No announcement yet.

Spread of the Week - 9/24/07 to 10/1/07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BlackLili -- thanks so much! You were definitely spot on with the first four cards. That pretty much sums up the situation and my feelings (even though this whole thing was my idea...). I'm not sure about the fifth one, because it could be a couple of things/people (if I think of it in terms of the present). So I'm not sure who or what it represents yet. The sixth card makes me a little nervous and, of course, and I can't comment on it one way or another since it's a future card. It might be something big and difficult. It might be something as simple as not being able to do one of my hobbies while I'm in school, or forgetting to bring something with me. Time will tell on that one.

The last card is, I epxect, exactly right. I forsee having to pull all of my skills out of the box in order to make it in this whole endeavor.

Thanks a lot. Great reading.
    Currently available to do Tarot Readings.

Comment

Okay, this one is using my brand new Mystic Faerie Tarot! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous deck!!!

"I would like to know if I'm supposed to be focusing on a career right now, or if I should be looking at having kids."

1 - The Devil - This card depicts an impish, cloven-hooved, four horned devil, but he's still a fae! As this card is the Past, it indicates that you were bound to something, and in some ways, you may feel still bound to it. Perhaps it is the expectations of others. What pressures are you feeling from the outside? What do the people around you want for you? Is that really what you want for yourself? These are all questions that you need to ask. The Devil may also indicate past issues, things that you yourself have done, that may affect your ability to go through with either decision.

2 - Knave of Swords - You don't want to make an impulsive decision, thus the reason that you're asking questions about which way to go, but sometimes going with our first impulse, our strongest desire, really is the way to go.

The next four cards tell a lot about which way you should go. All four are pentacles, a LOT for a seven card spread.

3 - Three of Pentacles - You want to use the skills that you have, and perhaps you think the only way that you can do this is in a career. Perhaps that's true, and perhaps it's not. Would the career you are leaning toward be fulfilling, would you feel that sense of accomplishment that makes it all worth it?

4 - Ten of Pentacles - Success! Hard work leads to rich rewards.

5 - Eight of Pentacles - Again, we see hard work and craftsmanship. Doing something you are good at, be it with your mind, or your hands.

6 - Knight of Pentacles - One reading isn't really going to answer this question for you, but it will give you a start, something to ponder. The Knight of Pentacles advises careful, steady progress, and weighing your choices very carefully. Also, consider that this may be a false choice, you may not have to choose one or the other, but could find a way, through hard work, to have both.

7 - Nine of Swords - Whatever choice you make, there will be some level of regret, and wondering what could have been if you'd made the other choice. Don't let this regret bind you up, weigh you down, and keep you up for nights on end. Regret is a natural part of life, as we must make choices everyday, but if you take the advice of the Knight, and carefully make your decision, you will have much less to worry about.

Looking at the predominance of Pentacles in this spread, I would say that it is heavily leaning towards career choices, though as was said under the Knight of Petnacles, you could have both if you work to find a way. I get the sense of being unsure and insecure about the idea of having a family, perhaps even some uncertainty as to whether you can have children at all, though I think most people have that fear until they actually do have children!

Hope this made sense!
      ~*~
      There are no surprises in life, just us closing our eyes to reality. - Me.
      Quantum frying pans fit anywhere. - Me.

~*~
      I read Tarot cards and Oracle cards and Runes and Pendulums and little colored gems that represent the elements. And I believe that they tell the truth. I believe that faeries are real, and that they talk to me. I also know that I'm at least 50% insane. And I'm okay with that. I won't judge you. But you can judge me all you want. I'll just tell you to stuff it where the sun don't shine. And I'll smile while I'm saying it, and offer you homemade fudge and soft pretzels.

Comment

reading for BrightShores

Okay! Here's your reading, BrightShores. Let me know how it looks to you.

The Horseshoe Spread

1 The Past ~ Important events, issues or attitudes that have given rise to the current situation
        2 The Present ~ The prevailing circumstances around the questioner
        3 Hopes and Fears ~ The questioner's hopes, fears and expectations about the question or situation
        4 Obstacles ~ Current obstacles, problems and conflicts that the questioner must deal with
        5 Environment ~ The attitudes and actions of other people around the questioner
        6 The Future ~ Future events and fresh influences about to come into play
        7 The Outcome ~ The eventual outcome of events shown by the other cards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reading for Brightshores: Future Career Path

(using the Robin Wood Tarot)
        1 - The Hanged Man (12)
        2 - The Queen of Wands
        3 - 7 of Swords
        4 - The Chariot (7)
        5 - Knight of Swords
        6 - Page of Cups
        7 - 4 of Cups

