenberry

"Finish each day and be done with it.
    You have done what you could;
    some blunders and absurdities have crept in;
    forget them as soon as you can.
    Tomorrow is a new day;
    you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit
    to be encumbered with your old nonsense."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Avatar artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser - www.JonathonArt.com
Working...
X