• Tarot Card Study - The 2's

2 of Cups
    2 of Swords
    2 of Wands
    2 of Pentacles

High Priestess
    Justice
    Judgement

Adding a new twist! Let's all talk about card # 11. Because even though 11 is a Master Number in numerology, sometimes it does revert to the basic energy of the 2.

Do you use 11 as Justice or Strength? What do you see of the 2's in this card? Or of Justice / Strength in the minor suit?

Please put pictures of your favorite versions of these cards if you have them. They can all be from the same deck or different decks. If you have more than one favorite, feel free to post all of them! Part of the fun of this will be showing off our decks and the fun for others will be seeing the images!

Please discuss why this / these are your fave version(s) of the particular card. What in the card speaks the most to you? How does it relate to the other #2 cards? Can you see the HPSin the Minor suit? The suits in the HPS? Does looking @ the cards in this way change your perspectives?

How would you interpret this card in different types of readings? What is your most frequent interpretation of this card, or what is your keyword or phrase for it?

Let's get together and share our knowledge of the 2's!
    Last edited by LisaT4P; February 6th, 2007, 06:08 PM.
    :fpraise: All hail the mighty SEARCH function! :fpraiseyo

See the completed cards from the MW Tarot Project @ the link below:

If "a gentle touch speaks volumes" imagine what a bitch-slap can do! ~ me

And again from astrology-numerology.com:

2 Positive Traits: Cooperation, adaptability, considerate of others, sensitive to the needs of others, partnering, an arbiter or mediator, modest, sincere, spiritually influenced, a diplomat.

2 Negative Traits: Shyness, timidity, fear, self-consciousness, drown in detail, depression.

Comment

the twos- great! I have been thinking about this all day!!

Two wands-
      Planning a journey. choosing a direction.

Two Pentacles-
      "juggling" your finances. Insecurity. concern over hearth and home.

Two Cups-
      Commitment. Dedication. vows.

Two Swords-
      Indecision. frivolity. flipping a coin.

Twos to me represent duality- and in a basic sence, a choice.
      Left OR Right, Good or Bad, the choice is without shades of grey.

The High Priestess-
      the star goddess; keeper of the mysteries;the middle pillar; hidden knowledge;wisdom.

The High Priestess represents what is missing in the twos- a middle road. She is the one that speaks to us of bending, of compromise. that is what is hidden behind her (the hidden "middle pillar" of the tree of life),and the secret teachings she holds. She is one who has already been the Magician (or the fool) and is capabale of shareing the wisdom of her experience.

That is what seperates the high priestess from the twos. Experience. She is that path- that might be expressed as two's becoming Threes.

Justice-
      righteousness;balance;just rewards;equlibrium. the ability to right from wrong.

I hadn't thought of a connection between Justice and the High Priestess Before, but they DO have a bit in common- the pictures in the rider waite are almost the same! But where the High priestess is about the wisdom of making responsible choices, the Justice card represents to me the temporal effects of our choices. ONe difference on the cards is the H.P. sits before a veil between the worlds (symbolized by pomegranates) while Justice sits before a purple cloth ( Symbolizing Leagal authority?)

Comment

Here are the 2's from the Nigel Jackson (now re-named Medieval Enchantment) tarot: http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...gelJackson.jpg

And here are the High Priestess and in this deck, 11 happens to be Strength: http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...gelJackson.jpg

Comment

the two's

the two's

2 wands
          decisions and choices between ideas or combination of ideas

2 cups
          decision and choices between or combination of feelings

2 swords
          decision and choices between or combination of mental thoughts

2 pentacles
          decision and choices between or combination of the physical

high priestess
          using intuition, ideas, and dreams to make decisions; the combination of intuition and the feminine(nurturing); the decision to use intuition (hi priestess) over logic (magician)

11 card- i use 11 as the justice card pretty much because that is the way i was taught. but as a two card i see it as making a decision between two things; balancing, weighing, judging

the other two card not mentioned (not sure if you want it here yet) is the judgment card (2+0=2). i thought it appropriate here because this card also talks about decisions and choices. judging or being judged and atoning for your past decisions and choices, choosing to take responsibility for choices made (heeding the call); the rewards or punishments of past choices and decisions

pics of the gill tarot
          softly singing her wee frog prince to sleep.........

patiently awaiting the arrival of mr. darcy. (hopefully, my husband won't be the one to answer the door!)

AVAILABLE FOR READINGS

for tarot reading please review my tarot code of ethics at http://curiousfaestarotsite.blogspot...of-ethics.html
          or tarot readings here at MW see post http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.ph...=1#post2967043

Comment

Thanks! I had forgotten about the Judgement card! I knew there was one that I was missing....

Comment

great, Curiousfae, give us more homework!

Judgement - earth shaking decisions. life altering moments. things are coming to a head.

another level of the decion- making, like the H.P.S. is Spiritual choices, and the Justice is Temporal choices, I see judgement as choices that effect the rest of your life, or at least a big chunk of it.

just joking about the homework thing.....

