Had no idea what to call this spread, but here it is:

1----------------3
    --5------------7--
    ----9-------11----
    --------13--------
    ----12------10---
    --8------------6--
    4----------------2

It's a spread that I use primarily with Runes, but also with Tarot, and I only use it when I have LOTS of time, and the question is something that needs a lot of depth and analysis, because the cards/stones are read in many layers and combinations.

13 -> The situation; the heart of the matter.

1, 5, 9, 4, 8, 12 -> Where you are coming from; The Past. What led up to the situation in question.

3, 7, 11, 2, 6, 10 -> Where you are heading; The Future. Where the situation is going.

1, 5, 9, 11, 7, 3 -> What you are thinking.

4, 8, 12, 10, 6, 2 -> What you are feeling.

1, 5, 9, 10, 6, 2 -> What you have no control over; that which is out of your hands.

3, 7, 11, 12, 8, 4 -> What you do have control over; that which is in your hands.

The ripples; the effects of the situation on your life and the lives of those around you. -> 13 - The center; the stone hitting the pond.
    Ripple 1 -> 9, 11, 10, 12
    Ripple 2 -> 5, 7, 6, 8
    Ripple 3 -> 1, 3, 2, 4

Sometime in the next few days, I'll post a sample reading with this spread so that you can see how it works. It's deep, and very, very intense, and can take a very long time (about 3 hours or so!) But it provides readings that are so amazingly clear and accurate that it can be a bit frightening.
    ~*~
    There are no surprises in life, just us closing our eyes to reality. - Me.
    Quantum frying pans fit anywhere. - Me.

~*~
    I read Tarot cards and Oracle cards and Runes and Pendulums and little colored gems that represent the elements. And I believe that they tell the truth. I believe that faeries are real, and that they talk to me. I also know that I'm at least 50% insane. And I'm okay with that. I won't judge you. But you can judge me all you want. I'll just tell you to stuff it where the sun don't shine. And I'll smile while I'm saying it, and offer you homemade fudge and soft pretzels.

whoa that looks awesome :D
    SilverClawStudio on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by ArcanaXV
      Wow, what an incredibly complex, in depth spread! It looks really interesting and definitely one I will be giving a try as soon as I have enough time on my hands.

I don't think I've ever used a spread where the same card is read more than once, let alone 4 times as is the case here.

Thanx for sharing this.

And they can each be read more than four times. There are so many layers, and ways to pair the cards, that you could spend hours and hours and hours with this spread!
      ~*~

~*~
      I read Tarot cards and Oracle cards and Runes and Pendulums and little colored gems that represent the elements. And I believe that they tell the truth. I believe that faeries are real, and that they talk to me. I also know that I'm at least 50% insane. And I'm okay with that. I won't judge you. But you can judge me all you want. I'll just tell you to stuff it where the sun don't shine. And I'll smile while I'm saying it, and offer you homemade fudge and soft pretzels.

Comment

going to try it,
        after all I haven't got anything better to do tonight.

it's lovely.

Comment

Look at each layer/level/grouping independently.

Also, try placing them into sentences, using a keyword from each card. This is a fun, though serious, spread.
          ~*~

~*~

Comment

Originally posted by aranarose View Post
            Look at each layer/level/grouping independently.

Also, try placing them into sentences, using a keyword from each card. This is a fun, though serious, spread.
            sounds good to me,
            *copies spread into her notebook*
            wish me luck.

Comment

only took me about 1 hour,
              unfortunately due to the highly personal nature of my reading I cannot share it.

But she was right, it is frighteningly accurate.

Comment

what do you mean by placing them in sentences?

I don't have time to do it now but want to try this spread. It looks interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyCelt View Post
                  what do you mean by placing them in sentences?

I don't have time to do it now but want to try this spread. It looks interesting.
                  With the number of ways you can look at the cards you can group words that they bring to mind into sentances. For example, what you feel could have cards with keywords like 'depressed', 'worried', 'fear of being alone' and 'stressed'.

So you'd be able to make a sentance (more or less) to understand.

Comment

Amazing! Can't wait for your sample reading.
                    Currently available to do Tarot Readings.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWomanMonster View Post
                      only took me about 1 hour,
                      unfortunately due to the highly personal nature of my reading I cannot share it.

But she was right, it is frighteningly accurate.
                      I've used this one in less than an hour, but have had it run up into the five our range just looking at all the possible ways to combine various cards.

One of the reasons I interpret the cards multiple times in this spread is that no event in our lives is isolated. If something happens, it doesn't affect us just once and then never again, or just affect our health and nothing else. There are waves of effect, and looking at the cards in multiple combinations helps to show those waves of effect.
                      ~*~

~*~

Comment

I've used this one in less than an hour, but have had it run up into the five our range just looking at all the possible ways to combine various cards.

One of the reasons I interpret the cards multiple times in this spread is that no event in our lives is isolated. If something happens, it doesn't affect us just once and then never again, or just affect our health and nothing else. There are waves of effect, and looking at the cards in multiple combinations helps to show those waves of effect.
                        I like the ripples...
                        the centre card was the lovers.

Comment

I've seen other tarot groups practice this technique. I've been wondering if it would be something good to do on this forum once a week or biweekly or something. Sometimes I have trouble relating cards to one another, so it might be a useful exercise.
                          Currently available to do Tarot Readings.

Comment

That was sort of the idea behind the "Daily Motto" thread (stickied). Using more than one card would be useful in the same sort of way.
                            :fpraise: All hail the mighty SEARCH function! :fpraiseyo

See the completed cards from the MW Tarot Project @ the link below:

If "a gentle touch speaks volumes" imagine what a bitch-slap can do! ~ me

Comment

Originally posted by TheWomanMonster View Post
                              I like the ripples...
                              the centre card was the lovers.
                              Oooh! Interesting!
                              ~*~

~*~

Comment

Working...
                              X