Spread of the Week - 9/10/07 to 9/17/07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spread of the Week - 9/10/07 to 9/17/07

Hi all! I think doing a Spread of the Week would be a fun idea, both for those of us who don't read very often, and for those of us who are trying to learn to read.

The way that this will work is:

1. A new spread will be posted weekly (hopefully I'll manage it every Thursday and we may change it to bi-weekly or monthly if weekly doesn't seem like enough time to get the readings done).

2. If you'd like to attempt the spread and have a reading done for you using that spread in return, post in the thread.

3. The first person to post will receive the first reading from the 2nd person to post, etc. So, whoever posts in front of you is who you read for, and whoever posts behind you is who is reading for you.

4. The readings should be posted in the thread so that others can read them (after all, this is for the purposes of learning and we all learn better by reading over examples by others) UNLESS the reader deems that the information is too personal to be shared on an open board. If that is the case, then the reader should PM the person they are reading for, but post in the thread that the results were personal and their querent has been PM'd with the results of the reading.

5. Do not post in the threads if you are not willing to read for others. This is a reading exchange, not a free reading.

6. Use only the spread posted. You may use whatever deck you like.

If anyone else can think of any additional questions or rules, please let me know and I'll edit this post. I think the rules should be posted as the first post every week.

If you have a spread you'd like to submit for the "Spread of the Week", PM me and I'll add it to the queue. Potential spreads should be 10 cards or less, for ease of posting and to not overwhelm newbies who'd like to participate.
    Last edited by LisaT4P; September 10th, 2007, 09:15 AM.
    :fpraise: All hail the mighty SEARCH function! :fpraiseyo

See the completed cards from the MW Tarot Project @ the link below:

If "a gentle touch speaks volumes" imagine what a bitch-slap can do! ~ me

Hello all! Sorry for being a slacker in the month of September, but now the kids are back in school, the hubby is at work and I'm back in the office! Woot!

I was fumbling around in the Tarot FAQ Spreads section and came across this little gem that I thought I would resurrect:
    Originally posted by Xois View Post
    The Snake

The snake is an ancient and revered symbol of healing and regeneration. This game spread is ideal for those times when you feel itchy in your skin, ready to peel off and begin again. If you are at a turning point, snake can help to guide the way by giving you information about your way of approaching things.

So if you need a change or you are thinking of starting something new, try playing Snake—she will affirm your path of personal evolution

The Play:

Mix the cards, sending your personal energy and openness into the deck. Then choose five cards at random and lay them out in the following pattern:

Card 1: Beginning—my usual approach, or one that would be helpful to me now
    Card 2: What I carry—my baggage or challenge
    Card 3: AT my center
    Card 4: Motivating force—what propels me forward
    Card 5: What I leave behind

Pay special attention to the relationship between card 1 and 2: One often bring clarity to the meaning of the other. Reversed cards are also significant in this game: They are often indications of issues that need to be dealt with before you can progress.

From “Tarot Games” by Cait Johnson and Maura D. Shaw
    If you would like to see how the spread "works" you can check out the original thread HERE where a few practice / sample readings were posted.

As usual the first person to respond will read for me and so on until I read for the last person.

Let's get back on track for the new school year! Woot!

Comment

mmm, spreads...

Ooh! Pretty. I love the sound of this one. I'm in, if anyone's interested!

~BlackLili
      sigpic

Comment

Sorry, I misread this and thought it was readings for oneself and posted it.
        Last edited by LadyCelt; September 10th, 2007, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Well, BlackLili, looks like we might be reading for each other!

Anyone? *crickets*

Comment

Originally posted by LisaT4P View Post
            Well, BlackLili, looks like we might be reading for each other!

Anyone? *crickets*
            Well shucks! Too bad no one else seems interested. We can be good company for each other though! Now, be gentle - I've got dust on my cards, it's been so long and I've never posted readings before, so I might goof.
            /runs off to read old posts of readings to brush up
            sigpic

Comment

No problem. You won't goof, you'll be just fine!