Comment

great, Curiousfae, give us more homework!
                hee hee!
                softly singing her wee frog prince to sleep.........

patiently awaiting the arrival of mr. darcy. (hopefully, my husband won't be the one to answer the door!)

AVAILABLE FOR READINGS

for tarot reading please review my tarot code of ethics at http://curiousfaestarotsite.blogspot...of-ethics.html
                or tarot readings here at MW see post http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.ph...=1#post2967043

Comment

2 of Wands: Gambler's Card, time to make a decision and take a risk
                  2 of Pents: Balancing act, too many irons in the fire
                  2 of Swords: Indecision, fence sitting, "If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice" (I love Rush, sometimes)
                  2 of Cups: Partnership, working together, diplomacy

The High Priestess is the use of intuition or instinct to make decision. It is not guessing but somehow "knowing". Using your body and your mind together to "feel" the answers.

In the Nigel Jackson deck 11 is Strength, but in most of my other decks it is Justice. I can see the validity of both. Strength could be about knowing just how strong vs. how vulnerable to be, vulnerability has it's merits and is sometimes the appropriate course of action. Knowing when and how to conquer your demons and just how much strength to use when doing so. Justice is about balancing the scales and keeping things fair. Getting what is coming to you, and having the same thing for others. I guess fair is not really the right word... hmmmm.

The Judgement card is about a 2nd chance. A rebirth. An awakening to another level of understanding on a subject. I also like Taliesyn's take on it as well.

Comment

2 of wands: a choice between ideas - time to make a decision.
                    2 of cups: a new relationships, vow, committment
                    2 of swords: a conflict, crossing swords with someone else, a challenge. drawing a line in the sand and making a stand.
                    2 of pentacles: a change or choice in work or responsibilities.

The High Priestess is listening to your intuition and wisdom to make the choice.
                    Justice is making a choice between what should be done and what one wants to do. It is also having a choice imposed upon you by an outside force.
                    Judgement is starting a new - a choice to walk new road.

More Numerology for 2:
                    2: confrontation. Conflict. Recoil. Either balance achieved or a hidden threat. Ambivalence. Split personality. Separation. The first moment of creation. Duality. Polarity. Division. Also Marriage, love, friendship. Reciprocity. Earth.
                    A line.
                    Each man performs his service to the Holy according to what he is, not according to what he is not; after all, the sacrifice must not surpass the proper measure of the worshiper. - Iamblichus

Comment

2 Chokmah = The Twos
                      Two signifies finding direction. The impulse of change which was experienced in the Ace now makes it's first moves. These first sometimes tentative steps sometimes find reciprocal response as it moves. The impulse to find wisdom.

The Importance of the Number:
                      Given the number of 2 this card symbolizes counterpoise, relativity and the dualism of pairs of opposites. Two is the number of time, as opposed to timelessness. It is creation as opposed to the creator. he reflected light of the Moon as opposed to the direct light of the Sun. It represents the interaction of poles which gives rise to manifestation, and in the human sphere signifies man's experience of the individual existence, as a separate ego divorced from the world around him.

Path Position on the Qabalistic Tree of Life:
                      The path between Kether and Tiphareth the first pathway on the center pillar of balance and equilibrium. Kether as the Aces and Tiphareth as Sixes the High Priestess represents the path from understanding to harmony. The path that leads from the unknowable to the knowable. This pathway takes a pure idea and turns it into an actual creation.

Two of Swords - Balance. Signifies floating and most times intellect and reason. The card of balance now gives the intellect some idea of foundation.

Two of Cups - Commitment. Signifies flow, a commitment to making the first move towards emotional expression.

Two of Wands - Partnership. Signifies action, indicates the combination of two points leading to the beginning of a new venture.

Two of Penticals - Juggling. Signifies physical existence, now that two points exist. The juggling of two physical things be it finances or skills or career.
                      Last edited by Bethra; February 7th, 2007, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Thank you, Bethra! And btw, that is one of my favorite decks. I use it almost exclusively when I read for animals. The humans in other decks just get in the way, I think. LOL

Comment

I only ever use this deck now it is the one that speaks to me the best of all the decks I own. It has some rather harsh images but it is one of the most simple yet symbolic decks I have come across. When you understand the stories behind each card it helps you find a deeper meaning to the cards I feel. I just love it

Comment

The 2's are balance.

2 of Cups - union, possibly opposites. romance. balance in a relationship. marriage, emotional partnership.

2 of Pentacles - balance of money, juggling resources. This card has a person juggling pentacles and in the background are ships on stormy waters. Fluctuation in the economy.

2 of Wands - balance of ideas, making a decision, seeing both sides of a situation

2 of Swords - finding balance in actions. making a blind decison. questioning whether friend of foe

The Priestess - balance of intuition and logic and making a decision based on both. Unerstanding both dark and light nature.

Justice - striving for balance between good and bad.

Judgement - balance of self. accepting the resposibility of ones actions and starting over.
                            One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today. - Dale Carnegie

sigpic

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full. - Henry A. Kissinger

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                            X