Oh no...!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh no...!!

OMG! Dammit! Me and my mum just got into a big fight over my tarot cards because... well, here's the story:
    She asked me if I could do a tarot reading for her, I said yes. But then she changed her mind and said: "No wait, you know what? Don't do a tarot reading for me. Lately you're cards have been really irrelevant, you draw the cards like whatever and throw them at my face like 'here you go', you don't do it with your heart!", me: "what??? I always take it seriously! And my cards are never wrong!", she: "*rolling her eyes* so I drew a card from your tarot pack by myself", me: "you did WHAT? Do you realise what you've done? You're not allowed to touch my tarot cards without my permission! It is my energy that I have loaded into my cards, my energy, my time and light! And now you've made it all blank by doing a tarot reading for yourself without asking me for permission to do it!". And then she got really angry with me and said I was selfish and delusional and that no permission was needed, and that there's no such thing as energy in tarot cards and blah blah blah... *SIGH*
    So yeah.. the point is... SHE TOUCHED MY CARDS!! Now, I have to purify them.... And now, I know why I had this strange feeling a little while ago when I was doing a reading for myself... -_- I couldn't feel my familiar energy in them anymore. Thanks mum, thanks a lot... Oh and now she just came back and asked me "so will you do me a reading or not?!", and I said: "If you promise not to draw a carding again from my tarot pack without my permission... I will", then she rolled her eyes again and acted all ignorant and arrogant and said "fine! don't do it then if you're so delusional!". Then she said I never ever help her and then she was jealous how I had spent two hours on doing a tarot reading for my aunt. -_- I had done so many tarot readings for her.. helped her a lot, and this is how she thanks me? *siiiiigh* what's happened to this world...

I wish she could show more respect..... *sigh* I never say this, but now I feel like I hate my mum, she's so ignorant, she never accepts my beliefs because she thinks her beliefs are the holy truth.

oh well...
    So what do I do now? Purify them right?

I don't feel that way about my tarot and runes, that they should only contain MY energy. How would I connect with the person I'm reading for and get an accurate reading if I didn't conect with the person's energy. The person doesn't have to hold the cards of course, I've done lots of online readings that have been just as accurate as those where someone sits across from me and shuffles the cards themselves. But having someone else touch my cards or runes doesn't "contaminate" them or "blank" them, IMO. Of course, people should always ask before touching or shuffling the cards.

I'm sorry your relationship with your mom sucks, but at least she's open to your using the tarot, my mom would have had a cow.

eta: I keep a small cloth bag of salt in with my tarot and runes to keep them from holding onto icky energies - which they can pick up whether the person I'm reading touches them or not.
    Last edited by Lunacie; February 1st, 2007, 04:46 PM.

Comment

... and then hide them real well!!!!!

I've got ADD and OCD so that means I've got something new to obsess about every 5 seconds.sigpic

Comment

ok, I feel like a sh*tty daughter now......

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorZhanna View Post
          ok, I feel like a sh*tty daughter now......
          Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Lunacie View Post
            Why?
            Well.. cuz I got all upset and what not over mum touching just one card... and it seems like I've been bad in everyone's eyes, not just my mum, in general.. but that's another story. But it's also why I feel like a sh*tty daughter, I tend to let people down lately..
            So, yeah.. I hope a mod will delete this topic, and I'll just go and do my purification thing now and deal with my anger issues, today's Imbolc anyway...

Thank you, everyone who had posted so far, for your advise and opinion.
            Last edited by WarriorZhanna; February 1st, 2007, 05:20 PM.

Comment

My cards know they are mine. I have had my spouse try and use them. I never get mad. I find it amusing watching him trying to figure it out and he never can so he gives up and puts it back nicely.

Comment

Well, I don't think they've been hurt by her touching them, but I do agree that she should have asked first.

**thinking** The only time I've gotten in trouble with my daughter for poking into her stuff lately was around the holidays. But she's older and we've always gotten along pretty well. But (again) we both bite our tongues at times to keep from yelling at each other. That's natural when you live together though.

It sounds like this may be a good opportunity for you both to talk to each other about a few things - like her respecting your space and your belongings, and your style when sharing information with her in a reading?

Comment

Mothers, eh?! don't start. Mine uses my wardrobe as an extension of hers.