I'm still going to wait until the 17th to read for you, if that is ok. That way if anyone else DOES want to jump in, there is a spot for them. And if not, you'll get your reading from me on the 17th! Woot!

Comment

Originally posted by LisaT4P View Post
                No problem. You won't goof, you'll be just fine!

I'm still going to wait until the 17th to read for you, if that is ok. That way if anyone else DOES want to jump in, there is a spot for them. And if not, you'll get your reading from me on the 17th! Woot!
                W00t indeed! I'll prolly give you yours sometime this week (If I can fit it in; I'm making presents for my brother's Bon Voyage party that's on Sunday too.) but if I don't get to it, you'll get yours on Monday too!
                sigpic

Comment

I've never read for anyone other than myself, and I'm still just beginning to learn. I don't know how good my readings would be, but if you don't mind putting up with a learner I'd like to join in.

Comment

Originally posted by Loukhos View Post
                    I've never read for anyone other than myself, and I'm still just beginning to learn. I don't know how good my readings would be, but if you don't mind putting up with a learner I'd like to join in.
                    The more, the merrier! We'd love to have more folks to join!
                    sigpic

Comment

this is interesting I'm in err who am I reading for? a little confused here am I reading for lili or ladyc or lis?
                      Last edited by aluokaloo; September 14th, 2007, 04:37 PM.
                      Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
                      "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

In Darkness I Know Myself

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

Comment

i guess i'll read for you lili.
                        Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
                        "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

Comment

I think it goes:

Lili for Lisa - DONE

Loukhos for Lili

Aluokalooo for Loukhos - DONE

Azarathine for Aluokaloo - DONE

Lisa for Azarathine - DONE

Unless someone else joins in, in which case the next person will read for Aluokaloo. I'll try to keep this updated to avoid confusion.
                          Last edited by LisaT4P; September 18th, 2007, 06:50 PM.

Comment

ok I'll read for Loukhous! thanks for clearing up the confusion lis. There's a lot of l's in your anti-confusion list do ya know that?
                            Last edited by aluokaloo; September 15th, 2007, 10:50 PM.

Comment

The Snake; Reading for Loukhos

The Snake
                              Reading for Loukhos using The Shape shifter Deck

Hi Loukhos, It'll be a pleasure reading for you. If I'm way off just let me know.

Card 1: The Garden-this is a card of both beginnings, and reaping the rewards of harvests past. So whatever you are trying to begin, or whatever you’ve already begun for good or bad, you’ll get it. Think of the phrase, “you reap what you sow.”

Card 2: Abundance-sometimes you feel like you are on the outside looking in, you may not feel challenged enough, even though things have been going well for you, and you live in a place of plenty you may be getting frustrated and bored. Perhaps materialism may be blocking your view a bit, making it difficult to see what‘s really important. Introspection may be good right now to see what you truly want from life

Card 3: Charity- At heart you are a very charitable and generous person, you would give the shirt off your back if you thought it would help someone in need, perhaps people have taken advantage of your generous nature and hurt you badly, that’s understandable, now you have to balance between selfishness and selflessness, (neither of which are bad unless done in excess of course) and learn to set strong boundaries as well.

Card 4: Victory-- whatever new ventures you are thinking of taking or have already begun taking, you do it to prove yourself, to push yourself higher then you’ve gone before. You may have a competitive and very strong nature to prove to others and yourself that you can do whatever it takes to make it to the top. I’m not sure if you are aware of this aspirational drive or not, but either way you often come out like a champ. But be aware that your ambitions could lead you to deal with some negative karma from bad mistakes made, though you can always use them as a lesson to learn and grow from.

Card 5: The Moon--Due to being hurt in the past by those who may have taken advantage of you, you may have become emotionally frigid, encasing your heart in ice so you won’t get hurt or betrayed anymore by those around you. But remember that all winters are a sign of transformation even though struggles, both internal and external, may be hard and hurtful. There’s always the spring afterwards, lift your voice to the moon and howl out your victory, for the wolf only gives it’s victory cry after a successful hunt.
                              Last edited by aluokaloo; September 15th, 2007, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X