Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spread of the Week - 12/27/07 thru 1/3/07

Spread of the Week rules / instructions:

1. A new spread will be posted weekly (we may change it to bi-weekly or monthly if weekly doesn't seem like enough time to get the readings done).

2. If you'd like to attempt the spread and have a reading done for you using that spread in return, post in the thread.

3. The first person to post will receive the first reading from the 2nd person to post, etc. So, whoever posts in front of you is who you read for, and whoever posts behind you is who is reading for you.

4. The readings should be posted in the thread so that others can read them (after all, this is for the purposes of learning and we all learn better by reading over examples by others) UNLESS the reader deems that the information is too personal to be shared on an open board. If that is the case, then the reader should PM the person they are reading for, but post in the thread that the results were personal and their querent has been PM'd with the results of the reading.

5. Do not post in the threads if you are not willing to read for others. This is a reading exchange, not a free reading.

6. Use only the spread posted. You may use whatever deck you like.

If anyone else can think of any additional questions or rules, please let me know and I'll edit this post. I think the rules should be posted as the first post every week.

If you have a spread you'd like to submit for the "Spread of the Week", PM me and I'll add it to the queue. Potential spreads should be 10 cards or less, for ease of posting and to not overwhelm newbies who'd like to participate.

This week we will again be reading for ourselves.
    Last edited by LisaT4P; December 27th, 2007, 04:34 PM.
    :fpraise: All hail the mighty SEARCH function! :fpraiseyo

See the completed cards from the MW Tarot Project @ the link below:

If "a gentle touch speaks volumes" imagine what a bitch-slap can do! ~ me

This spread was suggested by Zephyrstorm. It looks really interesting. It is from the Mystic Faerie Tarot, so if you have that deck, it might be a good time to become more acquainted with it. If you don't have the Mystic Faerie, I'm sure any other tarot deck will work just as well.

1. Divide your deck into Majors, Courts, Swords, Cups, Wands and Pentacles.
    2. Shuffle each stack separately, and focus on the reading.

Lay them like so:

--------2----3
    ------1--------4
    --------6----5

Turn over the top card on each stack and read them as follows.

1.(Majors) Your Spiritual Strength
    2.(Wands) Most enterprising characteristic/direction of your True Will.
    3. (Cups) Your Emotional Strength
    4. (Swords) Your Strongest response to problems.
    5. (Pentacles) Your Strongest resources.
    6. (Courts) Your Favorite Aspect of yourself.

Now take a card from the bottom of each stack and cross it, and lay it across the other card for that stack. Read as follows.

1. (Majors) Your spiritual challenge - where you need spiritual growth.
    2. (Wands) Problematic area of concentration/work/Willpower.
    3. (Cups) Emotional challenge
    4. (Swords) Fear when facing a problem.
    5 (Pentacles) Financial Challenges/Material Challenges.
    6. (Courts) Least favorite aspect of yourself.

Comment

I'm in! Are we doing this for ourselves again this week?

Comment

I'm in.
        ~*~
        There are no surprises in life, just us closing our eyes to reality. - Me.
        Quantum frying pans fit anywhere. - Me.

~*~
        I read Tarot cards and Oracle cards and Runes and Pendulums and little colored gems that represent the elements. And I believe that they tell the truth. I believe that faeries are real, and that they talk to me. I also know that I'm at least 50% insane. And I'm okay with that. I won't judge you. But you can judge me all you want. I'll just tell you to stuff it where the sun don't shine. And I'll smile while I'm saying it, and offer you homemade fudge and soft pretzels.

Comment

Yep, reading for yourselves. 'Tis good practice.

Comment

I'll do it naturally.
            Each man performs his service to the Holy according to what he is, not according to what he is not; after all, the sacrifice must not surpass the proper measure of the worshiper. - Iamblichus

Comment

Here goes:

me with the Animals Divine
              1a. Temperance: I have a talent for balancing things out and integrating the inspiration that I get from my life with the inspiration I gain from the Divine.
              2a. Four of Wands: Ladybug: I am being guided towards my true will - beginning the foundations.
              3a. Seven of Cups: Dolphin: I thrive emotionally when I can play and be joyful without feeling crowded.
              4a. Seven of Swords: Crane I tend to overthink my problems and my role in them rather than acting on them.
              5a. Eight of Pentacles: Mouse: I have a stable and good home as a resource, and I am also watching my husband work so that we can have the financial stability that we need.
              6a. Queen of Swords: Athena: I see myself as an intellectual and who is seeking wisdom. I want to create a beautiful life via my ideas.

1b. The Wheel: I need to learn to deal with change and the ebb and flow of life better.
              2b. Ace of Wands: Firefly: I have problems moving past the thinking and feeling stages of activity. I need to get better about getting the beginning moving.
              3b. Nine of Cups: Salmon: I need to be better about listening to the wisdom of my heart, and to be willing to fight against the current to be able to reach my happiness.
              4b. Six of Swords: Ibis: I feat that I deal with problems in ways that seek to keep from hurting others and end up walling myself away from others. I also have a tendency to seek a harmonious solution to spare feelings, whether that is a good choice or not.
              5b. Six of Pentacles: Prairie Dog: I struggle with balancing my home, career and self. It is hard to find time for it all, and balancing this is part of the challenge.

