Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spread of the Week - 1/9/08 to 1/15/08

Spread of the Week rules / instructions:

1. A new spread will be posted weekly (we may change it to bi-weekly or monthly if weekly doesn't seem like enough time to get the readings done).

2. If you'd like to attempt the spread and have a reading done for you using that spread in return, post in the thread.

3. The first person to post will receive the first reading from the 2nd person to post, etc. So, whoever posts in front of you is who you read for, and whoever posts behind you is who is reading for you.

4. The readings should be posted in the thread so that others can read them (after all, this is for the purposes of learning and we all learn better by reading over examples by others) UNLESS the reader deems that the information is too personal to be shared on an open board. If that is the case, then the reader should PM the person they are reading for, but post in the thread that the results were personal and their querent has been PM'd with the results of the reading.

5. Do not post in the threads if you are not willing to read for others. This is a reading exchange, not a free reading.

6. Use only the spread posted. You may use whatever deck you like.

If anyone else can think of any additional questions or rules, please let me know and I'll edit this post. I think the rules should be posted as the first post every week.

If you have a spread you'd like to submit for the "Spread of the Week", PM me and I'll add it to the queue. Potential spreads should be 10 cards or less, for ease of posting and to not overwhelm newbies who'd like to participate.

As usual, the first person to respond will read for me, and I will read for the last person to respond.
    :fpraise: All hail the mighty SEARCH function! :fpraiseyo

See the completed cards from the MW Tarot Project @ the link below:

If "a gentle touch speaks volumes" imagine what a bitch-slap can do! ~ me

I thought some type of spread for the New Year might be in order, since we're still in January.

1. What do I bring with me from the old year (things not finished)?
    2. What goal should I focus on?
    3. What obstacle do I need to overcome?
    4. What is the main theme of the New Year?
    5. What other advice do I need?

No question is necessary for this one, and it'll be nice to get back to reading for others now. Enjoy!

Comment

I'm in!

Comment

I'm in.
        ~*~
        There are no surprises in life, just us closing our eyes to reality. - Me.
        Quantum frying pans fit anywhere. - Me.

~*~
        I read Tarot cards and Oracle cards and Runes and Pendulums and little colored gems that represent the elements. And I believe that they tell the truth. I believe that faeries are real, and that they talk to me. I also know that I'm at least 50% insane. And I'm okay with that. I won't judge you. But you can judge me all you want. I'll just tell you to stuff it where the sun don't shine. And I'll smile while I'm saying it, and offer you homemade fudge and soft pretzels.

Comment

me too...

Comment

*yawns & stretches* I'm In!!
            I'll read this sunday morning for you , Curious 1.

See what you did, Lisa? that last email was all it tok- I'm hooked again!

Comment

We've missed you! Welcome back!

Comment

Originally posted by Taliesyn View Post
                *yawns & stretches* I'm In!!
                I'll read this sunday morning for you , Curious 1.

See what you did, Lisa? that last email was all it tok- I'm hooked again!
                Yay! Glad to see you Taliesyn. :D

I'm in!
                Each man performs his service to the Holy according to what he is, not according to what he is not; after all, the sacrifice must not surpass the proper measure of the worshiper. - Iamblichus

Comment

I'm in, too.
                  http://www.inlucesco.com

Comment

I'm going to have to back out, sorry ya'll.
                    my dad is in the hospital - not that we're close, but...
                    Each man performs his service to the Holy according to what he is, not according to what he is not; after all, the sacrifice must not surpass the proper measure of the worshiper. - Iamblichus

Comment

Curious 1
                      here you go!

1. What do I bring with me from the old year (things not finished)?
                      THREE OF CUPS:
                      last year you combined two aspects of your life, creating a new "you"- a new direction based on two things you love. this project brings you much joy, and it continues into the new year.

PAGE OF PENTACLES- INVERTED:
                      I think the goal may be financial security- you may be a bit impulsive with things, so a good goal may be to take a second and breathe before making any decisions things,
                      (are you thinking of moving? comes to my head that you are, and that you should weigh that decision very carefully.)

TWO OF PENTACLES- INVERTED:
                      try not to get ahead of yourself- I know that it is exciting for things to fall into place, but I still caution patience- you didn't get to where you are in a day, so don't juggle your responsibilities and your desires carelessly- you might drop something...

JUDGEMENT:
                      decisions- your choices, your plans, it is ALL up to you.

SIX OF SWORDS:
                      A journey, but not towards sometihng but from something. a retreat. before you take this road, ask yourself- am I running? my advice? STAND AND BE TRUE

I hope it Helps!
                      Last edited by Taliesyn; January 13th, 2008, 11:08 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

No worrys, Zephyr. You do what needs to be done. I hope your dad will be ok.

Wolfpup for Lisa - Done

Arana for Wolfpup - Done

Curious1 for Arana - DONE

Taliesyn for Curious1 - DONE

inlucesco for Taliesyn - Done

pentacledreamer for inlucesco -

aluokaloo for pentacledreamer - Done

Lisa for aluokaloo - DONE
                        Last edited by LisaT4P; January 23rd, 2008, 11:13 PM.

Comment

This is for Aranarose

1. What do I bring with me from the old year (things not finished)

(Ace of Swords)
                          Are you writing things down - keeping a book or journal? If so, take a look at what you've made note of and see if it isn't leading you toward a certain single goal. You are on the right track and thinking clearly. It has been a time of revelation and now it's time to put things into perspective and focus on...

(4 of Swords reversed) moving out from a period of isolation and re-evaluation -it's time to get involved again. Perhaps you've been contemplating a change of some sort...going through a time of analysis, figuring out what is best for YOU and redefining the way you look at the world around you, and now, you are ready to rejoin that world in a "new" or different way. This new plan of yours is a good one, but in order to properly focus on it, you need to overcome...

(9 of Swords) those worrisome thoughts that prey on your mind when you are alone and the world around you is quiet. Try to keep things in perspective. That can be hard if you are a person who tries to think of of everything that can go wrong and what you'll do if it does. Don't blow things out of proportion and don't get worked up over things you can't change anyway. What was done is done - what was said is said- worrying about it is pointless. Just know that everything has a way of working out the way it should, even though that may not be the way we want it to or expect it to. The coming year is going to full of new experiences and you may find that if you simply....

(Empress) go with the flow and follow your heart, this year could be one of the best years of your life! This is a very good card for representing the coming year! Tap into your natural abilities and let your heart guide you - you cannot go wrong and you are definitely on the right path! Find your passion and follow it. The power is yours and you have everything you need to create the kind of life you want- don't be afraid and don't overthink it...just be yourself and you might find that luck and opportunity will come to you naturally. Don't be too concerned with ....

(7 of Pentacles - reversed) what you cannot change. Good things come to those who wait. Time is on your side, even tho you might not feel that way! Be patient and let nature take its course. Don't get frustrated or try to manipulate situations if they don't seem to proceed as quickly as you'd like. Try to recognize when the time is right and don't become frustrated when situations in life don't progress as quickly as you think they should. Don't give up - *it* will happen when *it's* time comes.

GOOD LUCK!

Comment

Originally posted by LisaT4P View Post
                            No worrys, Zephyr. You do what needs to be done. I hope your dad will be ok.
                            Actually, my dad isn't going to make it according to my sister. There's nothing anyone can do. I haven't seen him in 15 years, so there's all sorts of strange feelings involved.

But thank you Lisa - it means a lot.

Comment

I am so sorry for you...hugs and healing thoughts coming your way from Montana.

Comment

Working...
                              X