Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spread of the Week - 1/25/07 - 2/1/07

Spread of the Week rules / instructions:

1. A new spread will be posted weekly (hopefully I'll manage it every Thursday and we may change it to bi-weekly or monthly if weekly doesn't seem like enough time to get the readings done).

2. If you'd like to attempt the spread and have a reading done for you using that spread in return, post in the thread.

3. The first person to post will receive the first reading from the 2nd person to post, etc. So, whoever posts in front of you is who you read for, and whoever posts behind you is who is reading for you.

4. The readings should be posted in the thread so that others can read them (after all, this is for the purposes of learning and we all learn better by reading over examples by others) UNLESS the reader deems that the information is too personal to be shared on an open board. If that is the case, then the reader should PM the person they are reading for, but post in the thread that the results were personal and their querent has been PM'd with the results of the reading.

5. Do not post in the threads if you are not willing to read for others. This is a reading exchange, not a free reading.

6. Use only the spread posted. You may use whatever deck you like.

If anyone else can think of any additional questions or rules, please let me know and I'll edit this post. I think the rules should be posted as the first post every week.

If you have a spread you'd like to submit for the "Spread of the Week", PM me and I'll add it to the queue. Potential spreads should be 10 cards or less, for ease of posting and to not overwhelm newbies who'd like to participate.
    :fpraise: All hail the mighty SEARCH function! :fpraiseyo

See the completed cards from the MW Tarot Project @ the link below:

If "a gentle touch speaks volumes" imagine what a bitch-slap can do! ~ me

This weeks' spread comes from a post here: http://www.mysticwicks.com/showthrea...avorite+spread by Mystic Moggie!

I really like the idea behind the Pentacle Spread and I think it will translate well to have others read for you, instead of just reading for yourself.

PENTACLE: From the Lo Scarabeo Avalon Tarot.

--------5---------
    ---1----S----4---
    -----2-----3------

S - Who are you? You can either select this as a normal significator or have the deck produce it for you randomly. I (Mystic Moggie) prefer random as it often provides a summary of the spread.

1 - What do you look like to other people?

2 - What are you within yourself?

3 - What opposes or blocks you?

4 - How do you overcome these obstacles?

5 - What will be the outcome?

Please follow the rules in the 1st post and read the thread carefully to determine who you will read for and who will be reading for you. The first person to respond will read for me, and I will read for the last person to respond to the thread so that all will be fair and no one gets left out.

Comment

read

i am ready to read. i will check back to see whom my 'victim' is!
      softly singing her wee frog prince to sleep.........

patiently awaiting the arrival of mr. darcy. (hopefully, my husband won't be the one to answer the door!)

AVAILABLE FOR READINGS

for tarot reading please review my tarot code of ethics at http://curiousfaestarotsite.blogspot...of-ethics.html
      or tarot readings here at MW see post http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.ph...=1#post2967043

Comment

Ooh - I like this spread! (then again, I liked the other one too. )

I'll read for you, curiousfae... although I probably won't get to it until tonight, if that's OK.

Btw, I like your signature! (everyone loves Mr. Darcy! :D )
        sigpic

Forum Guide: Gods and Goddesses

MW Tarot Readings NOT currently accepting tarot reading requests via PM, but will answer posts in the Reading Request subforum if it is possible for me to do so. :spinnysmi

Comment

Originally posted by curiousfae View Post
          i am ready to read. i will check back to see whom my 'victim' is!
          I'm your victim... and you are Brightshores' victim and then whoever posts next, Brightshores is their victim, etc. LOL

Comment

awesome. i will get on it sometime this weekend. and dont worry brightshores take your time. i am in no hurry!
            softly singing her wee frog prince to sleep.........

patiently awaiting the arrival of mr. darcy. (hopefully, my husband won't be the one to answer the door!)

AVAILABLE FOR READINGS

for tarot reading please review my tarot code of ethics at http://curiousfaestarotsite.blogspot...of-ethics.html
            or tarot readings here at MW see post http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.ph...=1#post2967043

Comment

I will do Brightshores.
              http://www.inlucesco.com

Comment

I guess that you're my victim then, inlucesco!
                My Deviant Art

Comment

OK then SilverLadyMoon you are mine mwahahahhaha *much evil cackling*

I'm using my trusty Arthurian Deck

PENTACLE: From the Lo Scarabeo Avalon Tarot.

--------5---------
                  ---1----S----4---
                  -----2-----3------

S - Who are you? = The Moon
                  LOL well would you look at what came out *chuckles at the irony* So lady moon I guess we can say the cards are talking to you here.
                  The Moon tells us that you are a creature driven by emotions and the tides of time. This card speaks of visions and illusions and one who is prone to both. It is the dreamers landscape. Visualization comes natural to you. This is a card of fertility and of generations hinting at family being important to you. You are no stranger to the cycles and patterns of change and growth. You are strongly driven by your fluctuating emotions. A prophetic dreamer possibly. Prone at times to long moments of deep introspection and soul searching. You understand the necessity of preparation.