I find this reading interesting because it looks as though it's split up into three sections. The first two cards suggest that you're done with whatever previous work you were doing and you're now ready to put all of your energy into finding something that better uses your skills (which are substantial). Perhaps you were unsatisfied with your previous work, or you felt as though your employers didn't appreciate your skills and, thus, didn't give you your due worth. You didn't really do anything to really change the situation, either, but you've accepted that, and you've thought about it a a lot, and now you're ready to move forward and put your energy into finding something more suited to your abilities. Maybe you want to try something more focused on your creative habits and see if you can find a way to make money at that. You do have faith in your skills, and now you're working to show that to others.

The second section involves your fears, obstacles, and environment, and all of the cards point to very forward-moving mental energies (the Chariot, the Swords, and the 7's).This suggests that you've been thinking a lot about your career lately, and you're really trying to drive forward with it. Being assertive may be one of your problems, so you might focus a little more on how you present yourself or how strongly you pursue what you want. Part of you is worried that you'll be obscured by all the other job seekers. You don't want to have to take what you can get, and the idea that you might have to settle or do a job you don't want to do weighs on your mind. This sometimes prevents you from reaching out for the jobs you want. At the same time that you're dealing with this, other things seem to be moving very quickly. The people around you are making fast and hard moves, going to and fro, and this is somewhat unsettling. There's a lot of "hurry up and do it" going around at the moment, and that makes it difficult for you to keep your balance and focus.

The third section, which involves the future, has two cup cards, which may point toward your potential for emotional fulfillment in your career or toward, at least, finding the insight you need in order to follow through and locate the job you want. An opportunity may be coming to you soon, and it'll likely be one that you think will be fulfilling. It'll give you the chance to try something new, but you might be entering into it at a lower level or pay grade than you might like.The outcome card seems to warn against becoming preoccupied about the things you don't like in your situation, or letting yourself become emotionally low because things don't seem to be going your way. Focus on looking at the positive and seeing your opportunities from another perspective.
        Currently available to do Tarot Readings.

Comment

Originally posted by aranarose View Post
          Okay, this one is using my brand new Mystic Faerie Tarot! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous deck!!!

"I would like to know if I'm supposed to be focusing on a career right now, or if I should be looking at having kids."

1 - The Devil - This card depicts an impish, cloven-hooved, four horned devil, but he's still a fae! As this card is the Past, it indicates that you were bound to something, and in some ways, you may feel still bound to it. Perhaps it is the expectations of others. What pressures are you feeling from the outside? What do the people around you want for you? Is that really what you want for yourself? These are all questions that you need to ask. The Devil may also indicate past issues, things that you yourself have done, that may affect your ability to go through with either decision.

2 - Knave of Swords - You don't want to make an impulsive decision, thus the reason that you're asking questions about which way to go, but sometimes going with our first impulse, our strongest desire, really is the way to go.

The next four cards tell a lot about which way you should go. All four are pentacles, a LOT for a seven card spread.

3 - Three of Pentacles - You want to use the skills that you have, and perhaps you think the only way that you can do this is in a career. Perhaps that's true, and perhaps it's not. Would the career you are leaning toward be fulfilling, would you feel that sense of accomplishment that makes it all worth it?

4 - Ten of Pentacles - Success! Hard work leads to rich rewards.

5 - Eight of Pentacles - Again, we see hard work and craftsmanship. Doing something you are good at, be it with your mind, or your hands.

6 - Knight of Pentacles - One reading isn't really going to answer this question for you, but it will give you a start, something to ponder. The Knight of Pentacles advises careful, steady progress, and weighing your choices very carefully. Also, consider that this may be a false choice, you may not have to choose one or the other, but could find a way, through hard work, to have both.

7 - Nine of Swords - Whatever choice you make, there will be some level of regret, and wondering what could have been if you'd made the other choice. Don't let this regret bind you up, weigh you down, and keep you up for nights on end. Regret is a natural part of life, as we must make choices everyday, but if you take the advice of the Knight, and carefully make your decision, you will have much less to worry about.

Looking at the predominance of Pentacles in this spread, I would say that it is heavily leaning towards career choices, though as was said under the Knight of Petnacles, you could have both if you work to find a way. I get the sense of being unsure and insecure about the idea of having a family, perhaps even some uncertainty as to whether you can have children at all, though I think most people have that fear until they actually do have children!

Hope this made sense!
          Aranarose, what a beautiful reading! Thank you!

