Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spread of the Week - 9/24/07 to 10/1/07

Spread of the Week rules / instructions:

1. A new spread will be posted weekly (hopefully I'll manage it every Thursday and we may change it to bi-weekly or monthly if weekly doesn't seem like enough time to get the readings done).

2. If you'd like to attempt the spread and have a reading done for you using that spread in return, post in the thread.

3. The first person to post will receive the first reading from the 2nd person to post, etc. So, whoever posts in front of you is who you read for, and whoever posts behind you is who is reading for you.

4. The readings should be posted in the thread so that others can read them (after all, this is for the purposes of learning and we all learn better by reading over examples by others) UNLESS the reader deems that the information is too personal to be shared on an open board. If that is the case, then the reader should PM the person they are reading for, but post in the thread that the results were personal and their querent has been PM'd with the results of the reading.

5. Do not post in the threads if you are not willing to read for others. This is a reading exchange, not a free reading.

6. Use only the spread posted. You may use whatever deck you like.

If anyone else can think of any additional questions or rules, please let me know and I'll edit this post. I think the rules should be posted as the first post every week.

If you have a spread you'd like to submit for the "Spread of the Week", PM me and I'll add it to the queue. Potential spreads should be 10 cards or less, for ease of posting and to not overwhelm newbies who'd like to participate.

As usual, the first person to respond will read for me, and I will read for the last person to respond.
    :fpraise: All hail the mighty SEARCH function! :fpraiseyo

See the completed cards from the MW Tarot Project @ the link below:

If "a gentle touch speaks volumes" imagine what a bitch-slap can do! ~ me

Since we did a whole series of Celtic Cross spreads, I thought it might be nice to do another sort of traditional spread. I know lots of people who use this one (maybe not exactly this version) and find it to be very useful.

So, here's a couple of things, I think this lends itself better to a question, so when you respond to participate, please state your question as well.

Also, if you use a different version of this spread, I'd like to hear about it! Feel free to post your version here or PM me with it, but for now this is the version we'll be using, so that we are all on the same page.

Originally posted by Silver Venus View Post
    The Horseshoe Spread
    The Horseshoe is a simple spread of seven cards arranged, unsurprisingly, something like a horseshoe. This spread is often considered to be more applicable to a specific question than a general reading, though it may be used for either.

1 The Past ~ Important events, issues or attitudes that have given rise to the current situation
    2 The Present ~ The prevailing circumstances around the questioner
    3 Hopes and Fears ~ The questioner's hopes, fears and expectations about the question or situation
    4 Obstacles ~ Current obstacles, problems and conflicts that the questioner must deal with
    5 Environment ~ The attitudes and actions of other people around the questioner
    6 The Future ~ Future events and fresh influences about to come into play
    7 The Outcome ~ The eventual outcome of events shown by the other cards

Comment

Since I'm the first to be read for, I'll ask my question here. I'd like some more insight into my career.

Comment

ok I'll read for ya lisa. I'd like to know why I never seem to get a break on my future career path?
        Last edited by aluokaloo; September 24th, 2007, 01:01 PM.
        Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
        "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

In Darkness I Know Myself

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

Comment

Horse shoe reading for Lisa

1-Struggle-for a while it seems you may have struggled with yourself, financially, emotionally, and mentally, causing a lot of stress all around because you were stressed, and may have had few outlets to vent that stress.

2-Queen Mab Warrior of Earth-however you have always been a strong woman, and drawing from yourself, and the strength and support of others around you, particularly an equally strong man who you may have very loving connections with came to your support.

3-The Sun-even though you like to present yourself as a strong woman, you sometimes wonder if you are as strong as you’d like to believe. Lay these fears and doubts to rest, and you will shine like the sun.

4-Nature-Like the eternal harmony of yin and yang, you have to learn when to yield, and go with the flow, and when to stand firm, this might be a bit difficult because you may be a fiery person, and may not always take kindly to the orders of those who are full of themselves and do more harm with their ego then good. But then again, who does take kindly to people like that?

5-Abundance-everyone has a different side then what they show in the workplace, some with hidden agendas, some who may you surprise you with their depth and kind disposition, look closely you may find hidden treasure in new friends and allies.

6-Wealth-Wealth comes to you in many ways as you continue to reach your goals and dreams and make them exactly what you want to be, this includes material wealth, wisdom gained in your chosen profession, and contentment with how things will continue to go

7-Oneness (The World)-you have found that working together is a key component in your career, even if you don’t like everyone, you still strive to get along and keep the work place running smoothly. Everything will pan out.
          Crying "cherry-picking!" with one breath and "diversity!" with the next doesn't work either.~brymble
          "Sometimes the Light at the End of the Tunnel is really a Cranky Dragon waiting to roast your ass!"

Close friends with: Yarrow Elfglow, Czechwoods, Rudas Starblaze, Stormbeard, Philosophia, The Woman Monster, Rick and Elise, Sacred Sin David19.....

Comment

aluokaloo, I am fairly new to this but would like to try reading for you. Just take into account my being new.