1 - What do you look like to other people? = The Sleeping Lord aka Judgement
                  You appear to cast a vision of enduring stamina. Not the harsh burst kind but rather the constant renewal kind. To others you appear to be able to recapitulate events and ideas and turn even the darker times into something a little more positive.Again this card speaks of prophetic dreaming and visions. To others you appear to have the magical gift of foresight and far seeing. Your persona is generally a timeless and ageless one making it often hard for people to pin an age upon you. Yours is the gift of resurrection like the phoenix you rise and rise again from the ashes. You will be viewed as one with the impulse to change your own life and that of those who come into contact with you.

2 - What are you within yourself? = Grail Maiden
                  Tender and willing you are a gentle friend and lover. This card portrays you as imaginative and loving. You show the way to fulfil the deepest desires of the soul. Again this is another card which speaks of dreams and vision. You exemplify the ways of service and give willingly of your time to forwarding yours and loved ones dreams.

3 - What opposes or blocks you? = Stone Ten
                  Your deep connection and resolution to your family and loved ones may be a bit of a hurdle. There is with you always a strong sense of obligation to the service of your family and loved ones. Finances may be problematic. (I wont go deeper into this in public).

4 - How do you overcome these obstacles? = Prydwen aka The Chariot
                  A strong belief in yourself is vital here. Having the self-confidence to push yourself and your own needs forwards. Don't allow yourself to be treated like a doormat. Financially you need to learn self discipline. Harness the natural ability you have of foresight towards a greater purpose and to help carry you through the tests and trials of life. Yours is the gift of determination and courage and they can be great gifts if you just apply them correctly.

5 - What will be the outcome? = Sword Maiden
                  This card speaks of the ability to quickly grasp ideas and materialize them. This leads me to believe that once you put your mind to a problem you will work it out pretty quickly. With your powers of perception and discernment there aren't too many problems that will prove to be too great for you to overcome. This is a card of vigilance and gives an indication that justice will be on your side if you just keep drawing on your foresight. You have the ability to cut through any difficulties if you properly apply yourself.

Edited to add images of the cards
                  Last edited by Bethra; January 26th, 2007, 10:03 PM.

Comment

and the one I couldn't add

Comment

Very nice! How funny, before we had this spread of the week, I did a who am I one card draw, and it was the moon card too!

For the the stone ten card you said you didn't want to go into it deeper in public? Finances have been really good for me for sometime now, so if you see something in there please do share!

Thank you for the reading!
                      My Deviant Art

Comment

Okay Brightshores. I hope this is remotely accurate for you. I haven't read for strangers in awhile! I am using the Legend: Arthurian Tarot.

PENTACLE

--------5---------
                        ---1----S----4---
                        -----2-----3------

S - Who are you?
                        Queen of Cups. I'd say you are in touch with both your emotions and spirituality, and motherly - if you're not already a mother or planning to be one, perhaps you take people under your wing or fight for the underdog. This card says to me that your focus is inward - you react rather than act, and your first reaction to everything is probably an emotional one.

1 - What do you look like to other people?
                        6/Cups. Maybe you have a playfulness about you or a perceived innocence; I get the sense that you might also look innocent (physically). You're probably a lot of fun to be around and take things in stride. You enjoy life as it happens and people are drawn to that. I would also say that, because of the interplay between the Queen of Cups and this card, children like you a lot.

2 - What are you within yourself?
                        Ace/Cups (so many cups!). What you see is what you get. The Ace of Cups says to me that, like the above cards, you're emotional, loving, etc - and you know it. These cards being so similar also says to me that you know who you are, you've made peace with yourself, and that draws people to you.

3 - What opposes or blocks you?
                        The Star. Hmmmm. This says to me that either you are very in tune with the idea of life being full of lessons, don't take setbacks too seriously, and recognize that everything shall pass... or that sometimes you don't recognize your own blessings. You could also give too much of yourself away. I'm not sure quite how to interpret this one, so I'm trying to give you all the options I thought of, considering the other cards.

4 - How do you overcome these obstacles?
                        Hanged Man. I'm seeing "introspection and letting go" here, but also (traditionally) waiting it out. Whether that's what you DO, or what you SHOULD do, I don't know. Perhaps you hold on to loved ones and relationships that are no longer working out for you, or cling to the past, and need to let go. Sacrifice also plays a part in here - you probably are (too?) quick to compromise so that everyone will be happy. This, combined with the Star, says to me that you probably need to remind yourself of your blessings in order to really enjoy life.