Anyway, be glad you have a mother who believes you...mine has that kind of mind which periodically opens and then closes again. She thinks I'm too far gone in some things; and then sometimes she will agree with me...and then a few minutes later she will go and tell my dad I'm in one of my funny moods again. She understands my "news filter" - whereby I avoid news programmes and other topical items in order that when I do hear them I will (a) hear the truth of the matter and (b) hear what I need to hear when I need to hear it, since being autistic means that the senses, particularly the mind, is over-stimulated and over-analytical and cannot process the tons of garbage put out by the news media in this country...she understands this only because she has seen it in action, although she misunderstands even the significance of that particular incident.

Anyway...no-one else has used any of my decks, but if I do face-to-face readings I get them to shuffle the cards. To my mother and boyfriend they are just manufactured, mass-produced items, outsize playing cards with different pictures on them which Louise uses to do odd things with. The readings that come out are so general that neither she nor my boyfriend - both very "rational" and in the case of Dave, borderline atheist - really believe that what I'm doing has any bearing on reality. Which is a shame, because they are the two people I am closest to and the two people with whom I want to share things like this.

A wider discussion perhaps: I don't let on to many people that I read cards; I am never sure who will be open to what, particularly in a rather conservative (small c and big C) rural English village. Ironically I think that big-C conservatives are more likely to understand the general principles of tarot, the universe and anything (many elderly ladies in the countryside have a far sharper view of what's going on than my "Westminster correspondent" boyfriend) than the rationalist liberals over here; it seems that the English left has continued the traditions of rationalism to an extreme angle. The Anglican church has become increasingly urbanised, and has re-imported that urbanisation into the villages where it is possibly strongest, and has castigated some hymns as "nature worship". The rational town has imposed on the spiritual country, and thus it follows that traditional village voters, more likely to be right-wing, are also more likely to believe in more of the "spiritual" aspects of life.

Because of the Christian slant put on things though, most people are suspicious of anything like tarot that is slightly unorthodox, though the church organist knows that she can talk to her large garden, and the vicar has proposed using remote viewing ("mentally walk round Swallowfield and see whether you can find anything that needs protecting or helping") as a way of keeping an eye on the village. A well-respected "liberal" member of the church, who I was "told" would be the best person to confide in, is open as far as reiki but would be horrified if I said I did the tarot. What I am seeing therefore is at best a Trojan Horse kind of thing, but it's nice to know people are (becoming) more "aware", and it must be said that you are lucky to have a mother who is aware of what you're doing, even if she may have trouble expressing it.
                  "I am the cat who walks by [herself] and all places are alike to me" - Rudyard Kipling, "Just So Stories"

"If you can teach someone to hate, you can also teach them how to love" - Corrie Ten Boom

"The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears" - Native American proverb

"Ask the Green Man where he comes from / Ask the Cup that fills with red / Ask the old grey Standing Stones / That show the Sun his way to bed

"Question all as to their ways / And learn the secrets that they hold / Walk the lines of Nature's palm / Crossed with silver and with gold

"Pass the word and pass the Lady / Pass the plate to all that hunger / Pass the wit of ancient wisdom / Pass the cup of crimson wonder!"

- Jethro Tull, "Cup of Wonder"

Comment

Well.. cuz I got all upset and what not over mum touching just one card... and it seems like I've been bad in everyone's eyes, not just my mum, in general.. but that's another story. But it's also why I feel like a sh*tty daughter, I tend to let people down lately..
                    So, yeah.. I hope a mod will delete this topic, and I'll just go and do my purification thing now and deal with my anger issues, today's Imbolc anyway...

i dont intend to be rude, disrespectful or mean...

but...

why does your nick say WARRIOR while you behave like a SLAVE?

You are doing your peopl a FAVOUR when you are reading cards for them
                    They have no right to force or blackmail you into these actions

your fight between you and your mother was not about cards, but about jealousy in general.

you should learn to set rules and maintain them

your mom can go and get paid readings, instead of emotionally wracking you to backmail you into serving her needs as she sees fit.

become what you claim to be.

you have every right to be upset.

if you had used her lipstick or credit card without her OK, wouldnt she be pissed just the way you were prior to the conflict.

you can indeed be disappointed. your mother has made a capital mistake, and an offensive one at that.

the least she should do, would be an appology.

what you can do, i have said.

Comment

Originally posted by CzechWoods View Post
                      i dont intend to be rude, disrespectful or mean...

but...

why does your nick say WARRIOR while you behave like a SLAVE?

