Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spread of the Week - 2/8/07 to 2/15/07

Spread of the Week rules / instructions:

1. A new spread will be posted weekly (hopefully I'll manage it every Thursday and we may change it to bi-weekly or monthly if weekly doesn't seem like enough time to get the readings done).

2. If you'd like to attempt the spread and have a reading done for you using that spread in return, post in the thread.

3. The first person to post will receive the first reading from the 2nd person to post, etc. So, whoever posts in front of you is who you read for, and whoever posts behind you is who is reading for you.

4. The readings should be posted in the thread so that others can read them (after all, this is for the purposes of learning and we all learn better by reading over examples by others) UNLESS the reader deems that the information is too personal to be shared on an open board. If that is the case, then the reader should PM the person they are reading for, but post in the thread that the results were personal and their querent has been PM'd with the results of the reading.

5. Do not post in the threads if you are not willing to read for others. This is a reading exchange, not a free reading.

6. Use only the spread posted. You may use whatever deck you like.

If anyone else can think of any additional questions or rules, please let me know and I'll edit this post. I think the rules should be posted as the first post every week.

If you have a spread you'd like to submit for the "Spread of the Week", PM me and I'll add it to the queue. Potential spreads should be 10 cards or less, for ease of posting and to not overwhelm newbies who'd like to participate.

As usual, the first person to respond will read for me, and I will read for the last person to respond.
    Last edited by LisaT4P; February 8th, 2007, 05:23 PM.
    :fpraise: All hail the mighty SEARCH function! :fpraiseyo

See the completed cards from the MW Tarot Project @ the link below:

If "a gentle touch speaks volumes" imagine what a bitch-slap can do! ~ me

This week's spread was found in the Favorite Spreads thread and was posted by Windsmith. There is no title for it, though.

Windsmith Says: I learned it from 2 fabulously wicked witches named Donald Engstrom-Reese and Teri Parsley Starnes. I don't know if they originated it, but they taught it to me.

____1____

4___3____2

____5________6

(6 can go in any of the "corners," at an angle to the rest of the spread)

1. What you bring in: experiences or lessons from the past that can be helpful in dealing with the situation
    2. External influences on the situation
    3. Your attitude toward the situation
    4. Outcome
    5. What you take out: experiences or lessons you will gain from this experience that can be helpful going forward.
    6. The heart of the matter. This is a trickier one to explain. It's the "Why?" to the "What?" that was the original question. I call it "the question you didn't know to ask about the situation."

Comment

It seems as though this one will be a good one for a specific question. So, my question for whoever reads for me is: I have a an old friend re-appearing in my life... what's up with that??

Comment

I'm in, Lisa. I'll read for you tommorow night.

Comment

I'm in too.
          Do you have a specific question, Taliesyn?
          Each man performs his service to the Holy according to what he is, not according to what he is not; after all, the sacrifice must not surpass the proper measure of the worshiper. - Iamblichus

Comment

I'll read for you, Zephyrstorm. Do you have a question or subject?

To whoever is kind enough to read for me: my "situation" would revolve around my husband and I hoping to have a child in the near future... frame the question however is most useful for you; if you need me to be more specific let me know. Thanks!
            Last edited by Brightshores; February 9th, 2007, 02:00 PM.
            sigpic

Forum Guide: Gods and Goddesses

MW Tarot Readings NOT currently accepting tarot reading requests via PM, but will answer posts in the Reading Request subforum if it is possible for me to do so. :spinnysmi

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyrstorm View Post
              I'm in too.
              Do you have a specific question, Taliesyn?
              I have alot of creative projects going on right now. can you give me giudance on hwo I should proceed?

Comment

Originally posted by Brightshores View Post
                I'll read for you, Zephyrstorm. Do you have a question or subject?

To whoever is kind enough to read for me: my "situation" would revolve around my husband and I hoping to have a child in the near future... frame the question however is most useful for you; if you need me to be more specific let me know. Thanks!
                Uhmm... I could use some insight into my career or my education - I'm faced with the chance to walk away from my job later this year and go back to school. could you give me some insight into it?

