Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spread of the Week - 3/31/07 to 4/6/07

Spread of the Week rules / instructions:

1. A new spread will be posted weekly (hopefully I'll manage it every Thursday and we may change it to bi-weekly or monthly if weekly doesn't seem like enough time to get the readings done).

2. If you'd like to attempt the spread and have a reading done for you using that spread in return, post in the thread.

3. The first person to post will receive the first reading from the 2nd person to post, etc. So, whoever posts in front of you is who you read for, and whoever posts behind you is who is reading for you.

4. The readings should be posted in the thread so that others can read them (after all, this is for the purposes of learning and we all learn better by reading over examples by others) UNLESS the reader deems that the information is too personal to be shared on an open board. If that is the case, then the reader should PM the person they are reading for, but post in the thread that the results were personal and their querent has been PM'd with the results of the reading.

5. Do not post in the threads if you are not willing to read for others. This is a reading exchange, not a free reading.

6. Use only the spread posted. You may use whatever deck you like.

If anyone else can think of any additional questions or rules, please let me know and I'll edit this post. I think the rules should be posted as the first post every week.

If you have a spread you'd like to submit for the "Spread of the Week", PM me and I'll add it to the queue. Potential spreads should be 10 cards or less, for ease of posting and to not overwhelm newbies who'd like to participate.

As usual, the first person to respond will read for me, and I will read for the last person to respond.
    :fpraise: All hail the mighty SEARCH function! :fpraiseyo

See the completed cards from the MW Tarot Project @ the link below:

If "a gentle touch speaks volumes" imagine what a bitch-slap can do! ~ me

This one was suggested by Brightshores and inspired by the upcoming Baseball season and two spreads from her Baseball Tarot deck.

Layout:

2 3 4

1. The Pitch - The situation you're facing, what reality is handing at you, what's coming at you.
    2. Hit - An advisable move; a good way of dealing with the situation.
    3. Ball - An action that might help.
    4. Strike - The wrong way to go.

You can either ask for a general reading, or for a specific question with this one, I think.

My question: just general please!

Comment

Hey is it you for me this week Lisa? Yay

General reading is good for me. I like this one.

Ask, believe, receive. Thoughts become things!
      I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
      democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Comment

I'll read for you Shatril, if it's OK.

I'd like another career reading this week, if possible, for whoever reads for me. Thanks!
        Last edited by Brightshores; March 31st, 2007, 10:09 AM. Reason: I can't spell
        sigpic

Forum Guide: Gods and Goddesses

MW Tarot Readings NOT currently accepting tarot reading requests via PM, but will answer posts in the Reading Request subforum if it is possible for me to do so. :spinnysmi

Comment

And I'll do the career reading for you Brightshores.

Uhmm.. A general reading for me.
          Baseball's not my thing, but this reading looks nice.
          Each man performs his service to the Holy according to what he is, not according to what he is not; after all, the sacrifice must not surpass the proper measure of the worshiper. - Iamblichus

Comment

Layout:

2 3 4

1. The Pitch - Knight of Wands
            Right now you are trying to find out if you are really moving in the direction you should be. Following one's Will can be challenging. There may be a lot of activity in your life regarding your career. There may also be a chance of acting rashly. You aren't sure if you are in the right field or not.

2. Hit - Ace of Cups
            What is your heart telling you to do? There is potential for you to follow your dreams. Your intuition and heart can guide you in the direction which will make you happy.

3. Ball - Eight of Pentacles
            The decision will be easier if you go ahead and work on it. You are nearing decision time but aren't quite there yet. Keep working, and don't give up. Take pride and enjoyment from the things you do.

4. Strike - Justice
            Perhaps now is not the time to measure every pro and con in the careers you are looking into. Don't be overly concerned with seeing how each one measures in terms of equity and the like.
            (a thought from me: The job you'd love is worth more than a hated job that would pay more. And you never know what the job is really like from the outside anyway.)

I wish you good fortune in your career, whatever that may be, Brightshores.
            (interestingly, this reading is really well balanced. Fire, Water, Earth and Air are all here.)
            Each man performs his service to the Holy according to what he is, not according to what he is not; after all, the sacrifice must not surpass the proper measure of the worshiper. - Iamblichus

Comment

Thank you very much, Zephyrstorm..

I do feel like I'm at some kind of crossroads here... Depending on how my interview goes, I may have the opportunity to take a bit of a fork in the road regarding my career... in an interesting, yet risky new direction. I'm excited about this, and kind of feel (though it may sound silly) that events are now in the Universe's hands.. so we'll see what happens. It seems like no matter what I do, life keeps trying to spiral me back into one specific direction... maybe it's time to let go and go with it.

Thank you so much for your insights, and thank you also for your kind words and wishes.
              sigpic

MW Tarot Readings NOT currently accepting tarot reading requests via PM, but will answer posts in the Reading Request subforum if it is possible for me to do so. :spinnysmi

Comment

Not a problem.
                I've been at a similar place until recently.

Comment

For Shatril

Hi Shatril...

Here's what I came up with this week.
                  I used the Baseball Tarot, which renamed all the cards. I'll put the traditional name in parentheses for clarity. I'm still learning this deck, so please bear with me!

The Pitch - Four of Balls: Sidelined (Four of Swords)
                  You seem to be in a lull between periods of activity, taking time for yourself to recover and come to terms with the past. This is a good thing. Like the injured baseball player in the dugout pictured in this card, make sure you take time to rest, and make sure you are well enough, mentally, physically, and spiritually, to progress towards the future.

