Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spread of the Week - 7/17/07 thru 7/23/07

Spread of the Week rules / instructions:

1. A new spread will be posted weekly (hopefully I'll manage it every Thursday and we may change it to bi-weekly or monthly if weekly doesn't seem like enough time to get the readings done).

2. If you'd like to attempt the spread and have a reading done for you using that spread in return, post in the thread.

3. The first person to post will receive the first reading from the 2nd person to post, etc. So, whoever posts in front of you is who you read for, and whoever posts behind you is who is reading for you.

4. The readings should be posted in the thread so that others can read them (after all, this is for the purposes of learning and we all learn better by reading over examples by others) UNLESS the reader deems that the information is too personal to be shared on an open board. If that is the case, then the reader should PM the person they are reading for, but post in the thread that the results were personal and their querent has been PM'd with the results of the reading.

5. Do not post in the threads if you are not willing to read for others. This is a reading exchange, not a free reading.

6. Use only the spread posted. You may use whatever deck you like.

If anyone else can think of any additional questions or rules, please let me know and I'll edit this post. I think the rules should be posted as the first post every week.

If you have a spread you'd like to submit for the "Spread of the Week", PM me and I'll add it to the queue. Potential spreads should be 10 cards or less, for ease of posting and to not overwhelm newbies who'd like to participate.

As usual, the first person to respond will read for me, and I will read for the last person to respond.
    :fpraise: All hail the mighty SEARCH function! :fpraiseyo

See the completed cards from the MW Tarot Project @ the link below:

If "a gentle touch speaks volumes" imagine what a bitch-slap can do! ~ me

This one was submitted by Shatril. I think it is one that we can do for 2 weeks, actually and when I discussed it with Shatril, she agreed.

RULE CHANGE FOR THIS WEEK ONLY: for this first go-round you will do this reading for yourself. You can choose to post here saying that you will participate, and then post your reading later... or you can just post your reading.

Next week, the same spread will be used, but we'll go back to the regular reading of the person before us in line. It should be interesting to see how we interpret and then how others see our situations with this spread.

Emotional Clutter Spread by Jean Hutter

"I arrived home after vacation and really looked at my house and realized it was full of useless clutter. I immediately went into a cleaning frenzy in an attempt to rid the house of clutter. This got me thinking about the Emotional Clutter that we accumulate through out our life and I came up with this spread."

-- 2 --
    1- 5- 3
    -- 4 --

Card One: What kind of emotional clutter have I accumulated?

Card Two: How is it affecting me?

Card Three: How is it affecting my relationship with others?

Card Four: What steps can I take to rid myself of this emotional clutter?

Card Five: What can I do to avoid the accumulation of emotional clutter in the future?

Jean Hutter is the creator of the Odyssey Tarot and the I Have a Dream Tarot. She is a fine artist who contributes to a number of tarot e-lists.

Comment

Interesting spread! I'll participate - but probably won't get to it for a few days.
      sigpic

Forum Guide: Gods and Goddesses

MW Tarot Readings NOT currently accepting tarot reading requests via PM, but will answer posts in the Reading Request subforum if it is possible for me to do so. :spinnysmi

Comment

Emotional Clutter By Jean Hutter....hehehehehe try saying that five times fast!!
        Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
        "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

In Darkness I Know Myself

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

Comment

Ok Lisa--get out of my head lol--I really need a spread like this right now! I like the idea of this spread. I will definately participate!

Comment

Neato.
            Each man performs his service to the Holy according to what he is, not according to what he is not; after all, the sacrifice must not surpass the proper measure of the worshiper. - Iamblichus

Comment

LOL @ Mydnight... but it's COMFY here!

Take your time Brightshores. We're all busy during the summer. We'll get it done when we get it done. The deadline is more like a guideline. LOL

Comment

Ok here goes

Harmony-I have balanced myself out a little more these days, but I have to work a lot more on bringing harmony and balance to myself, especially if I would like a happy love life. I cannot have that if I am not stable, and I have to learn that I cannot depend on others to help me become stable, and harmonious, I must learn to depend on myself, because I often use others as motivation to better myself when I must be my own.

Card Two: How is it affecting me?-
                Oneness-It is having a butterfly effect and I am torn between wanting to be around people, and wanting to stay as far away from them as possible. I am a lot more disconnected then I used to be, and everyone in my immediate world suffers for it, but what goes around comes around and most of all I continue to hurt and poison myself.

