some thing easy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some thing easy

I just recently got back into doing tarot and have lost my book for it. Can anyone tell me how to do a simple lay out. I don't want to do a long drawn out spread now. I just need something simple to start and when I get more comfortable I will move on to the more complex spreads.

Forever lost in the Everquest

Hi!

How about the 3 card spread, for past, present, future?

You lay your first card to the right, this is past or basis of the situation, the next card to the left of that card....this is present-things happening now in the situation....and the last card to the left of that....this on is future-how the situation will evolve. It all relates to the question asked.

If this doesn't work for you, let me know and I will try to find you a different simple spread. Keep in mind that the spreads that work best are the ones that you create.

Dagda
    Dagda

Comment

How?

How do I create my own spreads? This would be great if I knew how to do this!

Comment

You will have to decide first, what questions you want answered. Is it a romance spread? Finanacial? Spiritual? Career?

Each position will answer a question, or define the card.

ex:

In the 'celtic cross spread' the #2 card position 'crosses' you, that means "opposition". It is the circumstances that are working against you in the situation. Say you drew the Chariot for that position...it could mean that your ego or will/stubborness is getting in the way....or a trip you are taking is actually working against you...maybe you are forcing an issue....depends on what the card says to you and what the other cards around it is telling you.

You then incorportate the meaning of the card laid there into the position.

Your spread can take any shape you like, or not at all....some people will lay more than one card in a position to better understand the meaning of the first card laid there.

You may create a spread by just starting a line of cards, a position for career, money, romance. There are so many ways to lay out cards!

For tons of layouts, visit this site! There are over 50 spreads. After the name of the layout there are a few numbers/letters in parenthesis ....the first# is the number of cards that spread contains. If you stick to the first 21 spreads, you should do just fine!! This way you can also get an idea for positions and what you will want to incorporate into a spread that is all your own.
        There are also books you can purchase that are just about spreads.

You can also search Amazon.com for 'Tarot Spread', it will take you to a page that lists all the books they have available from that search. If you don't wish to purchase these online, write down the name, author and the ISBN number, and go to your local bookstore and ask them to order it for you!

http://www.amazon.com

You might also want to check out this site of different 3-card spreads:

http://www.lunarace.com/layout2.html

I hope I was of some help to you....and didn't confuse you too much!!

Dagda
        Last edited by Dagda Moon~Lily; March 12th, 2001, 12:51 AM.
        Dagda

Comment

would it be okay if I laid out another question over an old one? What I mean is it okay to ask one question, then ask another with out reshuffling my deck and laying the next three cards over the old question?

Comment

To Shuffle or Not To Shuffle.....

I would suggest shuffling, but it really depends on your gut feeling....if the cards feel right in your hands without shuffling, then go ahead. Otherwise shuffle again. I have read at one time (source forgotten long ago) that when shuffling the cards, you should shuffle them at least 9 times to get a completely random draw of the cards. What I do, I shuffle 3x and cut, shuffle 3x and cut, shuffle 3x, cut and deal.....if you are having someone else shuffle the cards, then you shuffle them first for how ever long you feel comfortable, then hand them over to the querant (the person the layout is for) and have them shuffle as many or as few times as they deem necessary.

Dagda

Comment

Great suggestions Dagda

I was catually thinking over the weekend that now we are half way through the major arcana, maybe it would be really nice to actually upload some diagrams of our own spreads like mol is doing with the cards (just simple ones drawn in photoshop or paint shop) and explain them to each other....what do you think?

New mommy & loving every minute of it!
              Co-moderator ~ Tarot & Divination
              &

Comment

Spread Layouts

Sorry to butt my nose into this thread, but I think pics of spreads are going to be necessary... and a great idea to boot .

~ew, stepping back out~

Comment

Great idea!

If you have any Links to pages that have some interesting spreads on them, post them too!

Here's my link contribution:

http://www.coos.or.us/~ghess/arcana/tarotfaq.htm

Have fun!

Dagda

Comment

Here's some illustrations of decks I've scanned in... (Gave up trying to make them in photoshop..)

Would be nice to hold a class/discussion on each maybe? (But I didnt know how to post them to appear in this message like mol does...)

Past, Present and Future
                    &

Comment

The four card version of this simple classic...
                      &

Comment

A six card layout one - This one can read really well and all tie intogether or can be quite hard to read with...

See what you think..
                        &

Comment

A Five card spread for a Personal insight...
                          &

Comment

The Year Spread - The first card is from the date you are starting at so if I was doing one now I would say -
                            for the first card - Mid March to Mid April - then the second card would be - Mid April to Mid May - and so on...
                            Can be a bit tricky and in my opinion superficial but still fun to try out!
                            &

Comment

And finally the brilliant Celtic Cross!

Have Fun!
                              &

Comment

Working...
                              X