Hit - Six of Mitts: Nostalgia (Six of Cups)
                  It looks like this period of rest is helping you deal with the past in some way. Whether it is pleasant memories that you have to reconcile with the present, or whether it is mistakes from the past that you have to learn from and integrate with your way of approaching problems, it is important for you now to use the past as a guide to dealing with problems that are arising in the present and future.

Ball - Eight of Bases: Eye on the Ball Reversed (8 of Pentacles Reversed)
                  You may be in a situation that requires more single-minded attention and discipline than you were expecting. Make sure that when you emerge from this period of rest and reflection that you put the required effort into achieving your goals; right now, more work is needed to get you where you want to be.

Strike - Batting a Thousand (The Star)
                  While the situation in general looks good, I think this card in this position echoes the warning in the previous card... Don't settle for mediocrity; don't allow anything to put you off, and don't let complacency interfere with your goals. The right effort in the right place can allow you to manifest success beyond your expectations.

~~
                  Hope this makes sense to you!
                  Last edited by Brightshores; April 4th, 2007, 11:47 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brightshores View Post
                    Hi Shatril...

Here's what I came up with this week.
                    I used the Baseball Tarot, which renamed all the cards. I'll put the traditional name in parentheses for clarity. I'm still learning this deck, so please bear with me!

The Pitch - Four of Balls: Sidelined (Four of Swords)
                    You seem to be in a lull between periods of activity, taking time for yourself to recover and come to terms with the past. This is a good thing. Like the injured baseball player in the dugout pictured in this card, make sure you take time to rest, and make sure you are well enough, mentally, physically, and spiritually, to progress towards the future.

Hit - Six of Mitts: Nostalgia (Six of Cups)
                    It looks like this period of rest is helping you deal with the past in some way. Whether it is pleasant memories that you have to reconcile with the present, or whether it is mistakes from the past that you have to learn from and integrate with your way of approaching problems, it is important for you now to use the past as a guide to dealing with problems that are arising in the present and future.

Ball - Eight of Bases: Eye on the Ball Reversed (8 of Pentacles Reversed)
                    You may be in a situation that requires more single-minded attention and discipline than you were expecting. Make sure that when you emerge from this period of rest and reflection that you put the required effort into achieving your goals; right now, more work is needed to get you where you want to be.

Strike - Batting a Thousand (The Star)
                    While the situation in general looks good, I think this card in this position echoes the warning in the previous card... Don't settle for mediocrity; don't allow anything to put you off, and don't let complacency interfere with your goals. The right effort in the right place can allow you to manifest success beyond your expectations.

~~
                    Hope this makes sense to you!
                    funny I am heading into a period of rest, in which I have to concentrate on getting some things done for my mom who is injured.

She fell and broke her shoulder, and to add to it we started having diabetes crisises that we didn't know how to handle. So the job that is more than i wanted, but the upshot is that it is teaching me a lot about myself, my family and how we handle stress. Discipline was a big issue at first. I found myself wanting to finish tasks before going to take care of mom, and this would have been disasterous in a couple of instances had I given in to that urge. It has been a good experience for us all, and mom is finally doing much better. Still needs help, but we have it down to an art and most importantly a schedule that the family keeps and no one is over burdened.

I'm sure the strike is about the job of finding out what aid my mom can get, as she is declining in her ability to deal with things. I have a tendency to go with the flow, and possibly procrastinate. This is something that I can't allow myself to do, or I won't get the proper care needed.

So yep, this makes perfect sense, and it was a good reminder to me to take care of myself along the way, but not let the ball drop when it comes to my mom's needs.

Great job.

Shatril

I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
                    democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I hope your mom feels much better soon.
                      sigpic

Comment

this looks like a really cool spread! I don't like baseball much but that's alright, I would never have thought of this! It's brilliant!
                        Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
                        "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

In Darkness I Know Myself

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

Comment

This is for LisaT4P
                          I was drawn to use the Jungian Tarot today for this.

Originally posted by LisaT4P
                          1. The Pitch - The situation you're facing, what reality is handing at you, what's coming at you.

The Prince of Coins--It would look like a business opportunity is in the offing, humm wonder how I knew that was right. The prince is telling you that you need to adjust some things that may actually make you feel a little less secure in the process. However, this guy gives you the method to balance what is necessary to succeed.

2. Hit - An advisable move; a good way of dealing with the situation.

King of Swords--There is someone that is advising you to take aggressive actions in this matter. This should be considered as wise counsel.

3. Ball - An action that might help.

Four of Wand--Well I probably don't need to tell you that it is going to take hard work to make this work. However, it will be worth it.

4. Strike - The wrong way to go.

The Emperor--He's been there, done that, and wears the t-shirt as proof, and one would be crazy not to take his advice, right? Well in this instance it seems that possibly someone who seems to know what they are talking about is giving you some "wise" advice that you would be better off not heeding. I think you probably already know and feel that the advice is not a good idea for you.

You can either ask for a general reading, or for a specific question with this one, I think.

Comment

aluokaloo83, will you be reading for Brightshores then?

Shatril, thank you! I'm going to mull it over and get back to you, I'm @ work right now....

Comment

Actually I'm after Brightshores.

Comment

Working...
                              X