5 - What will be the outcome?
                        The World - You lead a pretty good life! You've probably either found or will find something that fulfills you. When I laid out all these cards, I instantly got the sense that you're very blessed, and that you probably recognize that. If you don't feel that way, look at your life and see what needs to go in order to integrate all aspects of your life within yourself (does that make sense?) and be confident.

You're probably an old soul with a fair amount of good karma, too.

I hope that was useful in some way!

Comment

Wow!!!

That was an incredibly accurate reading!

Originally posted by inlucesco View Post
                          S - Who are you?
                          Queen of Cups. I'd say you are in touch with both your emotions and spirituality, and motherly - if you're not already a mother or planning to be one, perhaps you take people under your wing or fight for the underdog. This card says to me that your focus is inward - you react rather than act, and your first reaction to everything is probably an emotional one.
                          I'm planning (or at the very least hoping) to be a mom in the near future... and the rest of what you said was very true also...
                          6/Cups. Maybe you have a playfulness about you or a perceived innocence; I get the sense that you might also look innocent (physically). You're probably a lot of fun to be around and take things in stride. You enjoy life as it happens and people are drawn to that. I would also say that, because of the interplay between the Queen of Cups and this card, children like you a lot.
                          Well, I'm a teacher... so I guess kids like me. At least some of the time. And I do look quite young for my age - the secretary in a middle school asked me for my hall pass last year (and I was 28 at the time!) I do also tend to take things as they come..
                          Ace/Cups (so many cups!). What you see is what you get. The Ace of Cups says to me that, like the above cards, you're emotional, loving, etc - and you know it. These cards being so similar also says to me that you know who you are, you've made peace with yourself, and that draws people to you.
                          I do feel quite comfortable with who I am at this point...
                          The Star. Hmmmm. This says to me that either you are very in tune with the idea of life being full of lessons, don't take setbacks too seriously, and recognize that everything shall pass... or that sometimes you don't recognize your own blessings. You could also give too much of yourself away. I'm not sure quite how to interpret this one, so I'm trying to give you all the options I thought of, considering the other cards.
                          To be honest... all of those interpretations tend to be very true for me at different times...
                          Hanged Man. I'm seeing "introspection and letting go" here, but also (traditionally) waiting it out. Whether that's what you DO, or what you SHOULD do, I don't know. Perhaps you hold on to loved ones and relationships that are no longer working out for you, or cling to the past, and need to let go. Sacrifice also plays a part in here - you probably are (too?) quick to compromise so that everyone will be happy. This, combined with the Star, says to me that you probably need to remind yourself of your blessings in order to really enjoy life.
                          Very true... all of it. The good parts as well as the rather unfortunate parts. I shall have to work on this.
                          The World - You lead a pretty good life! You've probably either found or will find something that fulfills you. When I laid out all these cards, I instantly got the sense that you're very blessed, and that you probably recognize that. If you don't feel that way, look at your life and see what needs to go in order to integrate all aspects of your life within yourself (does that make sense?) and be confident.
                          Wow... that's really lovely. Thank you.
                          You're probably an old soul with a fair amount of good karma, too.
                          I've heard that before, actually.... I'd like to think it's true... but it is hard to know that sort of thing for sure, I guess.
                          I hope that was useful in some way!
                          This reading is so positive, I almost feel like I'm boasting when I say that certain things are true... and that makes me uncomfortable! (Maybe that's the not recognizing my blessings thing coming out from the Star... )

Anyway - it was very, very encouraging and quite useful... thank you so much for reading for me!!
                          Last edited by Brightshores; January 27th, 2007, 12:58 AM.
                          sigpic

Forum Guide: Gods and Goddesses

MW Tarot Readings NOT currently accepting tarot reading requests via PM, but will answer posts in the Reading Request subforum if it is possible for me to do so. :spinnysmi

Comment

Thank you so much for the detailed feedback, and karma! It WAS a really positive reading, which is always nice to read...my readings for myself have been all hanged man/hermit/2 of swords lately. Boring!

What's your sign? I kept thinking "pisces."

Comment

Originally posted by SilverLadyMoon View Post
                              Very nice! How funny, before we had this spread of the week, I did a who am I one card draw, and it was the moon card too!

For the the stone ten card you said you didn't want to go into it deeper in public? Finances have been really good for me for sometime now, so if you see something in there please do share!

Thank you for the reading!
                              I'm not working at full speed at the moment so I wont offer to do a reading focused on this just now. Being the 10 of stone though it shows normally wealth but as an opposition card we must consider it's negative side. I will go with my usual option in this case and suggest that frivolous spending might need to be reconsidered further along down the line. Moderation is advised is the best I can say right now. Sorry I'm being a bit cryptic here but I'm not 100% at the moment and a bit tired. I'd really have to do a reading focused on this one area before I could say further. Lets just say it's a bit of advanced warning to save some pennies for a rainy day.

Comment

Working...
                              X