Originally posted by Taliesyn View Post
                I have alot of creative projects going on right now. can you give me giudance on hwo I should proceed?
                Sure thing. I'll get it for you here in a bit. :ballonsmi
                Each man performs his service to the Holy according to what he is, not according to what he is not; after all, the sacrifice must not surpass the proper measure of the worshiper. - Iamblichus

Comment

____1____

4___3____2

____5________6

1. What you bring in: experiences or lessons from the past that can be helpful in dealing with the situation
                  4. Outcome
                  5. What you take out: experiences or lessons you will gain from this experience that can be helpful going forward.
                  6. The heart of the matter. This is a trickier one to explain. It's the "Why?" to the "What?" that was the original question. I call it "the question you didn't know to ask about the situation."

Originally posted by LisaT4P View Post
                  It seems as though this one will be a good one for a specific question. So, my question for whoever reads for me is: I have a an old friend re-appearing in my life... what's up with that??
                  okay, Here you go!
                  1- The Ace of Cups- I see this as saying that at the time you last knew this person, you had some new feelings, something that shaped your relationship with them.
                  2-hermit- I see this as saying that this person is coming to you for advice, as an expert.
                  3- Queen Pentacles reversed-I think you are holding back from this person, that you don't really feel comfortable sharing your "wealth" - maybe your advice- *intuition* because he/she would squander it.
                  4-Chariot reversed- Things aren't going to be very successful, and I think that this person will go back out of your life.
                  5-4 cups- As a lesson, I see this card as saying that you will understand what is real and important in your life, and not waste your energy on other things.
                  6-six wands reversed- so, maybe the underlying question is "what is holding me back from fully letting go of things that keep me from succeeding?"

hope it helps!

I don't really like this spread- I think it is a bit vague for my style of reading- I don't have enough info to get my juices flowing- or maybe I'm just tired from work

Comment

Originally posted by Taliesyn View Post
                    7 – swords: In the past, you had a definite idea of where your creativity could lead you – which was usually about making discoveries about yourself and your materials.

9 – coins: right now you are doing well enough financially and time-wise to work on your creative outlets.

3. Your attitude toward the situation:
                    4 – swords: right now you have the right mindset to sit back and really think about what you are wanting to make. It’s also a good time to explore new methods of working and pushing your style in new directions. (are there any materials you’ve always wanted to work with creatively but haven’t had the chance?)

4. Outcome
                    The Magician: You have the tools and the ability to create what you will. I get a strong vibe of “Taliesyn is the Magician” in this reading.

The Hanged Man: I see this as being an opportunity for you to gain a new perspective on your creative style or approach. I really see a chance to try something new in your projects.

5 – cups: The center of all of this is that you need to follow your heart. Your relationships in particular may play a role in how you are expressing yourself creatively. Where you are in your life right now is very safe for creative endeavors.

What a great time to feel creative!
                    I see the lack of wands as being indicative that you’re procrastinating about this – choose the project that speaks to your heart and passions and pursue it. On an internal level, everything is ready for you to start. Go out and be the artist you are.

:cheers: I feel silly ending every reading saying things along the lines of “I hope that works for you” but I sincerely do hope so!
                    Only one thing is worse than a creative block, and it’s having so many projects in your head that you can’t possibly ever express them all.

Comment

Thanks, Taliesyn. I'll keep the vagueness in mind and let you know my thoughts on it after I do the last reading.

As for the spread you read for me, it does make sense. The friend in question used to be a boyfriend & stirred up some old feelings and pseudo obligations. He may not be seeking advice, but he's seeking a friendship, and I'm not sure how much I can give him. My family has to come first, of course. That is what 4 and 5 are saying. What is most important to me is the health of my marriage. So, I need to use # 6 to help me let go of past feelings of involvement with this person and move forward. I can be his friend, but from a distance.

Thanks, that cleared up his intentions a bit!

