Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spread of the Week - 5/16/07 to 5/23/07

Spread of the Week rules / instructions:

1. A new spread will be posted weekly (hopefully I'll manage it every Thursday and we may change it to bi-weekly or monthly if weekly doesn't seem like enough time to get the readings done).

2. If you'd like to attempt the spread and have a reading done for you using that spread in return, post in the thread.

3. The first person to post will receive the first reading from the 2nd person to post, etc. So, whoever posts in front of you is who you read for, and whoever posts behind you is who is reading for you.

4. The readings should be posted in the thread so that others can read them (after all, this is for the purposes of learning and we all learn better by reading over examples by others) UNLESS the reader deems that the information is too personal to be shared on an open board. If that is the case, then the reader should PM the person they are reading for, but post in the thread that the results were personal and their querent has been PM'd with the results of the reading.

5. Do not post in the threads if you are not willing to read for others. This is a reading exchange, not a free reading.

6. Use only the spread posted. You may use whatever deck you like.

If anyone else can think of any additional questions or rules, please let me know and I'll edit this post. I think the rules should be posted as the first post every week.

If you have a spread you'd like to submit for the "Spread of the Week", PM me and I'll add it to the queue. Potential spreads should be 10 cards or less, for ease of posting and to not overwhelm newbies who'd like to participate.

As usual, the first person to respond will read for me, and I will read for the last person to respond.
    :fpraise: All hail the mighty SEARCH function! :fpraiseyo

See the completed cards from the MW Tarot Project @ the link below:

If "a gentle touch speaks volumes" imagine what a bitch-slap can do! ~ me

This week we will start doing everyone's version of the (in)famous Celtic Cross spread! Woot!

So, since Taliesyn was the 1st one to send to me, here is his (I'm not sure if this is what your layout looks like though):

5.....! / 2 / 3.....7.....10

!. significator, chosen from the court cards the are most like the querent- pages for young girls, queens for women, knights for boys, kings for men.

now shuffle, cut, whatever-

2. covers one- general atmosphere

3. crosses one- obstacles (or maybe contributing factors, if 1 is a negative card)

4. below one- distant past

5. behind one- recent past

6. above one- thoughts, hopes, fears

7. before one- future (general)

8. self - in the future

9.envorinment- how others see you in the future

10. hopes and fears- future

11. culmination- if things go unchanged from the present course, the outcome of the question
    Last edited by LisaT4P; May 16th, 2007, 06:14 PM.

Comment

I'll join in! I'll read for you, LisaT4P!

Edited to Add:

I usually use the Queen of Wands as my significator! Thanks!
      Last edited by FoxFae; May 17th, 2007, 09:48 PM.

Comment

I'll read for Foxfae

Ask, believe, receive. Thoughts become things!
        I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
        democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Comment

I'll read for Shatril!

ETA: significator... hrm... I'm a Queen of Cups or Queen of Pents type, depending on the day. Not sure which to recommend, but either of those two would work (:
          Last edited by TheRiverDaughter; May 18th, 2007, 11:31 AM.

Comment

FoxFae just had a very good point. If you have a specific significator or card that you identify with, you should probably edit your post to include it, so that it is easier on your reader.

If you don't have one, you can discuss with your reader and they can select for you, or they can do a shuffle and select one, then reshuffle to do the reading.

Also, if you have a specific question, you can certainly ask it for this spread.

So, FoxFae... I normally use the Queen of Swords as my sig. and I'd like just a general "what's going on" sort of srpead, if you don't mind. :D

Edited to add: We'll be doing a whole series of these CC spreads, so if you have your own version that you'd like to submit, please PM it to me!
            Last edited by LisaT4P; May 17th, 2007, 01:03 PM.

Comment

I'll read for SentineledFirs!

the card I identify with at the moment is the four of swords mainly because in my deck it has the swords crossed and it represents balance which is something I am aiming for in my life at the moment!