I'd like whoever reads for me to do a general reading about me. I cant really come up with a question right now. I will pm whoever responds with my info on me if you need it.
            Last edited by LadyCelt; September 26th, 2007, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Here is your reading. Again, I am new at this so I wanted to let you know of that. I used "Tarot of the Mermaids" for you:

1.)The Past: The Sun. Maybe you are feeling at a standstill. At first, things started well with your way to your goal. Now, it seems to be stagnation. “Stalemate” is what the card said.

2.)The Present: Queen of Pentacles (pearls.) At first, the throne the queen sits on seems good. But, the top of the throne turned into an odd and freaky figure. Perhaps things did not go or are not as they seemed? You still realize you have potential and are contemplating what you will do next.

3.)Hopes and Fears: Ace of Pentacles (pearls.) The pearl to me seems to represent your career or your career goal. You have it within reach, but you feel like you are drowning/loosing who you are right now. Have you let go of time for yourself and what matters to you? The pearl stood out a lot and the mermaid holding it grew less visible.

4.)Obstacles: King of Cups (shells) Reversed. He seems very intent on holding onto the pole by his throne. Whoever or whatever this represents may be a good person or good idea, but they seem intent on keeping their power. They don’t seem to want to let anybody else into the power or authority roles.

5.)Environment: Queen of Swords Reversed. The waves around the carriage she’s on got more intense as the queen faded more out of the picture. It seems that maybe the details are overshadowing you and your potential is what I feel this may mean. Perhaps there is an obstacle or obstacles stopping you and your goal.

6.)The Future: 8 of Wands (oars) Reversed. To help you understand what I’m seeing, this card is 8 oars put into the water at a time creating a bit of waves under them. A journey and a lot of work to get there may be needed. “Don’t give up.” “Keep fighting.” “Don’t loose your will.”

7.)The Outcome: Knight of Pentacles (pearls.) She holds a pearl in one of her hands. To me, this seems sort of like a gazing ball people use for divination. This seems a lot more like a theme than just outcome. This tends to happen with me for some reason where it feels like a theme for outcomes. To get to the goal, maybe you need to do some introspection, contemplation, etc.

My Overall Interpretation: It may be a struggle and a journey to get to your career goal. Don’t loose sight of who you are and what you stand for in the process to get their though. Staying true to you is very important as well as your goal. Take time to contemplate and it may help.

Comment

I'll read for you, Lady Celt..

To whoever reads for me - I'd appreciate a reading about my future career path. Thank you!
                sigpic

Forum Guide: Gods and Goddesses

MW Tarot Readings NOT currently accepting tarot reading requests via PM, but will answer posts in the Reading Request subforum if it is possible for me to do so. :spinnysmi

Comment

Originally posted by aluokaloo View Post
                  1-Struggle-for a while it seems you may have struggled with yourself, financially, emotionally, and mentally, causing a lot of stress all around because you were stressed, and may have had few outlets to vent that stress.

2-Queen Mab Warrior of Earth-however you have always been a strong woman, and drawing from yourself, and the strength and support of others around you, particularly an equally strong man who you may have very loving connections with came to your support.
                  These 2 in particular struck me, as well as the time that you posted.

Last night as I was going to bed I had a complete mental breakdown with a crying fit & everything! Then, when I was done I said "Well, that didn't accomplish anything at all" and then just sort of pulled myself up by my bootstraps (hard to do in jammies) and decided to get on with it. That was at about 11pm last night.

The rest of the reading is very good as well. Especially the last card. I had been having issues with a particular co-worker bothering me for something that was not high on my priority list for about 3 days. This morning I got up and did what he wanted, from my house, at 6:30 am. Now maybe he'll leave me the hell alone.

And in all that time, not once did I call him a tard-lick. Strong woman, indeed! :smileroll

Comment

I'll read for you, Brighshores. I should have it by the end of the week.

And my question shall be...hmm.... Well, I'm currently in the midst of having to make a move, look for a new job, go back into the academic sphere, etc. So I guess I'd like some advice on what I should be doing to make this move successful.
                    Last edited by azarathine; September 27th, 2007, 12:17 AM.
                    Currently available to do Tarot Readings.

Comment

I'm in, as always - I would like to know if I'm supposed to be focusing on a career right now, or if I should be looking at having kids.

Lisa, who should I be reading for here?

~BL
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LadyCelt View Post
                        Here is your reading. Again, I am new at this so I wanted to let you know of that. I used "Tarot of the Mermaids" for you:

1.)The Past: The Sun. Maybe you are feeling at a standstill. At first, things started well with your way to your goal. Now, it seems to be stagnation. “Stalemate” is what the card said.

2.)The Present: Queen of Pentacles (pearls.) At first, the throne the queen sits on seems good. But, the top of the throne turned into an odd and freaky figure. Perhaps things did not go or are not as they seemed? You still realize you have potential and are contemplating what you will do next.

3.)Hopes and Fears: Ace of Pentacles (pearls.) The pearl to me seems to represent your career or your career goal. You have it within reach, but you feel like you are drowning/loosing who you are right now. Have you let go of time for yourself and what matters to you? The pearl stood out a lot and the mermaid holding it grew less visible.