Passage-I often refuse to move on from painful situations until I am good and ready, and people who offer a helping hand get disgusted and leave when I am wallowing in my own pity party, just as they should do, not unlike an animal stuck in a tar pit.

The Double-I have already learned to step outside myself to look within and see what’s going on.

Card Five: What can I do to avoid the accumulation of emotional clutter in the future?
                The Mother-nurture myself, and be proud of my accomplishments, and continue to grow and uncover parts of me I didn’t know were there, and polish and shine the parts of me that I have already uncovered.
                Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
                "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

In Darkness I Know Myself

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

Comment

Card One: What kind of emotional clutter have I accumulated? 9 of Pentacles –
                  My focus on work and home has left me divided from my emotions. I haven’t really been examining them, prefering instead to hide inside of my work (which is a stressful environment) and in decorating the home. I feel like my work isn’t emotionally fulfilling, and even sometimes contrary to what my conscience and true will would like to be doing.

Card Two: How is it affecting me? The Fool
                  I want to run off on my own, make my escape from all of this, and make a jump into a new direction. I’d like very much to leave the job and find a new path. I’d like to take the risk.

Card Three: How is it affecting my relationship with others? Ace of Swords
                  I’m keeping people at work at sword’s length. I keep my emotions carefully shielded and hidden behind my intellect and ideas. Rather than showing my upset and frustration, I brainstorm for ideas and solutions, or make busy work. I try to make as small a ripple as possible in my own emotions.

Card Four: What steps can I take to rid myself of this emotional clutter? The Hanged Man
                  I need to change how I’m looking at my situation. A shift in perspective and in attitude is needed. What am I willing to do in order to attain what I would find emotionally satisfying. Consider the sacrifices and restraints that you might use in order to clean this up.
                  Card Five: What can I do to avoid the accumulation of emotional clutter in the future? 2 of Pentacles
                  I need to learn to be a bit more able to balance my heart and my work life. Finding a safe and healthy way to let others in and to allow my emotions air would be a good idea. Learn to balance home and work. Accept that things change and do not remain stagnant.
                  Let’s see… I got two earths and three airs. No cups or fire. That’s interesting, especially since all of my cards the past several days have been cups and wands. I guess I’m really ignoring my emotions to an extreme, and that my passions are being dampened as a result. I also see that I have two minors, two majors and one ace. This tells me that it’s almost entirely an internal struggle (no courts) and that Spirit is involved in giving me some of my options as well as a method of attaining balance in this.
                  I hadn’t really thought about why I’ve felt so off lately, but this really clears things up a lot.
                  Each man performs his service to the Holy according to what he is, not according to what he is not; after all, the sacrifice must not surpass the proper measure of the worshiper. - Iamblichus

Comment

You have to know I will participate in this one.

Ask, believe, receive. Thoughts become things!
                    I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
                    democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Comment

Card One: What kind of emotional clutter have I accumulated? 9 of Pentacles

Well, this feels like I've invested alot of time into being self-sufficient. Which, I feel that I have on some level. Alot of my emotional baggage lately is because I feel like I had reached a place where most things were going fairly smoothly. The job is good, the kids are doing alright, I finally have a fulfilling spiritual life, etc. But, into every garden some chaos must creep, I suppose.

Card Two: How is it affecting me? Prince / Knight of Pentacles

LOL, this is the hubby's card.

Card Three: How is it affecting my relationship with others? Death

My relationships are changing a little bit. Especially with the hubby getting a new job. Things will change because responsibilities will change. I've enjoyed the job he's had because it allowed me much more freedom of movement, but now that will be curtailed. I'm a little bitter about it, but it will make him much happier to be doing the work he loves again, so I'm trying to be supportive.

Card Four: What steps can I take to rid myself of this emotional clutter? 2 of Cups

I need to continue to be supportive, not just of the hubby, but of everyone. I need to work with others diplomatically and share in the partnership. These relationships can't be one-sided, and I need to take a much as I give & vice versa. It'll be nice to work with everyone to get us where we need to go. A period of adjustment will happen (Death) but that is ok.

Card Five: What can I do to avoid the accumulation of emotional clutter in the future? Mother / Queen of Wands

I think I need to be more pro-active. Instead of waiting for things to get done, I need to get up and do them or start brow-beating everyone into submission. It think lots of women have a martyr complex and though I've tried hard to avoid that, I think I do have a small one. We do and do for others and don't expect or get much in return. Hopefully that will change, here in the future.