At the moment, I am leaning more towards working solely on my career for a number of reasons, (DH is an artist and works from a home studio, I'm the steady breadwinner, I'm in a company where advancing could give us financial security, but I work in a field where constantly learning and moving is the only path to success, I want to go back to school for an entirely different Master's degree and am worried that I won't be able to handle school, one-and-a-half jobs, DH, and a kid, etc, etc, etc...) - but mostly because I'm already exhausted and I've hardly begun yet!

As usual, the cards very nicely have told me to go sit and think on it some more. Dern sage old cards...

Thank you again, very much. That was very insightful.

Beannachtai,
          BlackLili
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlackLili View Post
            Aranarose, what a beautiful reading! Thank you!

At the moment, I am leaning more towards working solely on my career for a number of reasons, (DH is an artist and works from a home studio, I'm the steady breadwinner, I'm in a company where advancing could give us financial security, but I work in a field where constantly learning and moving is the only path to success, I want to go back to school for an entirely different Master's degree and am worried that I won't be able to handle school, one-and-a-half jobs, DH, and a kid, etc, etc, etc...) - but mostly because I'm already exhausted and I've hardly begun yet!

As usual, the cards very nicely have told me to go sit and think on it some more. Dern sage old cards...

Thank you again, very much. That was very insightful.

Beannachtai,
            BlackLili
            I'm glad you found it helpful!
            ~*~

~*~
            I read Tarot cards and Oracle cards and Runes and Pendulums and little colored gems that represent the elements. And I believe that they tell the truth. I believe that faeries are real, and that they talk to me. I also know that I'm at least 50% insane. And I'm okay with that. I won't judge you. But you can judge me all you want. I'll just tell you to stuff it where the sun don't shine. And I'll smile while I'm saying it, and offer you homemade fudge and soft pretzels.

Comment

For Lady Celt

Originally posted by LadyCelt View Post
              I'd like whoever reads for me to do a general reading about me. I cant really come up with a question right now. I will pm whoever responds with my info on me if you need it.
              Hi LadyCelt - sorry it took me so long - I was feeling pretty terrible this weekend and didn't get anything done at all! I used the Gendron Deck for this reading.

1 The Past ~ Important events, issues or attitudes that have given rise to the current situation - Four of Pentacles Reversed

I get the impression that you may, in the past, have given too much of yourself to others. Have you been overgenerous, or been afraid to say "no" for fear of offending someone else?

2 The Present ~ The prevailing circumstances around the questioner - Eight of Swords

Somehow, you have gotten into a situation where you feel trapped. Perhaps you feel trapped by your obligations that were referred to by the previous card. Are you in a situation where you feel like you have so much to do that you're prevented from pursuing your own goals or your own well-being?

3 Hopes and Fears ~ The questioner's hopes, fears and expectations about the question or situation - Queen of Wands

I think this card represents the kind of woman you want to be - strong, supportive, warm, generous, and sympathetic - someone who is a pillar of strength and energy to those around you. You have the ability to manifest these things within yourself.

4 Obstacles ~ Current obstacles, problems and conflicts that the questioner must deal with - Ten of Cups

This is kind of a strange card to be in the Obstacles position. Are you having family problems of some sort - or alternatively, are you so closely involved with your family that they require the sort of commitments and obligations referred to earlier? Do you feel trapped by family obligations?

5 Environment ~ The attitudes and actions of other people around the questioner - Four of Cups Reversed

Others are being self-indulgent and selfish, demanding things of you without giving you any emotional rewards in return. Others may be taking you for granted. Don't buy into the myth that you are entirely responsible for the happiness of others.

6 The Future ~ Future events and fresh influences about to come into play - Six of Pentacles Reversed

Again - this card speaks of being taken advantage of. Now is the time to break this cycle, to be assertive and make sure that your own needs and desires are met. Sacrificing yourself for others, while noble under certain circumstances, is not good for your long-term mental health.

7 The Outcome ~ The eventual outcome of events shown by the other cards - The Empress Reversed

Again - this is the time to break free of negative patterns. If not - you may continue to have difficulties in finding harmony in your life - especially in your domestic life.

I hope this is helpful to you, and at least makes some sense!
              sigpic

Forum Guide: Gods and Goddesses

MW Tarot Readings NOT currently accepting tarot reading requests via PM, but will answer posts in the Reading Request subforum if it is possible for me to do so. :spinnysmi

Comment

Originally posted by azarathine View Post
                Okay! Here's your reading, BrightShores. Let me know how it looks to you.