Oh guess what guys! I joined the Navy! *does a little dance* thought I'd share
              Last edited by pentacledreamer; May 17th, 2007, 01:28 PM.
              I danced within a circle, and a flower of light blossomed within my heart!

my deviantart

Comment

I use the 9 of pentacles from the RWS, however, have not found a court card that I relate with.

Shatril

I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
                democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Comment

I'm in!
                  my card? well, I'm the fool

Comment

sotw

i'll read for pentacledreamer-

whomever reads for me i would like the queen of coins as my sig card. thanks!
                    softly singing her wee frog prince to sleep.........

patiently awaiting the arrival of mr. darcy. (hopefully, my husband won't be the one to answer the door!)

AVAILABLE FOR READINGS

for tarot reading please review my tarot code of ethics at http://curiousfaestarotsite.blogspot...of-ethics.html
                    or tarot readings here at MW see post http://mysticwicks.com/showthread.ph...=1#post2967043

Comment

I'll read for curiousfae... and I don't usually use significators, but would probably identify with the Queen of Swords
                      sigpic

Forum Guide: Gods and Goddesses

MW Tarot Readings NOT currently accepting tarot reading requests via PM, but will answer posts in the Reading Request subforum if it is possible for me to do so. :spinnysmi

Comment

okay, I'm, uber confused. who am i reading for?

Comment

Originally posted by Taliesyn View Post
                          okay, I'm, uber confused. who am i reading for?
                          From what I can see you should be reading for PentacleDreamer, and CuriousFae should be reading for you Taliesyn.

Shatril

Comment

Shatril -

I'm going to go ahead and use the 9 of pents as your significator, since that's what you're used to using. However, I'm going to need an extra day to get your reading done - I know this is supposed to end today, but it'll be tomorrow (or maybe Friday, but hopefully not) before I can get it done, especially since this is a big spread.

): I hope that's ok

busily,
                            Lauren
                            SF

Comment

For Foxfae using RWS

Here is your reading. Let me know how I did.

1) Queen Wands-Significator
                              2) Page of Pentacles—This is the overall atmosphere and this indicates a student, probably one the is working where they practice what they are learning. (yes I peaked)
                              3) Seven of Cups—This one fascinates me no end, as I pulled this card reversed, and if you know me I am meticulous about making sure that my cards are ALL going the same way, however for this card it did indeed come out reversed. This is the obstacle or contributing factor, and I get the feeling that you have several dreams about what you want, and you may be having a hard time deciding which ones to pursue. You are going to grab them by the horns and do them, once you do decide though
                              4) Two of Wands—Distant past. It seems in the past you were exceptionally successful at a specific area, and this success has in some way narrowed the options for you. It may have set the majors for you if you got a scholarship, and could be the reason for you having TWO majors. (yes, I looked)
                              5) Page of Wands—In the recent past, you started a new project. I can’t tell what it is, but it has something to do with your education or status as a student.
                              6) Four Cups—Thoughts, hopes and fears—here you are dreaming again. Are ya bored stiff with the same ole, same ole? Are you afraid that the future will be dull and boring once you leave school? If so, then you need to look closely for the opportunities that are being offered to you. One of those will keep you from those concerns
                              7) Ten Wands—before one, the future—your fire (wands) enthusiasm has caused you to put a lot on your plate. You feel burdened at some point in the future by the weight of responsibility.
                              8) Four Wands—Self in future—this is such a happy card to me. This is about feeling safe enough to come out of the closed walls, and enjoy yourself. The closed walls may be that of the college, where you feel safe, but slightly bored. You will move from this closed in position with joy to the awaiting warmth of the fire (wands), where love is waiting.
                              9) The World—How others see you in the future—Look out world here she comes!!! The will see success and a person who has the world by the horns.
                              10) Queen Cups—Hopes and fears in the future—It seems that family is what you hope for, and the creation of the family that you will mold with the fierce gaze of the queen.
                              11) Six Wands—The triumphal parade—The victory parade, stay true to your dreams, keep you mind positive and define you wants and desires, and you will have success in abundance.

Comment

Working...
                              X