Silly question about Tarot cleansing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly question about Tarot cleansing

OK, I've only recently starting learning tarot and need some advice from some of you Tarot Sages out there. Bear with me.

For cleansing, I smudged my deck when I first got it and placed it on my altar overnight with an amethyst stone on it to charge it.
    Should I cleanse my deck after each reading, either a reading for myself or someone else?

Also, do I need to arrange my deck so that all cards face the same way before I put them away?

I have 3 tarot books and none of them say anything about this. It's just one of those little things, I guess.

Thanks in advance and blessed be,

~~Saeryn
    Here in body if not in mind.

I usually cleanse my cards after every reading, it seems to be that that's what they like.. :D

Also, I don't think it matters if you have all the cards facing the same way when you put them away.. I don't use reversed cards, so I'm not very sure on this...

Comment

I think it really depends on what your personal cards tend to like. I cleansed mine when I got them, and keep one deck in a special bag, and the other in an egyptian box, but other than that, I don't do anything after my readings. Though evey so often they do want a good cleaning, and a night in the moon light. I'd say listen to them and find out what they want/like. Than, go from there.
      May Aset protect you and Ma'at guide you
      Ankh-esen-Aset
      Thoughts and Musings
      Diane: No one believes we can do this...
      Lloyd: You just described every great success story!<br> ~Say Anything

Comment

Not a silly Q at all

Its a really good question actually! I bet lots of people wonder about this as I did at first ~ especially about turning the cards the right way round.

But I dont do either after every reading. I cleanse my cards with sage every year (or sometimes when I feel they really need it) for Samhain, and sometime keep crystals with them depending on my and there mood
        I dont re shuffle and turn all my cards around after a reading ~ I just simple put them back in my bag or box (depending on deck like Ank) and rest them there until my next time I take them out. The I make sure I or my querrant gives them a really good shuffle to liven them up again, and then we ask them out questions...

Id say as Ank & Flaire and adopt your own speical way that is good for you and your cards! :D
        Good Luck!
        New mommy & loving every minute of it!
        Co-moderator ~ Tarot & Divination
        &

Comment

I agree guys.

Just shuffling between readings or banging your deck on the table is good for dispersing energies sometimes. I just listen to what my deck has to say about it

Comment

Working...
          X