6b. (I have problems with this card, so insight is welcome): The King of Pentacles: Ahau Kin - The card itself gives me a sense of being repulsed, and he comes up a lot when I am using this deck.
              I 'm not sure how to read it here - I could see it as my expecting to be treated as the king - everything done up my way, but without my getting my hands dirty? or I could see it as an expression of discomfort in having a say in the finances?
              Each man performs his service to the Holy according to what he is, not according to what he is not; after all, the sacrifice must not surpass the proper measure of the worshiper. - Iamblichus

Comment

Using the Gilded Tarot

1.(Majors) Your Spiritual Strength: Wheel of Fortune
                Knowing what I can and cannot control. Not letting myself get thrown out of whack by those things I cannot control/keeping my focus.

2.(Wands) Most enterprising characteristic/direction of your True Will: Ace of Wands
                Take advantage of gifts and opportunities given to me.

3. (Cups) Your Emotional Strength: 8 of Cups
                Cleaning up my emotional mess and moving on.

4. (Swords) Your Strongest response to problems: Ace of Swords
                Thinking clearly and communicating well.

5. (Pentacles) Your Strongest resources: 10 of Pentacles
                Taking something that someone else has left for me and turning it around to help others? Might need help with this one.

6. (Courts) Your Favorite Aspect of yourself: Knight of Wands
                Finding adventure? I think I need help with this one, too.

-----------

1. (Majors) Your spiritual challenge - where you need spiritual growth: The Fool
                Take a risk once in a while (funny – I got this as my obstacle for my 2008 forecast reading)

2. (Wands) Problematic area of concentration/work/Willpower: 6 of Wands
                Be careful not to revel too long in others’ congratulations for my hard work.

3. (Cups) Emotional challenge: 9 of Cups
                Share what I’ve learned rather than reverting back inside myself.

4. (Swords) Fear when facing a problem: 7 of Swords
                This card I definitely identify with. Whenever I have a problem, I fear the consequences of choosing the wrong solution.

5 (Pentacles) Financial Challenges/Material Challenges: 7 of Pentacles
                I need to be very careful to balance what I have coming in with what has to go out. I have a tendency to get excited over financial gain (like a bonus or something) and buy what I want rather than what I need.

6. (Courts) Least favorite aspect of yourself: King of Wands
                I can be bossy. I don’t want to become one of those people who forget that others have valid thoughts and/or solutions, but I see that aspect in me. I need to be careful to smother it rather than let it grow.

Comment

Wow, interesting.

1.(Majors) Your Spiritual Strength: Hierophant
                  This one didn't surprise me very much. I think that I like to find out the foundations of things, where they start. I like to find out the history and traditions and I like to understand where certain ideas and beliefs come from. I like to take that information and then apply it to my own life. So, while I may not always be a spiritual traditionalist, the changes I make are based on an understanding of where those original traditions came from, and I've made an informed decision as to why that doesn't work for me.

2.(Wands) Most enterprising characteristic/direction of your True Will: 8 of Wands
                  I'm not quite sure how to interpret this as my "True Will". The interesting thing is that this is something that I've recently discovered about myself. I tend to be overly enthusiastic about new ideas and new things. So much so, that I tend to put people off, or scare them! LOL (Stop laughing @ me WolfPup!) So, I actually think that while enthusiasm is often a good thing, I think I might need to learn to scale it back a bit. Hmmmmm

3. (Cups) Your Emotional Strength: 7 of Cups
                  I was confused about this at first, because I wasn't sure how it applied to strength. But, I think it actually represents my support system. I sometimes tend to forget how loved I am. ( I think we all do) and how many people around me are there to support me. I hope that I continue to be the type of person who will inspire those types of feelings in others.

4. (Swords) Your Strongest response to problems: 10 of swords
                  This one was more easily explained. My vision of the 10 of Swords is that once you've hit the bottom, the only way to go is up. And even if it is a big problem, there is always something more to move towards. It may be an ending, but every ending has a beginning. So, I think that I usually have a very healthy way of dealing with these types of things. If there is a problem, I mourn, then I move on and find a way to fix it.

5. (Pentacles) Your Strongest resources.: 4 of Pentacles
                  I think that I understand saving something for a rainy day. I wish I could do it more often. I'm not as frugal and practical as I could be, and I do like to spend money on fun things, but I try to make sure that all my bills are paid and food is on the table first. I do not have any credit cards at all, so if I don't have the cash for something, then I just don't need it that badly.

6. (Courts) Your Favorite Aspect of yourself: King of Wands
                  I think this might relate back to the 8 of Wands. While I don't like being in charge, per se, I do like inspiring others. I like getting people excited about a project and seeing the positive side of things.