You are doing your peopl a FAVOUR when you are reading cards for them
                      They have no right to force or blackmail you into these actions

your fight between you and your mother was not about cards, but about jealousy in general.

you should learn to set rules and maintain them

your mom can go and get paid readings, instead of emotionally wracking you to backmail you into serving her needs as she sees fit.

become what you claim to be.

you have every right to be upset.

if you had used her lipstick or credit card without her OK, wouldnt she be pissed just the way you were prior to the conflict.

you can indeed be disappointed. your mother has made a capital mistake, and an offensive one at that.

the least she should do, would be an appology.

what you can do, i have said.
                      Bah blessed humbug. A real warrior knows to pick their battles and never fight just because they can.

While the mother should have asked permission, the daughter should have had more tolerance, after all, this is the woman who gave her life, who nurtured her and cared for her and helped her to become a warrior.

In addition, tools are just tools, the cards work better if you see them as a tool no different than a hammer or a chisel. By all means, clean the tools, but having another person handle the tools does nothing to change the gift of the craftsman weilding the tools.
                      Brought to you by the
                      National Association For Addressing Prejudice Against Jackasses (NAFAPAJ).
                      Not all witches are love and light, nor are they all hate and darkness.
                      Some witches are just real mothers - like me.
                      You cannot carve a beautiful sculpture in stone with loving strokes.
                      It takes a hammer, a chisel, and a lot of aggression that needs converted.
                      I am aware of how nasty I come across.
                      If others have the right and freedom to be sweetness and light,
                      I have the right to be spit and vinegar.

Comment

Originally posted by Terra Mater View Post
                        Bah blessed humbug. A real warrior knows to pick their battles and never fight just because they can.

While the mother should have asked permission, the daughter should have had more tolerance, after all, this is the woman who gave her life, who nurtured her and cared for her and helped her to become a warrior.

In addition, tools are just tools, the cards work better if you see them as a tool no different than a hammer or a chisel. By all means, clean the tools, but having another person handle the tools does nothing to change the gift of the craftsman weilding the tools.
                        a real warrior is also not a slave - not even to their mother

I do see your point, but its the choise of anyone how they want their tools to be used. stepping over borders doesnt make her mother free of fail - she is no saint even though she is a mother. as a mother she should set an example, rather than manipulating. doing the guilt trip will not raise the mothers respect in her daughter in the long run. being irresponsible in her actions towards her kids feelings, belongings and boundaries does not make her a good mother.

a good mother should be more than just a birth mashinery, dont you agree ?

blessed humbug, whatever you call it.

i understand you sympathise rather with her mother, being one yourself. I do believe though you would be a better one, at that

Comment

Originally posted by CzechWoods View Post
                          a real warrior is also not a slave - not even to their mother

I do see your point, but its the choise of anyone how they want their tools to be used. stepping over borders doesnt make her mother free of fail - she is no saint even though she is a mother. as a mother she should set an example, rather than manipulating. doing the guilt trip will not raise the mothers respect in her daughter in the long run. being irresponsible in her actions towards her kids feelings, belongings and boundaries does not make her a good mother.

a good mother should be more than just a birth mashinery, dont you agree ?

blessed humbug, whatever you call it.

i understand you sympathise rather with her mother, being one yourself. I do believe though you would be a better one, at that
                          Thank ye for the compliment to my mothering abilities.

However, as I have told all of my children, more times than they cared to listen to, a parent is always a good example. Some are good examples of what to be, and others are good examples of what not to be. Most are a little of both.

Zhanna, over-reacting a bit does not make you a fecal child. I am sure, based on just what you have shared with us here that there are other issues at stake. I hope the mods do not delete the topic because not only did it give you a chance to re-evaluate your own position, but gives others a chance to read all of our words and re-evaluate their own positions for similar actions.

Shade and sweet water to you, may they bring you some measure of the peace you seek.
                          Brought to you by the

Comment

LOL. This is a VERY OLD topic. I can't believe you guys have brought it up, haha.

And all this warrior talk is kinda funny. Just because my nickname is something on a forum doesn't mean I have to be like that for real, lmao.

Also, I have a temper. Might explain my "childish outburst" here. *rolls eyes*

Comment

I is an "old" lady and Paganism itself is an "old" topic.

Sometimes an old topic can bring new insight.
                              Brought to you by the

Comment

Working...
                              X