Reading for Brightshores: Future Career Path

(using the Robin Wood Tarot)
                1 - The Hanged Man (12)
                2 - The Queen of Wands
                3 - 7 of Swords
                4 - The Chariot (7)
                5 - Knight of Swords
                6 - Page of Cups
                7 - 4 of Cups

I find this reading interesting because it looks as though it's split up into three sections. The first two cards suggest that you're done with whatever previous work you were doing and you're now ready to put all of your energy into finding something that better uses your skills (which are substantial). Perhaps you were unsatisfied with your previous work, or you felt as though your employers didn't appreciate your skills and, thus, didn't give you your due worth. You didn't really do anything to really change the situation, either, but you've accepted that, and you've thought about it a a lot, and now you're ready to move forward and put your energy into finding something more suited to your abilities. Maybe you want to try something more focused on your creative habits and see if you can find a way to make money at that. You do have faith in your skills, and now you're working to show that to others.

The second section involves your fears, obstacles, and environment, and all of the cards point to very forward-moving mental energies (the Chariot, the Swords, and the 7's).This suggests that you've been thinking a lot about your career lately, and you're really trying to drive forward with it. Being assertive may be one of your problems, so you might focus a little more on how you present yourself or how strongly you pursue what you want. Part of you is worried that you'll be obscured by all the other job seekers. You don't want to have to take what you can get, and the idea that you might have to settle or do a job you don't want to do weighs on your mind. This sometimes prevents you from reaching out for the jobs you want. At the same time that you're dealing with this, other things seem to be moving very quickly. The people around you are making fast and hard moves, going to and fro, and this is somewhat unsettling. There's a lot of "hurry up and do it" going around at the moment, and that makes it difficult for you to keep your balance and focus.

The third section, which involves the future, has two cup cards, which may point toward your potential for emotional fulfillment in your career or toward, at least, finding the insight you need in order to follow through and locate the job you want. An opportunity may be coming to you soon, and it'll likely be one that you think will be fulfilling. It'll give you the chance to try something new, but you might be entering into it at a lower level or pay grade than you might like.The outcome card seems to warn against becoming preoccupied about the things you don't like in your situation, or letting yourself become emotionally low because things don't seem to be going your way. Focus on looking at the positive and seeing your opportunities from another perspective.
                Thanks for the reading, Azarathine! There is a lot in here that makes sense to me - I do feel a bit disappointed in my job in terms of feeling that I'm not very appreciated, and in terms of not really being able to use my creativity - so that is very correct.

Things are definitely moving quickly these days, and I am a bit concerned about looking for jobs again, as there are lots of applicants in my field. So you're right about that also.

The warning in the outcome card is very appropriate - sometimes I do focus on the things that are negative about a situation rather than the things that are positive; especially where jobs are concerned.

Anyway - great reading! Thank you very much.
                sigpic

Forum Guide: Gods and Goddesses

MW Tarot Readings NOT currently accepting tarot reading requests via PM, but will answer posts in the Reading Request subforum if it is possible for me to do so. :spinnysmi

Comment

thanks brightshores, your reading was very helpful.

Comment

Ok, I htink I"m the lazy one here... I'll try to get this done tonight and then post a new one at some point today.

Thanks everyone for continuing to make the weekly spreads so great!
                    :fpraise: All hail the mighty SEARCH function! :fpraiseyo

See the completed cards from the MW Tarot Project @ the link below:

If "a gentle touch speaks volumes" imagine what a bitch-slap can do! ~ me

Comment

For Aranarose using the Goddess Tarot

1 The Past ~ Important events, issues or attitudes that have given rise to the current situation Ace of Cups

2 The Present ~ The prevailing circumstances around the questioner 5 of Cups

3 Hopes and Fears ~ The questioner's hopes, fears and expectations about the question or situation 3 of Swords

4 Obstacles ~ Current obstacles, problems and conflicts that the questioner must deal with Empress reversed

5 Environment ~ The attitudes and actions of other people around the questioner 10 of Swords reversed

6 The Future ~ Future events and fresh influences about to come into play 2 of Swords reversed

7 The Outcome ~ The eventual outcome of events shown by the other cards King of Swords

Ok, well I don't see how we could have come up with a more clear spread for you than this! LOL I almost feel like I dont' even have to interpret, they pretty much speak for themselves. :D

First impression is there are a WHOLE lotta swords going on here! Lots of brain work, analyzing, over-thinking, communication issues, etc.

So, since you married your husband, and since we have the Ace of Cups as the beginning (Past), I'm assuming here that you once truly loved him. You may still love him in a way, which is only natural. I think the feelings were extremely strong in the beginning, which just makes it even harder now. The Present is the 5 of Cups, feeling left behind, empty, dejected & rejected. All is not lost and you know that, but right now it sure feels like it. I think you need to go ahead and allow yourself to grieve right now. Normally I tell people with this card to pull themselves up & quit whining, but we all need to grieve & let go of the past before we can move forward.

