X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spread of the Week - 2/2/07 thru 2/9/07

Sorry for being a day late on this one.

Spread of the Week rules / instructions:

1. A new spread will be posted weekly (hopefully I'll manage it every Thursday and we may change it to bi-weekly or monthly if weekly doesn't seem like enough time to get the readings done).

2. If you'd like to attempt the spread and have a reading done for you using that spread in return, post in the thread.

3. The first person to post will receive the first reading from the 2nd person to post, etc. So, whoever posts in front of you is who you read for, and whoever posts behind you is who is reading for you.

4. The readings should be posted in the thread so that others can read them (after all, this is for the purposes of learning and we all learn better by reading over examples by others) UNLESS the reader deems that the information is too personal to be shared on an open board. If that is the case, then the reader should PM the person they are reading for, but post in the thread that the results were personal and their querent has been PM'd with the results of the reading.

5. Do not post in the threads if you are not willing to read for others. This is a reading exchange, not a free reading.

6. Use only the spread posted. You may use whatever deck you like.

If anyone else can think of any additional questions or rules, please let me know and I'll edit this post. I think the rules should be posted as the first post every week.

If you have a spread you'd like to submit for the "Spread of the Week", PM me and I'll add it to the queue. Potential spreads should be 10 cards or less, for ease of posting and to not overwhelm newbies who'd like to participate.

As usual, the first person to respond will read for me, and I will read for the last person to respond.
    :fpraise: All hail the mighty SEARCH function! :fpraiseyo

See the completed cards from the MW Tarot Project @ the link below:

If "a gentle touch speaks volumes" imagine what a bitch-slap can do! ~ me

This week's spread was inspired by an article from the Daily Om that my friend receives in her email. It was about problems that re-ocurr in our lives. For now I'm calling it:

The Facing Problems Spread:

1. What is the re-ocurring life issue?
    2. How is it affecting you now?
    3. What can you do to overcome it?

Easy, three cards this week, but an interesting take on a more introspective type of reading.
    :fpraise: All hail the mighty SEARCH function! :fpraiseyo

See the completed cards from the MW Tarot Project @ the link below:

If "a gentle touch speaks volumes" imagine what a bitch-slap can do! ~ me

Comment

No worries I was freaking out yesterday cuz I hadn't posted my reading DOH!
      So I shall read for you then this evening when I get home.

sigpic
      :cheers:
      Illegally Sighted
      Twitter

Comment

I'm in!

I'll read for you, SparkleWytch... will post a reading for you hopefully later on today, but if not, then definitely sometime this weekend.
        sigpic

Forum Guide: Gods and Goddesses

MW Tarot Readings NOT currently accepting tarot reading requests via PM, but will answer posts in the Reading Request subforum if it is possible for me to do so. :spinnysmi

Comment

me too! I'll post tomoroow- Happy Imbolc everyone!

Comment

I'll read for Taliesyn then, and yes Happy Imbolc!!!
            My Deviant Art

Comment

I will read for SilverLadyMoon.

Shatril

Ask, believe, receive. Thoughts become things!
              I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
              democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Comment

curiousfae here! i will read for you shatril!
                softly singing her wee frog prince to sleep.........

patiently awaiting the arrival of mr. darcy. (hopefully, my husband won't be the one to answer the door!)

AVAILABLE FOR READINGS

for tarot reading please review my tarot code of ethics at http://curiousfaestarotsite.blogspot...of-ethics.html
                or tarot readings here at MW see post http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.ph...=1#post2967043

Comment

I will read for curiousfae. I will try to get it done tonight or tomorrow!
                  http://www.inlucesco.com

Comment

Okay Brightshores- here you go!

1st card- Four Wands-
                    I see this as getting to a successful point, a happy level of security and happiness, and "micro-managing" it. looking at life with a maginfying glass.

2nd card- Magician (reversed)
                    I see you as trying to loosen up the reins a bit right now, to let go and let others make the decisions (and give the bulk of the Energy) to the situation- but you don't want to let go of the authority- this could lead others to feel stifled, as well as yourself- It might be better to set boundaries and give those others a bit of self atonomy.

3rd card- Page swords (reversed)
                    if you don't know where to send your energy, it'll be wasted. take a moment to pause and reflect, then act from that place of calm.

hope it helps!

Man, thanks LisaT for this thread- I have been usinghte Celtic Cross almost exclusivly for quite a few years- these spreads area real challenge to me!