1. (Majors) Your spiritual challenge - where you need spiritual growth: Death
                  I think I may need some input on this one. I like to think of myself as the type of person who accepts change easily and rolls with the punches. I don't think I'm resistant to new things. I have had some issues with letting things go, in the past, but I have hopefully moved on. So, maybe this is telling me that I need to take a new approach to my spirituality? Hmmmmm

2. (Wands) Problematic area of concentration/work/Willpower: 5 of Wands
                  I think the problem here, lies in my inability to make decisions. LOL I will let a problem drag on and on and just put up with it, rather than make uncomfortable changes. I think alot of this has to do with my not wanting to upset other people, I'd rather be uncomfortable myself than make others feel that way. I also have a hard time with will power, and resisting temptation is a constant struggle.

3. (Cups) Emotional challenge: 4 of Cups
                  Ennui, boredom, etc. I have a tendency with the 8 of Wands to be very excited & emotionally invested in things at the beginning. They say love is blind. I think that I tend to overlook the bad things when I start with something I love / want. Then, once the shine wears off, I become easily bored and unhappy, wanting the thing / person to change into the person / thing I envisioned them to be. I need to be careful to start seeing the reality of things, so that this dissatisfaction doesn't happen as often.

4. (Swords) Fear when facing a problem: 4 of Swords
                  I think this is my ostrich card. While I do like to take charge in some situations, in smaller, less significant ones, I tend to bury my head in the sand and ignore them. I know it doesn't make them go away... so this is a tendency that I need to overcome.

5 (Pentacles) Financial Challenges/Material Challenges: 7 of Pentacles
                  I need both invest more in the future and take more risks as well. Sticking with something just because I know it is stable might not always be the best answer. Taking a risk to see if more might come from it is something that I should do more often. Maybe it is time to apply for some new jobs! LOL

6. (Courts) Least favorite aspect of yourself: Queen of Swords
                  Now THIS surprised me! LOL This is the card that I most often choose as my significator! So, what don't I like? Hmmmmm I guess that I can be a little too controlling sometimes, trying to force my ideas on others instead of letting them have their own. This is another thing that I've recently realized (shut up again, WolfPup) is that not everyone does things my way (even though it is the most logical and best way, really ) I think I need to allow others to be themselves more, and not be so demanding.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfPup522 View Post
                    5. (Pentacles) Your Strongest resources: 10 of Pentacles
                    Taking something that someone else has left for me and turning it around to help others? Might need help with this one.

6. (Courts) Your Favorite Aspect of yourself: Knight of Wands
                    Finding adventure? I think I need help with this one, too.
                    I often see the 10 of Pents as the family card. You do have such strong ties to your family, even those that are no longer here. Use that foundation that they have given you to base your life on. They gave you good values.

The Knight of Wands is about movement & sometimes rash decisions (to me) I think that you are spontaneous and fun to be around, you get others on board with your ideas, you'd make a great party planner!

And isn't it funny how we both got the 7 of Pents for our financial / material issues but interpreted it so differently??

Comment

Originally posted by LisaT4P View Post
                      I often see the 10 of Pents as the family card. You do have such strong ties to your family, even those that are no longer here. Use that foundation that they have given you to base your life on. They gave you good values.

The Knight of Wands is about movement & sometimes rash decisions (to me) I think that you are spontaneous and fun to be around, you get others on board with your ideas, you'd make a great party planner!

And isn't it funny how we both got the 7 of Pents for our financial / material issues but interpreted it so differently??
                      Thanks for the insight, stalker... I mean Lisa... :rollingla

But seriously, your intrepretation of those cards is very helpful. The funny part is that there was a time when I really wanted to be a wedding/party planner. LOL I love to spend money and if it's not mine... that's even better!

I think that your spread is pretty accurate. Even #2, the 8 of Wands is right on (the enthusiam part, I mean...lol). The fact that we intrepreted the 7 of Pents so differently is a good example of why I don't always like to read for myself. Sometimes I put too much of me into it, rather than what the card actually signifies... I hope that made sense.

The only thing I would add is for the last card... I think that you think you are more controlling than you are. Go back to your excellent interpretation of the 5 of Wands for more clarification. There is a vast difference between giving someone direction (or giving many someones some focus) and becoming Hitler.

As for the 7 of Cups... I LOVE YOU!!!!!

Comment

I'm new and I noticed that the week is over for the reading of this spread, but it seems to still be active so I would like to make a comment on a response, if I may. If my response is out of line, I apologize...this is my first post here and I'm not sure if I'm intruding or not! But I noticed on Zephyrstorm's reading that they indicated that insights were welcome on "6b"...and here's what "I see"...

I think that this King comes up a lot and you get the sense of being repulsed because he represents something you'd rather not deal with but can't ignore (always "in your face"). He represents something that is hard for you to "master/control" in the way you want to "master/control" it. Perhaps it is an indication that your "resources" could be managed/used more wisely or that you are using your bank account to measure "self worth" (the bigger the account the more successful you feel). Anyway, that's my "take" on it!

Comment

Thank you Curious1, and welcome to MysticWicks!

I can definitely see the needing to gain control of my finances a bit more. Its just a matter of biting the bullet and doing it.

Feel free to make comments and such - and there should be a new spread of the week sometime soonish. Jump right on in!

Comment

Yep, soonish... I've been a slacker. Welcome and yes, please jump in!

Comment

Thanks so much for the welcome and the invite to participate - I appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
                              X