I think your Hope here is that things can be solved by talking it through. The problem (and your Fear) is that anything you say can and will be held against you however the hell he wants to do that! Working through the almost intentional miscommunication will be rough. You'll just have to work very hard at controlling your temper and saying only what you mean (and mean to say).

I'm going to PM you about this card, I think.

Others are thinking that this isn't the end. Perhaps someone you love is still telling you that this can be salvaged, that you don't need to get a divorce and that it can all be considered water under the bridge, blah blah blah. Ultimately, that decision is up to you. It is up to you if you decide to forgive, thank them for their well-intentioned advice & do what you gotta do.

The Future here is that a decision is going to be made, and you may be forced into making one that you really didn't want to make. Even worse, it may be made for you. Don't sit on the fence too long or you may run out of options. I'm not sure, but does February mean anything? I sometimes try to figure out time-frames with cards like this and 2 of Swords says "Feb of the new year" to me. Imbolc time-frame.

The King of Swords here is making me think that you may need to "shut down" for a bit. Put your emotions as far out of the picture as you can and make some rational decisions. That just sort of reinforces the feeling of impeccable word that I get from the 3 of Swords.

I hope this makes some sense, hon. I'll PM momentarily on the other card.
                      :fpraise: All hail the mighty SEARCH function! :fpraiseyo

See the completed cards from the MW Tarot Project @ the link below:

If "a gentle touch speaks volumes" imagine what a bitch-slap can do! ~ me

Comment

Originally posted by LisaT4P View Post
                        1 The Past ~ Important events, issues or attitudes that have given rise to the current situation Ace of Cups

2 The Present ~ The prevailing circumstances around the questioner 5 of Cups

3 Hopes and Fears ~ The questioner's hopes, fears and expectations about the question or situation 3 of Swords

4 Obstacles ~ Current obstacles, problems and conflicts that the questioner must deal with Empress reversed

5 Environment ~ The attitudes and actions of other people around the questioner 10 of Swords reversed

6 The Future ~ Future events and fresh influences about to come into play 2 of Swords reversed

7 The Outcome ~ The eventual outcome of events shown by the other cards King of Swords

Ok, well I don't see how we could have come up with a more clear spread for you than this! LOL I almost feel like I dont' even have to interpret, they pretty much speak for themselves. :D

First impression is there are a WHOLE lotta swords going on here! Lots of brain work, analyzing, over-thinking, communication issues, etc.

So, since you married your husband, and since we have the Ace of Cups as the beginning (Past), I'm assuming here that you once truly loved him. You may still love him in a way, which is only natural. I think the feelings were extremely strong in the beginning, which just makes it even harder now. The Present is the 5 of Cups, feeling left behind, empty, dejected & rejected. All is not lost and you know that, but right now it sure feels like it. I think you need to go ahead and allow yourself to grieve right now. Normally I tell people with this card to pull themselves up & quit whining, but we all need to grieve & let go of the past before we can move forward.

I think your Hope here is that things can be solved by talking it through. The problem (and your Fear) is that anything you say can and will be held against you however the hell he wants to do that! Working through the almost intentional miscommunication will be rough. You'll just have to work very hard at controlling your temper and saying only what you mean (and mean to say).

I'm going to PM you about this card, I think.

Others are thinking that this isn't the end. Perhaps someone you love is still telling you that this can be salvaged, that you don't need to get a divorce and that it can all be considered water under the bridge, blah blah blah. Ultimately, that decision is up to you. It is up to you if you decide to forgive, thank them for their well-intentioned advice & do what you gotta do.

The Future here is that a decision is going to be made, and you may be forced into making one that you really didn't want to make. Even worse, it may be made for you. Don't sit on the fence too long or you may run out of options. I'm not sure, but does February mean anything? I sometimes try to figure out time-frames with cards like this and 2 of Swords says "Feb of the new year" to me. Imbolc time-frame.

The King of Swords here is making me think that you may need to "shut down" for a bit. Put your emotions as far out of the picture as you can and make some rational decisions. That just sort of reinforces the feeling of impeccable word that I get from the 3 of Swords.

I hope this makes some sense, hon. I'll PM momentarily on the other card.
                        Makes a LOT of sense. Husband is the King of Swords. Will have to contemplate what that means here.
                        ~*~

~*~

Comment

Working...
                        X