Comment

reading for shantril

reading for shantril

1. What is the reoccurring life issue?
                      ace of cups
                      king of swords reversed

10 of wands reversed

this reading may suggest that in relationships you really put your heart into it. that you have this abundance of love and caring for people that is overflowing. but the reading also suggest that maybe you follow your heart too much and not your head sometimes. this can allow you to candy coat a situation that may otherwise be harmful to your spirit. this is when you need to control the emotions and think through what is really happening. it also seems that you put all your energy into the relationship by carrying a lot of the emotional burdens without help or reciprocation from the other. eventually you burn out and end up realizing that the relationship was not what you thought it was and probably end it. the other person may be caught off guard and you are charged with being cold and ruthless because they don't understand why you are acting in such a way. in truth, it was because you never allowed them to do their part in the relationship and took it all on yourself. so, it would be beneficial to allow the other person to take on some of that burden by letting go and trusting them to do their part; allow them make up some of the rules, standards, and protocols for managing the relationship but also allow them to make mistakes. not only does it allow you to have less of a burden but allows the other to grow and learn from the relationship as well. by relinquishing some of the emotional burden this will allow you to discover if they are worthy of this abundance of love you have to offer or not.
                      i read this about "facing problems" in a relationship because of the ace of cups. does it make sense? or am i completely looney ?!
                      softly singing her wee frog prince to sleep.........

patiently awaiting the arrival of mr. darcy. (hopefully, my husband won't be the one to answer the door!)

AVAILABLE FOR READINGS

for tarot reading please review my tarot code of ethics at http://curiousfaestarotsite.blogspot...of-ethics.html
                      or tarot readings here at MW see post http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.ph...=1#post2967043

Comment

Hi curiousfae. I used the Legend: Arthurian tarot, and I don't read reversed (something I forgot to tell Brightshores in last week's thread!)

3/Pentacles. Are you one of those people who doesn't like group projects because no one else gets anything done right (or done at all)? This says to me that you're thrown into groups that you don't necessarily want to be in, especially because you seem to be the only one who takes it seriously. You're trying to plan ahead and see this goal realized, but no one else quite shares your vision. I would guess that whatever this project is, it's something very dear to your heart that you personally want to succeed. Because of that, I want to say it could be a family issue (?). (I'm throwing that out there because it's just something I "got". The cards don't necessarily say so.)

Chariot. This and the next card being Major Arcana say to me that this is probably something happening to you right now. You are probably trying to actively control the situation; the way this relates to the 3/pentacles, I think, is that you're very self-confident about your abilities and naturally take the lead in this situation, possibly to the ill feeling of others.

Hierophant. The way this card interacts with the others leads me to believe that you should sit back and make sure others feel "heard" when a situation like this appears. Instead of being the individualist, let yourself be part of the group for awhile, and see if you learn anything from them - not just for the goal you want to accomplish, but look for insight to apply to other parts of your life.

I hope this made sense! :ballonsmi <--- damn, what a cute smiley.
                        http://www.inlucesco.com

Comment

And I'll read for you inlucesco
                          Each man performs his service to the Holy according to what he is, not according to what he is not; after all, the sacrifice must not surpass the proper measure of the worshiper. - Iamblichus

Comment

Reading for SparkleWytch

Goddess Deck (Note - some major arcana in this deck have different names; I've put the standard name in parentheses after the deck-specific name)

1) What is the reoccurring life issue?
                            Sacrifice - Kwan Yin (Hanged Man)
                            You have some very deeply introspective tendencies. You can get very focused on spiritual pursuits - higher principles, ideas, causes, and things of the mind. While this is a very good thing, it can cause problems sometimes.

2) How is it affecting you now?
                            Power - Freya (Emperor)
                            Your high-mindedness can help you create order and stability around you, but however it can make dealing with the mundane aspects of everyday life somewhat more difficult. It can also cause others to see you as somewhat dictatorial and singleminded with respect to the causes and ideas that are meaningful to you. Problems can arise when others feel that you are trying too hard to get them to share your passions and strong drive regarding a given issue or topic.

3) What can you do to overcome it?
                            King of Cups Reversed
                            To overcome this - be careful of getting too emotionally involved with your issues or causes, and try to create a little bit of distance between your external goals and your personal relationships. Try to remember that ideas and issues that are deeply important to you may not carry the same emotional weight with everyone.

Hope this makes a bit of sense!
                            sigpic

MW Tarot Readings NOT currently accepting tarot reading requests via PM, but will answer posts in the Reading Request subforum if it is possible for me to do so. :spinnysmi

Comment

Thanks, Taliesyn!
                              Originally posted by Taliesyn View Post
                              1st card- Four Wands-
                              I see this as getting to a successful point, a happy level of security and happiness, and "micro-managing" it. looking at life with a maginfying glass.
                              Well - that's certainly a goal of mine.. and I might be trying a bit too hard these days to reach it...
                              2nd card- Magician (reversed)
                              I see you as trying to loosen up the reins a bit right now, to let go and let others make the decisions (and give the bulk of the Energy) to the situation- but you don't want to let go of the authority- this could lead others to feel stifled, as well as yourself- It might be better to set boundaries and give those others a bit of self atonomy.
                              Hmm... interesting points. Perhaps I have to redirect my energy in a more productive way, and allow others to do the same.
                              3rd card- Page swords (reversed)
                              if you don't know where to send your energy, it'll be wasted. take a moment to pause and reflect, then act from that place of calm.
                              As hard as it is to do that, I think you're probably right!

Thank you very much for the insightful and thought-provoking reading! It definitely makes sense right about now.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X