Interesting. A very enjoyable reading! Next week it will be fun to see how someone else sees my baggage! LOL

Comment

King of Wands
                        You are focused, determined, and driven. Something has your full attention and you are channeling all your energy and skills in that direction. You have a strong sense that you are right in all things concerning this venture. Your ambition or social needs are engaged. For now, that is all that matters. Be aware of believing that you are right, at that your way is the only way. There is a danger of becoming overly bossy or intolerant of others.

Card Two: How is it affecting me?
                        8 of Cups
                        You have dallied with desires and fancies that kept you distracted from your path, from doing what you know you must. It is time to turn away from this shallow comfort and forge ahead. Be aware of being misled by the moon. Do not mistake a desire to run from mistakes for a call from your soul. If the cups here represent a mess in your life, maybe you are meant to stay and clean it up.

Queen of Swords
                        You have used your mind, truth, and logical thinking to create order in your world. You’ve taken your sufferings and joys and married them to a useful philosophy so that you are at ease in the world. You are a good and helpful friend, although some may say that you lack emotion. Be aware of depending too much on order. Remember to be flexible when things don’t go your way, Allow others to behave, as they believe right. Your ways are not everyone’s ways. Do not divorce yourself from your emotions in an effort to protect yourself.

7 of Cups
                        You are faced with many choices, opportunities, and dreams, Find inspiration from them where you can. Acknowledge them as distractions if they take you from the path you have chosen. Be aware of being overcome by the power of these distractions. They may be enticing and you enjoy entertaining them for a time, but you may regret that choice in the long run.

Ace of Swords
                        You have the gift of thought. Use it rightly to see the world clearly, to communicate well, and to create a happy, healthy reality. Be aware of having a sharp tongue. A clever wit or a desire for honesty are gifts of the sword. Do not use them in a destructive manner.

I had 2 swords and they represents pure mind, thinking, speaking,communications or bad press, but really about anything to do with either words and/or thoughts. And then 2 Cups represents the emotions, emotional extremes

Overall I see that I have too much emotional attatchment to everything that is said. This makes perfect sense to me right now. We just found out we are geting new manager and others in the office have been saying very insensitive comments. I also see this reading fitting because i am trying to malke my love relationship be what I want--not what we both want.

Comment

Card One: What kind of emotional clutter have I accumulated? The prince of wands, indicating that the card that it modifies actions have come to fruition. I had to draw a clarifying card here, and it was the Ace of Pentacles. I changed jobs a while back going into business for myself. It has brought on all kinds of poverty emotions, dispite the fact that I always have the money I need to get by, with a little too spare and save. still gives me fits emotionally

Card Two: How is it affecting me? Ace of Swords

I worry about this, and am acting in ways that assure that I stay here. I'm trying to raise my vibration, but just can't seem to maintian it when I do get it up there. I'm using some new tools provided by Abraham-Hicks books, and they are helping.

Card Three: How is it affecting my relationship with others? Ten of Cups

Well I've been feeling like I'm the only one in this family that gives a rats azz about the financial well-being. I have been the major bread winner in this family, and that I will have to always be. This card just confirms that I'm right about this intuition. UGH what a load.

Card Four: What steps can I take to rid myself of this emotional clutter? The Moon

Physical evolution, well I've signed up for a gym, and this card tells me I need to keep this up. I suspect that the good feeling brought on from physical exercise will help me keep that vibration at a higher level. It also looks like I need to look deeper into my emotions around this stuff.

Card Five: What can I do to avoid the accumulation of emotional clutter in the future? The Horned One

Part of what I'm doing is use the Law of Attraction to manifest better things in my life. One of the problems that I"m having is accepting this as true. I need to work on accpeting things that can't be touched are true. I need to accept that a higher being/Source has my best interest at heart, and is willing to manifest good things in my life. I need to get past my past belilefs that life is hard, and that I'm not supposed to be happy here, cuz I'm here to learn about suffering. I even at a functional level know that is crap, but at a gut level I have doubts.

Good reading . I like this.
                          Shatril

Ask, believe, receive. Thoughts become things!
                          I've made it a point not to regret anything I've done, there is no point in it because you can't change it~~RunningRiot
                          democracy is a failed system, people are just too stupid to realise their votes never matter anymore~~Valnorran

Comment

Working...
                          X