4.)Obstacles: King of Cups (shells) Reversed. He seems very intent on holding onto the pole by his throne. Whoever or whatever this represents may be a good person or good idea, but they seem intent on keeping their power. They don’t seem to want to let anybody else into the power or authority roles.

5.)Environment: Queen of Swords Reversed. The waves around the carriage she’s on got more intense as the queen faded more out of the picture. It seems that maybe the details are overshadowing you and your potential is what I feel this may mean. Perhaps there is an obstacle or obstacles stopping you and your goal.

6.)The Future: 8 of Wands (oars) Reversed. To help you understand what I’m seeing, this card is 8 oars put into the water at a time creating a bit of waves under them. A journey and a lot of work to get there may be needed. “Don’t give up.” “Keep fighting.” “Don’t loose your will.”

7.)The Outcome: Knight of Pentacles (pearls.) She holds a pearl in one of her hands. To me, this seems sort of like a gazing ball people use for divination. This seems a lot more like a theme than just outcome. This tends to happen with me for some reason where it feels like a theme for outcomes. To get to the goal, maybe you need to do some introspection, contemplation, etc.

My Overall Interpretation: It may be a struggle and a journey to get to your career goal. Don’t loose sight of who you are and what you stand for in the process to get their though. Staying true to you is very important as well as your goal. Take time to contemplate and it may help.
                        thanks Lady C the whole reading is dead on. I have been struggling lately, and everything for me right now is so close yet so far away.
                        Last edited by aluokaloo; September 26th, 2007, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackLili View Post
                          Lisa, who should I be reading for here?
                          Looks like you should read for Azarathine.

Aluokaloo for Lisa - DONE

LadyCelt for Aluokaloo - DONE

Brightshores for LadyCelt - DONE

Azarathine for Brightshores - DONE

BlackLili for Azarathine - DONE

Aranarose for BlackLili - DONE

Lisa for Aranarose - DONE
                          Last edited by LisaT4P; October 4th, 2007, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Okay, I'll read for BlackLili. My question will be... oh crap... I have to think of a question? Um... What is the next step for my relationship with my husband?
                            ~*~
                            There are no surprises in life, just us closing our eyes to reality. - Me.
                            Quantum frying pans fit anywhere. - Me.

~*~
                            I read Tarot cards and Oracle cards and Runes and Pendulums and little colored gems that represent the elements. And I believe that they tell the truth. I believe that faeries are real, and that they talk to me. I also know that I'm at least 50% insane. And I'm okay with that. I won't judge you. But you can judge me all you want. I'll just tell you to stuff it where the sun don't shine. And I'll smile while I'm saying it, and offer you homemade fudge and soft pretzels.

Comment

Horseshoe answery-ness

And my question shall be...hmm.... Well, I'm currently in the midst of having to make a move, look for a new job, go back into the academic sphere, etc. So I guess I'd like some advice on what I should be doing to make this move successful.
                              I used my Londa tarot for this spread:

1 – The Past ~ The Emperor (R) – The Emperor when Reversed tends to indicate a feeling of impotence, or want of strength. In this position, it’s possible that you’re moving from this position of feeling your lack of voice or strength, and into a situation where you have more power, or strength.

2 – The Present ~ 7 of Wands (R) – This card, when Reversed, indicates doubt, fear, timidity. You may have questions or reservations about this wisdom of this move at this time.

3 – Hopes & Fears ~ 4 of Swords (R) – This card in general indicates reflection, and attempts to see issues from a different perspective. When it is Reversed, this card also indicates an extra note of caution, and a feeling that something is just two degrees off-kilter, without being able to identify it specifically. In this position in the spread, this could be something as simple as wondering where you packed something away prematurely, or if you packed it at all – or it could be as wide as your fears for your new living situation, and the future.

4 – Obstacles ~ 5 of Wands (R) – This card often represents aspects of a situation that seem to be coming at you all at once. When it is Reversed, it continues to indicate these aspects, but puts them in a more obscure light. The reference I looked at defined this characteristic as “shifty” or “peculiar.” In this position in the spread, this card alludes to your feelings of being overwhelmed and apprehensive about the move, indicating that perhaps as Churchill said, you truly have nothing to fear, but fear itself.

5 – Environment ~ King of Pentacles – This King is faithful and wealthy, someone who knows how to take care of themselves, or owns their own business. It indicates someone in a position of power who has smiled on your situation.

6 – The Future ~ 5 of Pentacles – This card indicates a forfeiture, or loss. A situation you are leaving behind may come back to relate to your future situation, or you may come up against an issue that could prove to be more than you can handle.

7 – The Outcome ~ 7 of Swords (R) – This is a card normally that indicates success through cunning or trickery. In the Reversed position, it leans toward the idea that you will have to use all of your most honest forthright talents to gain the success you seek in this situation. (It can also warn against others using underhanded tactics with you, and reminds the seeker to be on their guard.)
                              -----------------
                              Let me know how this works for you!

Beannachtai,
                              BlackLili
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X