• Show
Clear All

• Tarot Card Study - The 10's

10 of Wands
    10 of Swords

10 of Cups
    10 of Pentacles

Wheel of Fortune

Please put pictures of your favorite versions of these cards if you have them. They can all be from the same deck or different decks. If you have more than one favorite, feel free to post all of them! Part of the fun of this will be showing off our decks and the fun for others will be seeing the images!

Please discuss why this / these are your fave version(s) of the particular card. What in the card speaks the most to you? How does it relate to the other #10 cards? Can you see The Wheel card in the minors? The suits in the Majors? Does looking @ the cards in this way change your perspectives?

We've discussed the Wheel before in relation to the 1's. Do you see any other Majors that you'd associate with the 10's? Perhaps The Sun or Judgement?

How would you interpret this card in different types of readings? What is your most frequent interpretation of this card, or what is your keyword or phrase for it?
    :fpraise: All hail the mighty SEARCH function! :fpraiseyo

See the completed cards from the MW Tarot Project @ the link below:

If "a gentle touch speaks volumes" imagine what a bitch-slap can do! ~ me

Here are the images of the 10's from the Archeon Tarot by Timothy Lantz:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...10Archaeon.jpg

Comment

I especially like the 10's in relation to the Wheel card. I see them as the end, or just after the end of something... they are about completion... so now the Wheel can turn and your luck can change.

Wands - taking on too much, feeling overwhelmed
      Swords - this is rock bottom, the only way to go is up
      Cups - wishes are fulfilled, happiness is achieved, shiny happy people holding hands
      Pentacles - financial security, your family is taken care of, safe & happy

Comment

I generally see 10's as a beginning and ending card - they're the last card, but the card "before" the Ace, in a way. Each one has a sense of completion and fulfillment about it, but also the promise of something new that is coming - a new direction or some such.

So I guess I read the cards *very* much as connected to the Wheel of Fortune!

Comment

To me, it's the 9s that are the ending cards, and the 10s are the beginning of a new cycle, after one journey has been made, like the epilogue in a book that promises a sequel.
          :cheers:

Comment

Yes, Glory, I think that is almost how Mary Greer describes it in her 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card book. Although I think she used the word "denoument". I'm currently working through that book with my coven and it has proved to be an interesting journey so far!

Comment

Let's work a bit on Zephyr's idea.. picking a symbol and looking @ it.

Usually in the 10 of Cups there is a rainbow, at least in most decks I've seen there is one, what do rainbows bring to mind for you?

Also, can you think of any decks that don't have a rainbow on this card? Is there some other symbol that is substituted for it?

Comment

10 cards definitely suggests the start of a new cycle, and not necessarily a new cycle in the same suite. In my understanding, the end of a cycle of Swords usually leads to the beginning of a cycle of Disks, and the end of Disks usually results in the start of Wands, and finally Wands lead to Cups--this repeats to infinitum. I base this theory on Kabbalah and the Tree of Life. Each differing suite represents a different world, and the order of the world goes from Wands to Cups to Swords to Disks and then back to Wands.

This can also be seen in the Fortune card which usually kicks in anything that has not been in motion for a while. If there is a prevalence of Wands in the recent past and present, then Fortune usually suggests a new tide of Cups. Of course, it doesn't always work so neatly. If there is a prevalence of everything but Swords in the recent past, then Fortune can bring a sudden rush of Swords into the situation. I don't think Fortune necessarily means The End or The Beginning, but a new influence rushing the scene. A rush of Swords might suggest a situation that was once stagnant becoming somewhat unhinged and running amuck, for example.

10 of Wands has always been about the death of the fires of creation--all the territory has been conquered and now you're the one who gets forced into the throne because you were the one who conquered everything. You probably don't want the spot, but you take it because no one else will. Yet, at the same time, you are incapable of management except through the use of singular force--you have issues delagating and allowing others to help. As a result, you are both stuck with responsibility you hate, but the situation dictates you lead regardless of your own feelings. Too much assertiveness and leadership calls for the beginning of receptivity and the Ace of Cups.

10 of Cups suggests finding where you belong in a situation and coming to terms with everything through acceptance. This does not necessarily mean you are with other people; rather, it is usually descriptive of being content with the hand you have been dealt. Your receptivity has been driven to the maximum and now the cup is filled--yet you cannot stay in this state forever as a filled cup only has a purpose if it is drained or poured. In negative situations, the 10 of Cups is getting what you want but finding it wasn't what you really wanted anyway. The 10 of Cups leads to the Ace of Swords, which suggests the seed of restlessness and the need for human interaction. Knowing where you belong is great and understanding the situation around you is wonderful, but now it's time to get out into the 'Real World.'

10 of Swords has always been the collapse of social relations, civilization, and the onset of social chaos. The social matrix has been ruined by selfishness and lunatic logic--logic divorced from Truth. In many ways, this is especially descriptive of human communities, societies, religions, institutions, languages, etc. Our need for knowledge and power results in not only fall from grace but the destruction of all that we hold intellectually dear. Yet, on the bright side, the human capacity for finding solutions makes this state transient...as soon as one civilization is destroyed, a new one is quickly created. Humans are pretty persistent and we can find solutions to almost anything through intellect. Unfortunately it is usually our solutions that destroy us as time progresses. The 10 of Swords also leads to the Ace of Disks.

10 of Disks is physical product that mirrors spiritual illumination. It combines both the temporal and the eternal, which gives it some of the same properties of the Hierophant. 10 of Disks is about finding permanent wealth that can be passed down through generations without tarnish--property, horses, inheritance, reputation, etc. It has taken on the permanence of divine inspiration but is manifest in the physical world. It suggests harmony of all physical things playing together according to the divine hand. Of course, this is very worrisome when it shows up in health readings as a cause of illness--this suggests genetic illness and will be difficult to throw off.

I tend to see this progression through a Christian perspective, perhaps because I am very enarmored with Christian mythology. You start with God who is split into male and female portions (fire and water) who creates man (swords) who subsequently falls and does a lot of terrible things. Yet, without the existence of man, there would be no need or possibility of Jesus who, despite being human, is the reflection of divinity and returns humanity to the hands of salvation. Thus, the flow of power goes from fire to water to air to earth and again to fire. The presence of 10 signifies the transition of power and an evolution in terms of creation.

Comment

Tarot 10s & Wheel of Fortune

These are all from The Witches Tarot

Ten of Wands-We have a plan, and it has become reality. That which we plan for and place thought on will manifest. Discrimination. Manifestation of thoughtforms.

Ten of Swords-For better or worse you will see the results of your actions. You may see the good, bad and ugly of what you have done.

Ten of Cups-you just knew it was coming and here it is. You know your feelings, and you are no long unsure.

Ten of Pentacles-You have gained financial stability, and a happy, happy home. You have the abundance of good health and wealth. Solidity.

Wheel of Fortune-Path 21 between Chesed and Netzach- The mercy of victory and the victory of mercy. This is the card of the Archetypes; ours and others. This is where you ask yourself, "Why am I here? What am I supposed to accomplish?" This is your drive for a purpose in life. You know it is out there, you yearn for it. You have an itch, but you can't seem to scratch it. You need to understand that life has its cycles, its times when we can't control the process. You can take time that all things pass in their time. This will also pass away.

This is not a part of the interpretation, but this card just reminds me of the cycle of life. Round and Round she goes, the cycle of life, death, and reincarnation. The only problem that the method of getting out of the cycle isn't clear here.

Ask, believe, receive. Thoughts become things!
                  I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
                  democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Comment

Working...
                  X