(Hi Gareth! How are you honey? )
                      Last edited by LisaT4P; February 9th, 2007, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Uhmm... I could use some insight into my career or my education - I'm faced with the chance to walk away from my job later this year and go back to school. could you give me some insight into it?
                        Will do my best. Sorry I didn't get to it this evening - will get to it tomorrow. Hope that's OK!
                        sigpic

Forum Guide: Gods and Goddesses

MW Tarot Readings NOT currently accepting tarot reading requests via PM, but will answer posts in the Reading Request subforum if it is possible for me to do so. :spinnysmi

Comment

7 – swords: In the past, you had a definite idea of where your creativity could lead you – which was usually about making discoveries about yourself and your materials.
                          you are right on here- I spent much time exploring media- from Oil Paint to Leather work! (also, I made a bunch of tools )

Originally posted by Zephyrstorm
                          9 – coins: right now you are doing well enough financially and time-wise to work on your creative outlets.
                          This is true- it's always been feast or famine for us- this is the first time in my life where i have both time and materials at the same time!
                          3. Your attitude toward the situation:
                          4 – swords: right now you have the right mindset to sit back and really think about what you are wanting to make. It’s also a good time to explore new methods of working and pushing your style in new directions. (are there any materials you’ve always wanted to work with creatively but haven’t had the chance?)
                          Well, I guess a new method is getting this deck done! I have been sketching for it and kicking the idea around for about twenty years! :LOL - as for new materials, I'll look around- I do have this Idea of a lighted staff (nothing silly- I love to hike at night)
                          4. Outcome
                          The Magician: You have the tools and the ability to create what you will. I get a strong vibe of “Taliesyn is the Magician” in this reading.
                          I do feel like that- I have so much energy for this right now.
                          The Hanged Man: I see this as being an opportunity for you to gain a new perspective on your creative style or approach. I really see a chance to try something new in your projects.
                          I really see this as before- the "style" of actually finishing something.
                          5 – cups: The center of all of this is that you need to follow your heart. Your relationships in particular may play a role in how you are expressing yourself creatively. Where you are in your life right now is very safe for creative endeavors.
                          Yeah, I am.

What a great time to feel creative!
                          I see the lack of wands as being indicative that you’re procrastinating about this – choose the project that speaks to your heart and passions and pursue it. On an internal level, everything is ready for you to start. Go out and be the artist you are.

:cheers: I feel silly ending every reading saying things along the lines of “I hope that works for you” but I sincerely do hope so!
                          Only one thing is worse than a creative block, and it’s having so many projects in your head that you can’t possibly ever express them all.
                          thanks Zephyrstorm- that was an excellent reading. very accurate. that last bit, though, about not wanting to say "I hope this works for you!"- I start every online reading wiht- "here you go!" and end it with "hope this helps!"
                          It give a begginning and end to the reading, and helps me "turn on and off".

Comment

I will read for Brightshores.

My question is, "I have a training class to attend this week, what do I need to learn here?
                            Last edited by Shatril; February 10th, 2007, 01:05 PM.

Ask, believe, receive. Thoughts become things!
                            I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
                            democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Comment

This is for Brightshores.

____1____

4___3____2

____5________6

Used the Witch's Tarot

1. What you bring in: experiences or lessons from the past that can be
                              helpful in dealing with the situation

V High Priest--Energy as in the power to manifest your desires. With good positive thinking this will happen as you wish it to.

The Prince of Swords--OOOOOOO this is the confirmation that the process has either taken place or is taking place. It looks like the male in this situation is capable and is in it completely. Fruition sounds emminent.

Two of Wands--You bring wisdom to this process. Apparently what you have learned to aid in this process will be useful, and integral to the success.

4. Outcome

The King of Pentacles--I can't help but write what the LWB says for this. That which is represented by card modified is at the stage of creative urge. Since Earth denotes the phisical, this could denote possible pregnancy, but not one that current. It is more a matter of the child being a "gleam in the father's eye." <Chuckles> This sounds like it is a given to me. Get on with the process. Get that gleam from dad's eye and do something with it. LOL

Well I had to have help with the next card which was the Two of Cups. I drew a clarification card which was the Queen of Pentacles--So with that I have concluded that your intuition and impetus will help you set down roots and bring you into the more material world. This is not a bad thing, but it may be that you will come to terms with the physical world and become more grounded as a result of the pregnancy. Explore earthy subjects.

Seven of Wands--My best guess here is that both parties need to be fully into this. You both must want this victory to acheive it. The question would by "Why do you want this pregnancy, and are we both fully aboard on this decision?"

Let me know what you think.

Shatril

Ask, believe, receive. Thoughts become things!
                              I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
                              democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Comment

Working...
                              X